Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM   #721
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
Oh god the rice... It hurts so bad.
whoa whoa. Hope youre not talking about mine. AWD, V6TT... I would not consider that rice...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:13 PM   #722
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
whoa whoa. Hope youre not talking about mine. AWD, V6TT... I would not consider that rice...
Probably not talking about you, more likely the scion xb which isn't too bad although I'm not huge fan of underglow but it is cool for shows. The xb looks clean and tasteful to me.

I've seen way worse; wait till you see a stock civic with a huge fart can, a wing bigger than an F1 car, with a carbon fiber hood, mismatched "sport" bumpers of all sorts of colors, with white steel wheels. That sir is rice served in a deep dish.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:18 PM   #723
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Nah. I like VR4-powered cars. I won't name any names on what I thought was rice.

But I will say scions are girl cars.

Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:51 PM   #724
mholme
ninjette.org member

Name: Marques

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '06 636

mholme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:37 AM   #725
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

Quote:
Nah. I like VR4-powered cars. I won't name any names on what I thought was rice.

But I will say scions are girl cars.
Just like a 250 is a girls bike amirite?
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #726
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honko View Post
Just like a 250 is a girls bike amirite?
Absolutely not. Scions are designed to be appealing to girls. Most of the tCs I see are driven by teenage and early-20s women on their cell phones or looking in the vanity mirror putting on make-up. Most of the xBs I see are driven by the same, or boy racers, who've put on a fart cannon, aftermarket wheels, and a lip spoiler, and call it a race car. Or they flush it, and make it look stupid and ridiculous. Flushing is just about the most stupid fad ever. Even worse than the FnF craze.

Old April 4th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #727
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Im not a scion fan either but ive heard some good stuff about TC's and how bullet proof their motors are and how you can turbo the stock motors...

Old April 4th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #728
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Absolutely not. Scions are designed to be appealing to girls. Most of the tCs I see are driven by teenage and early-20s women on their cell phones or looking in the vanity mirror putting on make-up. Most of the xBs I see are driven by the same, or boy racers, who've put on a fart cannon, aftermarket wheels, and a lip spoiler, and call it a race car. Or they flush it, and make it look stupid and ridiculous. Flushing is just about the most stupid fad ever. Even worse than the FnF craze.
There we go. At least you put in the last part so we know you aren't a car guy. You obviously only like very specific styles and think everything else is gay. I've never met a xB owner who had delusions about their car being fast. They cater well to nice wheels and suspension and other visual mods. I'm not a fan of underglow but his car isn't rice with it. It's clean.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #729
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
Im not a scion fan either but ive heard some good stuff about TC's and how bullet proof their motors are and how you can turbo the stock motors...
Well they are camry motors after all...They do offer factory installed superchargers as well.

Is the Toyota GT-86/Scion FR-S girls car?

**** it I'd still pick one up. Not the scion version though. It would have been smarter if toyata sold it just to give toyota some more image in America but oh well, a badge is a badge.

Subaru BRZ all the way. Although I may have to wait to see what next wrx is going to be like.

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #730
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
There we go. At least you put in the last part so we know you aren't a car guy. You obviously only like very specific styles and think everything else is gay. I've never met a xB owner who had delusions about their car being fast. They cater well to nice wheels and suspension and other visual mods. I'm not a fan of underglow but his car isn't rice with it. It's clean.
How does that say I'm not a car guy?

FYI I've been a car guy since forever.

The new scion isn't a girl car, because it's to get ricers to stop buying ****** AE86s, and finance a new car instead, since it's relatively affordable (from what I've read, ~24k MSRP[?]).

I don't "like very specific styles and think everything else is gay," as you put it. I just think that specific set of 'mods' on that scion is rice. Intake, headers, and exhaust are the only 'power mods.' Those come with 1.5l 108hp stock and weigh 2400lbs with no passengers. A 5th gen honda civic DX/LX makes about the same power and weight (read: slooooow). What's the sway bar for? Ripping hectic skids? One last thing, 8000k fog lights, why? Do you actually tow with it? I do like the reasonable wheel gap and wheels that fit the arches. I'm relieved that it's not hellaflush(hellagay) with a stupid amount of camber.

Old April 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #731
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
Well they are camry motors after all...They do offer factory installed superchargers as well.

