ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:51 PM   #961
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Are you guys taking about the ride today? Wish i coulda been there. Sounds pretty cool.
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:12 PM   #962
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

I had on News13 at work later, they have great video of all of us going down a bike only I-4. Very cool.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:16 PM   #963
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Link to News13: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...-abuse-victims

Nice pic from there:

Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:23 PM   #964
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

BACA Ride in all it's glory:

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old January 24th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #965
r311music
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ZX6R

I'm back in action! Two and half weeks without riding was no bueno. She still has some minor cosmetic damage, since UPS damaged the parts during shipping. However once UPS and the dealer solve their differences, I will get my new tank and fairing and it will look good as new all over again. For now, at least it's running and rideable.
r311music is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #966
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r 03 Yamaha R6 (Project bike)

Glad to hear your back in business Rob! I was thinking about texting you earlier to ask what the timeframe was. Planning on being at SNS on Thursday?
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #967
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Anyone with a new black 250 at VC today? New, or atleast all stock?
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.

Old January 25th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #968
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

I happened to be browsing the social groups on the forums and noticed that we don't have one for our area. So seeing as how this group thread seems to be so active I created a social group for us:

Central Florida Riders

I know, not very creative or anything but I felt it didn't need to be. If anyone has a good group icon we could use for it please let me know. It should be something we can all like and not just one person get excited about. I didn't limit the group to just 250's since our local riders are starting to move up to bigger bikes but still hang out with us.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #969
r311music
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotgeorge747 View Post
Glad to hear your back in business Rob! I was thinking about texting you earlier to ask what the timeframe was. Planning on being at SNS on Thursday?
I'll be there tomorrow! Not too late as I have to work early Friday AM, but I haven't been in over 3 weeks so I'll def show up.

Old January 25th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #970
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

Well, I have class until 2100, and if I'm not too tired I'll show up (late, obviously).
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 1st, 2012, 03:49 PM   #971
Merc250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Murad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Yamaha FZ6R

been a long time.
Merc250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:55 PM   #972
saxnbass

So my tyres came in, and decided to call Cycle Pro to make sure they could install them on Saturday and to double check / confirm the price I was quoted last month ($45 plus tax for both tyres). Well, they have time but he quoted me at $45 PER tyre plus weights and such, so probably around $110 total. Remember Joseph mentioning Central Florida Cycles on Forsyth and called them, the guy told me he can do it Saturday if I drop it off in the morning, I can pick it up early/mid afternoon (he's pretty booked Saturday, but will make time for it) and it'll cost me $59 total.

I'm quickly getting turned off and displeased by Cycle Pro. Where do you guys take your bikes for maintenance, service, and such?

Old February 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM   #973
r311music
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxnbass View Post
So my tyres came in, and decided to call Cycle Pro to make sure they could install them on Saturday and to double check / confirm the price I was quoted last month ($45 plus tax for both tyres). Well, they have time but he quoted me at $45 PER tyre plus weights and such, so probably around $110 total. Remember Joseph mentioning Central Florida Cycles on Forsyth and called them, the guy told me he can do it Saturday if I drop it off in the morning, I can pick it up early/mid afternoon (he's pretty booked Saturday, but will make time for it) and it'll cost me $59 total.

I'm quickly getting turned off and displeased by Cycle Pro. Where do you guys take your bikes for maintenance, service, and such?
Wow you called when I was picking up my bike. I heard that exact conversation a few min ago haha. And overall cycle pro was decent, but then again I'm sure there are better shops out there. It's just really close to me so I can drop my bike off and walk home if I needed to.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM   #974
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Quote:

I had my last set mounted, balanced, and installed on the bike for $110 (IIRC) at Kissimmee Motor Sports. There's always a better deal than at the dealer, but they are right around the corner from where I live. It's also always cheaper to take off the wheels yourself and bring it somewhere, but that's a PITA. I'll pay more for shop with a proper bike stand to take the wheels of and put them back on.

The front was not balanced correctly (slight shimmy at 55-60mph.) I brought it back and rode off with it right in under 15 minutes.

Like I said, they are never the least expensive option, but they get the job done.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:22 PM   #975
Mr.E
That rider dude.

So anyone have HID's and would like to comment on how they are, i.e. too bright, good enough, shoulda done a retrofit, good enough without the retro, here let me help you Mr.E, ect? Lol

Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM   #976
saxnbass

No Eric, nobody wants to help you if you're never going to show up for meet up.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:06 PM   #977
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
I had my last set mounted, balanced, and installed on the bike for $110 (IIRC) at Kissimmee Motor Sports. There's always a better deal than at the dealer, but they are right around the corner from where I live. It's also always cheaper to take off the wheels yourself and bring it somewhere, but that's a PITA. I'll pay more for shop with a proper bike stand to take the wheels of and put them back on.

The front was not balanced correctly (slight shimmy at 55-60mph.) I brought it back and rode off with it right in under 15 minutes.

Like I said, they are never the least expensive option, but they get the job done.

Since you're that close to KMS you should check out Racing Connection which isn't far from there.

Racing connection website...

Even the owner of KMS takes his racing bike there instead of letting his mechanics work on it. I won't ever go back to KMS for my bike after the issues I've had with their work.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:23 PM   #978
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Quote:
No Eric, nobody wants to help you if you're never going to show up for meet up.

Somebodys just jealous they dont have a White SE to look at when im not there. lmao. jkjk. If the meet up was moved to wednesday or monday, I'd be there nearly everytime. I start school 1am, get out 8:15 pm, then have to go home take a nape and go to work till 7am. Once I get a new job, Ill be going more hopefully lol.

Im not sure to retrofit the HIDs or just get the ddm ones and make sure they're pointed down enough to not blind people too much lol. Ugh. I wish there were a shop in fl to just do it. realitivly cheap. lol

Edit: Pretty split still. On one hand, I can pay 50 dollars for the ddm, install them quick, and be done. Con is having the light everywhere, possibly blinding other drivers and maybe asking for it from the cops. But, lets me honest, this is orlando and cars are just as bad.

On the other hand i can spend 300 dollars, get a proper retrofit, projecters ect w.e., it will look nice and clean and have a proper cut off line. Cons, it costs so much and will take more time.

Last futzed with by Mr.E; February 3rd, 2012 at 03:03 AM.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM   #979
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

I have HIDs in my car but only because I swapped out the reflective housing with projectors. They still aren't quite as good as cars that come stock with HIDs though.

IMO either do it right or don't do it at all. They won't improve your view of the road any (most likely make it much worse), blind other drivers, and make you look like an idiot to anyone that knows anything about proper HIDs. Also if you you start getting into the blue color spectrum or 8K+ bulbs don't even think about driving at night on wet roads as you won't see anything, including the lines on the road. That's one of the reasons you see so many cars out there with Blue HID headlights and yellow foglights.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM   #980
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

I'm definitely of the do it right or don't bother school of thought. I get blinded all the time by jackasses with HIDs in reflector housings in both cars and bikes. That, plus the potential po-po attraction, plus the fact that you're blinded in rain or fog at night... nah.

Save up and get the right thing. or put driving lights on for when you need more light.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:48 AM   #981
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Since you're that close to KMS you should check out Racing Connection which isn't far from there.

Racing connection website...

Even the owner of KMS takes his racing bike there instead of letting his mechanics work on it. I won't ever go back to KMS for my bike after the issues I've had with their work.
I'm on the other side of KMS, probably about 15 minutes from these guys... I'll have to swing over and check them out. If nothing else, I can ask about getting my bike tuned.

Old February 13th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #982
caps
Sexy Beast

Name: Mat

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2006 ZX-14, 2012 Ducati Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post

on another note, i ordered a cbr hugger today
caps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 13th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #983
saxnbass

Very nice. I'm toying with the idea of a scott's hugger in red.

Also, I'll be late again this Thursday guys, class again.

Old February 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #984
saxnbass

Who wants to go out and ride an R6, R1 and FZ6R with me?

Old February 15th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #985
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

I may be down to go on the 23rd as I'm off on Fridays. May also be a little less crowded on the weekday?

Old February 15th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #986
saxnbass

I'll have to see which day I'll be off and not have class out of those two. I will find that out late next week or early the week after.

Old February 15th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #987
caps
Sexy Beast

Name: Mat

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2006 ZX-14, 2012 Ducati Monster

I need one out here

Kawasaki is out here the 24th-25th
caps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 15th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #988
sombo

Sounds like fun. Since I have off on Friday I might have to drop on over and have a little demo fun.

Any details for that Kawi demo in Tampa on the 24-25? Wouldn't mind heading out to go do that one in case I miss any at Bike Week. I plan on doing some mad demo riding in March if I go demo at Bike Week and then at these as well lol.

Old February 15th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #989
r311music
ninjette.org member

I can do either, I'm off Fri/Sat in March! I'd love to ride an r6 just to compare it to my zx6r.

Old February 15th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #990
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by r311music View Post
I can do either, I'm off Fri/Sat in March! I'd love to ride an r6 just to compare it to my zx6r.
So you're finally off on a weekend. I get back from Europe the 24th of March..... You coming to SNS tomorrow. I'll be there.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 15th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #991
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by r311music View Post
Maybe just maybe I might have my R6 running before then and you can test it out. Let's see which happens first haha.

Old February 15th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #992
r311music
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Maybe just maybe I might have my R6 running before then and you can test it out. Let's see which happens first haha.
Keep me updated on that! Finally get some time to do any more work on her recently?

Old February 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #993
saxnbass

Quote:
*Cough* Set it up as a stunt bike *cough*

Old February 16th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #994
matha028
ninjette.org guru

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R red/black SE <-- totalled now '11 650r BLACK

I'm off on the 23rd that's a Thursday right? I'm
Down for going to that. Are they only demoing sport bikes?

Old February 16th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #995
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by matha028 View Post
I'm off on the 23rd that's a Thursday right? I'm
Down for going to that. Are they only demoing sport bikes?
23th of March is a Friday. Also this a Stars demo truck. That means Yamaha cruisers, no sportbikes involved.

Old February 16th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #996
matha028
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R red/black SE <-- totalled now '11 650r BLACK

Read the add dude? Read the fine print. It says also includes and lists 4 or 5 sport bikes

Old February 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #997
matha028
ninjette.org guru

Oh that's march. I'll be waiting to see if I'm off. Supposed to be off Thursday's and Friday's though.

Old February 16th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #998
saxnbass

Read the small print. And yes, I will only be demoing the sport bikes, I have no desire to ride the cruisers.

Old February 16th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #999
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
That is after Daytona Bike Week. If they don't show up at Daytona I wouldn't mind trying an R1.

Old February 16th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #1000
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by matha028 View Post
Read the add dude? Read the fine print. It says also includes and lists 4 or 5 sport bikes
Ok "dude", so I missed the fine print. You missed the big STAR MOTORCYCLES on the side. That alone should tell you it's cruisers as the main focus.