ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old July 30th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #1
Jerkson
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Corbin Seat Review: Less than Expected

Phone Charging; Pics coming soon

Hey Guys,

I just got my Corbin seat in the mail direct from Corbin only having to wait 2 weeks and I went to install it today.

First of all I ordered two identical seats, with full Cf leather wrapping and black Corbin stitched logo being the only "customizations".

One of the two seats arrived with a tiny tear...more like a scuff but it is a tear through the top "CF look" layer of the leather. So leaving that one aside to be dealt with later, I went and installed the second of the two seats which looked to be in perfect condition.

This second seat wouldn't line up with the stock bolt locations at all. I had to get a friend to sit on it while I shoved it towards the rear of the bike and even then the bolts barely got in there. Since it had to be shoved so far back, about 90% of the front curve is not in contact with the tank and there is a visible gap. Furthermore, the curvature of the seat, which is to match that of the tank (and the stock seat) is wider and so it sticks out more from the sides of the bike. Not a big deal, but worth noting. After re-reading KKim's DIY, which I didnt think I had to read since installing a seat is about as easy as it gets, it seems like he had to losen and reposition the metal brackets attached to the seat that you bolt to the bike because his bolt holes wouldnt line up either. Perhaps this will fix the gap.

I am unsure if this is the norm by my seat came with next to no "crotch hump" to stop your balls from smashing the tank directly. The seat is basically flat (when looking at it from a side profile) directly into the tank. On a test ride I was constantly trying to keep myself back from the tank to no avail. I understood the corbin seat was going to help with this.

Is this the "standard profile" for a corbin seat? From all I have read people get the standard Corbin seat and talk about how much their ass thanks them after long rides when compared to the stock seat. Hopefully the profile changes magically after breaking it in or I will likely be swapping my stock seat back in.

Old July 30th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

Doesnt sound norrmal, I've had 2 corbins (on different bikes). I'd contact them and make for sure they fix the tear, and look at the other one too.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #3
2011Ninja250R
ninjette.org guru

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE (Green) Previous bikes R1, Daytona 675, GSXR600, Pre-Gen 250R

Doesn't sound right to me either. I've never had one, but, for what they cost, I'd be calling Corbin...
2011Ninja250R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Jerkson
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Well, I went and adjusted the brackets that are attached to the seat....definitely fixed the fitment issues. It still makes me slide into the tank though. Definitely a much more comfortable seat but im surprised to see so little upward slope at the front of the saddle. Perhaps this is something I was supposed to ask for. I will be calling corbin about the rip on the other seat though. I'm sure they will make that right.

For those of us mail-ordering our seats they should have pics and multiple "presets" to choose from on their website. Otherwise we dont know how the seat is going to be built in "standard" form so how do we know what to ask them to add/subtract from the seat??

Old July 30th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #5
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

Name: JR

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

I didn't have any problem with mine, but I do have problems with my huge balls smashing with the tank, I keep finding my self pushing to the back to correct this, definitely Corbin needs to take care of this or offer different options.
wellcraft is offline   Reply With Quote