Is the Toyota GT-86/Scion FR-S girls car?

**** it I'd still pick one up. Not the scion version though. It would have been smarter if toyata sold it just to give toyota some more image in America but oh well, a badge is a badge.

Subaru BRZ all the way. Although I may have to wait to see what next wrx is going to be like.
AWD>RWD>FWD

so its gonna be way better than the TC

Old April 5th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #732
rz3r0
ninjette.org member

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R(Sold), 11 Honda Ruckus, 12 Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Cool thread, lets keep it going. This is my cage, 2012 VW GTI 5-Door DSG. Just picked her up in January and she's the funnest thing to drive on four wheels without being overkill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2117(2).jpg (162.1 KB, 5 views)
rz3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #733
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz3r0 View Post
Cool thread, lets keep it going. This is my cage, 2012 VW GTI 5-Door DSG. Just picked her up in January and she's the funnest thing to drive on four wheels without being overkill.
Nice, I liked the GTI I test drove. I was planning on either a GTI or the subaru BRZ, but I'm really leaning towards the BRZ RWD will be such fun. And the aftermarket following the BRZ will no doubt get will help me tune it for more POWWA

Old April 8th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #734
rz3r0
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R(Sold), 11 Honda Ruckus, 12 Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Cool thx man. I like that their bringing back a corolla-class RWD coupe. Subaru should put AWD on their BRZ and made it into something like a gt-four and compete in rally.

Old April 9th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #735
Sinister
nub

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): '08 zx-14

I really, really want to like the brz. Just wish they had put a BIt more power in her for the price. With a starting price of 25k 200hp is just a lil on the weak side. 1/4 mile and 0-60 times are starting to trickle in and they are showing to be a hair slower than GTI's and civic si's at 15.3 and 7.3 respectively

I know its light and RWD and all that but a new WRX has a starting msrp of 25.5, right there around the BRZ's starting msrp. And you can likely get them to bargain a bit on more on the WRX as opposed to the BRZ.

My kneejerk reaction is it needs to pack 30-40ish more hp or be 3k cheaper.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #736
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
I really, really want to like the brz. Just wish they had put a BIt more power in her for the price. With a starting price of 25k 200hp is just a lil on the weak side. 1/4 mile and 0-60 times are starting to trickle in and they are showing to be a hair slower than GTI's and civic si's at 15.3 and 7.3 respectively

I know its light and RWD and all that but a new WRX has a starting msrp of 25.5, right there around the BRZ's starting msrp. And you can likely get them to bargain a bit on more on the WRX as opposed to the BRZ.

My kneejerk reaction is it needs to pack 30-40ish more hp or be 3k cheaper.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/su...nds-43724.html

7.3 seconds is roughly what my Mazda3 does. Its not THAT slow, but it leaves more to be desired. I could definitely live with 6.4 seconds. You're not gonna win too many drag races, but it certainly will be fun.
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #737
Sinister
nub

6.4 is more encouraging. it seems like theyre banking almost everything on the RWD aspect with some solid handling (by all reports).

Trouble is there are a lot of other solid handling cars out there in that price range.

Mazdaspeed3 - MSRP starting at 24k
WRX - MSRP starting at 25.5k
Genesis coupe (the new 275hp turbo one) starting at 24.4k

so you have a FWD, RWD and AWD choice, same price range with the ability to go around corners and that will bury the little BRZ.

Like i said i really want to like it and i hope they cant keep them on the lot. I will definitely drive one when i can. I just worry that its not quite going to have enough. Who knows, maybe i'll see one in the flesh and lust after it as much as i do the little 500 abarth

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #738
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I think it's pretty common knowledge there will be a turbo version of the BRZ at some point. But this is about brand building as well as profits. Both Toyota and Subie will make more money if they come out with the base car, it gets hot for a year or two, then a turbo version is released in year 3, which bumps up sales (and profits) again. Then re-design it in year 5 or 6 if it's still around.

If they came out with both versions at launch, it has the potential to hurt overall sales. The turbo version would be perhaps considered too expensive for the target market, and the non-turbo would be seen as weak compared to its sibling, a trait that nobody buying a sports car wants to be associated with.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #739
Sinister
nub

Likely thats how it will go down. Hopefully with an added bonus of people like nissan going "hmmm, that worked for them.. maybe a new 240sx...?"

Old April 10th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #740
rz3r0
ninjette.org member

It's a RWD corolla-class coupe, exactly what they had around the 60s-80s. I'm not sure about paying 25k-30k for a corolla though...I think the only reason the price is up there is due to the time (money) it took them to design it and the RWD. Performance wise will be similar to that of entry-level cars such as Civics, etc. I think Nissan was working on a new "Silvia" concept.

Old April 10th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #741
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

there will be turbo set ups within months of its release. the question is how much boost can the stock motor hold...

Old April 11th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #742
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Performance wise will be similar to that of entry-level cars such as Civics, etc. I think Nissan was working on a new "Silvia" concept.

No it won't. It will be much better than any Civic, etc. I am pretty sure it is going to be one of the best handling cars for its price. Heck, probably the best handling car for under 30 grand. It has a very low center of gravity, 53/47 weight distribution, only 2700 pounds, this is a car for a true enthusiast. If I had the money, I would have already put money down for this car.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #743
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I've been keeping a close eye on the BRZ/FR-S due to the fact that my lease will be up in roughly two years and I'm very interested in a sporty car that won't butt rape me on gas. I know that I will have trouble buying one of these before they release a turbo version.
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #744
Sinister
nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
No it won't. It will be much better than any Civic, etc. I am pretty sure it is going to be one of the best handling cars for its price. Heck, probably the best handling car for under 30 grand. It has a very low center of gravity, 53/47 weight distribution, only 2700 pounds, this is a car for a true enthusiast. If I had the money, I would have already put money down for this car.

Did you even look at some of the cars you can get for the money? I agree it will outperform a civic, but not by much. and the civic is 3k cheaper. The cars in the brz price range are things like the speed3 and the WRX. Both very fast, easy to tune and beasts around the bends. I haven't heard how the new genesis coupe handles yet but the old was no slouch.

Old April 11th, 2012, 07:47 AM   #745
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Perfect lead in to my cage! I have a '11 genesis coupe, in white..unfortunately I'm stupid and can't figure out how to put pictures in here... I was going to buy parts for it, but I decided there were better uses (like getting a ninja!). Not the fastest car, but it has fun handling. Going to hold onto it for as long as possible. Next car hopefully will be a Lotus of some sort (whatever is selling 10 years from now).
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #746
Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
Did you even look at some of the cars you can get for the money? I agree it will outperform a civic, but not by much. and the civic is 3k cheaper. The cars in the brz price range are things like the speed3 and the WRX. Both very fast, easy to tune and beasts around the bends. I haven't heard how the new genesis coupe handles yet but the old was no slouch.

WRX 4 door sedan or 5 door hatch, AWD. Mazdaspeed3, 5 door hatch, FWD. You can't compare these vehicles to a RWD 2 door coupe. Apples to oranges man. Yes they are in the same price range but that is all. They are more useful but that is not why people get coupes. Now the Genesis coupe would be a nice comparison. And it may even come out ahead. It has more power and a great warranty but it is still a Hyundai. Nothing wrong with Hyundais but they are a new company and don't have a deep history in the racing scene like toyota does.

The new civic SI doesn't even have a chance against the BRZ/FRS.

I mean just look at it. BORING. They made it look more boring than a Corolla. Come on Honda.
And then there is the FWD vs RWD debate. I think most would pay an extra 3 grand for the RWD.

Old April 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #747
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

if i didn't care about losing a bit of cash, i'd trade my genesis for a brz/frs. it's not the fastest, but it's a lot lighter (500lbs or so i think?) and apparently it handles like a pro. for driving on streets, that's really what matters, at least to me anyways.
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #748
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

If you want any sort of performance, don't even think about a FWD econobox.

Old April 11th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #749
Sinister
nub

That's simply not true. FWD isn't the best platform but saying you can't get any performance from a FWD "econobox" is just incorrect.

As i said, I really want to like the BRZ, I hope it (and the toyota version) sell in massive quantities and I'm sure a lot of people will put on the blinders and buy it simply for being RWD.

Old April 11th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #750
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

I didn't say you can't get performance from fwd. I said it's stupid to want it from fwd.

