ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #41
dino74
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

My Monday night is not so boring anymore...
CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #42
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
You're right this is exactly how I ride on track.. then I get smashed by a guy going 140 mph through my bike and my body.
140 mph? stop kidding yourself.. track riding will prepare you traveling at that speed...? the salt flats maybe.

Quote:
Practicing track will make me better at track which is becoming my passion as far as motorcycling goes. Practicing above is not my interest at the moment. Why is this so hard to accept ? You keep doing it all the power to you!
Sounds to me that you want to ride fast on the track and skip the slow maneuvering skills. If you feel that's safer than street riding, like I said before, best of luck to you and those that share the track with you.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #43
kingkang204
ninjette.org guru

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Bike-less, Can I ride yours?

Why can't there be peace?

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #44
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
140 mph? stop kidding yourself.. track riding will prepare you traveling at that speed...? the salt flats maybe.

Sounds to me that you want to ride fast on the track and skip the slow maneuvering skills. If you feel that's safer than street riding, like I said before, best of luck to you and those that share the track with you.
And good luck to you and the parked cars you smash in headfirst

Ya know, this is the kinda vibe I'm getting from you

Link to original page on YouTube.

Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #45
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:

"A" your a pain in the ass

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #46
Gurk
Done here.

I went back and read some of his posts. Now it all makes sense... Defending no gear and telling me I'm dangerous to others on track because I don't practice gymkhana

Old December 19th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #47
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
I don't feel the need to justify anything for you sake, nor did I post any vid. of mine for anyone. You assume those videos of me? that's just naive.

I rather be focused on riding then to worry about getting myself on video.
Pretty sure I wasn't assuming that was you in the vid hence my request.

I actually thought you had some track experience until you said this:

Quote:
140 mph? stop kidding yourself.. track riding will prepare you traveling at that speed...?
Yes, it will. Obviously not on our Ninjas but on a 600/1000...easily. And leaned over, dragging knee too.

Quote:
Wow, sounds like you're speaking from the other end of the hole. Ignorance is a bliss comes to mind. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Old December 20th, 2011, 01:59 AM   #48
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Quote:
imaginary gf's don't count.

neither real or imaginary boyfriends
you missed the point entirely...
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 02:27 AM   #49
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
you missed the point entirely...
The real point is, "A" is being a douche

Old December 20th, 2011, 02:28 AM   #50
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Isn't that the point of the Picture Game thread?

Maybe that's the point of Ninjette?
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 05:12 AM   #51
"A"
vampire

Quote:
And good luck to you and the parked cars you smash in headfirst
Talk about failure to comprehend, empty parking lot means no cars, read more carefuly please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
"A" your a pain in the ass
And what does your post have to contribute to this thread?

You would let someone who is not confident if their slow maneuvering skills out on a track with others riders, cornering at 140 mph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Pretty sure I wasn't assuming that was you in the vid hence my request.

Sure seems to me you were assuming. I don't waste my ride time by producing vids, no need to ask for them.

Quote:
I actually thought you had some track experience until you said this:

Quote:

Yes, it will. Obviously not on our Ninjas but on a 600/1000...easily. And leaned over, dragging knee too.

Is that so? show me some vid. of you dragging kness mid corner at 140 mph, since you are so into them. Or maybe anyone at your local track dragging knees at 140 mph.

Tracks around me are so tight, barely get over 120 mph on the straights (before slowing down for the next corner) let alone over triple digit in the corners.

Hitting someone at 140 mph while cornering is not a possibility unless throttle is stuck wide open and total brake failure before entering a corner.

Quote:
Wow, sounds like you're speaking from the other end of the hole. Ignorance is a bliss comes to mind. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Yes, ignorance is bliss, if you think someone who is not confident of slow maneuvers is going to be a safer practicing on the track with other riders.

Quote:
I went back and read some of his posts. Now it all makes sense... Defending no gear and telling me I'm dangerous to others on track because I don't practice gymkhana

Good of you to do your research on me.
Was I talking about track riding or Gymkhana competition without gear in my previous posts?
No, just failure to conprehend again on your part.

Quote:
The real point is, "A" is being a douche
And you're being an idiot to think you'll be safer on the track without slow maneuvering skills.
Good luck and goodbye.

Old December 20th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #52
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Gurk, with all due respect... If U can't ride a bike very well at slower speeds, how can U ride the bike well at fast speeds?
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 07:47 AM   #53
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Sure seems to me you were assuming. I don't waste my ride time by producing vids, no need to ask for them.
You're right. I assumed you could ride. And I agree...I wouldn't vid myself if I couldn't ride .

Quote:
Is that so? show me some vid. of you dragging kness mid corner at 140 mph, since you are so into them. Or maybe anyone at your local track dragging knees at 140 mph.

Tracks around me are so tight, barely get over 120 mph on the straights (before slowing down for the next corner) let alone over triple digit in the corners.
Oh, now it's 120mph on the straights? Again full of assumptions. I can't access YT from work otherwise I would post vids to prove my point. If you think tracks are so tight no one can't get over 120mph...man, you're more than ignorant. Let's just put it this way, try telling that to any of the professional racers that they're not able to hit 120 let alone 140 mph on a track because it's too tight.

Willow Springs Raceway - one, if not, THE fastest track in the west coast allows a rider to easily hit 150mph down the straight. With a more powerful motorcycle...160-200mph.

Quote:
Hitting someone at 140 mph while cornering is not a possibility unless throttle is stuck wide open and total brake failure before entering a corner.
Do you believe all corners are designed the same? Again, WSIR is another example of a track that allows you to hit 140mph. Doesn't necessarily mean ALL can--it all depends on your skills and the size of your balls.

Quote:
Yes, ignorance is bliss, if you think someone who is not confident of slow maneuvers is going to be a safer practicing on the track with other riders.
You're on a roll. I'm not even going to attempt to reply to this. You really need to stop and think before you type because what you're typing is pure nonsense and you're making a fool of yourself.

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #54
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toly View Post
Gurk, with all due respect... If U can't ride a bike very well at slower speeds, how can U ride the bike well at fast speeds?
Yes, another person who has some common sense.

Quote:
Oh, now it's 120mph on the straights? Again full of assumptions.
OP mentioned hitting another rider at 140 mph in corners, I say that's an impossible senerio on a track in the US, am I wrong?

Quote:
I can't access YT from work otherwise I would post vids to prove my point. If you think tracks are so tight no one can't get over 120mph...man, you're more than ignorant. Let's just put it this way, try telling that to any of the professional racers that they're not able to hit 120 let alone 140 mph on a track because it's too tight.
Yes, I'd like to see some vid of someone on a track near you doing 140 mph draggin kneee through a corner, be sure to include something that have speed reading at 140 mph according to GPS.

Quote:
Willow Springs Raceway - one, if not, THE fastest track in the west coast allows a rider to easily hit 150mph down the straight. With a more powerful motorcycle...160-200mph.
We're talking about conering speed, not speed in the straights, failure to comprehend on your part, please read more carefully.

Quote:
Do you believe all corners are designed the same? Again, WSIR is another example of a track that allows you to hit 140mph. Doesn't necessarily mean ALL can--it all depends on your skills and the size of your balls.
I never said such thing, why do you assume things from what I said? just read them as they are.

How fast you go into corners also depends on how stupid you are.

Quote:
You're on a roll. I'm not even going to attempt to reply to this. You really need to stop and think before you type because what you're typing is pure nonsense and you're making a fool of yourself.
You're not going to attempt because you know that it is ignorant to ride fast on the track when you are not confident of your slow maneuvering skills and you have nothing to argue against that statement.

Ignore list you go from now on, you will receive no reply from me.

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #55
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toly View Post
There's a huge gap between being good and doing parking lots as a sport.

Trust me I don't get off my bike and hand guide it around in the parking lot.

All I said was I know I would suck way more and probably crash my bike practicing gymkhana which is something I have no interest in, once again for the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A
You would let someone who is not confident if their slow maneuvering skills out on a track with others riders, cornering at 140 mph?
Kevin was on my first track day. You can ask him out of 6 of us, who's the only person who didn't go off track. You're a ****in' idiot who makes assumptions. "I'm not good in slow speed maneuvering is a very large scale buddy. Do I crash my bike every time in parking lot? No. Do I avoid it all together? No. I dropped my bike once (going 0.00001 mph) and that was in a parking lot. And it was Kevin's fault

Going back to my point not going off track that day. That means one thing. I know my limits and I try to stay within them and improve slowly. I was very slow compared to pro's out there turning 120mph on that huge sweeper in Buttonwillow (yes. mind blowing isn't it? Maybe if you go to track more instead of ride in parking lots, you'll get as good too! That's my goal at least.) But I still improved 13 seconds and never went off track or had close calls. If you still think I'm dangerous to people on track, well, I can't help you. You are retarded and beyond the point we can save you with logic.

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #56
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
OP mentioned hitting another rider at 140 mph in corners, I say that's an impossible senerio on a track in the US, am I wrong?
I never said corners in my post you comprehension challenged idiot. But it is possible to go 140mph in the corners. And I do aim to get to that point. Not by practicing gymkhana. By going to track more and more.

Do you seriously have your head buried in your ass so deep that you have no idea what we're saying? You seriously should consider laying off the internet. How can you contribute anything if you have no idea what people are talking about.

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #57
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Just sayin'
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #58
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post

Just sayin'
Hahhahaaha. Yes Tiff that's the only explanation left. How couldn't I see it before

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #59
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Gurk, let all this go. Roll up on track every time if you wanna. Your bike, your time and your $$. You can always slap the street plastics, tires, lights and tags on and roll out. It aint so bad, what an hour or 1.5 hours work the night before once you get it down.

I can tell you from chatting with my group of a mix of track day hero's, serious racers and average Joe's;

1. serious racers - "track at race pace only! anything but balls to the wall will make you slower"
2. track day goers - "I only ride track, I wish I could go, have fun and be safe."
3. average Joe's - "that track day was dope yo! lets ride our normal route on Sat./Sun."

I am just an average Joe, I could never give up the street, my passion for riding is relentless.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #60
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Yet you seemed to have gone off tangent just to say to you can't go 140 let alone 120 mph on a track. Is hitting someone at 140mph on the track an impossible scenario? No.

Quote:
Yes, I'd like to see some vid of someone on a track near you doing 140 mph draggin kneee through a corner, be sure to include something that have speed reading at 140 mph according to GPS.
Sure the moment you post vid of yourself doing Moto gymkhana.

Quote:
We're talking about conering speed, not speed in the straights, failure to comprehend on your part, please read more carefully.
Read my post again...this time with your binoculars.

Quote:
I never said such thing, why do you assume things from what I said? just read them as they are.
Assume? Read them as they are? Dude, you're hopeless.

Quote:
How fast you go into corners also depends on how stupid you are.
"Fast" is all relative. You amuse me. You're funny.

Quote:
You're not going to attempt because you know that it is ignorant to ride fast on the track when you are not confident of your slow maneuvering skills and you have nothing to argue against that statement.
OMG! We're talking about two completely different tracks that are executed at different speeds. OP wants to do tracks...tracks that are not the type you're suggesting. You don't have to have confidence is slow maneuvering skills to ride the type of tracks OP is referring to. And for argument sakes let's say one isn't confident in slow maneuvering skills...why would that person be ignorant? Better yet, let's use me as an example. I'm not confident in slow maneuvering skills like the vid you posted "of yourself performing" so what could I possibly be missing/lacking on the track? How would this make me a faster rider on the track?

Quote:
Ignore list you go from now on, you will receive no reply from me.
You already PM'd me to tell me that yet here you are...still replying.

Old December 20th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #61
"A"
vampire

Quote:
I never said corners in my post you comprehension challenged idiot. But it is possible to go 140mph in the corners. And I do aim to get to that point. Not by practicing gymkhana. By going to track more and more.
Maybe not exact words, but included in your previous reply is a video of a riders cornering with his bike leaned way over. Doesn't imply that you want to go (or hit another rider at) 140 mph on the straights.

Quote:
You're right this is exactly how I ride on track.. then I get smashed by a guy going 140 mph through my bike and my body.

Practicing track will make me better at track which is becoming my passion as far as motorcycling goes. Practicing above is not my interest at the moment. Why is this so hard to accept ? You keep doing it all the power to you!

Quote:
Do you seriously have your head buried in your ass so deep that you have no idea what we're saying? You seriously should consider laying off the internet. How can you contribute anything if you have no idea what people are talking about.
I don't appreciate the insult and foul language. If you can't argue your point, lowering yourself to namecalling and foul language just make your aregument less convincing.

I have enough experience riding on and off the tracks to say that track riding is expensive and dangerous.

If you think giving up street riding completely to ride solely on the track is going to be safer when you are not confident in your slow maneuvering speeds as drills in Gymkhahna; you are ignorant, because you have not personally seen the consequences that you can suffer or cause to others on the track.

Gymkhana is a single rider event, if you lose control, you have far less chances to cause other participants physical harm.
In addition, the slower pace of Gymkhana would likely cause less damage to your bike when you lose control.

No matter how much you think you will improve by riding fast on the track, there will always be someone else faster or more stupid that take you out on a track one way or another.

Know the risks, when something goes wrong on the track more than likely you don't have the chance to decide what to do to react, unless you have the slower maneuvering skills that allow you to react by reflex.

