ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #1
thisdudematt
ninjette.org newbie

Name: matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250r

Mgp growler and future upgrades questions?...

I have some question on how i can get the best performace out of the following upgrades.

Exhuast- Hot bodies MPG Glower slip on

Air Filter- K&N replacement high flow air filter and desnorkle

ReJetting kit- Dynojet Stage 2 Rejetting kit (2193)

I have the K&N filter already but i was reading up that i should rejett it when i install it.

what are your opions?
thisdudematt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Get an area p full system not a crappy slip on that just makes noise
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #3
thisdudematt
ninjette.org newbie

yeah.... i would like to get a full exhaust for it. but don't quiet have the cash for it. also not really worried about getting a lot more HP i feel the ninja is pretty fast enough. i just don't like the stock exhaust becuase it is so heavy and it not loud enough.

Also i plan to upgrade in the future though still keeping it for my wife to ride.and she doesn't want to spend to much money on it as it is her first bike too.

Though my main question is what rejet kit to get being i plan to install a K&N filter, de snorkle the air box, and get a slip on exhaust.

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #4
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

The growler is one of the worst sounding exhausts...ever. Don't do it!
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #5
checho323
ninjette.org guru

Name: Checho

Motorcycle(s): Harley Street 750

I have the Growler on mine. And I love it!
checho323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #6
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

the growler looks nice, but i think you should save for the area p.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #7
xSean13

The kid 2 doors down from me got a ninja 250 a month or so after I got mine and he has the growler...it sounds like a crappy four-wheeler or something and is obnoxiously loud. To each his own though.

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #8
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
$270 for weight savings? Really? Is that extra 5lbs making the bike too much to handle?

I don't understand why people are willing to shell out so much money just to make their bike as loud as a helicopter but then are not willing to spend a small amount more to actually increase the performance of the bike

Y U LIKE BIKE SO LOUD???
AFM #676

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #9
aShifty
ninjette.org member

Name: Armin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

someone just tell him what jet kit to get. or how to jet or something. if he wants a mgp grolwer loud ass weird noise exhaust let him do it.

jiggles. how much is a full area p exhuast? 270$ to be a lil louder. isnt area p almost 500$? well thats why i gguess in price.
aShifty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #10
joshuajcrouch
ninjette.org member

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

This muffler will sound stupid. My bike had one when I bought it (used) and my first mod was ripping it off. When it was idling it sounded like a redlining ricer. I am pretty sure that it also invoked road rage (to other drivers) due to the general annoyance factor.
joshuajcrouch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #11
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aShifty View Post
someone just tell him what jet kit to get. or how to jet or something. if he wants a mgp grolwer loud ass weird noise exhaust let him do it.

jiggles. how much is a full area p exhuast? 270$ to be a lil louder. isnt area p almost 500$? well thats why i gguess in price.
$270 for noise or $500 for 20% more hp and a sexy powerband and an orgasmic exhaust tone that won't piss off the neighbors. For the mods he's planning it's entirely worth it to pony up the extra bank
AFM #676

Old August 14th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #12
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
$270 for noise or $500 for 20% more hp and a sexy powerband and an orgasmic exhaust tone that won't piss off the neighbors. For the mods he's planning it's entirely worth it to pony up the extra bank
i agree with this.
if he is planning on modding for power he will be selling the growler later and losing money.

just eat ramen for a month and get the area p., lol.

the exhaust tone on the area p with a well tuned motor is awesome.
its deep sounding, and people always mistake my bike for something larger.

Old August 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #13
aShifty
ninjette.org member

Yeah not doubting that. Honestly I was gonna get a slip on. But ima just wait and get full exhaust. The more u read on forums the more you learn. So what area p full exhaust is everyone running? Isn't their more then 1? And any other options besides area p yoshi etc. (what's in the wiki)

Old August 14th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #14
lgk

the area p and most other full exhausts are good.

the cheapest good exhaust imo is the tyga.
and it only cost $100 more than a growler.
totally worth it.

the craftsmanship and sound of the area p is awesome and worth it the extra money.

i got the 18" race high mount, but the short ones still sound great because of their packing material

Old August 14th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #15
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Yeah not doubting that. Honestly I was gonna get a slip on. But ima just wait and get full exhaust. The more u read on forums the more you learn. So what area p full exhaust is everyone running? Isn't their more then 1? And any other options besides area p yoshi etc. (what's in the wiki)
They offer carbon and stainless steel mufflers, steel being cheaper, and carbon looking cooler. There is the 12" and 18" muffler types. The 12" is going to be very very loud just like a slip on would do. The 18" is going to be louder than stock but it's not going to piss off your neighbors. The 18" also offers better performance and more HP and just has this sexy ass deep tone.

