ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old February 12th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #1
smokinsingle
L8APEX

Name: CRA#33 EXPERT

Motorcycle(s): 07 KTM 950SMR, 06 KTM 450SMR, 99 KTM 300MXC, 00 Derbi GPR 50, 09 Ninja 250 racebike, race with www.cra-mn.org!

2014 CCS Cyclefest at Road America

Planning on doing the CCS/ASRA round at R.A. this year. Who has raced with these guys on a 250 before? Wondering class structurre and mods allowed.

Old February 12th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #2
bruce71198
ninjette.org sage

Name: bruce

Motorcycle(s): Race bikes:08 Ninja 250,11 R6,16 ZX6,SV650.3 HD-1947,2-2003,2010. 1946 Indian and a lot of dirt bikes.2

Ccs runs thunder bike rule for the 250 as apposed to super sport or super stock like WERA. Your kind of free to do as you please as long as you started out with a 250 Kaw Ninja or Honda CBR. They do make some contingecies for other bikes on a one on one basis
bruce71198 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 13th, 2014, 02:02 PM   #3
smokinsingle
L8APEX

Name: CRA#33 EXPERT

Motorcycle(s): 07 KTM 950SMR, 06 KTM 450SMR, 99 KTM 300MXC, 00 Derbi GPR 50, 09 Ninja 250 racebike, race with www.cra-mn.org!

So your saying I'll get smoked if I show up with the airbox instead of pods? The rules where I race require the airbox with snorkel intact.

Old February 14th, 2014, 06:03 AM   #4
bruce71198
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Race bikes:08 Ninja 250,11 R6,16 ZX6,SV650.3 HD-1947,2-2003,2010. 1946 Indian and a lot of dirt bikes.2

Some riders still honor the " gentlemens agreement" to run super sport rules. I know there will be a "built" 250 out there and a 300. Mine will remain super sport as will 2 others that will be there.

Old February 16th, 2014, 07:42 PM   #5
Kneedragon88
ninjette.org member

Name: Ry

Motorcycle(s): 06 Daytona 675, 2010 Ninja 250 Racebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce71198 View Post
Ccs runs thunder bike rule for the 250 as apposed to super sport or super stock like WERA. Your kind of free to do as you please as long as you started out with a 250 Kaw Ninja or Honda CBR. They do make some contingecies for other bikes on a one on one basis
Glad I found this thread. I am actually looking to get into racing this year and am also planning on entering in the CCS weekend at Road America. I recently purchased a set up Ninja 250 racebike from a guy running CRA. I have been trying to do research regarding the set up rules for CRA, CCS, WERA, etc and haven't found anything yet. Could you help fill me in? When you say "super sport" rules what exactly does that entail? Thanks!
Kneedragon88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #6
bruce71198
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneedragon88 View Post
Glad I found this thread. I am actually looking to get into racing this year and am also planning on entering in the CCS weekend at Road America. I recently purchased a set up Ninja 250 racebike from a guy running CRA. I have been trying to do research regarding the set up rules for CRA, CCS, WERA, etc and haven't found anything yet. Could you help fill me in? When you say "super sport" rules what exactly does that entail? Thanks!
I can only give you info on CCS and WERA as I have never looked at CRA's rule book, although I do beleive they follow WERA pretty close. CCS' super sport class and WERA's super stock class are pretty much the same thing, get a show room stock bike, add or remove what is required to race it and go.
This can be as simple as removing lights, mirrors, kick stand and safety wiring all fluid lines and plugs and sealing up the belly pan so it holds fluids in the event of a blown engine. The idea is to race an off the floor street bike prepped for competition. This class does allow some mods to the suspension, fuel and air intake systems, as well as brakes, tires and body work. Just beware when interpreting the rule books, WERA= if it doesnt state in the rules that you CAN modify something you CAN'T. With CCS= if it doen't state you CAN'T nodify something you usually CAN (grey area, frequently interpretted differently by the rider and tech inspector)
In my opinion CCS should have stuck to this formula for the 250 class as it would make it an entry level class and keep cost down for beginners. The total cost, including the purchase price of the bike, for my race ready 250 was $3300 and thats the way it sits right now. Now we have engine builders offering high HP engines for that price.
CCS' thunderbike rules allow bigger bores, larger carbs, porting heads, different cams, wheels, tires, brakes and on and on. Basically if you use the factory frame and engine the rest is up for grabs $$$$$.

Old February 18th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #7
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce71198 View Post
I can only give you info on CCS and WERA as I have never looked at CRA's rule book, although I do beleive they follow WERA pretty close. CCS' super sport class and WERA's super stock class are pretty much the same thing, get a show room stock bike, add or remove what is required to race it and go.
This can be as simple as removing lights, mirrors, kick stand and safety wiring all fluid lines and plugs and sealing up the belly pan so it holds fluids in the event of a blown engine. The idea is to race an off the floor street bike prepped for competition. This class does allow some mods to the suspension, fuel and air intake systems, as well as brakes, tires and body work. Just beware when interpreting the rule books, WERA= if it doesnt state in the rules that you CAN modify something you CAN'T. With CCS= if it doen't state you CAN'T nodify something you usually CAN (grey area, frequently interpretted differently by the rider and tech inspector)
In my opinion CCS should have stuck to this formula for the 250 class as it would make it an entry level class and keep cost down for beginners. The total cost, including the purchase price of the bike, for my race ready 250 was $3300 and thats the way it sits right now. Now we have engine builders offering high HP engines for that price.
CCS' thunderbike rules allow bigger bores, larger carbs, porting heads, different cams, wheels, tires, brakes and on and on. Basically if you use the factory frame and engine the rest is up for grabs $$$$$.
Perfect
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2014, 10:29 PM   #8
Jiggyfly
ninjette.org member

Name: Shon

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki ninja 250

Bruce is the man!!!
Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote