ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old May 17th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #201
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
props to ken for hosting. big i think i'll only be able to make it out on sunday. should we bring anything? beer?

nice video, cuong. and that daytona. wow. i need one.

kevin, i'll try making a pair of rearset adjusters today... what sizes do you want the holes? for now i'll just give you 4 half inch increments. i'll make you a pair for $30 if you like them. i can do 1/4" steel plate or i can go get some aluminum if you want that instead. steel is stronger but heavier. (its also like 10 times harder to machine) but i think i like steel better than aluminum. let me know. it'll be bare metal if you want to get it powder coated, otherwise i can spray it flat black or clear coat it.

jeff, the ninja needs a valve adjustment, oil and a new rear tire but my fancy new fzr is in increasingly good condition. i've done a lot to secure everything since dustin rode it (and everything was falling off). its not pretty yet though, but its getting there.its raining today so i think im going to go ride around in it to clean it off :-P

Old May 17th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #202
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
props to ken for hosting. big i think i'll only be able to make it out on sunday. should we bring anything? beer?

kevin, i'll try making a pair of rearset adjusters today... what sizes do you want the holes? for now i'll just give you 4 half inch increments. i'll make you a pair for $30 if you like them. i can do 1/4" steel plate or i can go get some aluminum if you want that instead. steel is stronger but heavier. (its also like 10 times harder to machine) but i think i like steel better than aluminum. let me know. it'll be bare metal if you want to get it powder coated, otherwise i can spray it flat black or clear coat it.

jeff, the ninja needs a valve adjustment, oil and a new rear tire but my fancy new fzr is in increasingly good condition. i've done a lot to secure everything since dustin rode it (and everything was falling off). its not pretty yet though, but its getting there.its raining today so i think im going to go ride around in it to clean it off :-P

Damn i was hoping to get a look at the fazer.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #203
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:

Thanks alex! I planned on buying the A&L adjusters but yours sounds like there probably better Maybe start at an inch then half inch increments after that? Also could you do three half inch increments up also?

I did kinds start this http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...043#post294043 But I'll be able to back out cuz so many people were interested in them

Got my area P in today!!

Ken I'll be shipping out the area p, jet kit, pod filter, breather, and LED's tomorrow. You should get the box Thurday or Friday
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #204
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I'm down for Socal Tech Days and rides.
you guys gotta PM me when this stuff is going on..
Or PM Adrian and have him call me he has my number. If I haven't been by in a while.
I'm always game to swing by for group participation.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #205
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I made a rearset adjuster 2 days ago out of a thin piece of aluminum. I could easily make more now that I know the dimensions, etc, but I don't have an extended shifter linkage, is that what it's called? The stock linkage doesn't extend far enough does it? So without that you couldn't use the left side adjuster anyway; is that right? (about the shift linkage not being long enough)

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #206
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

That is true... however, someone can correct me if I'm wrong... all the linkage needs is a longer threaded rod... those can be had at Lowe's or Home Depot... just need the correct length and thread pitch
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #207
kkim

no... that linkage is reverse threaded on one end.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #208
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Do you know if there is a place we could buy one? in stores would be better... need it for sunday :P

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #209
kkim

sorry, I don't. you basically need to find the correct diameter rod, cut it to the correct length, then thread it on one end and reverse thread it on the other.

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #210
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

We could make them right? If we had a tap kit that could do a revers thread?

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #211
kkim

yep... and some metric sized rod.

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #212
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Anyone have the tools? I could try and find some if need be. I just need a little more infor

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #213
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
Ken I'll be shipping out the area p, jet kit, pod filter, breather, and LED's tomorrow. You should get the box Thurday or Friday
Cool, Crissy will be looking out for it.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #214
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
kevin, check out my post here.
i can make you a longer shift rod if you want. i have dies, just need to pick up a rod.

jeff, guess i fudged the last message up... i'll be on the fizzer so you'll be able to check it out in detail.

Old May 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #215
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
i can make you a longer shift rod if you want. i have dies, just need to pick up a rod.

jeff, guess i fudged the last message up... i'll be on the fizzer so you'll be able to check it out in detail.
Looks good alex! You seriously have like very tool possible

Old May 17th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #216
Cazper
ninjaholic

OMG bro... I didn't know you had skills like that? Will they place them basically the same location that your rearsets are at now? What do you need me to clean to get a set?!?!

Old May 18th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #217
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:

naw i miss read it because you said you had to do stuff to the ninja i thought you were going to bring it to do stuff to it lol. I cant wait to check it out.

