ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 14th, 2014, 09:18 AM   #1
peteypetepeep
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Exhaust alignment between GSXR 600 & Ninja 250

What's up ? I have a question guys. This guy on craigslist is selling his Carbon Fiber Two Brothers Exhaust for $100. He doesn't ride anymore & just wants it gone. I want the two brothers exhaust so bad that I'm about to get on my 250 & ride two hours away in this cold, cloudy, windy weather just to pick up this Exhaust. The problem is it is coming off an 08' GSXR 600.

So, do you guys think it would align alright ? Or would it need some modding to be done. I'm looking at some models & they look relavently the same fitment.

I mean, it's only $100 & he said it's kinda scratched up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (24.5 KB, 3 views)
peteypetepeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #2
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

The pipe is probably bigger. Could you make it fit? Ya. If you can't just have an exhaust shop mate it up for cheap.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2014, 09:31 AM   #3
peteypetepeep
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
The pipe is probably bigger. Could you make it fit? Ya. If you can't just have an exhaust shop mate it up for cheap.
Yeah, I might just do that, because that is really cheap for it's price. Might actually go get it.

Old March 14th, 2014, 09:41 AM   #4
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
It's just a slip on, why bother? Full exhaust or nothing IMO.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2014, 09:45 AM   #5
peteypetepeep
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamunky85 View Post
It's just a slip on, why bother? Full exhaust or nothing IMO.
I wish I could, but I don't have that extra $800 lol.

Old March 14th, 2014, 09:57 AM   #6
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Full exhausts don't cost $800.

What's so special about Two Brothers anyway? Not the worlds' greatest exhausts by a long shot.

I've owned and HIGHLY recommend AreaP. Engineered for the 250, superb quality, great value and it WORKS. The Quiet Core is NOT obnoxiously loud yet sounds fantastic and produces really noticeable gains in power. And the FULL SYSTEM is only five bills.

Sacrifice a few beers and save up. You'll be glad you did.

Function trumps form EVERY SINGLE TIME.

http://areapnolimits.com/products/Sl...-250R-2008.php

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypetepeep View Post
Yeah, I might just do that, because that is really cheap for it's price. Might actually go get it.
What ever floats your boat mang. A muffler shop will be able to flare an adapter and get you some clamps for cheap to make it work. I did it on one of my old cruisers. Should be sub $50 for the custom work.

Good luck and post a pic if you have it done.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2014, 10:26 AM   #8
peteypetepeep
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Full exhausts don't cost $800.

What's so special about Two Brothers anyway? Not the worlds' greatest exhausts by a long shot.

I've owned and HIGHLY recommend AreaP. Engineered for the 250, superb quality, great value and it WORKS. The Quiet Core is NOT obnoxiously loud yet sounds fantastic and produces really noticeable gains in power. And the FULL SYSTEM is only five bills.

Sacrifice a few beers and save up. You'll be glad you did.

Function trumps form EVERY SINGLE TIME.

http://areapnolimits.com/products/Sl...-250R-2008.php
Looks & sounds good. I'll definitely check it out ! Never heard of that one, so I'll put it on my list.

Old March 14th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #9
peteypetepeep
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
What ever floats your boat mang. A muffler shop will be able to flare an adapter and get you some clamps for cheap to make it work. I did it on one of my old cruisers. Should be sub $50 for the custom work.

Good luck and post a pic if you have it done.
Yeah, I might get it. Seems like it's not that difficult. From the exhaust pipes of the ninja 250 & gsxr 600. Just the length.

Old March 14th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #10
b.miller123
ninjette.org member

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 1998 Ninja 250 2007 Yamaha R6 2003 Honda RC51... sold :(

Why? Two brothers is one of the crappiest exhausts out there. You can probably find a used slip on for cheaper than what it will cost you to drive out there, buy that thing, and then have it modified to fit your bike. The inlet pipe is probably way bigger than the 250's and the mounting point for the support is probably way off of where it should be.
b.miller123 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 14th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #11
peteypetepeep
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
Why? Two brothers is one of the crappiest exhausts out there. You can probably find a used slip on for cheaper than what it will cost you to drive out there, buy that thing, and then have it modified to fit your bike. The inlet pipe is probably way bigger than the 250's and the mounting point for the support is probably way off of where it should be.
I like the look & the low rumble it has. I was also looking at the Danmoto GP.

Old March 14th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #12
old3
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, KTM EXC610SMR

It isn't easy to just adapt, there are other considerations like hanger mount and clearance with other parts of the bike. The extra $ and head ache would be better spent on the correct part. All the aftermarket mufflers are pretty much the same, hollow perforated core, glass packing and a quiet insert. Some are better than others but the one you picked isn't anything special.

I'd recommend you save till you can get the one you want that will actually bolt up. This could be a very expensive way to adapt a not very expensive part.

Area P has some great customer service and if I'd have known about them earlier I'd have probably bought their exhaust over my Akra slip on, though honestly I am very happy with it and its Db snuffer works very well too.
old3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2014, 12:24 PM   #13
peteypetepeep
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old3 View Post
It isn't easy to just adapt, there are other considerations like hanger mount and clearance with other parts of the bike. The extra $ and head ache would be better spent on the correct part. All the aftermarket mufflers are pretty much the same, hollow perforated core, glass packing and a quiet insert. Some are better than others but the one you picked isn't anything special.

I'd recommend you save till you can get the one you want that will actually bolt up. This could be a very expensive way to adapt a not very expensive part.

