Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old June 4th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Xceler8
SE Green

Name: O

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Do these fairings seem legit?

2008-2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Almost a month ago, I had a crash and the left side of my 2011 250R is pretty badly damaged. I've been trying to search for some affordable fairings, but I've been quoted high prices so far by everywhere I've called/e-mailed.
I came across this seller on eBay who has various sets of fairings for affordable prices. I'm curious about what you guys think.
His feedback rating is pretty high, but I still take everything online with a grain of salt. Never can be too cautious.
The main reason I find it slightly unbelievable is because this seller has the entire set of plastics going for cheaper than just the left fairing was quoted to me at my local bike stealership.
Xceler8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/thread moved to marketplace

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Xceler8
SE Green

Name: O

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Oops. Sorry about that.
Thanks for moving it.
Xceler8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #4
kkim

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...t=74350&page=2

start w/ post #41
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #5
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

People say that they are thinner than the original fairing but that they are pre-drilled and can be made to fit without modification.

The main problem is that they don't come with a tank cover and every color but green has had variations. In other words, you can't just buy blue fairings for a blue bike and expect it to match your blue tank. It could be Passion Red, Sunbeam Red, 2010 SE Red, or some random red that they just threw together (most likely; considering their lack of an answer). They must be idiots for not addressing this considering that it DIRECTLY discourages buyers.

At least there has only been one Kawi Green from the start desppite the SE changes, but black, red, and blue have changed yearly.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 11:27 PM   #6
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Dont forget that shipping is going to run you 200 bucks usually.
Liquidtoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #7
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

Due to my recent slippage; I've been considering buying a set similar to this.

The guy I talked to who was selling them was extremely helpful and friendly (note: very poor English). He even personally said that I might have some fitting issues.

I gave him the color code to passion red and he said he'd be able to match it as best he could. While that's not exactly ideal, it's worth debating whether to spend $400 on a single fairing or $550 for an ENTIRE set with a pretty unique design.

If my finances approve this month, i'll pick up a set and try to post a full review as it seems a lot of users ask about them. (note: shipping still takes about a month I was quoted)
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #8
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Name: Mo

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Green/Black/White Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I think kkim is right and if you read this thread, it will answer some if your questions about aftermarket fairings.
Little_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #9
krunkfoo
ninjette.org member

Name: krunkfoo

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

Dont mean to hijack the thread here but for those of you considering the option of buying a whole set, I will sell the whole fairing set of an 09 blue ninja for 550 ( except the tank of course). I dont really want to part anything out because shipping is very expensive.

Details and pics here
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60953
krunkfoo is offline   Reply With Quote