ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 19th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #1
Hexdex
ninjette.org member

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Anyone ever bought a fairing kit?

I like the blue 2010 ninja 250 color but im looking for something a little different has anyone ever bought or looked to something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...Q5fAccessories or would it be better just to go to a paint shop? this is just one of many colors they have, im thinking yellow or white.
Hexdex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #2
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

travis,

these ebay kits are crap from china. poor fit, terrible quality, etc. etc. either spend the money for a quality paint job that will last (if you want to got with a completely new color), or considering using vinyl accents. check out my flickr page for some ideas (link is in my sig).

i got my vinyl from www.tapeworks.com
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Hexdex
ninjette.org member

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Thanks for the info i had a feeling with it being so cheap, but then again thats how they get you to waste the money. i called a paint shop in my area they said price could range from 300-1200 depending on color and prep work. i think im going to keep looking around and do it in the spring.
Hexdex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #4
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

it would be cheaper if you removed all the fairings and just brought the fairings to the paint shop.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #5
fujimumu
ninjette.org member

Name: Kensai

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2009 Ninja 250R

Anything that offers free gifts to get you to buy a product can't be very good...you would still have to get your tank painted anyway if you did decide to buy the fairings.
fujimumu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimumu View Post
Anything that offers free gifts to get you to buy a product can't be very good...you would still have to get your tank painted anyway if you did decide to buy the fairings.

Until now, I seemed to be the only one that notices and points out that their "kits" don't do anything for the tank even though they always show a matching tank and don't give you the info you need to make it match yourself (brands, under/over coats, color codes, etc). It's BS. Why not make and sell a tank cover? Especially if you are going to advertise it as being super-easy to switch back and forth, which they DO promote.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #7
demp
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2015 V-Star 950 Tourer (Deep Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Until now, I seemed to be the only one that notices and points out that their "kits" don't do anything for the tank even though they always show a matching tank and don't give you the info you need to make it match yourself (brands, under/over coats, color codes, etc). It's BS. Why not make and sell a tank cover? Especially if you are going to advertise it as being super-easy to switch back and forth, which they DO promote.
I did notice... I just didn't say anything. Have been thinking about going green.. So I can keep up with KKim I considered the kits... don't forget their shipping costs.
demp is offline   Reply With Quote