ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Old August 4th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #41
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
^ the newer ttr125 are EFI? thats crazy awesome. Not that the carb isn't super easy to work on with these little singles but regardless still awesome they are offering that in this tier of bike.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #42
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

No - the TTR's are carbed as well. No EFI on any of those sub 200cc bikes, no matter what the manufacturer.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #43
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Baby bear, Mama bear, Papa bear.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old August 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #44
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

Man you are living my dream! lol I miss the dirt something bad!

I was just about to start a thread asking about the CRF250L!

I'm growing very tired of the street and the inability to ride the wheels off the CB1000R without breaking the law. I miss the dirt where you can ride like a banshee.

I have actually been thinking of trading the CB in on a CRF250L. Cheaper, easier to work on, and I can go anywhere! We have over 100,000+ miles of dirt/gravel roads in Kansas and tons of off road parks in my area. I have actually been taking the CB into the wilderness and find it actually pretty capable with street tires.

My biggest question........Is the CRF250L a good option if you can only have one bike?

I will obviously be giving up longer freeway stints and the sheer on road power and handling for a more capable go anywhere bike....I'm torn. The CB was my dream bike but I feel like I'd have much for fun on an enduro.

Old August 7th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #45
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I only have a few miles on the CRF250L, so take it for what it's worth, but I'm not sure I'd be able to have it as a one-bike do everything type solution. The Ninja 250 has enough oomph for fun streetriding in most conditions. The Ninja 300 has plenty for even more conditions. The CRF isn't going to be fun for any long-distance higher speed runs. It can handle them, but it seems more suited to be able to get from fun off-road area to the next fun off-road area when there are roads in between. If I was trying for a 1-bike dual-sport do everything bike, I'd probably be looking at something in KTM's lineup, with at least a 400cc single, and maybe that 500 EXC single. But that's a completely different class (and cost) of bike, so it's not directly comparable.

Old August 7th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #46
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamunky85 View Post
Link didn't work for me either, and why wouldn't they give it a tachometer?
Looks like I missed this question. I think it's less common for dual-sport bikes to have tachs, just as many cruisers-style bikes go without them as well. Certainly no technical reason they couldn't be included, but if the market doesn't demand them, why add the cost, I guess.

Old August 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #47
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

Awesome answer. Just what I was looking for.
I was afraid this was the case!

Still for someone looking to even get into dirt biking and not having transportation(trailer/truck,) this would be a great idea.
Cheap, ride it to the off road park, raise hell, ride it home.

I wish Honda still had the XR series, particularly the XR400's. A street legal version would be the bee's knee's!

Old August 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #48
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Name: Melashi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 StreetFighter ~~~~ 2005 KTM 450 EXC

Nice Bike!

It reminds me of this!

This one is my cousins 2014 CRF 250L, I taught them how to ride it since the bought a brand new bike to learn on... lol. I took it out to the highway and let me tell ya it does struggle at 80mph, but its super fun and can pop wheelies alot better. Great trail bike too, i look kinda goofy in street gear with a dualsport but it all worked out

Its alot higher then my ninjette and took me a while to corner with it,

Picture of it alone, Picture next to my bike, picture with me riding it on the highway, and a picture of me doing wheelie on a an open field!

IMAG2000.jpg IMAG2019.jpg 20130713_123200.jpg Snapchat-9744_0000002667_2 (1).jpg

Old August 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #49
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

nice. My wife wants to get a dirt bike, and I need to pick another up as well.

How old is your little guy? Noah is 5 and I still cant get him off the training wheels. I think its because hes too short so that makes him nervous. Hes been no training wheels on a bike since he was 3 though, but he can touch flat footed with his little bike.

but it looks like youre not starting him out with any? Probably a good decision as I think Ive just given him a crutch to lean on now.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #50
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
How old is your little guy? Noah is 5 and I still cant get him off the training wheels. I think its because hes too short so that makes him nervous. Hes been no training wheels on a bike since he was 3 though, but he can touch flat footed with his little bike.

but it looks like youre not starting him out with any? Probably a good decision as I think Ive just given him a crutch to lean on now.
He's almost 6. He was only on training wheels on a bike for a short period (in fact started him without, using those strider bikes, but after a bad fall he wanted them back on for a bit). He picked up riding the TTR pretty quickly in that demo area at GP, without training wheels from the beginning. They just got him started in the right direction, then hopped off and he continued. My plan isn't to use any training wheels on the TTR, and I think he'll be fine.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 7th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #51
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
He's almost 6. He was only on training wheels on a bike for a short period (in fact started him without, using those strider bikes, but after a bad fall he wanted them back on for a bit). He picked up riding the TTR pretty quickly in that demo area at GP, without training wheels from the beginning. They just got him started in the right direction, then hopped off and he continued. My plan isn't to use any training wheels on the TTR, and I think he'll be fine.
Yeah Im sure he will be. Sounds like hes a little less than a year older than Noah. I need a better place for him to ride. BUt anyways looks fun!
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #52
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Dude that is freaking awesome. Love the fam action and want that for my family as well (wife not as willing for herself and the kids).