The best thing about this tech day is you guys wont be able to talk crap about my "Stock bike" any more. Even Cindy was laughing at it on Saturday.

Old May 18th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #218
Cazper
ninjaholic

Jeff, your bike isn't stock... its got a monster decal on it
Posted via Mobile Device

Old May 18th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #219
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
Jeff, your bike isn't stock... its got a monster decal on it
Posted via Mobile Device
I told her that, She laughed at me, I cried in my helmet and died a little inside that day.

Old May 18th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #220
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Jeff do you want stock black exhaust?

Old May 18th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #221
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Jeff, do you even own a 250? I think you're just posing
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #222
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Jeff do you want stock black exhaust?
Yes i do, Swap mine for yours?

Lol cuong you are the only one not to have seen my bike yet rofl.

Old May 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #223
Cazper
ninjaholic

I'll vouch for Jeff actually owning a 250... and with the black exhaust it would definitely be an improvement!!

Old May 19th, 2011, 02:58 AM   #224
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I'm in a conundrum. My parts should arrive on time but I can't make it to the tech day so far away on my bad chain and sprockets. I can't afford to pay a mechanic to install them, which is half the appeal of a tech day. I think I can do the chain (bought a chain breaker) and rear sprocket (changed back to my old one myself) but I don't have anything to take care of the front sprocket (not even a hammer to flatten the washer with). Any ideas?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #225
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I'm in a conundrum. My parts should arrive on time but I can't make it to the tech day so far away on my bad chain and sprockets. I can't afford to pay a mechanic to install them, which is half the appeal of a tech day. I think I can do the chain (bought a chain breaker) and rear sprocket (changed back to my old one myself) but I don't have anything to take care of the front sprocket (not even a hammer to flatten the washer with). Any ideas?
Next Saturday I was going to put a post up and head up Mt. Baldy, I can scratch that and come help you if you need it, I don't have many tools to bring but I have hammer, screwdrivers and a full set of hex keys. I am also lacking in the technical dept which is why I like these techdays as I learn a lot but I can be an extra pair of eyes and hands and who knows we may just be able to pull it off lol.

Old May 19th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #226
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Next Saturday I was going to put a post up and head up Mt. Baldy, I can scratch that and come help you if you need it, I don't have many tools to bring but I have hammer, screwdrivers and a full set of hex keys. I am also lacking in the technical dept which is why I like these techdays as I learn a lot but I can be an extra pair of eyes and hands and who knows we may just be able to pull it off lol.
I think the hardest part is getting a socket that will fit and a long enough tool to use it with for leverage (breaker bar?). The a mechanic told me that the socket adapter alone is likely over $30.

Thanks for the offer. Don't cancel your trip on my account! It looks like I have to solve that problem first so I'll let you know if I can find one. I do work on weekends but I was going to ask for the day off on the tech day before I realized that my chain and sprockets were too far gone to risk the trip.

Old May 19th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #227
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
OMG bro... I didn't know you had skills like that? Will they place them basically the same location that your rearsets are at now? What do you need me to clean to get a set?!?!
Alex has mad skills! Personally on Sunday I plan on getting some of his DNA, I plan on making a Genetically engineered clone of him, my goal is a 2 ft tall clone that can survive on diet coke and gummy bears complete with a hibernation mode, that can fit in a back pack or tail bag. Like wolverine I am going to graft retractable tools into his hands. It will be the ultimate tool kit for sure!

Old May 19th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #228
KJohnson21

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
I think the hardest part is getting a socket that will fit and a long enough tool to use it with for leverage (breaker bar?). The a mechanic told me that the socket adapter alone is likely over $30.

Thanks for the offer. Don't cancel your trip on my account! It looks like I have to solve that problem first so I'll let you know if I can find one. I do work on weekends but I was going to ask for the day off on the tech day before I realized that my chain and sprockets were too far gone to risk the trip.
If you can get it here, I've got all of the tools to do the chain and sprockets.

Old May 19th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #229
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:

If the only way to get your bike up and running is to get it to kens house this Sunday we need to get a plan together.

If you can either get or rig up a ramp and some straps I can drive my truck to you and we can strap it in and drive there. It would be a lot of driving so I would need help with gas (Torrance to SD to Indio) as it would be a lot. But I am willing to do the driving.