Then there is the choice between the race system or normal system. The race system offers more power, I think 1-1.5hp more and it replaces the passenger pegs so you can't ride 2up with it. However it does offer the greatest weight savings because of that (10 whole pounds woweee!!! )

Personally I'm going with the race system since I'll never be 2up on my 250 and it maximizes the hp potential of the exhaust system.

Oh and for the 12" mufflers they do sell a baffle because of how loud they get but the baffle will further reduce the max HP
AFM #676

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #16
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

The MGP Growler is the loudest can I have heard on the 250. You can hear it light years away!

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #17
lgk

Quote:
Personally I'm going with the race system since I'll never be 2up on my 250 and it maximizes the hp potential of the exhaust system.

you will love it.

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #18
Robert13
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r

Don't listen to any idiots who are posting on here and suggesting getting a full exhaust. If you don't want to gain a tiny 3-5 HP and shell out $500 don't worry about it. The Growler at low rpm's reminds me of a drag car. At high rpms it does resemble a race quad. It isn't all that loud honestly and is way better than the buzz of a stock can. It is by far the best looking exhaust out there. Its your bike customize it how you want it. Not everyone on this forum cant read so overlook them when they don't answer and just make stupid suggestions. You ride a 250 and your not on the track with it so why waste money to get blown away by a larger bike. Buy the Growler and when you upgrade ur girl will have the meanest bike of all the girls she rides with. And be safe cause you will be heard with it
Robert13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #19
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert13 View Post
Don't listen to any idiots who are posting on here and suggesting getting a full exhaust. If you don't want to gain a tiny 3-5 HP and shell out $500 don't worry about it. The Growler at low rpm's reminds me of a drag car. At high rpms it does resemble a race quad. It isn't all that loud honestly and is way better than the buzz of a stock can. It is by far the best looking exhaust out there. Its your bike customize it how you want it. Not everyone on this forum cant read so overlook them when they don't answer and just make stupid suggestions. You ride a 250 and your not on the track with it so why waste money to get blown away by a larger bike. Buy the Growler and when you upgrade ur girl will have the meanest bike of all the girls she rides with. And be safe cause you will be heard with it
WHY WASTE MONEY TO MAKE BIKE GO FASTER WHEN YOU CAN WASTE MONEY TO MAKE BIKE LOUDER!?!?!?

You are just riddled with all kinds of logic aren't you. And uh, 20-25% increase in power along with a much better power band is a huge difference.
AFM #676

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #20
lgk

Quote:
i must be an idiot,
this is my face while working on my bike .

Old August 14th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #21
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Don't listen to any idiots who are posting on here and suggesting getting a full exhaust.
Our T.O.S. is very clear here, and this is a clear violation. Link is in my sig. Smarten up, or find another site.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #22
thisdudematt
ninjette.org newbie

man so many suggestions on no to the GROWLER huh. i get the feeling that is a coffee can exhaust that you hear on civics and ****.

so many of you talk up this Area P full exhaust system. why this system and not any others?

though makes me think more about my decision on either a full exhaust or a better slip on...

do you all have any suggestions on any other systems either full or slip on?

also with the exhaust what would be a good rejet kit....

Old August 14th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #23
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Exhaust_Info

For jetting, it's less about which kit, and more about making sure that you have the appropriate jetting for your particular bike.

Jetting Database

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #24
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisdudematt View Post
so many of you talk up this Area P full exhaust system. why this system and not any others? do you all have any suggestions on any other systems either full or slip on?
the area p exhaust is well made, but the quality extends into the companies customer service. they are great people to deal with they are my first selection when shopping for exhausts.

the tyga exhaust is pretty good for the money, and its not much more than the growler. all the other full exhausts are comparable to area p pricing, but usually dont perform as well.

Old August 14th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #25
thisdudematt
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
the area p exhaust is well made, but the quality extends into the companies customer service. they are great people to deal with they are my first selection when shopping for exhausts.

the tyga exhaust is pretty good for the money, and its not much more than the growler. all the other full exhausts are comparable to area p pricing, but usually dont perform as well.
do you have any good links to the area p or tyga website or any other website that sells these systems?

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #26
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
do you have any good links to the area p or tyga website or any other website that sells these systems?
Currently debating if its possible to sort of future proof mod my 2012 250 and i have a bunch of tabs with many different exhausts up. happen to have the area p as my 2nd tab open

http://areapnolimits.com/products/Sl...-250R-2008.php
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #27
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
http://areapnolimits.com/
AFM #676

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #28
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
Currently debating if its possible to sort of future proof mod my 2012 250 and i have a bunch of tabs with many different exhausts up. happen to have the area p as my 2nd tab open

http://areapnolimits.com/products/Sl...-250R-2008.php
Future proof it? What do you mean?
AFM #676

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #29
thisdudematt
ninjette.org newbie

the tyga exhaust is pretty good for the money, and its not much more than the growler. all the other full exhausts are comparable to area p pricing, but usually dont perform as well.[/QUOTE]

found the Tyga website...
http://tyga-performance.com/site/pro...oducts_id=1788

defiantly like the pricing better than Area P. So, for the price you pay for Tyga is seems you get a pretty good performing full exhaust. that had a dyno test showing it had a 4.2 hp gain (avg 15% gain)from the exhaust. though Area P seems to have out performed showing an avg 18% hp gain.

though that had some super cheap slip ons. didn't show a dyno on them.

now im on the fence on either getting a tyga slip on or full exhuast. dont thik i could afford an area p, though they seems really nice.

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #30
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Slip ons just make you feel better about your penis size. Full systems make you go faster
AFM #676

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #31
aShifty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
They offer carbon and stainless steel mufflers, ...
thanks for the info jiggles. what would i do about jetting? i saw alex post but im new to carbs and jetting procees. i have read through threads such as jetting database and main jet controls full throttle while pilot jet ...etc. any other info u could give? for example couuld i just purchase my own bigger main jet pilot jet etc. to accomadate for the more air going in and out of the bike? and i dont know if my bike is lean or rich or just right. and i know the symptoms of lean bikes and rich bikes but i just dont see it with the ninja but it is my first bike.

[QUOTE=thisdudematt;547333]man so many suggestions on no to the GROWLER huh. i get the feeling that is a coffee can exhaust that you hear on civics and ****./QUOTE]
it is.

Matt i use to be like you... wanting just a slip on.. u'll matuer and see the light sooner or later.

Quote:
Slip ons just make you feel better about your penis size. Full systems make you go faster
Can i get the better feeling about my penis size with the full system too?

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #32
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

With all this Area P talk it sounds like a group buy should be arranged...

Hmm.....

FULL RACE EXHAUST GO NAOOLOO
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #33
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
With all this Area P talk it sounds like a group buy should be arranged...

Hmm.....

FULL RACE EXHAUST GO NAOOLOO
Email Area P see if you can set it up
AFM #676

Old August 15th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #34
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
[QUOTE=aShifty;547373]thanks for the info jiggles. what would i do about jetting? i saw alex post but im new to carbs and jetting procees. i have read through threads such as jetting database and main jet controls full throttle while pilot jet ...etc. any other info u could give? for example couuld i just purchase my own bigger main jet pilot jet etc. to accomadate for the more air going in and out of the bike? and i dont know if my bike is lean or rich or just right. and i know the symptoms of lean bikes and rich bikes but i just dont see it with the ninja but it is my first bike.

Quote:
man so many suggestions on no to the GROWLER huh. i get the feeling that is a coffee can exhaust that you hear on civics and ****./QUOTE]
it is.

Matt i use to be like you... wanting just a slip on.. u'll matuer and see the light sooner or later.

Can i get the better feeling about my penis size with the full system too?
You want these threads right here http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5586
AFM #676

Old August 15th, 2012, 05:51 AM   #35
lgk

Quote:
now im on the fence on either getting a tyga slip on or full exhuast. dont think i could afford an area p, though they seems really nice.
just get the full system

Old August 15th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #36
aShifty
ninjette.org member

[QUOTE=Jiggles;547392]
Quote:

You want these threads right here http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5586
thanks I'll read em over again.

Old August 15th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #37
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

I just emailed Kerry to see if a group buy is possible and to setup either a GB or feeler/interest thread if it's a possible go.

Keep your eyes out on the Marketplace.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #38
thisdudematt
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
I just emailed Kerry to see if a group buy is possible and to setup either a GB or feeler/interest thread if it's a possible go.

Keep your eyes out on the Marketplace.
sweet! if could keep me posted if this goes through or not.

thanks

Old August 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #39
xSean13

Dang, if there's a gb on area p full system, I'd be down...if I could get the money together...freaking textbooks are expensive.

Old August 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #40
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Dang, if there's a gb on area p full system, I'd be down...if I could get the money together...freaking textbooks are expensive.
just tell your friend to get the pdf version
printout some chapters.