I really like the idea of the CRF, its a great looking little bike. I would love to have one and some street wheels.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #53
SMman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danger

Motorcycle(s): 15 CBR300R, 14 BWS50, 09 FZ1, 09 Ninja 250, 06 CRF450R Motard, 03 ZX-6R

Very cool! My daughter has a TTR50, my son has the TTR125, and I should have a 250L like yours instead of my CRF450R. The 450 is overkill for riding with the kids, especially with the supermoto gearing. The lack of kickstand and electric start can be inconvenient as well. It makes a much better track motard. I'm actually thinking about selling the 450R or my DR-Z400SM to pick up a 250L. Anyone hear if the 250M is ever coming to North America? Enjoy the new family sport

Old August 11th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #54
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I had my fingers crossed for hyosung

Old August 11th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #55
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

I like those 250 enduros

they couldnt keep them in teh show room . gone day of delivery every time
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #56
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): CB500F

That may well be my next bike unless Triumph Tiger Fever overwhelms me. Coming back to riding after 30 years, I thought it best to warm up with a MSF course. When they were assigning bikes I spotted the lone CRF250L and just as I was going to ask for it, he assigned me a Suzuki 250 mini-Harley cruiser. ****, way to pick the worst possible bike for me considering I have almost 20 years riding mostly dirt! Anyway, during lunch I told the instructor I was thinking about buying the Honda and asked if I could ride it. Surprisingly he said OK, but he watched me like a hawk so I didn't get to see how it lofted, nor take it into some dirt. I did get by with riding it on the pegs in the slow parking lot drills he seemed to love, and it's a champ at that - I rode it far better than the 'zuki.

I want one. My dealer(s) can't keep them on the floor either, last I asked there were 6 people in front of me who'd paid deposits.
Thorgrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #57
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I've installed some gadgets on it, with wiring for a GPS and for heated gear, whose pigtail can also be used to put the battery on a charger. I installed a radiator guard, that provides much better protection for that part of the bike from stones or other debris hitting it from the front. I'm not sure if it would be much different in tipovers than the normal guard. I still need to install the stronger skidplate I picked up. A corbin seat is on order and should show up at some point. I was lazy and didn't do a ride-in, but I will take it down there if it turns out not to be a significant improvement from stock (highly unlikely).

Still don't have much of a plan for tankbag / luggage. The Ventura rack for the bike doesn't quite exist yet, but it is listed in their catalog so I'm hoping that gets remedied shortly.

Old August 12th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #58
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

sweet! I loved the bike the first time I saw it. congrats!!!
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #59
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Why is your new site not up yet?

Old August 12th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #60
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Life gets in the way. Will try and work on it after this site gets migrated next week. Info on that in the Forum Info area.

Old August 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #61
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Sounds like you don't plan to take the ninjette to iron butt next year, hey you can make up time on the trails!!!

Quote:
I've installed some gadgets on it, with wiring for a GPS and for heated gear, whose pigtail can also be used to put the battery on a charger. I installed a radiator guard, that provides much better protection for that part of the bike from stones or other debris hitting it from the front. I'm not sure if it would be much different in tipovers than the normal guard. I still need to install the stronger skidplate I picked up. A corbin seat is on order and should show up at some point. I was lazy and didn't do a ride-in, but I will take it down there if it turns out not to be a significant improvement from stock (highly unlikely).

Still don't have much of a plan for tankbag / luggage. The Ventura rack for the bike doesn't quite exist yet, but it is listed in their catalog so I'm hoping that gets remedied shortly.

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #62
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I think Alex really likes his heated gear
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #63
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Took it out this afternoon for a quick spin around Calaveras...........I was trying to lean it over further, as I really need to get comfortable with the way a dirtbike steers. It feels quite foreign to me, and it's a matter of trust that I just need to get over............
Just in case this may be helpful to you:

http://www.bestrestproducts.com/imag...-12%201315.pdf
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 11:12 PM   #64
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Alrighty party people, want to see how fast a completely empty site performs? Check out www.crf250l.org! Finally got it up and running tonight. I used a new type of forum software on the new site, XenForo. We are running vBulletin here. Big learning curve to make it work sort of how I want to on the new platform, and it will take many months before I get it humming along as well as this one is. If you have a 250L and want to chat about it online, come on by and take a peek.

Old November 2nd, 2013, 01:46 AM   #65
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): '14 Honda NC700X; '14 Honda CRF250L; '07 Lifan 200

Quote:
Alrighty party people, want to see how fast a completely empty site performs? Check out www.crf250l.org! Finally got it up and running tonight. I used a new type of forum software on the new site, XenForo. We are running vBulletin here. Big learning curve to make it work sort of how I want to on the new platform, and it will take many months before I get it humming along as well as this one is. If you have a 250L and want to chat about it online, come on by and take a peek.
11/01/13 and I just now saw you had gotten a CRF250L and made a site for it...bettet late then never right?!?!?! HaHaHa! Love the site!!

BTW...did you figure out that the tank IS metal and not plastic. I just happened to lay my tank bag on top of the Honda from my Ninja 300 and heard the "thunk" of my magnets hitting metal. When I looked, I realized tank was metal. My smaller JoeRocket Stingray tank bag fits on there perfect! Thanks again for site!!

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!
vman1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2013, 08:19 AM   #66
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I hadn't tried a magnetic tankbag yet; I went with the Ventura rack, so I use a tailbag on that bike.