ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old September 28th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #1
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Any riders in Kingston?

I'm a new rider but would love to meet others in the area. If you're a new rider or an experienced rider with some patience I'd love to have someone to practice with or take slow-style rides with. I'm still at the under 4000rpm stage.

If you're too far ahead of my learning curve at this point - no problem. Got any good roads to share? Would prefer quiet, twisty and challenging. What's your favourite roads in the area?
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Hi T! Surprised at no response to this as of yet, I thought there were a few folks up there... Are there any listed on the member map yet?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:53 PM   #3
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Hi Alex
Yes, I was kind of surprised too since I see so many ninjattes in the city. Closest people who registered themselves were in Toronto, at least 2 1/2 hours away. Not even anyone across the water in the US near me and it's only about 1/2 hour away.

I'll have to pluck up the courage to send a pm to one of the members that I know that lives here. He or she doesn't post so, I hope it's not too intrusive to just say hi and put out a meet offer

What's the legalities of making myself a ninjettes.org T-shirt using the proper logo?

I need to wear my ninja cap more often!

Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

You don't even need to make 'em yourself. Just check out store.ninjette.org, there are whole pile of different shirts and other items with a few different ninjette site logos. If you have a different version of the logo in mind, let me know, and I can load it up there as well.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:10 PM   #5
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Need to stop reading so much and have a look around, it's like I keep getting stuck at the front door!

Thanks!

Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:12 PM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Just click on the Portal Page link at the top left. At the top left of that Portal Page, there is a Site Navigation widget that lists all of the main areas of the site.

Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

This could turn into a long night!

While I've got your eyeballs, is there some way to have the page bang up to the top of the page when you're at the bottom post? There's usually a little arrow on the far right lower corner but I don't see one and my notebook is really, really picky re touchpad..

Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM   #8
Alex
ninjette.org dude

What browser are you using? I spend most of my time in Chrome now. On a mac, hold command down and hit the up arrow. On a PC, just hit the home key; either of those should take you back to the top of the page. vBulletin doesn't have a link to take back to the top of the page, but I can look into adding one if there's a good place to put it. Can you post up a link to a page that has an arrow like that?

Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:32 PM   #9
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Found the function key and hit HOME, worked! Thanks!

The fastest arrow is here: www.fireblades.org

Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:36 PM   #10
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

hmm, in that last link, it only shows up when you're logged on,
It's just an arrow where we have a the blog icon.
Want me to ask what the code is for it? I don't think it's a big trade secret.

Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:12 PM   #11
Alex
ninjette.org dude

OK - there is a new link near the bottom of the screen:

« Previous Thread | Top | Next Thread »

If you click "Top", it takes you right to the top of of the page.

Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:29 PM   #12
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

One fingered browsing is back!
Thanks!

Old October 15th, 2011, 05:42 AM   #13
ktownninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Kingston ON and Surrounding Area???

Hey everyone, I recently purchased my '09 250R and looking to meet fellow ninja riders (or anyone else who rides) that live in the Kingston area. If you are interested and live around here please reply back to either this thread or feel free to PM me!

Thanks Chris

P.S. I do have a couple albums listed of my ride if you wanna check her out lol
ktownninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #14
ktownninja
ninjette.org member

ME! lol just saw this posting after I just posted a similar one :P guess I should've searched better

Old October 15th, 2011, 06:51 AM   #15
Alex
ninjette.org dude

/threads merged

Old October 16th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #16
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownninja View Post
ME! lol just saw this posting after I just posted a similar one :P guess I should've searched better
Haha, I guess I should have told you that I posted a Kingston thread. Didn't think you ever looked at the posts since I never saw you online. Now I know better.
I'll get a good pic of you when I meet you to post up in the 'guys thread'.

Maybe some other Kingstonians will show up here?

Old October 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #17
ktownninja
ninjette.org member

lol yeah i dont come on too often mostly because all the local rides posted seemed to be no closer than ottawa :P
hey a photo shoot of our ninjas would be fun maybe we can get one in before the season is over!
yeah im hoping to run into other ninja riders, maybe next time i see one i ll stalk them and chat them up at a red light? lol or maybe they will stalk us when they see us riding around!

Old October 16th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #18
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Well we've got the red and blue so we need to meet the green and the black to make a set.lol.

It's looking a little clear tomorrow, I don't know if I should even hope for a riding day. If the weather holds and I get up early and get to the bike, I'll bring my phone and call you from there instead of home.

Saw your pics, nice! No sliders yet? I'm looking at the race rails from impaktech
These ones don't interfere with clearance and they look awesome!

They're about 230 plus $50 shipping. Good reviews for engine and fairing protection. I'd get black of course just in case I paint the blue into RedBull racing colours.

I can dream! lol

Old October 16th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #19
ktownninja
ninjette.org member

cant forget the special edition white that would make one killer photo shoot!
yeah im usually up early so feel free to hit me up and we can ride if its nice out!
thanks! and i havent decided if i want sliders :S i dont want to sink too much money into her but those ones that you are looking at are pretty slick! red bull theme eh!? lol i think that would look cool, might need to lose the vest tho :P dont want to draw attention away from the bike lol

Old October 16th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #20
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownninja View Post
cant forget the special edition white that would make one killer photo shoot!
yeah im usually up early so feel free to hit me up and we can ride if its nice out!
thanks! and i havent decided if i want sliders :S i dont want to sink too much money into her but those ones that you are looking at are pretty slick! red bull theme eh!? lol i think that would look cool, might need to lose the vest tho :P dont want to draw attention away from the bike lol
heehee, the vest is for my forays into new traffic areas, once I get some traffic riding under my belt, I'll go back to just my black gear. At Shannonville, I'll need redbull colours, Like Sebastian Vettel's F1 car. , maybe I won't be as fast as the other women but I'll look good! I'm still not convinced about riding in normal traffic as opposed to just taking it to the track but I'm willing to try anything.

Did you know they have a new dirt track at Harrowsmith? May have to look into that too. Everyone always says dirtbikes will make you a better street bike rider so I'll be trying that next year.

Old October 17th, 2011, 07:27 AM   #21
ktownninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
heehee, the vest is for my forays into new traffic areas, once I get some traffic riding under my belt, I'll go back to just my black gear. At Shannonville, I'll need redbull colours, Like Sebastian Vettel's F1 car. , maybe I won't be as fast as the other women but I'll look good! I'm still not convinced about riding in normal traffic as opposed to just taking it to the track but I'm willing to try anything.

Did you know they have a new dirt track at Harrowsmith? May have to look into that too. Everyone always says dirtbikes will make you a better street bike rider so I'll be trying that next year.
yeah black gear is great because if you ever upgrade it will still match your bike! and I think looking good being slow is wayyyyyyyy better than having an ugly bike that is fast :P lol
normal traffic is not so bad once you get used to it, try doing the major roads here in town during the "non-peak" hours, like mid mornings, or evenings, when traffic is way less
no, i didnt know about the dirt track but that does sound like a lot of fun! the only time i ever rode a dirtbike was @ slc for the msf course, but i wanna take one out and go off road that would be stellar!