Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old August 12th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #1
ninja250quebec
ninjette.org member

Name: michel

Motorcycle(s): nina 250 2009

an alternative for those looking for parts for the Ninja 250R

http://japan.webike.net/categories/1...00_143007.html

for people who want an alternative to Shinto Racing view this shop.
They sell the product A-tech and many other products of interest.

Can be more expensive but for some $ $ $ peace of mind is not having to fight to get these purchases.

Michel
ninja250quebec is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #2
motogirl724
ninjette.org member

Name: Ashley

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

that stuff is WAAAAAAAAY more expensive

$175 for a fender eliminator? wtf
motogirl724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #3
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I didn't think items were difficult to get from Shinto anymore since Vince started being the US distributor. Seems like you still have sour grapes towards Shinto, but I thought Paul gave out refunds or shipped out the items again in attempt to solve all these issues with his customers. Anyways if you are griping about the shipping, there are overseas shipping issues period that are not due to the company. One of my friends had to wait 2 months for a leather vest to come in from India because it got stuck in customs, in a container.

Honestly I don't think that place is a better choice... $627 for HIDs... $530 for rear sets, $150 for a Puig double bubble, they just aren't expensive, they are extremely over priced, not to mention shipping cost seem to be expensive too, about $100 to the US.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #4
ninja250quebec
ninjette.org member

i pay 205 usd for my hugger.

1x Hugger - $135 USD
1x Painting - $30 USD
Shipping- $40

Total= $205 USD

finaly i receive a black ...because no blue ready to shipp after 11 weeks and i can buy one from webike for 220 $...for me 15 $ to receive with no problem it's ok.

Old August 12th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #5
ninja250quebec
ninjette.org member

finally got what I buy.
After I do not know how many emails and time lost waiting for a response that does not answer my questions.

Buy what you want where you want it's your choice and I respect

Michel

Old August 13th, 2010, 06:19 AM   #6
Brian250R
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneJunkie View Post
Seems like you still have sour grapes towards Shinto,

I refuse to give my money to individuals or companies that exhibit the level of service and professionalism that Shinto has been known for. This isn't "sour grapes" but rather an attempt to live my life without having to experience the "fool me twice" portion of the "fool me once, shame on you" idiom.

Old August 13th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #7
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Thanks but no thanks.... I think I'll stick with Shinto!

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2010, 06:24 AM   #8
dubojr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian250R View Post
I refuse to give my money to individuals or companies that exhibit the level of service and professionalism that Shinto has been known for. This isn't "sour grapes" but rather an attempt to live my life without having to experience the "fool me twice" portion of the "fool me once, shame on you" idiom.
Wow... you really do like stirring the pot huh? I bet you don't know half of the story. Enough said.

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #9
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Wow... you really do like stirring the pot huh? I bet you don't know half of the story. Enough said.
the half of the story is whantsonesobad getting a bad name before he starts by Paul from Shinto racing. The rest of the story is there are only so many excuses. I wont name them but there are other suppliers from that area of the planet that I havent seen a bad word about, even in their infant stages.

It's sad that in an infant stage someone gets a bad service to dictate future purchases. I have wanted a few things from Shinto and thought about even contacting Paul about being a dist in Aust for them because they have some sweet looking products that I figure I dont want to risk being potentially in a position where the master supplier makes me look a dick.
Locksmiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #10
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
I got my Shinto handlebar risers with no real hassle and decent service DESPITE the order being place right in the middle of the riots in Thailand.

Squeaky wheels on the internet have a way of severely distorting the picture.

Vince is doing a great job of keeping the entire process transparent.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #11
dubojr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmiff View Post
the half of the story is whantsonesobad getting a bad name before he starts by Paul from Shinto racing. The rest of the story is there are only so many excuses. I wont name them but there are other suppliers from that area of the planet that I havent seen a bad word about, even in their infant stages.

It's sad that in an infant stage someone gets a bad service to dictate future purchases. I have wanted a few things from Shinto and thought about even contacting Paul about being a dist in Aust for them because they have some sweet looking products that I figure I dont want to risk being potentially in a position where the master supplier makes me look a dick.
Actually Vince (want1sobad) is recieving a good response form the people here.

I think it would be great if you would step up to help your mates out and become a distributor.

Everyone knows Paul has had some issues. Geez people cut him some slack, its been a war zone over there. He has been nothing but a gentlemen in satifying anyone that CAN be satisfied. There is always a bad apple in every group and some people are never satisfied.

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #12
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Actually Vince (want1sobad) is recieving a good response form the people here.

I think it would be great if you would step up to help your mates out and become a distributor.

Everyone knows Paul has had some issues. Geez people cut him some slack, its been a war zone over there. He has been nothing but a gentlemen in satifying anyone that CAN be satisfied. There is always a bad apple in every group and some people are never satisfied.
I know I have sounded harsh against shinto and I feel this thread is very rude.

I have to also base my comments on Pauls replies to the reasons why things have gone the way they had. I don't want to risk being stuck in another one of Pauls reasons why something went pear shaped if something went pear shaped.

It seems like things that are cool and cheap for our bikes come from the same area and would also have heaps of others from the same area competing to the point that it reminds me of a recent thing at work over plasma parts.

The supplier couldnt give me a good price as the manager of said distributer wouldn't supply a quote for said plasma parts as he new if he did it would make life hard for another distibuter he is friends with of said parts that already supplied us.

I imagine that it would be nearly the same for the area of the world where shinto is.

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #13
Brian250R
ninjette.org member

Quote:

I know everything that has ever been written about Shinto on this (and other) websites. That's enough for me to make an informed decision. If Shinto believes there is something more we should know about their inability to provide timely shipments or reply to customer's repeated requests for shipment info than they should speak up.

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:48 AM   #14
Brian250R
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmiff View Post

Vince should only get a bad name if he doesn't deliver items as promised or doesn't communicate effectively with his customers. I've not heard of this ever being the case. My unwillingness to support Shinto is in no way a reflection of my opinion of Vince.

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #15
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Vince should only get a bad name if he doesn't deliver items as promised or doesn't communicate effectively with his customers. I've not heard of this ever being the case. My unwillingness to support Shinto is in no way a reflection of my opinion of Vince.
I didn't mean it as direct reflecion on Vince but Vince is only able to supply what Shinto can. If Vince for example does a GB on huggers and Shinto pulls a supplier problem where does that leave Vince, he refers to Paul alot.

If Vince can't deliver after the fact it doesn't matter how much communication Vince has, Shinto inadverntintally makes Vince looks bad when that event ever happens. It seems to have happened early in the piece for Shinto (not Vince but shinto).

It is what make me shy away from contacting Paul about bringing things to Aust. I would fully support Shinto but rather any supplier who could deliver said goods in a set time frame. It at the end of the day is not my problem or concern why you couldn't supply somthing, that becomes the suppliers not the distributors problem.

I work for a large manufacturing company for the mines etc. The client doesn't care if our steel supplier couldnt supply the needed steel they just care that the promised goods aren't at their depot on the stated time.

Old August 13th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #16
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
I know everything that has ever been written about Shinto on this (and other) websites. That's enough for me to make an informed decision. If Shinto believes there is something more we should know about their inability to provide timely shipments or reply to customer's repeated requests for shipment info than they should speak up.
Well what type of shipping did these customers pay for? The cheap way by boat minus tracking or the more expensive way by air that includes tracking? He stated multiple times that you cannot track the cheapest version of shipping. If they picked the first method then the problem is there's and not Shinto's, but Paul went and gave full refunds to all of those customers. It probably made things even worse that Thailand was a war zone during that time with deadly riots, and it seems that is when all these issues crept up. It seems that everyone that he had working for him up and left, and his company almost completely fell apart. Heck I would be terrified if I was living through that and would care more about my life than my work. On top of that I'm sure customs also had a hay day over items sent by freight from Thailand thinking that there is something dangerous in those boxes, and they could still be stuck there for all we know. Heck we have seen on here that Matt had customs issues with items from Sportisi. As I said before, one of my friend's ordered something from India and had it shipped by boat and it was stuck in customs for over 2 months. Personally, I refuse to have anything shipped without a tracking number especially if I am paying hundreds of dollars to a company. Anyways Paul has eliminated that method of shipping because of all those issues.

Anyways, from all the threads I've read, Paul has explained himself for all the issues and gave refunds to everyone that had lost shipments, broken product, delayed manufacturing etc. Things at Shinto have changed. Now there is a US distributor, which should smooth out the shipping issues, among other things. How about waiting a few months and see how the company works now before you make an opinion.

I am so tired of reading all of the Shinto bashing since most of it is only half truths, repeated stories from someone else, etc. If you had a negative experience and it wasn't resolved, yes you have every right to complain. On the other hand if the issue was resolved the whole story should be posted, not just the negative portion.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #17
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

i have debated responding in this thread, but want to set the record straight.

first and foremost, thank you to those who have placed orders through me. i think my pattern of quickly responding to pm's, posts about products, the order process, available discounts, etc - speaks to the level of service i have and will continue to provide.

regarding paul - he is a stand up guy who really wants to make everyone happy. that being said, consider a few things. (1) he is a one man show, not a multi-employee company like newenough or motorcycle superstore. (2) he's in a third-world country. (3) the problems he experienced with his fabricator only caused problems with TWO products, huggers and fender eliminators. these issues are no longer present as he has a new fabricator.

i can appreciate the frustration those that did experience problems feel, and respect their right to voice their opinions. that being said, i would hope that everyone would agree what i am trying to do for my fellow 250r owners is a pretty cool thing. my concern is that those who are interested in doing business with me will be turned away by these "shinto bashing" threads when i haven't let anyone down.

to another point, i have been contacted by customers who had problems with their original orders. NO, i DID NOT TURN THEM AWAY, and say "DEAL WITH PAUL, NOT MY PROBLEM". i have a handful of items included with the first shipment that we be delivered as promised (no additional costs, no "buy something through me and i'll help you out").

it should be clear that my #1 priority with this endeavor is to provide GREAT service and FREQUENT/CLEAR communication.

sorry for the extended post.......
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #18
dubojr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneJunkie View Post
Well what type of shipping did these customers pay for? The cheap way by boat minus tracking or the more expensive way by air that includes tracking? He stated multiple times that you cannot track the cheapest version of shipping. If they picked the first method then the problem is there's and not Shinto's, but Paul went and gave full refunds to all of those customers. It probably made things even worse that Thailand was a war zone during that time with deadly riots, and it seems that is when all these issues crept up. It seems that everyone that he had working for him up and left, and his company almost completely fell apart. Heck I would be terrified if I was living through that and would care more about my life than my work. On top of that I'm sure customs also had a hay day over items sent by freight from Thailand thinking that there is something dangerous in those boxes, and they could still be stuck there for all we know. Heck we have seen on here that Matt had customs issues with items from Sportisi. As I said before, one of my friend's ordered something from India and had it shipped by boat and it was stuck in customs for over 2 months. Personally, I refuse to have anything shipped without a tracking number especially if I am paying hundreds of dollars to a company. Anyways Paul has eliminated that method of shipping because of all those issues.

Anyways, from all the threads I've read, Paul has explained himself for all the issues and gave refunds to everyone that had lost shipments, broken product, delayed manufacturing etc. Things at Shinto have changed. Now there is a US distributor, which should smooth out the shipping issues, among other things. How about waiting a few months and see how the company works now before you make an opinion.

I am so tired of reading all of the Shinto bashing since most of it is only half truths, repeated stories from someone else, etc. If you had a negative experience and it wasn't resolved, yes you have every right to complain. On the other hand if the issue was resolved the whole story should be posted, not just the negative portion.
Thank you Cindy, I couldn't agree with you more.

I do apologize if I in any way I have come across harsh or on edge. If it makes any difference, I myself have not purchased anything from Shinto yet and have nothing to gain by defending him. I understand the issues Paul has delt with and sympathize for anyone that has had poor service due to shipping or supply issues. It is my understanding that all these issues have been resolved but the few issues that are out there seem to repeat themselves and it gives the perception to others that if it is everywhere on multiple forums, it must be true. Absolutely not true.

I actually learned about Shinto on eBay. It clearly stated in his ads there that shipping would be delayed due to circumstances out of his hands. I stress to everyone to please read the ads fully before committing to the purchase. Some of these horror stories could have been avoided.

At the end of the day we all just want quality parts at a reasonable price for our lil ninja's. I believe Shinto with Vince's help is well on the way to accomplishing this.

