ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #1
dirtyrottenninja
ninjette.org member

Name: steve o

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

Exclamation HELP 02 ninja 250 sounds like a helicopter

i dont know why but i was riding home a few days and my gears seemed to slip while shifting so i figured out it was my clutch, soon after that about 1 mile later my bike just sounded really wierd like a helicoter kinda, it idles fine but just sounds like it is running wierd,kinda like it just lost the scream it used to have the day before, it kinda sounds like the timing is off or something ,really wierd, i changed the plugs and gas put inline fuel filter cleaned the carbs for the second time cleaned the air filter ,im just fubared ,i just oredered a new clutch kit which my neighbor was nice enough to instal but it still runs kinda off , anyone have any suggestions,i would really appreciate it, its a 02 250 with a low mileage 06 motor thanks drn
dirtyrottenninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #2
dirtyrottenninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrottenninja View Post
i dont know why but i was riding home a few days and my gears seemed to slip while shifting so i figured out it was my clutch, soon after that about 1 mile later my bike just sounded really wierd like a helicoter kinda, it idles fine but just sounds like it is running wierd,kinda like it just lost the scream it used to have the day before, it kinda sounds like the timing is off or something ,really wierd, i changed the plugs and gas put inline fuel filter cleaned the carbs for the second time cleaned the air filter ,im just fubared ,i just oredered a new clutch kit which my neighbor was nice enough to instal but it still runs kinda off , anyone have any suggestions,i would really appreciate it, its a 02 250 with a low mileage 06 motor thanks drn
if you go to youtube ninja 250 rough idle there is a ninja that sounds exactly like mine thanks steve o

Old June 16th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #3
dirtyrottenninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
if you go to youtube ninja 250 rough idle there is a ninja that sounds exactly like mine thanks steve o
youtube 07 ninja 250 rough idle the red ninja thanks

Old June 16th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #4
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Did you use non motorcycle oil in it? Check your compression and make sure you have strong spark in both cylinders
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #5
dirtyrottenninja
ninjette.org member

thanks i check it out steve o

Old June 17th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #6
p4174w
nooblet

Name: P

Motorcycle(s): 1994 ex250

Quote:
Quote:
youtube 07 ninja 250 rough idle the red ninja thanks
Just copy and paste the link
p4174w is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #7
dirtyrottenninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4174w View Post
Just copy and paste the link

Link to original page on YouTube.

Last futzed with by Alex; June 18th, 2011 at 08:17 AM. Reason: embedded the video, hit edit to see how i did it

Old June 18th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #8
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Did your exhaust clamp come unclamped? Or otherwise any other exhaust leaks?
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #9
dirtyrottenninja
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

thanks for your help everyone ,im still not sure the problem, i gave my neighbor money to pick up clutch parts and then some ,and dropped him some gas moeney as well and dropped him another 100 bucks and he still hasnt done nothing with it yet,im screwed its been a month already im pissed,been promised it will be fixed for three weeks now ,dont know what to do besides pick up my bike eat my losses i guess and figure out where i can get some help cause i gave this guy all my money i had ,not even sure if he even picked up the clutch parts, if anyone knows a good ninja mechanic in phoenix that is inexpensive or some one that can help me out , im an electrician as well i could trade services thanks steve