As for next weekend it would not be canceling a trip as much as relocating it, driving to baldy to go up and down the mountain or heading down south riding is riding and it is all good to me. What I lack in knowledge and tools I make up for with enthusiasm and an ability to follow a DIY lol.

Old May 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #230
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:
http://www.harborfreight.com/27mm-x-...ket-67790.html

They're only 3.99 at harbor freight. It should be a 27mm 6point socket if I remember correctly. You do need a 1/2in drive ratchet/breaker bar. If you're using a ratchet, you can place a pipe over it for added leverage. Impact wrench is probably the best way to go though.

Breaker bar is 10.99 at harbor freight as well if you go that route. Definitely better than the $30 the mechanic said the socket would cost
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #231
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
If the only way to get your bike up and running is to get it to kens house this Sunday we need to get a plan together.

If you can either get or rig up a ramp and some straps I can drive my truck to you and we can strap it in and drive there. It would be a lot of driving so I would need help with gas (Torrance to SD to Indio) as it would be a lot. But I am willing to do the driving.

As for next weekend it would not be canceling a trip as much as relocating it, driving to baldy to go up and down the mountain or heading down south riding is riding and it is all good to me. What I lack in knowledge and tools I make up for with enthusiasm and an ability to follow a DIY lol.
Thanks for the offer, but it's probably too late for me to request the day off anyway. If I could find someone local that I could ride it to it would be best. I could then go to the next SoCal tech day. If someone from down here is carrying such tools to the tech meet, I'm hoping they can stop here to swap my front sprocket on their way. I'd much appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post
http://www.harborfreight.com/27mm-x-...ket-67790.html

They're only 3.99 at harbor freight. It should be a 27mm 6point socket if I remember correctly. You do need a 1/2in drive ratchet/breaker bar. If you're using a ratchet, you can place a pipe over it for added leverage. Impact wrench is probably the best way to go though.

Breaker bar is 10.99 at harbor freight as well if you go that route. Definitely better than the $30 the mechanic said the socket would cost
Yeah, they have a 12v impact wrench that you can power off the battery but it's $30. I'm on my 4th Harbor Freight ratchet set. The last time one of the sockets split open on one of the bolts holding the front brake caliper mount. Luckily, a set of sockets I bought to have one big enough for the rear axle nut had anoher of the same size. It worked even though it was the same "Pittsburgh" brand.

Old May 19th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #232
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Ken the box is out for delivery

Old May 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #233
KJohnson21

Hey everyone,

I've PM'd our address and stuff to all of the SoCal members that have posted on this thread.

If you're interested and you have not gotten a PM from me with our address, please let me know.

- Ken (& Crissy )

Old May 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #234
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Jeff, HAHA! been awhile since i've laughed that hard.

jet, the ninja is light. me and my brother lift it into the bed without ramps without too much difficulty... getting her down is much easier. just make sure shes strapped down nice and tight... hmm it sounds like i'm talking about something else here.
if you get off work and want to join us, i have a good amount of steel tube if you want a breaker bar. i can also bring an impact wrench if you want... its corded electric. let me know if you change your mind and i'll bring them.

Old May 19th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #235
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Name: Crissy

Motorcycle(s): . . . . . . . 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS800 "Suzi", 2008 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 "Yoshi"

Quote:
Ken the box is out for delivery
Kevin, I have your exhaust!

Crissy

Old May 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #236
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyCavies View Post
Kevin, I have your exhaust!

Crissy
Yay! I forgot to put my jet kit in it lol This weekend is going to be great

Old May 19th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #237
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

it just dawned on me today that i ride 3000 miles a month just to go to school......

im due for an oil change
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #238
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
it just dawned on me today that i ride 3000 miles a month just to go to school......

im due for an oil change
Hey I know a place where a group of riders are going to meet up and do that! What a coincidence!

Old May 19th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #239
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

Quote:
Hey I know a place where a group of riders are going to meet up and do that! What a coincidence!
but i dont have a ninjette! will i still be able to participate?!?

ima be there sunday morning, no qiero sleep over saturday....
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #240
Cazper
ninjaholic

Kevin, of course you are welcome to come... gives us all the opportunity to over your 636!!!

Also, Jet... it can't be that hard to do... I would say if you can get it there one way or the other... with the combined knowledge and tools... your parts will all be installed. I'm just sayin'!!! Either way you should try and come even if you can't ride the bike, bring your car so that you can hang out... learn a few things and generally have a good time

Last futzed with by Cazper; May 19th, 2011 at 10:09 PM.