Old August 13th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #19
ninja250quebec
ninjette.org member

from my experience I think that would avoid many problems.
Receive clear and precise answers.

if he could not sent me my purchase because of manufacturing problems at any other problems the truth for me is always better than to believe that the customer will receive their purchases and ultimately it does not get it.

When you're going to say four times in three months that I send you your purchase and you do not get it
The only thing you think those who are liar.For me they really can not lose three times a hugger before we finish it by receiving.

I all I wanted was the truth that is all.

Old August 13th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #20
Brian250R
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by want1sobad View Post
i have debated responding in this thread, but want to set the record straight.

first and foremost, thank you to those who have placed orders through me. i think my pattern of quickly responding to pm's, posts about products, the order process, available discounts, etc - speaks to the level of service i have and will continue to provide.

regarding paul - he is a stand up guy who really wants to make everyone happy. that being said, consider a few things. (1) he is a one man show, not a multi-employee company like newenough or motorcycle superstore. (2) he's in a third-world country. (3) the problems he experienced with his fabricator only caused problems with TWO products, huggers and fender eliminators. these issues are no longer present as he has a new fabricator.

i can appreciate the frustration those that did experience problems feel, and respect their right to voice their opinions. that being said, i would hope that everyone would agree what i am trying to do for my fellow 250r owners is a pretty cool thing. my concern is that those who are interested in doing business with me will be turned away by these "shinto bashing" threads when i haven't let anyone down.

to another point, i have been contacted by customers who had problems with their original orders. NO, i DID NOT TURN THEM AWAY, and say "DEAL WITH PAUL, NOT MY PROBLEM". i have a handful of items included with the first shipment that we be delivered as promised (no additional costs, no "buy something through me and i'll help you out").

it should be clear that my #1 priority with this endeavor is to provide GREAT service and FREQUENT/CLEAR communication.

sorry for the extended post.......

If I could put one of those GOOD POST with an arrow pointing up smilies here I would.

Old August 13th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #21
DAKINECHICk
-

Name: Liz

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Suzuki GSXr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by want1sobad View Post
my concern is that those who are interested in doing business with me will be turned away by these "shinto bashing" threads when i haven't let anyone down.
This is exactly whats happened to me. I want a few items for my bike and I really like what I see when looking at Shinto products....I don't know anything about Paul or Shinto but from all the bashing posts that I've read (quite a few to be exact) I have strayed away from purchasing from him. YES, I do hear some good too, it's just a lot more "not receiving items/no communication/LONG shipping times/etc. To be quite frank with you, I'm very very timid and extremely unsure about ordering Shinto products. It's very disappointing. BUT, unfortunately that is where I am at this point.

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #22
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R SE- SOLD to maverick9611

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKINECHICk View Post
This is exactly whats happened to me. I want a few items for my bike and I really like what I see when looking at Shinto products....I don't know anything about Paul or Shinto but from all the bashing posts that I've read (quite a few to be exact) I have strayed away from purchasing from him. YES, I do hear some good too, it's just a lot more "not receiving items/no communication/LONG shipping times/etc. To be quite frank with you, I'm very very timid and extremely unsure about ordering Shinto products. It's very disappointing. BUT, unfortunately that is where I am at this point.
Agreed, they look like they have a lot of great products, but the reviews are making me look elsewhere for aftermarket parts. I think the shipping charges/times are kind of ridiculous.

I order A LOT from online companies. Often multiple times a week. Car parts, media, clothes, etc. I expect excellent communication via phone/email for any questions or concerns. I also expect free or low shipping charges especially on expensive items (unless it's over-sized).

I Wish the guys of Shinto luck, I know how hard it can be to run a business and please everyone. I will hopefully be able to order from Shinto in the near future.
jmgrande is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #23
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

that's why you order through me. if anyone is interested in shinto products, give me a chance and i won't let you down. i am on this forum all day, every day. my post history speaks for itself. people who have dealt with me are stepping up and supporting me. the last thing i am going to do is let people down and ruin my rep. i respect this forum a great deal, help me help you......
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2010, 07:15 AM   #24
blade
ninjette.org member

Name: matt

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r

on that note i think everyone deserves a chance, i was debating on getting something from shinto but i have seen what vince has done to help peopleout ,so i feel that if u want something go for it if not ur loss
blade is offline   Reply With Quote