ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 28th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #41
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Greg - I'm sorry to hear about your drops, but glad to see they held up well! We've missed you posting around here - you must be out riding too much

Old June 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #42
zail
ninjette.org member

Name: zail

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

Greg - sorry it went over - looks like the crash protectors kept it safe though - dropped mine trying a u-turn too - about the same amount of damage as yours - ie not much! lol

Old June 29th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #43
noche_caliente

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjetteMan View Post
I got impatient and ordered a set of Shoguns from Rich, but a group buy would be a great idea for those who can wait..

I recently emailed R&G to ask for specifics on why their sliders wouldn't work on US models and this was the reply I received:

"I believe the ignition coils on overseas models are mounted precisely where our crash protectors are located. Apologies for the inconvenience :-)"

I was thinking the same thing about switching to the FI coil, but there seems to be another problem. The coils on our US models mount to brackets that look to be welded on and might get in the way of the R&G mounting plate. It looks like their plate has to mount flat to the existing plate on our bikes. Now assuming the coils are the only thing you have to move out of the way, you could prob just cut the brackets off for a flat mounting surface, then in that case it could work.
I didn't get a comprehensive look at the mounting area since I was just looking through the hole in the fairings and comparing it to the pics in this DIY...
Really a shame too, since these sliders look really nice and well constructed
Yup - the brackets have another bracket welded on for the ignition coils. I think a shop could modify the brackets easily enough, or perhaps you could get a set off of a wrecked FI version, but you'd still need to find a new home for the coils....

Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:17 PM   #44
deezyellownutz
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Zx10R 2009 250R

I have gone ahead and ordered the R&G Sliders to install on my US 2009 Special Edition. Seems like no one else has tried to do this to a US version of the 250R so I guess I will be the first. I just picked them up from ebay for $159 from Cali.

I will post the installation and what I will be doing to make these work! = )

Stay tuned, I will start a new thread.

Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:26 PM   #45
noche_caliente

Good luck John! I had really wanted to do this, but the ones I have are working fine for now. If they ever need to be replaced, I'll be using these and moving the ignition coils for sure

Old March 24th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #46
bogdanb
ninjette.org member

Name: bogdan

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Z750

They worth every penny !

Old May 7th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #47
deezyellownutz
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Zx10R 2009 250R

Parts are on! - I needed to move the coils above the R&G support! I had to cut the OEM bracket off with a dremel and grind down the welds to make the R&G bracket flushed with the frame. Did a test fit with the fairings and the supports are spot on. Excellent design. I have not finished the install yet as I am still waiting for parts to come back from paint. I will have it completely finished then.

Oh BTW, I was able to source the parts from EBAY from a R&G Supplier. It states on the auction that it will NOT fit US model and only EU models. They were taking best offers and I got it for $159.00 = ) - Most expensive sliders ever but if looks like they do the job very well!