ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old May 24th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #1
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

BEWARE!!! Do Not Purchase from Fatbikez.com

Just thought I'd put a warning out to my fellow members...

Do not purchase from Fatbikez.com.

I have purchased from them in the past. I got my proton flushmount's from them about a year ago and the customer service was excellent at the time. I even cracked one of the protons during installation and they arranged to send me a replacement. Great service, right? Because of my first experience, I did not hesitate to purchase from them again recently. Apparently now, this website has gone downhill. I ordered my item on May 6th. I have sent several emails to them requesting an update on my order. Since the day after I ordered, it has said "Ready to be Shipped". Nothing has been sent to me. I've tried communicating with them through their web chat. I never receive a response even though it states they are "Online". I've tried contacting their phone number. It is always busy. You can never get through. On their site, it says if you have an existing order, to use their ticketing system for better service. No where on their site, does it indicate how to access this ticketing system. Lucky for me, since I had dealt with them before, I had an old email with a link to their ticketing system. I created a new ticket, but that didn't matter because I still don't get a response. I decided to do a google search and apparently it's been like this since the beginning of the year. Learn from my experience, and never by from Fatbikez.com.

Old May 24th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #2
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

i ordered from them last year and they werent that good either

i got my parts maybe a month after
one came from florida and the other....i dont quite remember where

and they even sent one wrong item

that ticket thing is BS, they just have terrible customer service and communication, or lack thereof
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #3
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

I'm sorry to hear this... I had good dealings with them last year as well... ever since their website changed I really haven't found anything on there that I wanted. Hopefully things will get cleared up.
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #4
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

I'm wondering if maybe someone bought them out. Probably around the time that the site got changed. If u chat with them about an item u want, they'll immediately update the site to include your item so u can purchase it. But as soon as u pay money, they no longer communicate. From what I read on goggle, seems like receiving your items is hit or miss. And the owner, Doug, is full of excuses when he does in fact respond. It also seems like he doesn't have anything in stock, which causes shipping delays cause u have to wait for him to get the product, then ship it out to you. Wow... dejavu! Maybe the owner's name is really Paul.

Old May 26th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #5
ladyrocket
ladyrocket

Name: Megan

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R

Fatbikez=No Good!

Last December I purchased proton Flush Mounts, B@ Fender Eliminator, & A Puig D.B. Windscreen. All of which showed "available" in inventory. After calling to check status 1 week after the order was placed, I received the Protons. After numerous e-mails, phone calls, & bogus updates from the owner(whatever his name was) over a 3 week period, I opened a dispute with PayPal. After Anothe 2 weeks of waiting & not receiving the remaining items that were ordered, PayPal initiated a refund. As Fatbikez had no funds in their Acct., I had to wait another 10+ days. PayPal tried to collect again with the same result. At that time PayPal refunded the remaining balance owed to me. Glad I used PayPal!

Old May 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #6
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
we provide 24/7 support and will respond asap. Our Office hours are 6pm to 3am eastern time. Current customers please use our ticketing system to contact us. ..

Sweet office hours.
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #7
IndyTwoFiddy
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Blue Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
Sweet office hours.
lol
IndyTwoFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #8
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
I just wanted to encourage those of you who have had problems with Fatbikez to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.com). Fatbikez (Astaworks is the real company name dba Fatbikez.com) is a BBB certified business, but its rating is currently under review. I suspect they are under review as a result of recent horrible behavior. Your complaints will help ensure that Fatbikez/Astaworks gets the rating it deserves. BBB will also intervene to help you with any outstanding issues. Fatbikez is based in Central Ohio if you need that info to find them on the BBB site.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #9
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsketch View Post
reverse charge on cc and move on.
That would work for the individual but it would not help warn others. Not sure a BB claim would either though. Who checks with the BBB before they make small online transactions...

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #10
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

I've threaten him with filing a report with BBB before you even posted that. That was the first time I actually heard back from him. Turns out it's the same owner I dealt with in the past. He said personal and business issues have caused the delays. He said he would give me tracking info asap, however that was back on May 31st and I still haven't heard anything from him. Just more BS. I'll probably file a report with BBB anyways and my CC company.

Old June 10th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #11
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
That would work for the individual but it would not help warn others. Not sure a BB claim would either though. Who checks with the BBB before they make small online transactions...
You are probably right, but they do advertise on their site that they are BBB Certified, and there is some degree of (potentially unwarranted) comfort that would provide to a buyer. Since their rating is under review as we speak, seems like the best possible time to give input. Not a big deal either way, just my

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Old June 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #12
ungluck
sleeper

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '10 690 duke

i ordered from and they sent me everything i ordered..and then charged and sent me an extra frame sliders set...and they won't take it back..it's unopened...sucks ass
ungluck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #13
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungluck View Post
i ordered from and they sent me everything i ordered..and then charged and sent me an extra frame sliders set...and they won't take it back..it's unopened...sucks ass
So file that with your cc. That's cc fraud, even if you got the product. You certainly didn't order it.

Old June 11th, 2011, 04:15 AM   #14
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungluck View Post
I may be willing to buy those from you. PM me if you want to get rid of those extra sliders.

Old June 27th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #15
The Blue Rider
ninjette.org member

Name: Terry

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

I just submitted a dispute on charges for some brake lines and levers that I never received. The order confirmation said it would take a couple of days to get the brake lines ready... It's been two months. I tried contacting them several different ways for an update, and heard nothing back.

I say "stay away".
The Blue Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #16
money
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Make sure to post a review: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Fatbikez