ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 27th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #41
fujimumu
ninjette.org member

Name: Kensai

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2009 Ninja 250R

Most of the kids in my high school that ask me say "A ninja? That's the fast one right?" I tell them its a 250 but they don't know what that means.
fujimumu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #42
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimumu View Post
Most of the kids in my high school that ask me say "A ninja? That's the fast one right?" I tell them its a 250 but they don't know what that means.
kids at my school don't know anything about bikes period.

a guy in a ups truck next to me at a red light thought it was a 600 and another guy I went to buy a pair of boots from thought it was an R6 although he was far away and hidden by trees, so its understandable. this old guy in downtown LA knew it was a 250 but thats about it.
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #43
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

I Have a friend who owns a Honda Rebel 250. I let him ride my pre-gen without telling him what it was. He guessed it was a Ninja ZZR500. Yes, THAT much difference.

Anthony_marr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2009, 02:17 AM   #44
karlosdajackal
ninjette.org guru

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R Fuel Injected Model 2009

the 250r stickers on the back give it away

Funny thing is when people actually see my 250 they always say "its kinda big for a 250!"
karlosdajackal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2009, 10:40 AM   #45
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Yesterday was a classic. In the morning I parked next to a black Ninja 500 wondering who the driver was. As I was leaving last night he came walking up as I was gearing up and warming the bike. We talked a little and I asked how long he had had his 500 and if he liked it. "Had it about a year but I'm going to move up to a big one like yours. That's a beautiful bike."

By then I already had my helmet on so he couldn't see my S*&t eating grin. (Love it) Told him I thought he would enjoy the 250 and drove off as his jaw dropped.

Old October 3rd, 2009, 09:31 AM   #46
djpharoah
\m/

Name: Mesh

Motorcycle(s): CBR600F3 Smokin Joes

Oh man - yesterday I was just cracking up. I came out of my lecture to the bike parking lot and saw a nice blue new gen 250r. The thing that made me laugh is the owner has plastered "500r" stickers all over the bike. I wish I had taken pics but the lighting condition wasn't that great being that the sun was setting.

I know when I was riding my old 250 I was proud to tell people it was a 250 and totally didn't care what they thought. But I mean come on don't put stickers on your bike to make it seem larger.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM   #47
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
Oh man - yesterday I was just cracking up. I came out of my lecture to the bike parking lot and saw a nice blue new gen 250r. The thing that made me laugh is the owner has plastered "500r" stickers all over the bike. I wish I had taken pics but the lighting condition wasn't that great being that the sun was setting.

I know when I was riding my old 250 I was proud to tell people it was a 250 and totally didn't care what they thought. But I mean come on don't put stickers on your bike to make it seem larger.
Right. I like to pull surprises on people, but in the end, they'd always know it's a 250. Without going into the top-speed factor, the Ninjette is fine at stop-lights, convincing at 10,000 rpm roll-ons, and winning with its twistie-handling potency. People are more impressive by the bike to know that it is "only" a 250, rather than taking it for granted as a 500.

About the guy, if he wants people to think that he rides a 500, why not just buy a 500? A good used late-model 500 can be had for less than a new Ninjette.
Anthony_marr is offline   Reply With Quote