ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 4th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #41
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Hey Wayan
Pls take me off the list of this. I think it's not a good idea to have it blocking air from cooling the engine. Both of my bikes have openning like this so must be there for a reason.

Last futzed with by randomwalk101; April 4th, 2011 at 05:04 PM.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #42
Dat_Ninja_There
Shinobi Rider

Name: Seth

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Passion Red Ninja 250R

Unfortunately, you'll have to count me out for now. Some d-bag at the bank knocked my bike over, and caused some fairing damage today Until the insurance works it out, I'm not sure how my cash flow is. In theory, it shouldn't cost me anything since he is insured and I was in the bank when it happened, and it will be filed under his policy, but i need to make sure his coverage is current, otherwise I'll have to pay a $250 deductible to have the damages repaired. I should know more by fri or mon and will let you guys know if I'm back in the group
Dat_Ninja_There is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #43
blade
ninjette.org member

Name: matt

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r

ill take a green one!!!!

Old April 4th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #44
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

oh no, sry to hear that your bike fell over seth! someone tried to pull that off on me at april fools, telling me that someone dropped my bike! i wasn't impressed

John, ive seen a lot of bikes here that have that part closed up, even without any vent holes, since this is a new item, and what they had were just home brew parts to close it off for looks. and none of them said it affected the temp. and here in bali its HOT all the time,

updated list:

1: sarapacman99 - White
2: DR1300R - White
3: Lvr - Black
4: bob706 - Black
5: blade - Green
6:

waaaa... the group is shrinking, making the shipping less attractive
we still have time i guess~

and i might have someone who is looking to order this part:

this custom bezel for the koso gauge.

if he decides to get it and ship together with this GB, then we have an extra person to share/split the shipping cost.

cheers,
W.

Old April 4th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #45
sarapacman99
Climb to Glory!

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R White (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
and i might have someone who is looking to order this part:

this custom bezel for the koso gauge.

if he decides to get it and ship together with this GB, then we have an extra person to share/split the shipping cost.

cheers,
W.
im a total noob, what's that thing for?

Old April 4th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #46
wayanlam

its for this:

plus this:

to get this:

Old April 5th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #47
blade
ninjette.org member

so where do we stand for the part ? yea or na

Old April 5th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #48
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
Hey Wayan
Pls take me off the list of this. I think it's not a good idea to have it blocking air from cooling the engine. Both of my bikes have openning like this so must be there for a reason.
It does have vents!

The cooling effect on the headers is minimal. It's mostly open because it's visibly and aerodynamically blocked by the tire and saves plastic, which is kinda the same reason the fairings don't come with the bottoms filled in to hold two quarts of oil and be race-legal. My only problem is that is doesn't really match the style of the bike. I mean, our bikes are angular, but that is another level entirely.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2011, 04:13 AM   #49
wayanlam

im ready when you guys are... i was just thinking that the more ppl that join in, the cheaper i could get the shipping.

just bought some SS bolts, which i can buy and send as well. its like $1, so ill just add that in for the same price for whoever wants it.

the nut has the plastic sleeve, so it wont fall off due to vibrations.

lol.... it rained again today, and the bike is so nice and clean again!

again, before we can go ahead, we need someone on that end to be the receiver.

at the moment i believe that we are down to 5 buyers, if the 5 of you are ready to go, and want me to start buying the parts and getting shipping info let me know. it would take me less than a week to get it all organized and shipped.

cheers,
W.

Old April 6th, 2011, 05:22 AM   #50
Lvr
ninjette.org member

Name: Levi

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Personally, I'd like to wait and see if we can get more people. That shipping is a little steep.
Lvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #51
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvr View Post
Personally, I'd like to wait and see if we can get more people. That shipping is a little steep.
+1. Maybe if you could put out a list of stuff, some folks would opt for a different farkle that is available in your part of the world and the shipping could get split that way.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2011, 06:06 AM   #52
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Name: Doyle

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Hayabusa 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob706 View Post
+1. Maybe if you could put out a list of stuff, some folks would opt for a different farkle that is available in your part of the world and the shipping could get split that way.
+2 on waiting a little longer for cheaper shipping..

Old April 6th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #53
wayanlam

well guys, help get some more to join, the sooner we get a bigger group the sooner we can get this package sent.

regarding other items, there are a lot.... i wouldn't know where to start, lol also it would/should need to be something not too big, so that it doesn't blow the package up into a giant bubble

hit me with what you guys have on your mind, and i can see whats available, the price, and if i would recommend it to you

Old April 6th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #54
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
This is all I really want as far as covering the fairing opening:

This... ^^^

intead of this. ^^^
I think it would close things up enough for me to cleanly install some mesh.

I do want to get a small triangle of CP blue plastic to put over my brake light to make the Sportisi undertail match the Hotbodies one (I think it fits the style of the bike perfectly).

That's a picture of a pregen with mesh installed there. The current generation has the entire area open. Basically, I'd want a smaller version of this red piece in blue so I could do something similar with a current-gen. If they have any damaged ones that they can break off and paint, I'll take it!

Old April 6th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #55
blade
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1300R View Post
+2 on waiting a little longer for cheaper shipping..
i agree , just dont let this slip away

Old April 6th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #56
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I know there are many aftermarket parts for the 250 Ninja in Thailand, but is there a possibility there is one like in my photo?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (66.3 KB, 27 views)
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #57
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
I know there are many aftermarket parts for the 250 Ninja in Thailand, but is there a possibility there is one like in my photo?
I'd be all over one of those!

Old April 6th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #58
wayanlam

its human nature, to want what we cant have, lol

ill print that picture out and ask around, who knows, maybe we are lucky and i can find that style too.

W.

Old April 6th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #59
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I like!!

Old April 6th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #60
sarapacman99
Climb to Glory!

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R White (sold)

Quote:
now that you mentioned that, i think i want one too haha i'm dreaming of winning kawasaki sweepstakes. winning a ninja 250

Old April 6th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #61
sixer
no joy

Name: Six

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 2006 636

One giant box comes to cali and where do we get our individual part? ? When do we pay ?
Posted via Mobile Device
sixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2011, 05:02 AM   #62
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Quote:

W.

We are talking about women right
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #63
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Quote:

ill print that picture out and ask around, who knows, maybe we are lucky and i can find that style too.

W.
Here is where I saw it. http://ninja250rmalaysia.com/showthread.php?tid=7424

Old April 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #64
wayanlam

looks like that guy is getting a lot of his parts from Sportisi.

i might go by sportisi and ask if they can get that alternative scoop thing, but i have a feeling that its a Malay made item. but it wont hurt to ask either way.

regarding the distribution of the parts once its in the US of A, that's something that you guys need to arrange. again, i would like to just say that im not doing this to make money lol.

i didn't post this thread intending to sell this part, but since several ppl asked, i decided to offer a hand in sourcing it to those that are interested. and im passing it on for basically the cost price that im buying them for here. just adding a couple bucks to cover exchange rates, etc.

to be honest, im actually getting like a $10 discount, since its from a friend who is getting it directly from the source, at the shop the scoop is going for over $40. im getting them for just over $30, and passing it on for $35 to cover exchange rates (and maybe a little for the time ill have spend chasing this up, but thats basically nothing, it would be like saying im working for 0.25 cents an hour, haha)

if i were going to do this as a business i would definitely charge more for the item, and also have a minimum GB quantity. but i would also help organize the shipping better on that end, by having an agreement with someone there to do the work required.

actually, at 1st i thought i could get John to help, since ive sent him a part already, but he lives in Huston, and most ppl that are interested are in Cali, so some ppl requested/decided it would be cheaper to ship the package to cali directly. but we still need a candidate to take up the job on that end

as for payment, i think ill have to follow what others have suggested, and ask for the $35 for the part first, so that im not left hanging if someone pulls out after ive bought the parts, and then when i find out how much the bill for the shipping i would request that to be paid (split equally by all). just as an estimate, i am guessing it should be around 20~30 bucks a person, but thats really a stab in the dark, since we dont know how many will join in the end. the more, the cheaper the shipping should be, since its split between more, and the price wont go up that much, since they should stack reasonably well in a small box.

thats all i can offer for feedback for today, its past midnight, and ive gotta get up in the morning to go to work. goood night!

peace,
W

Old April 8th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #65
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Let's get this buttoned up.. split the shipping with the confirmed members and get it done..

Someone in Cali step up..

I live in Illinois but I am in Cali alot (trucker) so it could be either shipped to our terminal in Fontana or I could possibly meet whoever somewhere..

Doyle

Old April 8th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #66
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Let's get this buttoned up.. split the shipping with the confirmed members and get it done..

Someone in Cali step up..

I live in Illinois but I am in Cali alot (trucker) so it could be either shipped to our terminal in Fontana or I could possibly meet whoever somewhere..

Doyle
Then you might have even more people backing out because they expected to be able to split shipping among more than we have. I'm actually surprised at how fast things seem to be moving. Patience.

Old April 9th, 2011, 02:05 AM   #67
wayanlam

As promised, i went and did my homework today. so i went to see whats out there for all of you ppl who aren't happy with just this air scoop i posted about

sorry for the slightly cruddy picture quality, forgot to bring my proper camera, and was forced to use that thing that Nokia calls a camera....

soo... here we go!

Oil Cap from Kitaco (KTC):

--------------------

ignition key cap:

Closed

and opened
--------------------

on the left is a set of KTC caps, if im not mistaken, they go on the sides of the bike, OEM ones are those plastic caps. one set covers the bolt that holts the swing arm to the bikes frame.

above it still in the glass cabinet is a paddok stand thing from NUI.

to the right is a similar set as KTC's from NUI, but has some extra parts: oil cap and handle bar ends.

oh, and my Birkenstock! hahaha...
--------------------

CF rear brake oil reservoir cover:

--------------------

KTC handlebar grips:

--------------------

these air scoop covers again, lol :

--------------------

passenger footpeg replsements, for the exhaust hanger:

--------------------

Triple clamp :

KTC triple clamp

--------------------

KTC clipons:

Nui has them too, cheaper, but apparently different grade in quality.

--------------------

CNC'd front sprocket cover.

couldn't get a better picture of it, it was in that milky bag...

--------------------

LED tail lights. there are two models, one with only the brake light, and another with intergrated blinkers. both look the same. different price tho, these for 300.000 Rp are the brake only version, with the blinkers, it costs around double.

--------------------

Radiator covers.

the one with the NINJA logo is made out of steel, while the plain one is out of Aluminum, which is lighteter, and wont risk having it going rusty.

bottom left there are also KTC handle bar end replacements.

--------------------

that was all from the shops, but i saw this bike parked at one of the places, and thought id show some parts that i didnt see at the shops, but that are also probably available for the right price

the CF was glued onto the OEM side panel, then resined over and polished. i like it~

stumbled across the bike thats getting the rear swing arm changed out with a 2010 R6 swingarm:

they had to make completely new links to make it fit, and sit at the right height... looks like it was a pita to get right. this bike has been there since over a month, lol

anyhow, back to the list of goodies. most of the pictures also has the prices on them in Rp (Indonesian Rupees). the current exchange is around 8700 Rp to the dollar. so just divide those prices by 8700 and you have a rough idea what it costs in USD.

lest see if this might help satisfy some of you...

i should change the title of this thread to something like "package from indo with anything you want it it"

oh, and the famous alternative air scoop... NO i cant seem to find it here. so this part:

is not available here. i asked at four different places today. sry guys.

Old April 9th, 2011, 08:19 AM   #68
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Thanks for the reasearch. Great pics.

Old April 9th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #69
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

Oooh! I'm interested in the KTC clip ons and the integrated tail light. I'd ask for more (like 1 of everything) but if you're going be nice enough to get everyone these parts cheap I think it would only be right to leave room for others!

Thanks!
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #70
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Maybe if it was posted in a group buy thread or under a different title it would help bring in more traffic..

I wonder if the guy from Malaysia could be contacted? I actually like it better.

Old April 9th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #71
wayanlam

Quote:
Maybe if it was posted in a group buy thread or under a different title it would help bring in more traffic..

I wonder if the guy from Malaysia could be contacted? I actually like it better.
sure, i can copy paste that list to a new thread and new title in the market place section which will hopefully attract more people. ill do that later today, since im just about to head out of the house for my Sunday ride

if someone wants to contact that guy in malay, it would be fine by me. you can also post on this thread to give an alternative option to the scoop thats available here, with the price, and shipping that they are offering from malay to the states.

i wont be offended if you like his milkshake over mine ..... hmmm that might be a little off topic if you take it the wrong way. hahaha

the parts that i took pics and posted yesterday night are mostly quite small, so if someone wants to buy several or multiple parts i dont think it would make a big difference in the overall shipping. what would then do is weigh each persons purchase, and charge each guy/gal their % of what the total package weighs. that way someone thats just buying a small part doesnt have to pay as much as the other person whos ordering 6 pieces, lol

it would be the fair way to do it, since we are now mixing in different items into this one package. while before it started out with just the one air scoop

enjoy your week end everybody

Old April 9th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #72
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
sure, i can copy paste that list to a new thread and new title in the market place section which will hopefully attract more people. ill do that later today, since im just about to head out of the house for my Sunday ride

if someone wants to contact that guy in malay, it would be fine by me. you can also post on this thread to give an alternative option to the scoop thats available here, with the price, and shipping that they are offering from malay to the states.

i wont be offended if you like his milkshake over mine ..... hmmm that might be a little off topic if you take it the wrong way. hahaha

the parts that i took pics and posted yesterday night are mostly quite small, so if someone wants to buy several or multiple parts i dont think it would make a big difference in the overall shipping. what would then do is weigh each persons purchase, and charge each guy/gal their % of what the total package weighs. that way someone thats just buying a small part doesnt have to pay as much as the other person whos ordering 6 pieces, lol

it would be the fair way to do it, since we are now mixing in different items into this one package. while before it started out with just the one air scoop

enjoy your week end everybody

Thank you for all your input, research and so forth..

Old April 9th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #73
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Well I joined and posted interest in the pipe/header cover, I guess we'll see what happens..

Old April 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #74
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Oh my a 3rd style...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cover-hrader-dop-1.jpg (16.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg cover-header-n250-green-1.jpg (18.4 KB, 6 views)

Old April 10th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #75
play2pwn
Only the good die young

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r SE

Quote:
Oh my a 3rd style...
now that's the one I like. makes me wonder where to get one, lol
play2pwn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2011, 03:15 AM   #76
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

just a quick question wouldnt blocking airflow in that spot created an air pocket that could cause a tank slapper at speed? i seem to remember a thread where air built up under the front of the bike and caused one.

Also how much for the intergrated tail light in us dollars?
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #77
wayanlam

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...4&postcount=20

i posted a new thread with these items, and the prices for the parts i know~ including the tail light