Area P has some great customer service and if I'd have known about them earlier I'd have probably bought their exhaust over my Akra slip on, though honestly I am very happy with it and its Db snuffer works very well too.
After listening to it several times, it does sound better ! haha, might get that instead. need to save up some money. thanks guys !

Old March 14th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #14
Galaxieman
ninjette.org member

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 Concours 14

+1 on the Area P. I picked up a used full-system CHEAP and am loving it. Yes, it's the short pipe so it's stupid loud, but the power difference is very noticable. Bike revs up considerably faster now, and has better power at speed. Should be even better when I get time to get the jets dialed in.

(I suspect a previous owner jetted the bike when they installed the MGP Growler that came with the bike, as the bike ran better with the MGP and kinda like crap with the stock can. Haven't pulled the carbs yet to verify though.)

Old March 14th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #15
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I don't believe the modifications to that exhaust would be that difficult. This is coming from someone with a compressor to cut off the mounting bracket, a pipe expander and a welder plus a machine shop for anything else that may need to be done. The biggest issue I see is the diameter of the pipe thru the core of the exhaust. The 600 moves over twice the air of a 250 and requires a larger pipe to get rid of said gasses. your stock headers with cat converter will offer some resistance to exhaust flow then it will hit the overly large (for a 250) muffler. The exhaust flow requires backpressure to work properly. This wuld be equivalent to running no exhaust past the end of the header pipe. unless you have the tools and skill to do this yourself I would not bother. It would make a neat project but you would most likely loose performance and $$$
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #16
peteypetepeep
ninjette.org member

lol, yeah. i don't think i'll be picking up that exhaust anymore. right now since i'm on a low budget, i'll just go with the danmoto gp carbon. i just don't want the stock exhaust sound, lol. when i have money saved up, i'll definitely get a full exhaust system for that bike.

Old March 14th, 2014, 07:46 PM   #17
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
So low budget = wasting money on a slipon? ummm...?

tires, brakes, proper suspension, better gear. All things that are better sources to spend your money on that will actually make a difference for you as a rider. Fart can? not so much.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 14th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #18
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

tires, brakes, proper suspension, better gear. All things that are better sources to spend your money on that will actually make a difference for you as a rider. Fart can? not so much.
Agreed. Just save the money for real stuff.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2014, 08:17 PM   #19
peteypetepeep
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

Yeah, never thought of proper suspensions. I just spent some of the extra money I had on some decent gear. I'll post some of the gear I have soon. Tires.. God those are expensive, yet people love to do burn outs.

Old March 14th, 2014, 08:47 PM   #20
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Try improving the front end of your bike before going after a slipon. You'd be surprised how much better the front end feels with proper spring rate and proper sag (preload). A little farting around with fork oil thickness also goes a long way.

Sticky tires also make this bike into an entirely new animal. Better tip-in, more stable while leaned over, tons more grip. Good suspension + sticky tires = cornering on rails.

Cheap slip-on exhaust = just noisy. You know which one I'd choose to spend money on.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2014, 03:35 AM   #21
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Some good advice here.

It's a matter of priorities.

What do you care about more? Look/sound or performance?

There's nothing wrong with farkling up you bike like crazy without regard to making it work better if that's your goal. To me that's a pointless waste of money and time, but that's just me.

From your comments e.g. "I just don't want the stock exhaust sound" it would appear that what you care most about is aesthetics.

Said it before, will say it again. Function over form every time.

Consider the flaw in this logic:

"Great bikes sound badass, so if I make my bike sound badass it will become great."

That's the same kind of logic that makes Ninjette owners want to install fat rear tires. Supersports have 'em and they look cool... so they're desirable. The fact that they'll make the bike handle like crap never occurs to these guys.

No. Make your bike great and let it sound the way it'll sound.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2014, 04:38 AM   #22
Ducati999

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Just as an FYI. I cut the end off of a stock 250 muffler (silencer) I bought on E-bay and then removed the baffels. This took me about 2 hours and it sounds pretty good. The gasses flow slightly better and we still have the factory designed (also weight-like 20lbs) exhaust. With the needles shimmed the bike feels like it has more pull but there has been no dyno to back up me butt. $25 shipped for total exhaust inc headders and it sounds better and has better throttle response and some (possible) more power.

Also I still have the original parts to go back at anytime!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #23
peteypetepeep
ninjette.org member

Yeah, I think I might just go with performance mods. So, as far as suspension. What exactly can I do ? Any other threads or info on that ? Probably tires too. I usually go to RevZilla.com for my gear. Since I live in PA, they don't tax me & free shipping $39.99 & up.

Old March 15th, 2014, 10:14 AM   #24
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypetepeep View Post
Yeah, I think I might just go with performance mods. So, as far as suspension. What exactly can I do ? Any other threads or info on that ? Probably tires too. I usually go to RevZilla.com for my gear. Since I live in PA, they don't tax me & free shipping $39.99 & up.
Oh deer, so many threads on those subjects. Here is the 50,000 foot view.

Exhaust: AreaP or Leo all they way brah....
Rear end: GSXR or another aftermarket (multiple threads)
Front end: Springs (racetech or the like), oil, emulators & maybe some caps for preload adjustment (multiple threads)
Tires - lol omgosh, too many threads but 90% (Rosso II's)

Grand total: $1200, Making a 250 feel like a different bike: Priceless

csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2014, 10:29 AM   #25
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
here's the rule with modifications: don't make the bike worse.

throwing on a ****** scratched up slip on will make it worse than it already is with the stock can.

Old March 15th, 2014, 10:35 AM   #26
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

You can get a Dan Moto for that price, it will be brand new, look better and be probably just as much and it will actually fit the bike so no modifying it.