ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old August 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Heffdan
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250 SE

Aldi Motorbike Gear Sale..

Sup guys, was flicking through the paper today and saw that ALDI was having a motorbike gear sale. Never in my time have I known that the store that I thought was a Supermarket was selling damn moto gear...

I am actually interested in checking out the gear to see what quality it is though but something about a 70 Dollar Helmet really rings alarm bells too me...I wouldnt mind picking up a second jacket though for when I have someone going shotgun.

Check out the link:

http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/of...?WT.z_src=main
Heffdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #2
dandj86
ninjette.org member

Name: Damien

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

I just heard about this from a friend today, I'll definitely be heading over to see what they have!

Apparently it sells out pretty quickly though (they've been selling motorcycle gear around this time for a few years), I'm going to try and get into the store later tonight (closes 9pm) to see if they've stocked the shelves yet. If not I'll be there for opening at 8:30am tomorrow!

I'm not too keen on their helmets but can't really speak to the quality of anything until I actually see their gear I suppose. I'd be interested in the midlayer clothing, kevlar jeans or textile pants, rain suit, and maybe a paddock stand to use on the front forks.
dandj86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #3
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Those look like amazing prices, considering what I know about Australian dollars.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #4
Heffdan
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250 SE

Needless to say it appeared every damn motorbike rider in town had heard about this and there was a huge line even at 7:30 in the morning...

Some good bargains though... I swear if you fell over when the doors opened being trampled to death was a sure thing.
Heffdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #5
Dopamine
Ninja on a Ninja member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Was going to check out the pit stands they had on offer but was out all day.. Hope the old girl picked one up for me while she out shopping coz shes the one that told me about it

Btw anyone had experience with aldi pit stands?
Dopamine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2012, 04:31 AM   #6
ninja250r81
ninjette.org guru

Name: scott

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r se

may have the features but not the quality, like their electrical stuff
ninja250r81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #7
dandj86
ninjette.org member

Name: Damien

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

I ended up going to Aldi on Saturday morning just before the 8:30am opening, there was a huge crowd of people out the front! As soon as the doors opened we all rushed in and it was on, every man for himself, grab what you can as quickly as you can lol.. Heffdan was right, you wouldn't want to have fallen over!

I got the midlayer pants, top, and balaclava - they all seem to be pretty good quality. I also got the textile pants, they seem to be fair enough quality for the price and will serve their purpose. I got the rain suit as well, however haven't taken it out of it's packaging.

The paddock stand seems OK, I bought one of them as well. It seems to be sturdy enough in construction, similar to my RJays stand although half the price. I didn't really bother checking out the helmets, so not sure how good they are.

I'm happy with the gear I purchased, and I was definitely happy with the price
dandj86 is offline   Reply With Quote