ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 25th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #1
raybolic
ninjette.org member

Name: Rei

Motorcycle(s): Ninja250R

Leo Vince LV One EvoII Full-System - review

So I've ridden about 1500km on my FI ninjette before my LV exhaust arrived.

During 1000km give or take of that is during break in period, so I have about 500km of riding red-lining once in a while. During the early periods it feels like the stock form was as expected, decent acceleration but not mind blowing. I've done some acceleration tests vs stock Stream RSZ (RN8) and it basically stood no chance.

Soon after, my LV arrived and installed it. I took a test ride with the silencer on at first.. it wasn't bad but it felt like it had no characteristic - just louder basically. I took the silencer off and took another test ride. Right away, I've noticed the tone totally changed! I took it for another spin and as I was decelerating hard it sounded like a race bike (some popping noise included).

I asked my mechanic if it's too lean and he said it's recommended to have the Power Commander too.. but also said the popping noise is normal under hard deceleration (high rev and cut throttle) - especially the LV isn't a tight fit and have some air leak right below my carbon can.

Now to the performance.. I have no freaking clue. It's really loud now and makes me think I am going really fast, but whenever I look down I'm not fast.. I never tested my bike's max speed in stock form so can't really comment on that either! I'll have to do some more runs with the RN8 to know

Oh and here's a video of it!

Link to original page on YouTube.

raybolic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Cam0
ninjette.org member

Name: Cam

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

I have the LV carbon Slip on. it is recommended to run with the silencer as it provides better performance (there is a LV clip on youtube where they install and dyno to show this.)

Over all I lost about 3-5kmph from my top speed after install (didn't re-jet and its not the FI ninja)

I love the exhaust, but without the silencer is way to loud for me!
Cam0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #3
erittz
ninjette.org member

Name: Evan

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam0 View Post
I have the LV carbon Slip on. it is recommended to run with the silencer as it provides better performance (there is a LV clip on youtube where they install and dyno to show this.)

Over all I lost about 3-5kmph from my top speed after install (didn't re-jet and its not the FI ninja)

I love the exhaust, but without the silencer is way to loud for me!
So its relatively quiet with the silencer?

Old April 25th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #4
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Nice video man

Old April 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #5
Cam0
ninjette.org member

Name: Cam

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by erittz View Post
So its relatively quiet with the silencer?

I don't think so. I think its just loud enough. But without the silencer its really loud!
Cam0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #6
raybolic
ninjette.org member

Name: Rei

Motorcycle(s): Ninja250R

Yea with the silencer on it felt like it's just louder, but without it has a totally different personality.
raybolic is offline   Reply With Quote