ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #521
Sigma.40
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 1999 "1000cc" ZX9R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
^Lol, I had 1.8 seconds between the girl initiating the U turn and the collision, so for me it was pretty impossible to avoid it
Yeah, I figured you were closer, it just reminded me of this thread. If you only had .625 of a second to react, you must have been practically next to her when she turned.
Sigma.40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #522
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Well no not quite, it was 1.8 seconds between her visibly turning and us colliding. As soon as she visibly turned it took me 0.625 seconds to visibly react, which left me with around 1.1 seconds to break and swerve
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #523
Sigma.40
ninjette.org member

Quote:
If insurance totals my bike out due to a bent frame, would it be a good idea to buy it back from them? Does anyone have any idea how much they would charge? Idk what I would do without my 250, I'm not a one bike guy. If the frame was bent, but not badly, I wouldn't be opposed to buying it back and fixing it up. If it was bent beyond use, would buying it back and parting it out prove fruitful? If it is totaled, I don't think I would want to buy another 250, it just wouldn't be the same, I want MY bike back. Perhaps if its totaled, I'll start saving up for a Ninja 1000... idk... idk what to do, I just want my bike back
I'd imagine you can buy it back dirt cheap. My sister totaled out my dad's 02 Audi A6 (value was around $7500-9000) the insurance company offered to sell it back for like $500 or so. The biggest damage on it was a dent in the rear quarter panel, but that panel was like $5000 alone.

Thought about buying it from them, but she drove it off a 7 foot cliff. It seemed to drive OK, but no telling if there'd be suspension or steering issues down the road. Didn't want those repair bills on an Audi. Waste of a nice car.

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #524
Sigma.40
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Well no not quite, it was 1.8 seconds between her visibly turning and us colliding. As soon as she visibly turned it took me 0.625 seconds to visibly react, which left me with around 1.1 seconds to break and swerve
Oh, gotcha...still not enough time. Dumb B****.

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #525
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma.40 View Post
I'd imagine you can buy it back dirt cheap. My sister totaled out my dad's 02 Audi A6 (value was around $7500-9000) the insurance company offered to sell it back for like $500 or so. The biggest damage on it was a dent in the rear quarter panel, but that panel was like $5000 alone.

Thought about buying it from them, but she drove it off a 7 foot cliff. It seemed to drive OK, but no telling.
Yea, I'm wondering if anyone has any similar experience and knows how much I could get it for from them
AFM #676

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #526
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
Quote:
Dude, I would greatly prefer a broken hand.
I wouldnt but then I dont have a hot spare
Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
My raid won't rebuild....
EXACTLY what I was thinking! So, you lost redundancy and now can't restore from the parity info on the remaining drives?

Quote:
I ordered call of duty modern warfare 3 with overnight shipping from amazon (thanks prime ) Like I said I'm not really into games but I'm hoping this one will be good enough that it can fend off boredom a while
This one isn't from Infinity Ward, so my expectations were low.

Quote:
My youtube account is deliquent because I posted that haha
Did you post it as "Unlisted?" Probably should have... and mirror-image flipped it.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #527
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
No I didn't haha and I thought about flipping it after the fact, I just deleted it lol
AFM #676

Old April 14th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #528
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Quote:
I read somewhere that it is better to do one than do both. Im not sure though....1.1 seconds isn't a lot.:/
Posted via Mobile Device
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #529
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
BTW Bruce Campbell rocks
Agreed. Completely underrated. He wrote a great book called "If Chins Could Kill" that details his movie making experiences with Sam Raimi, particularly on Evil Dead. Humorous and also fascinating to see how movies get made.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #530
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I read somewhere that it is better to do one than do both. Im not sure though....1.1 seconds isn't a lot.:/
Posted via Mobile Device
It was such a short amount of time and so close to impact that I really couldn't decide what to do. I swerve and hit the brakes, realized that wasn't working so I hit the brakes harder (locking them) and put my right foot down, as if I was going to push the car away from me, all futile haha. I'm not even sure how much speed I scrubbed off because when I locked the front my speedo went to 0
AFM #676

Old April 14th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #531
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Going to the park today for my nieces birthday party. It's like I'm not even injured!

AFM #676

Old April 14th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #532
koenigcitizen
Russian Ninja :)

Name: Andrei

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Triumph Street Triple R, 2009 Yamaha FZ6, 2010 Kawi 250r (sold)

Did Jiggles post the crash video? You guys seem to be talking about it, but I cant find it in the posts

Old April 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #533
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Yay birthday party! Gorgeous day outside today, too. I think I'm going to be wild and crazy and venture outside to the mailbox. Dare to dream!

Old April 14th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #534
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
aint no video till this ***** gets paid, soz bro

And the birthday party was fun! Got to see my family members, showed everyone there the edited video, got a lot of attention out of it haha. It was really nice to be outside and damn, wheelchairs are hard! I'm definitely going to grow some muscles from it
AFM #676

Old April 14th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #535
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Sometimes when the pain meds are working real good, I feel like I could just get up and walk.
AFM #676

Old April 14th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #536
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I'm trying to get off them (so that I have a stash for later)
AFM #676

Old April 14th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #537
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Awesome you got out of the house and had some fun with family. Also great that your upper body might benefit from the wheeling about - it might take the ladies' attention away from your atrophied leg and penis. I confess I'm selfishly disappointed that massively inappropriate comments seem to be on the decline, but I suppose I should be happy that means you are getting better and needing fewer pain meds.

We're all really looking forward to the video (and to getting you back on the bike!), but we understand the need to work with your lawyer and the delicacies of California personal injury law. If anyone gives you too hard a time about not coughing up footage, send 'em my way and I'll set 'em straight.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Last futzed with by gfloyd2002; April 15th, 2012 at 04:50 AM.

Old April 14th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #538
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
lol, thanks Floyd
AFM #676

Old April 14th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #539
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

Dumb question, but will you be riding again after your full recovery?
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #540
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Then an R1.

Then a Busa.

Then he'll get old and get a Goldwing.

Life over.

Old April 15th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #541
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

There will be two checks from the insurance company. One will be for property damage, and will include compensation for the bike and gear. The second check will include settlements for medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages, etc.

Important information: All amounts are negotiable! It's highly unusual for the insurance company to offer the maximum they'll go up front, In fact, they typically will offer the least amount they think you'll go for because if you take it they've gained and if you don't they haven't lost anything.

On the bike, if you have the room to store it buy it back, it will be worth far more as a parts bike than the little extra they'll give you for it. Actually, how it works is they will deduct some value from the settlement check for property that's roughly equivalent to what their net would be after transporting, storing, and auctioning the bike off. It'll get a salvage title, but as a parts bike that doesn't really matter. If the bike doesn't have a bent frame and you think you will fix it up to ride again, you can negotiate with the insurance company to keep the bike with a clear title. The amount paid out may be less than if you bought the bike back with salvage title. That's what I did with mine:

I ended up keeping the bike with clear, untouched title and receiving about $2,400 (the most the underwriter said they'd go without taking possession of the bike), about $800 less than the original offer.

On the non-property compensation, you will receive an amount for pain and suffering (should be in the several thousands minimum) plus all medical costs not covered by any insurance you have, such as medical with employer, etc. You should also receive compensation for lost time from work, travel expenses to and from various doctors for followup care, deductibles and copays, etc.

Her insurance company's responsibility is to make you whole in every way, down to the smallest details like replacing the pants that they had to cut off of you in the ER. Don't be intimidated or afraid to seek full recompense for everything you're owed. You should be able to walk away from this with literally zero spent out of pocket plus a bike that is in at least as good condition as what you had, plus compensation for the pain and suffering she caused.

If you in any way feel that they're trying to lowball and scrimp, it's generally considered to be a good idea to seek legal representation, preferably one that specializes in motorcycle incidents. AIM, Aid for Injured Motorcyclists, would be a good place to start. Hopefully it won't come to that, but many people have found that insurance companies aren't so much in the business of making people whole than they are into cutting losses to maximize executive bonuses at all costs.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #542
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Thanks for the info frugal, I've already hired a lawyer to take care of everything for me. AAA is sending someone out to check the bike out on monday, will find out what kind of damage there is to it and if its totaled I will most likely buy it back.
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #543
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Let's say I get the bike fixed, what kind of mods should I have added at that time? Flush mount turn signals? Maybe HID's? What else?
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #544
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Turbo...you know you wanna.

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #545
codestp202

Quote:
Turbo...you know you wanna.
lolz do that

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #546
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
http://www.ecotrons.com/Small_Engine...bocharger.html
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #547
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Be careful, you may end up with another heated install thread.:P

Old April 15th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #548
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
loltits...

Good news guys, my little friend still works, though he's not at full strength yet
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #549
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I think he is about as good as he is going to get
I hope not!
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #550
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Hey so, some good news completely unrelated to the accident. I'm getting a shitload of money back on my tax return. More than enough to buy a brand new 2012 250 OTD with enough left over to mod the balls off of it. So yea, thats cool
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #551
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #552
codestp202

Quote:
Hey so, some good news completely unrelated to the accident. I'm getting a shitload of money back on my tax return. More than enough to buy a brand new 2012 250 OTD with enough left over to mod the balls off of it. So yea, thats cool
wtf do you do to get like 5k in tax return?

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #553
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13

Uhm, you gotta pay a **** load extra by having your comission taxed up the butthole, then go to school so you can get everything you are supposed to pay, back
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #554
TBC
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestp202 View Post
wtf do you do to get like 5k in tax return?
Break a femur?
TBC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #555
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
lol, how does breaking a femur get you money back in a tax return?
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #556
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Yea, I hate this stupid answer. Ok let's say I put that 6k in the bank for a year, what am I going to get, $60? Who gives a ****. It's money they take out that I don't notice and then I get back later as a nice lump sum. I have extra taken out of my check just for that reason (yes I also have extra taken out for 401k) The amounts taken out allows me to help limit my budget, and I like it. So the government got an interest free loan, realistically, if I took all of that money and invested it, how much would I expect to get back? An amount thats not worth it, and most likely I would just spend it.
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #557
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
The 650 was easy to pay off

This combined with a totaled 250 check from insurance would easily get me my dream bike

I don't like these colors though, I'm an all black kinda *****

Oh and trixter, you can take this thumb, and shove it up your ass!
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #558
akshay11
ninjette.org member

Name: Akshay

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 650

sexy bike ugly exhaust
akshay11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #559
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Yea, the one thing I hate about that bike is the exhaust. My exhaust philosophy is the same as my tittie philosophy, I like big fat cans.
AFM #676

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #560
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Sean, get better first. Worry about the money second!!!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote