Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #1
letslogin
ninjette.org newbie

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja EX250R

Motorcycle repair bill

Hi guys,

Some may already know (see my hello thread here)
There's a little bit of insurance/council/legal action going on with it and I took my bike to a close-by motorcycle repair workshop (close to the place it was towed) and he quoted the $3'800. This was because it was an insurance quote and he did all kawi price stuff.

Anyway, he said it costs $100 for the quote if I don't get him to repair the bike...? I don't want him to repair it (obviously, cause that price is outrageous) and I'm going to buy stuff of Tyga performance and do it myself, but should I be paying this $100 quote fee? Seem's a bit high... I thought most places were free (at least, that's what people have been telling me when I ask for advice)...

Any thoughts?
letslogin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
At my shop a diagnosis (figure out what's broken and such) is a 1 hour job and runs $80; but that's disclosed up front. If you brought it in and said "how much would it be to replace X Y and Z" I'd say you don't owe anything; if you asked him to figure it out then you did probably use a mechanics time (though if they didn't tell you what it would run before hand I'd say that's on them and as a matter of customer service they should give it to you).
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #3
letslogin
ninjette.org newbie

Ah thanks man. That clarifies it a bit. He told me upfront (cause i asked) so I knew... but I thought later that it was a bit strange and thought I could weasel out of it haha.

Old September 17th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #4
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Yeah, it's not so much "writing the quote" as it is "figuring out what to put in the quote" :P
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #5
letslogin
ninjette.org newbie

She lives!!! Juicy has been restored to her (almost) former glory
Much kudos to Tyga for their excellent/speedy service!! only took 3 days from order to arrival at my door.

Just need to touch up the left side of the front fairing. Theres some really deep road rash (2 black strips long the edge where it meets the side fairing). Anyone know a good/cheap touchup guy in brisbane area?

Old September 24th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #6
Dopamine
Ninja on a Ninja member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by letslogin View Post
She lives!!! Juicy has been restored to her (almost) former glory
Much kudos to Tyga for their excellent/speedy service!! only took 3 days from order to arrival at my door.

Just need to touch up the left side of the front fairing. Theres some really deep road rash (2 black strips long the edge where it meets the side fairing). Anyone know a good/cheap touchup guy in brisbane area?
Good Job mate... We'll have to go for a ride one time, Im just down on the Gold coast.
Dopamine is offline   Reply With Quote