ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old November 27th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Sungfooo
ninjette.org member

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): A beautiful BLACK 2008 ninja 250

Good looking Jackets.

I'm sorry if i sound childish , but I like to look good when i ride and i want to be able to wear my jacket around when i get off my bike without feeling silly... so i am looking for a good motorcycle jacket, but I dont like the big bulky football padding look that alot of the jackets have , does anyone have any suggestions on nice fitting , nice looking jackets that don't have that effect.

pictures would be nice too.

thankssssssss
Sungfooo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #2
scotty
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

http://agvsport.com/

This is the brand that I have. It looks good on and off the bike. Try looking at some local shops, they should have stuff in stock to look though. You gotta look good rolling on the bike!

Old November 27th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #3
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

i have this:

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...ES_471-5535S_G

can't recc. it enough. get compliments on it all the time, AMAZING deal! let me know if you need more info.
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #4
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Not sure what jackets you're looking at but I've never really seen too many jackets that have "the big bulky football padding look" to them. I see leather jackets with and without armor protection which honestly don't look took much different from one another. Then the mesh jackets that can be anywhere to snug light form fitting to heavy winter coat styles. But none that I can recall that look football bulky.

I think you just aren't used to the idea of wearing the protection yet and in your eyes just looks bigger then it really is. You're better off with the jackets that have the armor and reflective strips on it. You still look good cause you look like a motorcyclist (cool factor to start) that actually cares about keeping safe (admiration factor to add on).

Here's the jacket I use. I love it cause it fits great, has plenty of pockets for storage, comes with a waterproof liner PLUS a thermal liner as well. It can take you from summer to winter riding with no problem. I have it in white to be easier to see, but they have other colors as well.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-2-Jacket.aspx
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #5
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Do you have a preference for leather vs textile? Leather will be less bulky.

For winter riding (even what we here in the Bay Area consider "winter"), you're pretty much doomed to a little bit of bulk, since you'll need to layer underneath. But better that than not riding at all.

Old November 27th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #6
Sungfooo
ninjette.org member

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): A beautiful BLACK 2008 ninja 250

haha I don't really know what i'm looking for .. I guess i should just stop being a baby and go to a store and actually try some jackets on... that would probably help haha.

anyways thanks for all your suggestions guys
Sungfooo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #7
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Rose

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250R

I had the same problem finding a nice jacket for my husband (check out this thread http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57207) since he won't wear bulky either and I had bought him a different one before (this one http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...te-Jacket.aspx) and we had to return it because of its bulky-football player look.

Then I found this one http://www.newenough.com/street/clos...le_jacket.html and liked it so much I actually bought one for him and one for me! He is very happy with it and no bulky look!
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Speaking of Scorpion, the Stinger is bar none one of the sexiest jackets ever created I wish they made that in women's sizes without changing the design to swirly flowers.

Icon can also be pretty good for gear for people who don't like the look of gear. And if your wallet is bottomless, Dainese always does everything right with fit and styling (It actually astounds me that my shoulders still look narrow in my dainese suit). But yeah, you're going to have to try on stuff to find what fits the way you want it. I never liked shopping until I started doing it for motorcycle stuff, so have fun with it!
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #9
kevlarorc
noob motovlogger

Name: Gareth

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 250r

Oh man, I really like the look of that AGV Dragon leather jacket. Thanks for that website, Scotty.

@Rosie, I think a lot of it depends on how bulky you are without a jacket. I am lankier than a supermodel that's been stuck in an elevator for a week and even the Scorpion All-in jacket looks bulky on me.

Old November 28th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #10
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlarorc View Post
Oh man, I really like the look of that AGV Dragon leather jacket. Thanks for that website, Scotty.
I second that emotion
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM   #11
SVBS
ninjette.org member

Name: KT

Motorcycle(s): 1 of them Big Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
I second that emotion
I third that motion
SVBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #12
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Rose

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlarorc View Post
@Rosie, I think a lot of it depends on how bulky you are without a jacket. I am lankier than a supermodel that's been stuck in an elevator for a week and even the Scorpion All-in jacket looks bulky on me.
You're right.. but some jackets look bulkier than others regardless Truth is that shopping for motorcycle gear is FUN, and with great websites that offer free returns if you don't like something or it doesn't fit, it's even easier to try on several things that you may or may not find at your local motorcycle store!
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2011, 07:03 PM   #13
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

I think the bulkiness has more to do with the weather than it does the jacket itself. In the summer, we'll ALL look bulkier with our armored jackets on. In the winter, nobody can tell the difference until they see my helmet.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2011, 07:17 AM   #14
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Love my current mid summer jacket. I own a lot heavier one for early season as its a little crisp out in the mornings in spring. But once I hit june this jacket comes out for the rest of the summer. I know it's mesh and prob doesnt offer "as much" protection as a nice leather. But I'm rocking mine mid day in the heat while the leather boys leave their coats at home. This thing feels like your wearing a t-shirt and at a stop in traffic you can feel the breeze pass through the jacket.

Like my avatar
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

Old January 11th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #15
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

I agree. It really depends on the person wearing the jacket. Some jackets do tend to have some bulky armor too. What you can consider doing is buying some armor that's more flexible like Forcefield and remove the bulky stuff. That may help as well.

http://search.store.yahoo.net/motost...one=motostrano

As far as jackets go, go to Cycle Gear and try on different jackets. They even have Dainese stuff which can look slim.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #16
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

I just picked up a nice Fox Creek Leathers "Grayson" jacket. I'll probably also pick up a lighter jacket for summer riding too but I'll look into that later. I've spent a long time looking for a decent leather jacket and had almost convinced myself to go with the Icon Daytona for about the same price but I didn't like the graphics and it's next to impossible to find the stealth version. Anyway, I've only read good things about this company so I'm looking forward to trying one of their products.

Anyway, it comes in tomorrow... I can't wait.

Did I mention that it has pockets for forcefield armor?
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #17
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVBS View Post
I third that motion
I 4th that! That's a smart looking jacket. I may have to add it to my jacket addiction list.

Old January 11th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #18
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Bulky is one thing....finding a low-key looking jacket without all kinds of ludicrious design elements thrown on to make you look "badass" is another entirely.

Some of scorpion's stuff is pretty low key. Joe Rocket as well.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #19
kashun84
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Lime Green 250R

How about this? Not bulky at all.
kashun84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #20
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashun84 View Post
That's actually going to be really bulky. Check out the area between the arm pit and the waist. It doesn't taper at all.

Old January 11th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #21
kashun84
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Lime Green 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
That's actually going to be really bulky. Check out the area between the arm pit and the waist. It doesn't taper at all.
Really? I have this one and I feel very comfortable all around. Maybe we have a different standard of bulky.
kashun84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #22
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashun84 View Post
The jacket I own for colder riding is a joe rocket metora something. It looks almost exactly like that. I like it, and it is very well made for a textile. I feel by touch and wearing it that the textile is thick and could hold up well in a slide. Problem is, its very heavy, you might as well get a leather, plus there are a few vents but they don't work very well. 75f + and that jacket is an oven.

Old January 11th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #23
onetruevibe
Love Rival

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

This is my summer mesh jacket.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

It has some limitations, but the price is nice and it is not bulky. I really dig the design of the integrated padding on the back. Good air flow, and understated branding.

Old January 11th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #24
Den
ninjette.org member

Name: Denis

Motorcycle(s): '10 250R(sold); '10 ER-6F

Here is mine (textile):

http://www.rst-moto.com/index.php/pr...extile_jacket/

Also a leather version:

http://www.rst-moto.com/index.php/pr..._razor_jacket/
Den is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #25
Matt_F
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R SE, '08 Yamaha R6

River Road has some nice jackets that are just as good wearing out as they are on the bike. I have one and love it. They don't have any armor, but they do feature thicker leather in the key areas (shoulders, elbows). They are heavy too. I go through security a lot at work and they are always commenting how heavy my jacket is.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-j...&sort=featured

I consider it my casual jacket. When I go out corner carving, I wear a more conventional armored jacket/pants/boots, etc.
Matt_F is offline   Reply With Quote