ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you go ATGATT on a scooter?
Yes. ATGATT is an absolute. 19 35.85%
I'd dial it back a bit, but I'd still wear a jacket and full-faced helmet 25 47.17%
It's just a scooter. Street clothes are fine. 9 16.98%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 29th, 2015, 07:21 PM   #41
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Based on my track record, I'm safer on the motorcycle.
Absolutely! Our parents taught us well in many ways, but got it wrong in a few places.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2015, 12:46 AM   #42
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Let's see here: I've dislocated a shoulder, bruised a couple ribs, and partially collapsed my right lung. All on a bicycle.
All of that stuff you listed sucks, but to me it's not that bad. On my bicycle I've broken my arm, cut my leg open, cut my eyebrow open, landed a jump with a gravel down-ramp badly and got gravel-rash all down my back and I've bashed my head more times than I can count... or is it just that I've bashed it enough that I can no longer count... what was I just saying

That's just some of the injuries I've had. To me, none of them are that bad. My body healed up after all of them and I got back on two wheels. As long as I stay off fast public roads on my bicycle I feel safe and like it's very unlikely I will have any serious injuries.

I haven't had any injuries on my motorcycle, and I'm going to try and keep it that way. Look what Jiggles went through at a relatively low speed! He may have been able to achieve the same speed on a bicycle so he could hit the car in the same way, but even if he did, his leg wouldn't have snapped as there would have been no heavy motorcycle pinning it to the car.

Motorcycle street riding = serious sh*t! (and fun)

Bicycle off-road and street riding = fun!

Old July 30th, 2015, 03:05 PM   #43
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Werd, akima. I see where you're coming from.

But at the same time, have you ever had a shoulder re-located? I'd rather not do that again. Or spend a night in the ER and have a tube stuck in my ribs to get rid of the air in my chest cavity so my lung could expand, then being grounded from all exercise for a month. Or having to sleep funny so I don't get to enjoy rolling onto bruised ribs. Yeah, I think I'd rather like to not do that again. :/
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2015, 12:19 PM   #44
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
But at the same time, have you ever had a shoulder re-located? I'd rather not do that again. Or spend a night in the ER and have a tube stuck in my ribs to get rid of the air in my chest cavity so my lung could expand, then being grounded from all exercise for a month. Or having to sleep funny so I don't get to enjoy rolling onto bruised ribs. Yeah, I think I'd rather like to not do that again. :/
Nope and nope

OK... that is pretty bad. Do not want!

WTF did you do... or hit, to achieve that?!

I couldn't find a picture of a squirrel expressing "do not want", but I did find one expressing "do want", so that will have to do.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 31st, 2015, 12:23 PM   #45
M42
Wrench wench

Name: The Stigette

Motorcycle(s): TWO HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT CUBIC CENTIMETERS (R.I.P.), SIX HUNDRED FORTY FIVE CUBIC CENTIMETERS

If it goes over like 15 mph, then yeah. But I take immunosuppressants and road rash would come with the bonus guaranteed perk of infections. Plus ****ing myself up in a crash would mean I'd lose my (very physical) job, so no thank you to all that.

Old July 31st, 2015, 02:50 PM   #46
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Nope and nope

OK... that is pretty bad. Do not want!

WTF did you do... or hit, to achieve that?!
Well for the lung, I botched a jump and introduced my chest to my bars and then rapidly into the ground. That was no fun. The shoulder was from dicking around in the snow and landing juuuust wrong in a small ditch when I slid. Ribs were when I lost the front and took a tree head on.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote