Old August 25th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #1
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Arrow Motorcycle Helmet Reviews by Internal Shape

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...met-shapes.htm

"Following is a list of all of the motorcycle helmets reviewed on webBikeWorld.com grouped by shape.

Over the past 10 years, we have developed a subjective classification system for helmet internal shapes.

Finding the correct shape to match your head is crucial for both safety and comfort.

The so-called "best" helmet in the world is worthless if it doesn't fit, and sometimes a less expensive helmet will fit better than a helmet costing several hundred dollars.

Finding the "perfect" fit is sometimes extremely difficult."
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
looks like a good read

Old August 25th, 2014, 08:33 PM   #3
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

This is great. I'm going to make a pdf out of it so I can review it whenever.

It was interesting to find out that my RF1100 is a neutral shape. I wouldn't have thought that. Going to try on some different helmets next year (replacement year for my RF1100) to see if another shape would fit me even better than neutral or if neutral is perfect for me.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2014, 02:09 AM   #4
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Bell is doing something new, it is not cheap. You can have your head scanned (right now just at events) and they will make a helmet for your head. It is about $900.00 and if you are supposed to change every 5yrs its only $180 a year (cost of a track day).
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2014, 03:25 AM   #5
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
^I'd rather buy an icon airmada that fits my head perfectly (though slightly tight it's better than slightly loose and it's only a bit tight bc I'm growing my hair out a bit) for <$300 and use the other 600 for track days

Old August 26th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #6
algs26
ninjette.org guru

Name: al

Motorcycle(s): ex300, gave up looking for a 250

I had my head scanned for the custom Bell helmet and they can adjust the eye port position up or down for racing or street which is something I hadn't thought of. Of course, he recommended one of each.
algs26 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 26th, 2014, 05:58 PM   #7
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
^I'd rather buy an icon airmada that fits my head perfectly (though slightly tight it's better than slightly loose and it's only a bit tight bc I'm growing my hair out a bit) for <$300 and use the other 600 for track days
My Airmada fits amazingly, too, but that's exactly why we need resources like WBW (though they don't have a lot of more recent, popular helmets) and the Bell scanning service. The Airmada is supposedly a very narrow design, which is pretty rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algs26 View Post
I had my head scanned for the custom Bell helmet and they can adjust the eye port position up or down for racing or street which is something I hadn't thought of. Of course, he recommended one of each.
Hah, I bet he did.
Brother Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote