ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old November 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #41
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

LOL...I need to go back to shuzzzz...I can't read..
thanks bro.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #42
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Okay just finished drilling. The shock eye is PITA!!! You guys must have used some machining or something cuz drilling with a hand drill is ain't no cake walk.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #43
nope
ninjette.org member

Name: Johnathan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Honda 1000RR, 2008 Ninja 250R

Selling my ninja :/

Hey guys, pending a first test ride on another bike I'm building, I will be selling my ninja as seen in the photos in this thread.

This particular bike is in my opinion the best bike to learn track skills quickly. With this setup, I was able to drag plenty of knee, exhaust, and even a little bit of kick stand all by about 2/3 into my first track day. It's very competitive in intermediate run groups and held up really well even in an advanced run group track day I did. The way this ninja is set up has never let me down, it is super progressive and most importantly inspires a ton of confidence. There have been a handful situations where I go in to a turn (usually turn 1 or 2) thinking "****, I should have braked earlier.. way earlier" and exit either in silence or spitting a minute or so of excited profanity out of relief for my intact-ness and respect for moto. It always manages to hang on for me. I've given my bike the utmost meticulous mechanical and cosmetic care, making sure every component is clean, unblemished and mounted securely and correctly. It has a clean title, very low miles, currently registered/insured as street legal (officially street legal if you bolt on a head/tail light), and is in perfect condition ready to haul out to the track. Cosmetically, it lacks a race tail.

I'll post a price both here and in the classified section once I make the final decision, but if you want to throw a reasonable offer my way, go for it.

Johnathan

Last futzed with by nope; January 24th, 2011 at 06:17 PM.
nope is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #44
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Hey, any luck with the sell? I don't see any updates, was curious if you had sold her.

One quick question, how hard was the front end swap? (donor bike?) Any chance you can give a brief explanation, or point me to one if you already did? Thanks.

If i had the money, I would definitely buy it. How much did you ask for anyways?
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #45
nope
ninjette.org member

Hey cab, nah I haven't sold it yet. I'm still building my Aprilia and pending a first track day with it before I accept any offers. While it will be cool having the extra power of the new bike, part of me wonders whether it will offer the bulletproof confident feel of the ninja. I hope it does..

I will want $3500 for the ninja.
Since my last post the bike has been fully safety wired. It also has fresh synth oil and filter and a spare BT-003RS rear tire.

Regarding the work involved for the front end:
You need a donor full front end. I used a brand new 2008 GSXR600 front. You'll need a buddy to help hoist the ninja up to remove the front end, as a front stand won't help you here. You need a specialty tool to pull the bearing races off the GSXR and ninja steer tubes to swap them and another specialty tool to press them back on correctly. Then swap bearings over, but careful not to lose the free bearing balls. Once that's done you gotta play with the spacer and dust seal stack and properly seat the bearings to get a good level of thread engagement on the top nut. You also need to cut and grind off the ignition mount bracket from the ninja frame, this takes some patience and care. I sanded mine smooth and painted it a matching black. You can probably throw the ninja hand controls on the GSXR clipons but the GSXR controls are way nicer so I integrated those and the throttle cables as well which requires a custom mount at the throttle bodies. Theres a fair amount of wiring involved, and a voltage sensitive ignition bypass. I went all out and did it right, integrating all of the GSXR controls, figured out the ignition bypass and wired in a secret ignition switch. I think I know both of those wiring diagrams by heart now.. Anyway, so if you hook up lights and signals, everything will work including hi-beam, horn, and hi-beam "pass" flasher, and hazards. I was able to delete the choke cable with a really good track tune and it starts up every time unless it's been like a month or more, for that I installed a little loop to make it easy to pull directly at the throttle bodies to provide the choke function for that first cold start. Then there's some track set-up, assuming that's why you'd be doing this swap. Remove left caliper and rotor, get a single braided line, get some good HH pads, get some nice adjustable levers, get a race slick, adjust compression and rebound settings on the forks.

Haha I was going to say the swap was not too bad, but recalling all that.. yeah, it was a lot of work and you gotta be pretty comfortable with all the stuff I mentioned to figure it all out in the details and end up with something clean. :P

Crap this post is just reminding me how attached to it I am! Two weekends ago it did me very well at Chuckwalla. Completed new racer school, and competed in the Formula 500 class both days. Also, I set the track record that weekend for a Ninja 250 during practice! Rexbo (Steve) is a good reference for me and my bike, but by now I think several ninjette people have tracked/raced with me and checked out my bike between sessions.

Old March 28th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #46
nope
ninjette.org member

Action shots

Me in red on the fighter ninja.
Steve on the green ninja.

Old March 28th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #47
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 28th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #48
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Cool, sounds a bit complicated, not as straight forward as rear shock, lol.

I'll be at Homestead Speedway in 2 weeks so this will have to go on the back, back, back burner. I might seriously consider buying yours and be done. Let me know if the Aprilia floats your boat, hopefully I'll be back on my financial feet.

Old March 29th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #49
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope View Post
Since my last post the bike has been fully safety wired in a Motel 6 room at midnight.

Also, I almost set the track record that weekend for a not supersport legal Ninja 250 during practice! Rexbo (Steve) is my god and totally beat me during the race then disqualified himself to make me feel good.
Much better!
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #50
nope
ninjette.org member

2:14.3, foo.

Old April 19th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #51
nope
ninjette.org member

I took my Aprilia out this past race weekend and with the exception of a few hiccups, I'm sold on it. 2:03.7 CCW lap time.

Cab if you're still interested in the ninja, let me know. For sale.

Since last time, I got rid of the rear brake reservoir and installed a stubby clear tube in its place - a slick little racer mod I learned about a while back. Weight savings are tiny, but it just helps make the bike look simpler and less cluttered. Also, the stock hose is prone to kinking, this solves that.

Old April 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #52
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope View Post
I got rid of the rear brake reservoir and installed a stubby clear tube in its place
Would love to see a pic of this. Sounds neat

Dude Glad you like the Aprilia, your'e rocking in those pics.
I'd love to buy her but the cash flow is still tight. I'd love a link to the e-bay listing, keep an eye out. She is everything I want to build. How much would shipping be to Florida more or less any clue?

I do feel positive about the next few months. Who knows maybe I'll have an early summer christmas. So please keep me posted.

Good Luck with sale.

Old April 19th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #53
nope
ninjette.org member

Old August 28th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #54
natek
ninjette.org member

Name: nathan

Motorcycle(s): Honda Ruckus

how much weight did you take off the bike?
natek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #55
nope
ninjette.org member

296lbs ready to go w fuel. For sale!