ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old August 26th, 2014, 09:54 AM   #401
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Mid-Ohio Ver. 3.5

This report will be kinda different from my previous ones. There are no runs at 165mph down the back straight, no crazy BP, no blistering passes... just straight up on track education and some paddock fun with good peeps. I didn’t get much video/pics of interest but to anyone but me and some of the cool new people that I met.

Arriving: I arrived at the track around 6pm, 3 hours deep into a twilight that I hadn’t planned on riding anyway. The riders were set up in the middle paddock because the cars (early that day) had taken the lower. I knew we would end up in the lower paddock so I just parked in an open spot, grabbed a Mt. Dew and took a walk around to see who was riding. I couldn’t make it 20 steps without hearing someone yell my name because at least 30 of my friends were riding. After finally spending 30 mins getting from one side of the paddock to the other I finally make it to the tech shed to have a quick chat with Todd (chief instructor). After our quick chat to settle up some details about coaching the following day, I head back to the truck but still didn’t make it… lol

Sam Wang: AMA racer and friend Sam was working on his bike, a small oil leak from the clutch cover. After a quick chat, I sat down and we looked at a bit closer. His race bike is as clean as a new bike off the showroom floor. Which made it pretty easy to find out where the oil was coming from. We decided that without taking it apart right then and there, it was due to lack of proper torque for the cover. Neither of us knew the proper torque spec and we were timid about stripping the threads. We buttoned it back up and started on a tire change. After the tire change, he decided that his day was done because of the leak. Most likely a smart move… “If your bike isn't right, don't ride it” – da rulez.

Lowcel: About this time, lowcel already had stolen my spot in the lower paddock. So I head down and get a spot close to him and we set up the ezup’s together to maximize the shade. I pull up a chair and leisurely set up my paddock area, table, chairs, bikes on stands, blab la bla and fired up the grill for some Italian pork ribs. After a few hours of sitting round, helping my other friend Kevin sort his bike, who had crashed in turn 7 at the end of the back straight. We didn’t have much luck… Double After eating some good food and having a few brews we retire for the night.

On rough night’s sleep in the trailer later……………….

Snot: 6:30AM ugggg… right on time though, snot’s arrival wakes me up as they park and unload the truck in the next parking space. After getting ready for the day and a quick check of the phone, I emerge out the trailer side door to see snot and crew right there. Lol, because we all know we are at our best 5mins after being woke up hahahahhaha. I excuse myself to hit the rest rooms to take care of the basics to clean myself up. I come back to the trailer ready to help her set up just to find that her pit crew has already taken care of just about everything. Only thing left is to register, tech and all the formalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
@csmith12 how was it to get to teach the total noobies like myself how to ride faster safer
Me (Coach/CR/FNG): I hooked up with the lead coach who had me fill out some paperwork and gave me a coach sticker and jersey. I was assigned to the N (novice) group by request. I wanted the experience of coaching in a more “structured” manner. I have been a CR before but it was nothing as formal as how Mid-O runs their program. So I disappear for about 15 mins to get my head right and return to the trailer. I have two bikes in the paddock, my 250 and my r6. I had a hard choice deciding which bike to ride but finally decided on the r6. Why? Safety ultimately was why. Simply put, if I needed to put myself somewhere, I didn’t want lack of power be a reason why I couldn’t be there. We all then head over for the riders meeting.

At 9AM the group rotations start, I, A, N on the 20’s throughout the day. When we hear the call, we head over to the garage for the novice school class. It was interesting being on the other side of the fence. It brought back memories and feelings about being a college instructor. 27 faces all looking at 8 guys for the help and freedom to meet whatever goals they had for the day. I was placed to coach group 6 of 7. Mid-O breaks down the N group into subgroups to maximize coach time and to help riders fit in with a pace they are comfortable riding. As the day progresses, riders move around between groups to find a comfortable spot where they are challenged with the drills, yet still within their limits. After a few sessions, things calm down a bit and I settle in with a group of 5 riders who are fairly close to the same skill level. I was asked all kinds of questions ranging from gear, to how to do specific skills on the bike. I was tasked to watch for potential issues before they became a problem, which also happened… My biggest issue was working with a rider who kept charging the corners on his 450. I just couldn’t get him to stop and check his entry speed unless I was in front of him. He didn’t crash but came close a few times. I still blame myself.

All the riders in my group left the track for the day with smiles AND shiny side up. I was elated!!!!! I also exposed snot and crew to "sum dem new fangled redneck words". hahahahahaha

What did Chris learn?
I personally had an awesome day at the track. I learned that it takes a different kinda of skill to “go fast without really going fast” because you lead by example. Going slower also taught me a lot about the track surface that I will be able to apply to my own riding (and others). I got better at communicating with corner workers (debris on track and such) aside of a friendly wave as I fly by.

The worst part… the ride home was lonely all by myself without Jade.

Tldr – Snot, lowcel and I rode Mid-Ohio. Had a blast, shook some new hands, helped some riders, had dinner in the paddock and afterward, learned a lot, left with smiles & NO CRASHES!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

Old August 26th, 2014, 11:38 AM   #402
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
@csmith12 after some thought I am willing to share any video you might have recorded of my ride. I am willing to listen to all input from everyone. You are to hard on yourself. I would follow you on the track any day!

I will post my report tonight after work and school.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #403
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
well glad you were successful with the day

I see coaching at Mid-O being a tricky endeavor since they focus so heavily on it in the N group, it's why I like Mid-O just as much as shenny despite that shenny as a track is closer and more technical. Shame you couldn't talk some sense into that 450 rider though it is good that he didn't go down as a result.

I'd have chosen the r6 for that job as well, there are tons of times where you likely need to just be somewhere as a CR and the extra power of the r6 would definitely come in handy there.

and I get the lonely ride home thing, driving distance by yourself is so boring if you don't have anyone to talk to

@ "dem newfangled redneck werds" I know plenty of those growing up in a rural area but your kentucky accent is definitely thick

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #404
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Quote:
@ "dem newfangled redneck werds" I know plenty of those growing up in a rural area but your Smooth Southern Gentleman accent is definitely thick
fixed!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #405
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
I'd have chosen the r6 for that job as well, there are tons of times where you likely need to just be somewhere as a CR and the extra power of the r6 would definitely come in handy there.
I had to catch an r1 on the back straight because the riders gear was falling off. Would have been impossible on the 250.

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #406
Sirref
Private Joker

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I had to catch an r1 on the back straight because the riders gear was falling off. Would have been impossible on the 250.
gear was falling off....

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #407
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I want to attend the school of Csmith. You should call it TrackSmith.... or go with your title in your avatar "Corner whisperer" You can have your own TV and everything where you travel to tracks meet up with riders and help them out and of course get into a few redneck, hillbilly shenanigans along the way. Where do I subscribe?

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #408
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

hahahahahhahah a reality show!!!! I would totally do it if.... they have that closed caption verbiage when I talk just like honey boo boo.

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #409
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
Where do I subscribe?
Subscribe here; hahahahhahaha

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #410
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Subscribe here; hahahahhahaha

sweet, that's my news network already

Old August 26th, 2014, 01:40 PM   #411
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Gear falling off??! damn son! I'm a lanky fellow and that doesn't even happen to me. Get gear that fits right yo!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #412
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

It wasn't like that guys. I saw some velcro that was jabberwalky (knee puck about to come off) and a broken zipper. My bad for making it sound worse than what it really was.

Old August 26th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #413
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
OK I have a few before class....

Got up at 3:30am Monday and we were on our way by 4:15am. Got to the track about 6:30am, just in time to make noise so Chris would get up. I met Lowcel while we unloaded (super nice guy). Went through the normal sign in & tech inspection.

1st class I chose to be dead last, I went down last time and was still nervous. My instructor was a new CR (1st time) he did well for our group. Once I got around the track once I felt better. I never felt real comfortable until the last session. The reason is Chris, I heard he was a great teacher (he is), he stayed with me the WHOLE TIME. I also trust him, this makes a huge difference. He showed me were to go, he followed for a lap and showed me again . My best lap was the last lap.

The other CRs were very nice and helpful too. I ended up with 3 different CRs that towed me around.
We loaded up, ate some dinner and headed home. I got home and unloaded by 9:00pm.

I had a great time and I learned a few new words, some new moves, and met some great peeps.

Old August 26th, 2014, 03:08 PM   #414
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
@snot did you get corbin on his r6, nick on a cbr600rr, or ??? on a very unique cbr600rr "skittles" that looks like the fairings are almost homemade w/some cool looking colors?

those were my main control riders across my time at mid-ohio and they did a great job communicating to me what they felt I needed to work on most to accomplish my goals

Old August 26th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #415
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
@csmith12 after some thought I am willing to share any video you might have recorded of my ride. I am willing to listen to all input from everyone.
Here is part of the session we rode together. Sorry it's short, the battery finally gave up because I left it on during lunch. I have more of you from earlier in the day that I will put together. Either way, you're out there puttin' in werk!

Link to original page on YouTube.

Seem I need to adjust my cam angle as well. :\

Old August 26th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #416
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
I feel like snot was starting to turn in way too early in there then realizing it and straightening out, doesn't matter at this pace but would definitely make a difference at a faster pace

way way wide at 10a, the difference is more pronounced by the fact that you're on the "ideal line" through there

@snot I'm no expert but I see a few small things that you can work on in that video that you can work on on the streets, try to learn the two-step technique where you look before you turn in I think that'll help a lot with your smoothness

which drill was this? the no-brake?

Old August 26th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #417
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Also, riders are strongly encouraged to not look behind them as you see me do often in the vid. Trust me... this is not a skill you want to learn.

Old August 26th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #418
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
^ I find it to be a useful skill, though I only use it on track under 2 conditions

exiting the track, to make sure no one is trying to do a dumb pass even after I signal to them that I'm exiting the track
entering the track, people on track have right of way

Old August 26th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #419
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
@snot did you get corbin on his r6, nick on a cbr600rr, or ??? on a very unique cbr600rr "skittles" that looks like the fairings are almost homemade w/some cool looking colors?

those were my main control riders across my time at mid-ohio and they did a great job communicating to me what they felt I needed to work on most to accomplish my goals
I know who skittles is, I do not trust him at all. I will leave it at that.
I don't think I had Corbin either. To be honest I don't really know any of their names. I know what they look like there was a couple of them that were really helpful.

Just so all of you know, I hate turn 8. Its the one I went down in and I do have an issue with it.
I do see I am: 1) not off the seat far enough 2) wrong lines 3) to sloooow in the turns. I was having an issue finding my "spot", I was not looking far enough a head. I was sliding up the seat a bunch so, I am looking into stomp grip.
Seeing the video really helps a ton!

Old August 26th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #420
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
turn 8 is deceptive, I picked up quickly that you can go quicker through there than you think you can but then the front feels light as you crest it so you're best off going w/a slightly faster entry, trail brake into it to keep the front nice and grippy then rip the throttle open (note: only do this on a 250, ripping the throttle open on a 600 at that point probably wouldn't work so well for you) on the downhill before turn 9

note: this is how it works for me, you may not get the same results

Old August 26th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #421
Hellmutt
Vanilla Gorilla

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '11 Triumph Sprint GT & '06 625SMC

I'm snot's hubby ( and pit crew ) and she is definitely getting off the seat much better than past trackdays I've ridden with her. Thanks again for the solo tow with her, that helped her confidence level since I wasn't out there with her. Had fun just helping folks out around the pits vs riding, a first for me but it was a nice change of pace.
Hellmutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #422
lowcel
ninjette.org member

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R and a 2009 ZX6R

My review isn't quite as exciting. I left my house (Charleston, WV) drove about four hours to the track. A buddy of mine had rode down to hang out for a while prior to starting school the following day. We hung out for a while around the keyhole and watched people do some slipping and sliding. Apparently the track was a bit slickery for the twilight.

After that I met up with Chris and hung out for the rest of the evening and ate some great food that he had prepared for us. I may or may not have enjoyed a few adult beverages. I then jumped in the back of my truck for what seemed like one of the worst nights of sleep in my life. I generally sleep pretty well while at the track, I'm not sure why I slept so poorly this time.

The next morning I got up around 6:15 or 6:30 and had the privilege of meeting Snot and her family. Such nice people and it was great watching her riding around the track the few times I had the energy to walk up to the track.

The only downside of the day was the heat. I burnt up. It may not have seemed that bad to everyone else but fat boys like me do not like the heat. This is especially true when wearing leathers all day.

My riding wasn't that great in the morning sessions. Later in the day I decided to go back to my old lines and "slow down" a bit. What they say is true, slow is fast. My lap times went down about three or four seconds in the afternoon. Anyone that has ridden the track knows how big of a difference a couple of seconds is on the track.

Here is a short video of one of the laps from a morning session. Certainly not one of my best laps but it is what it is.

Link to original page on YouTube.

lowcel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2014, 06:36 PM   #423
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmutt View Post
I'm snot's hubby ( and pit crew ) and she is definitely getting off the seat much better than past trackdays I've ridden with her. Thanks again for the solo tow with her, that helped her confidence level since I wasn't out there with her. Had fun just helping folks out around the pits vs riding, a first for me but it was a nice change of pace.
Welcome man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
I then jumped in the back of my truck for what seemed like one of the worst nights of sleep in my life.
You too...

I see you stepped it up a little into turn 2 yes... very nice. You're starting to straighten out that chicane in a good way mang!

Old August 26th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #424
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
@lowcel the heat kicked my butt too, I slept good last night!

Old August 26th, 2014, 07:07 PM   #425
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Snot, looked pretty good, as long as you are having fun and staying safe that is the important thing IMO.

You can't learn/practice everything at once, it gets a little overwhelming, focusing on a few things or even 1 or 2 things can be more beneficial then adding to those after they come more naturally, in short patience, you can't conquer the world in a day

I'm sure you are getting some great advice from our very own Corner Whisperer and other CR's at the track and that is building a good foundation for track riding

Look forward to seeing your progress

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Last futzed with by subxero; August 27th, 2014 at 07:06 AM.

Old August 26th, 2014, 07:18 PM   #426
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
jesus that keyhole speed, I wasn't even doing half that speed through there

Old August 26th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #427
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
jesus that keyhole speed, I wasn't even doing half that speed through there
told ya brah... homie can ride!

Old August 26th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #428
Hellmutt
Vanilla Gorilla

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '11 Triumph Sprint GT & '06 625SMC

Thanx Chris, been lurking for a couple years now just for the tips/tricks on the 250/300 to help the wife out. Good to meet you man. Had a good time, good folk, and good convo.

Bruce, damn good to meet you too. For the most part your lines look great to me man. Especially the late entry/apex at the keyhole, I have trouble there most laps since it's a bit blind going in out of the chicane, but you got that one down. Maybe I can toss you a rope sometime for a tow.
My issue is inconsistency on my entry speed, maybe one of every 5 laps I'd hit it just right to smoothly hold the line but most of the time I'm correcting, mid turn.
Your video is just one lap, but the ONLY thing I'm seeing you "may" improve on ( and this is trivial ) but you seem to hamfist the throttle on/off when you upshift ( especially on the backstraight ), maybe not telegraph that so much and it would quicken your upshifts ever so slightly. You've definitely made monstrous progress in the short time you've been track riding. Wish I had your wallet, I'd be indulging quite a bit more to improve my skillset as well!
Hellmutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2014, 07:32 PM   #429
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
told ya brah... homie can ride!
I know, it feels like a fast corner if you're not afraid of running wide on the exit a bit but I sacrificed so much speed due to fear of running wide onto that rubber

Old August 27th, 2014, 06:31 AM   #430
lowcel
ninjette.org member

My line through the keyhole improved later in the day. I went back to my original line and went a little further before turning in. That allows me to carry a bit more speed through the turn and accelerate a little earlier on exit. The lap I posted was a 1:51, later in the day I got my lap time down to 1:47. My best lap ever was at the WERA race where I turned a 1:46. I would be thrilled if I could turn a 1:45 before the end of this season.

I am already looking forward to next year. Over the Winter I plan on new springs front and back. My poor bike is sprung for someone that weighs at least sixty pounds less than I weigh. I won't know what to do with a bike set up for me.

Old August 27th, 2014, 08:29 AM   #431
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

from turn 8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peace.jpg (26.9 KB, 4 views)

Old August 27th, 2014, 08:43 AM   #432
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
^what are you holding in your left hand?

On that note, ever try and ride a motorcycle with one hand from stand still to stop?

at the inlaws yesterday I was futzin around on the klx125 and noticed someone had left some stuff in a corner of one of the fields. I thought, well ill grab it and bring it back to the pole barn. Then I sat there for a minute to try and figure out how I would hold something in my left hand and still manage to take off

one possibility is put things in your lap so you can work the clutch until you just get moving then hold the things, the other option is put on the choke, hold things in your right hand release clutch with left and you should have enough juice to get moving, once moving switch things to your other hand to work throttle or just continue at idle/choke speed.

Old August 27th, 2014, 09:38 AM   #433
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
^what are you holding in your left hand?

On that note, ever try and ride a motorcycle with one hand from stand still to stop?

at the inlaws yesterday I was futzin around on the klx125 and noticed someone had left some stuff in a corner of one of the fields. I thought, well ill grab it and bring it back to the pole barn. Then I sat there for a minute to try and figure out how I would hold something in my left hand and still manage to take off

one possibility is put things in your lap so you can work the clutch until you just get moving then hold the things, the other option is put on the choke, hold things in your right hand release clutch with left and you should have enough juice to get moving, once moving switch things to your other hand to work throttle or just continue at idle/choke speed.
I have nothing in my hand, just flashing the peace sign to Kyle (track photographer) as I go by. I wave to many people while out there, corner workers, safety staff, photographers and so on. Gotta support your support system mang. They are there to make your experience the best it can be and they deserve some credit.

Riding to a stop one handed? Sure, clutchless downshift until neutral, brake until stop, pretty simple really (hitting N from 2nd can be a pain). Although, I try to not do it. Like on Mon. a rider was losing a puck. I stopped the rider in hot pit and we pulled it off the suit. What to do with it? To maximize on track time by getting the rider back out as soon as possible, I just stuffed it in my leathers and zipped back up and off we went. Can't be puttin' stuff in your lap while track riding.

I put all kinds of things in my lap or try to sit on it while in the woods, broken parts, ect, ect... I usually ride (150ft lol, lazy yea....) the pit bike to check my mail every day, I just sit on it or stuff it under my shirt to get back home.

Starting at 0mph without the clutch is sucky at best and I try to never do it. It's just plain jerky and asking for trouble. When possible, I try to get a rolling start (via gravity or push off with leg) in neutral and then quickly up shift to 2nd + throttle. Kinda hard to do smoothly. Uphill? Nope, never...

ps. I am not advocating clutchless downshifting, let's please not debate that here. It's just sometimes... you do what ya gotta do to get you and your cargo back home to ride another day ya know.

Last futzed with by csmith12; August 27th, 2014 at 11:17 AM.

Old August 27th, 2014, 11:10 AM   #434
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

@snot, @lowcel

pics are up! http://kylehunter.photoshelter.com Kyle does such a great job of making us all look great!

On line and lookin' good!

Old August 27th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #435
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
@csmith12 wow I can really see the differences in how I ride vs lowcel.

Old August 27th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #436
lowcel
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Never forget, Rome wasn't built in a day. This sport takes a lot of seat time and being willing to learn from both your mistakes and other peoples' mistakes. One rule I have is never ask for help if you don't plan on listening. It doesn't always work for me but sometimes it does.

I figured out the other day that I have been around that track close to 600 times so far this year.

Old August 27th, 2014, 12:09 PM   #437
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
keep in mind there is no point in hanging way off the bike if it is not necessary In lowcel's case at that pace it is going to be beneficial to be where he is, in your case and pace it would not be beneficial to be that far off the bike. As you build speed you will develop your body position more

patience

on another note, with the mirage in the photo it kinda looks like you are wheelying out of the turn

Old August 27th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #438
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Dude, hang off regardless of your pace. Learn the things you'll need later, now.

Half of my pictures look like I'm barely moving because 1) I'm slow and 2) I hang off like bonkers and don't lean much. I still have a fat section of untouched tire. Aside from crashing, my knee only skimmed the pavement twice in two track days. I'm okay with that. It means I'm keeping the bike more upright in its happy place and I've still got more lean if I need it for line correction.

It's like learning the fast guy line without being a fast guy. Still good to know for when you do up the pace and don't want to overwhelm yourself.

Old August 27th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #439
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Dude, hang off regardless of your pace. Learn the things you'll need later, now.

Half of my pictures look like I'm barely moving because 1) I'm slow and 2) I hang off like bonkers and don't lean much. I still have a fat section of untouched tire. Aside from crashing, my knee only skimmed the pavement twice in two track days. I'm okay with that. It means I'm keeping the bike more upright in its happy place and I've still got more lean if I need it for line correction.

It's like learning the fast guy line without being a fast guy. Still good to know for when you do up the pace and don't want to overwhelm yourself.

I feel there is a fine line, If you are not up to pace hanging off would just upset the balance. I agree it is good to work on things to get them to happen naturally but I don't see a point in hanging off as far as you can for an uber slow curve. JMO

Old August 27th, 2014, 12:25 PM   #440
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
but. but but but. but. you look like MM!

AND IT ADDS 10HP!!!!