FWD is completely inferior in the world of performance.

Old April 11th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #751
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
There should be plenty of fun performance parts that come out from Scion that don't void warranties and spice up the car's handling a little bit. I'll be looking at buying a car in 3-4 years. Lots of time for fun improvements and modding opportunities
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #752
rz3r0
ninjette.org member

Actually I'm going to retract my statement from earlier about it being similar to a civic, etc. I think performance wise, the FR-S/BRZ will be similar to a Mazda Eunos Roadster, slightly more power I think. My best guess is the performance is going to be in between a Honda S2000 and a Mazda Eunos Roadster. I really have to disagree with the price point that Toyota is setting for this car though. They basically want you to buy a car at 26k-30k that you can buy parts from Toyota (Scion,etc.) to make it faster. At that point, wouldn't a Nissan 370Z or Ford Mustang GT 5.0 be a better choice? I like that Toyota is bringing back a RWD coupe but, are they gonna lower the standards while raising the price? I know Toyota's been having a lot of quality issues with paint, etc.

Old April 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #753
Jono

Quote:
Actually I'm going to retract my statement from earlier about it being similar to a civic, etc. I think performance wise, the FR-S/BRZ will be similar to a Mazda Eunos Roadster, slightly more power I think. My best guess is the performance is going to be in between a Honda S2000 and a Mazda Eunos Roadster. I really have to disagree with the price point that Toyota is setting for this car though. They basically want you to buy a car at 26k-30k that you can buy parts from Toyota (Scion,etc.) to make it faster. At that point, wouldn't a Nissan 370Z or Ford Mustang GT 5.0 be a better choice? I like that Toyota is bringing back a RWD coupe but, are they gonna lower the standards while raising the price? I know Toyota's been having a lot of quality issues with paint, etc.

There you go! Yes it could be compared to a Miata or S2000. Maybe more like a Miata than the S2000. The S2000 is pretty harsh and not as useful as the BRZ/FRS will be. Yet they can both hit up the race track. Just like the Miata. But then again it would be as useful. The drop tops have little room for doing everyday tasks. The BRZ may give the Miata some competition but it probably won't hurt sales that much.

As for just getting a mustang or 370z, well the Mustang GT is a muscle car which cannot hangle like the 2700 pound BRZ/FRS. The stang is at least 1000 pounds heavier. And doesn't get as good of mileage.

The 370Z would be a good option as well but it cost more than 30 grand and I don't think it has as good of handling compared to the BRZ. The 370Z are not know for being that good in the turns. Not like the Miata or S2000.

The BRZ/FRS is not that expensive. $25,000 for a RWD couple. That isn't bad. I don't know why you are so upset about the price. It seems very reasonable to me.

Old April 12th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #754
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Buy a used 370Z if that is what you want. Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

I like the BRZ, but unfortunately I will be sticking with 4 door or wagons for now.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM   #755
folky15
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Nice to see so many Mustangs on here

Here's mine....it's currently being neglected while I play with the Ninja

2001 Mustang Bullitt (special edition from Ford to commemorate Steve McQueen and nostalgic awesomeness)

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:56 PM   #756
Kirkkis
ninjette.org member

Name: Yahiry

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

I drive am 89' Nissan 240sx now. Used to drive a 280z up until 6 months ago. I still miss him so bad... I'm an old school girl

Kirkkis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:02 PM   #757
Kirkkis
ninjette.org member

Name: Yahiry

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Seeing all these newer nicer cars makes me feel like a total scrub lol.
Kirkkis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:26 AM   #758
robmilchling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Triumph Daytona 675

Well, I recently sold my '92 Celica GT

and I bought a '12 Mazda 2 Touring a few months ago. I've yet to really have the urge to modify this one, but when that time comes, first thing up will probably be H&R springs.
(Not my picture, this is from mazdas247.com, member: Fam, other than his being already lowered, it's near identical to mine)

About the FR-S, I get to drive one this saturday during a promo event for Yokohama

There are perks to working for a Toyota dealer.
robmilchling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:12 AM   #759
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

you work for a toyota dealer and you bought a Mazda?

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:18 AM   #760
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Toyota doesn't have any cool, sporty cars like Mazda does. Makes sense to me.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote