ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 4th, 2014, 08:58 AM   #1
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

The rules to the game "Motorcycle"

Also in an effort to get more people on 2 wheels and use the bike as a commuter, I invented a little game with my motorcycle enthusiast at work.

The game starts and stops (and starts again) on October 1st every year. It involves anyone who wants to play but must be at your place of work. The basic rules are simple... the "house rules" can get as wacky as you care to make them.

on October 1st all players donate $20 (or $10 or $100 depending on if you are a 1%er or deck plate ape) and the pool is established. Anyone who is "in the game" now gets a point for every day they ride to work. Plain and simple. Bike must be in the parking lot and must have been ridden to work (ok pushed the last mile if need be)

House rules

2. (starting with 2 because #1 is up there^^^^) If you are the only one to ride to work that day, you get an extra 2 points (total of 3 cuz you always get 1 point for riding to work.)

3. you get 1 extra point for any day in November or December that you ride (adjust for your local and climate... BFD if you live in So Cal or the Honduras, maybe more important if you live in Minnasota or Alaska)

4. you get 3 extra points for any day in Jan, Feb, or March. (see above caveats)

5. you get 5 extra points if you are the fist person to ride in the CALENDER year, that means after Jan 1st (remember the game starts in October) Southern hemisphere dudes can say July 1st...

6. you get 1/2 a point extra if at any time during the work day it rains/snows. Note this does not mean rains on you, only that rain has fallen at your place of work during the work day hours.

Those are our "house rules" you can make up what ever ones you like and that are agreed upon by the players.

the person with the most points on Sept 30 is the winner (or some may say the loser

The winner gets the pool... with the proviso that he/she will host a party for all the playing members. The winner becomes the recording secretary for next year, and the winner will also collect and hold the "pool money" for the next year. You can get fancy and have a Cup or Trophy that is passed. You can set up an event such as a group ride or what have you, You can have a dozen steaks, cooler of beer and bag of chips, but the basic idea is that you win, you do the even, as much or little as you care to.

The winner becomes the recording secretary who logs the points of each player and confirms things like it rained today or what have you. Most often the game is on the "honor" system... simply Email the recording secretary each day, or at the end of the week. We get fancy with a spread .exl sheet that is passed to the next guy each year.

So have fun, earn bragging rights, have a party with your cycle buddies at the end of the season, what's not to like?
Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #2
greenaero
Motorcycle Hypermiler

Name: Vic

Motorcycle(s): 1999 & 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R's

Great idea! I'd be riding in through rain and snow storms

Old June 4th, 2014, 09:26 AM   #3
iamjacob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

Awesome idea. Makes me wish I wasn't the only rider at work.
iamjacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to General

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2014, 10:36 AM   #5
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
I know at least two riders that consistently ride to work, another who rides but never seen his bike, and hopefully a new rider soon. And our biggest "You all are crazy!" opponent finally has ridden on a bike and now "get's it" (from a passenger's perspective anyway).

I rarely ride to work as it takes me longer to gear up than it does to ride in so don't bother and just bring the truck. Maybe I'll forward this down to the others and see what they say.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #6
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
for the people who ride to work every day it just sounds like gambling on the weather.

Old June 4th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #7
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Name: Lane

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (trackbike), CBR600RR, GS500F

When I move to Az, I'll have to try this. The bonus points will break down to +1 for every ten degrees over 90F, or every 5 degrees below 50F.

I would probably win if I get to count my bicycle (almost every day!).
Worldtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #8
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Only have one other guy that rides here but love the the sound of this! Have to keep it in mind!

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote