ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Haider87
Learning by doing

Name: Haider

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Berkeley hills "The Wall" vandalized

Well, looks like The Wall can no longer be called The Wall anymore.

Upon riding up to the hills this morning, I noticed that it was missing, and when I pulled up I could see part of it was knocked over and another part of it was at the bottom of the hillside. I thought that the rain just softened the ground underneath it and it fell over, but another rider told me that 6 vandals pushed it over.

The wall had an added significance because it also served as a memorial for fallen riders. I wonder what we'll call it now.

This is the location of a special turnout where motorcyclists all pull over for a break from riding in the hills and talk about stuff, mostly bikes.

Anyone know what I'm talkin about or want to add any stories, feel free. Just wanted to fill you in.
Haider87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #2
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haider87 View Post
Well, looks like The Wall can no longer be called The Wall anymore.

Upon riding up to the hills this morning, I noticed that it was missing, and when I pulled up I could see part of it was knocked over and another part of it was at the bottom of the hillside. I thought that the rain just softened the ground underneath it and it fell over, but another rider told me that 6 vandals pushed it over.
The wall had an added significance because it also served as a memorial for fallen riders. I wonder what we'll call it now.

This is the location of a special turnout where motorcyclists all pull over for a break from riding in the hills and talk about stuff, mostly bikes.

Anyone know what I'm talkin about or want to add any stories, feel free. Just wanted to fill you in.
Was East Germany on the other side?

Old May 8th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Yup, from a thread on BARF it looked like it's been down the hill for a few weeks now. It's really too bad...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Haider87
Learning by doing

Name: Haider

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Today was my first day riding up there in ages so I was out scouting the turns again when I noticed. Too bad is right.
Haider87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #5
Kawikaze

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R SE (Sold)

I was up there while it was still there, but the recent rains had caused it to move some. Some of the guys were commenting on the fact that it had moved a foot in one week. I went back the following week, and it was at the bottom of the hill. People are still there, so I imagine that a guardrail will be installed soon.

Old May 9th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #6
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

gah, what are we gonna sit on now?
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote