ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old December 30th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #1
burnrich
ninjette.org member

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): gpx 250

Interesting Argument on Sliders....

Hi All,

Was musing over putting frame sliders on my recently acquired 07 ex 250 and came across the argument for this on another forum. After chewing it over I've decided to can the idea in favor of just never dropping the bike. Here is the article...

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_..._frame_sliders
burnrich is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old December 30th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #2
Sykes92
Jedi on Two Wheels

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (Slightly Modded)

I have frame sliders on my 2010 250. They do stick out and they do seem to have a potential for causing issues if you were to slide. However, I have been guilty of dropping my bike at 0mph a few times. Mostly in driveway or working on the bike and one time where the spring on my kickstand did not full extend all the way. The sliders did their job and no parts inside were damaged (and as a plus there was no scratching on the fairing).
The OG owner is the only person who has crashed the bike and it was a 30-40mph lowside around a twistie. The slider on right side was noticeably shaved off. But there was no internal damage and the scratching to the fairing was minimal. They have their risks IMO, but they arent helpful for a few situations.
Sykes92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #3
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Ha. Sliders for a pregen. Good luck finding any because none have been made.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:02 AM   #4
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I would never waste my money on sliders for much of reason in that link you posted. Plus if you spend over $100 on a pair of sliders that don't really protect much other than cheap plastic if at all you could easily just save the money from the sliders and use it to replace cracked fairing if you do go down for similar price and if you don't go down then you have $ in your pocket.
Plus if you crash you might have to replace broken frame slider anyway which is another $50 or so, IDK how much they cost? and a cracked fairing so that sucks even worse.

Reminds me of people getting Head pipe guards for 2stroke dirtbikes, seems so dumb. $140 for a stupid carbon fiber guard when I can get a brand new stock head pipe for that much or cheaper, doesn't make sense in my head.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #5
burnrich
ninjette.org member

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): gpx 250

I think I'll be investing my money in more important stuff like yoshi or two bro's zorsts instead.
burnrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Sliders = 50/50 chances. Pick your poison.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #7
Sykes92
Jedi on Two Wheels

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (Slightly Modded)

I would add, I more than likely not buy them myself. They came with my bike. But they're a gamble for sure.

If Yamaha's R25 looks similar to its concept design, I will most likely buy it in a heartbeat, but I won't bother finding sliders. My ninjette was my beat-up bike haha.
Sykes92 is offline   Reply With Quote