Calling me a troll or anything else, doesn't take away anything from what I say in this post being factual.

Old December 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #62
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

I'm gonna reply to this since it's an open discussion and not via PM.

Quote:
I have enough experience riding on and off the tracks to say that track riding is expensive and dangerous.
Not much experience if you came to that conclusion. You probably crashed on your first outing in the novice group and said it's not for you. Hey, can't blame you...tracking isn't for all. Nor is riding a motorcycle (gymkhana style). However one thing I would have to disagree with you is that riding the track is much safer than riding on the streets. 10x safer! And if you don't know why than it just reiterates my belief why you don't have much experience on the track, if at all.

Quote:
If you think giving up street riding completely to ride solely on the track is going to be safer when you are not confident in your slow maneuvering speeds as drills in Gymkhahna; you are ignorant, because you have not personally seen the consequences that you can suffer or cause to others on the track.
Wow! I really doubt you have any experience on the track. Because if you did you'd realize the groups are separated by levels and have control riders who enforce their strict rules about riding/passing safely on the track.

Quote:
Gymkhana is a single rider event, if you lose control, you have far less chances to cause other participants physical harm.
In addition, the slower pace of Gymkhana would likely cause less damage to your bike when you lose control.
So is knitting.

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #63
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Maybe not exact words, but included in your previous reply is a video of a riders cornering with his bike leaned way over. Doesn't imply that you want to go (or hit another rider at) 140 mph on the straights.

I don't appreciate the insult and foul language. If you can't argue your point, lowering yourself to namecalling and foul language just make your aregument less convincing.

No matter how much you think you will improve by riding fast on the track, there will always be someone else faster or more stupid that take you out on a track one way or another.

Know the risks, when something goes wrong on the track more than likely you don't have the chance to decide what to do to react, unless you have the slower maneuvering skills that allow you to react by reflex.

Calling me a troll or anything else, doesn't take away anything from what I say in this post being factual.
again, assuming stuff i never said. ofcourse i wanna go 140mph on turns on track. why else would i be on track?? that doesnt mean in doing it right now, which is what you make it sound like. i said others do. and theres absolutely no problem with this. if youre against it, keep it at the parking lot i dont care buddy.

if you think street riding is safer than track though, you are clueless and can't be helped. i got the answers i was seeking. you are adding nothing to this thread. i respected your opinions initially and responded maturely. that didnt help cause obviously you have the integrity of a bad mannered child and can only be treated as one.

get a life! i have one therefore i'm out. thanks to everyone who contributed. see ya'll at the track!!!

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #64
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHzGJkeHTG0

As you can see in the video, the entrance speed for turn 6 is approximately 140 mph on a liter bike. Faster than your average bear.
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #65
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

What this guy fails to understand is that there are tracks out there with really tight/slow corners that do teach you to corner at slow speeds. How's that for Moto Gymkhana?

Oh wait...would you like vids?

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #66
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Steve, you may be able to make rockets, but you totally suck at embedding:

You're welcome

Oh, and I just realized how absurd it is that I thought I needed to stop pinning it on the 250 to make turn 9 D:

Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #67
dino74
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

Quote:
You don't have to have confidence is slow maneuvering skills to ride the type of tracks OP is referring to...
Ah, come on Nem! I use gymkhana all the time at Chuckwalla! I've got soooo much crap in my pit area, I need these skills to get to start finish. You never know when a kamikaze tumble weed will come at you in the paddock!

Quote:
Seriously, IMHO the most dangerous riders on the track are not those who lack slow speed skills. The dangerous one are those who don't have a predictable riding line, cross into the racing line getting on/off the racing or get off the throttle without raising the hand.
CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #68
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
Ah, come on Nem! I use gymkhana all the time at Chuckwalla! I've got soooo much crap in my pit area, I need these skills to get to start finish. You never know when a kamikaze tumble weed will come at you in the paddock!
WERD!

Especially when someone stuffs you in a corner...man, that's when you'll be practicing gymkhana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
Seriously, IMHO the most dangerous riders on the track are not those who lack slow speed skills. The dangerous one are those who don't have a predictable riding line, cross into the racing line getting on/off the racing or get off the throttle without raising the hand.
Stop sandbagging!!! You belong in A Group!

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #69
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

I do suck at embedding because nobody will tell me how2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62NSh...ature=youtu.be

here's "blong" from these forums at apex go kart track on his ninja 250. You rarely get out of 2nd gear on that track, hows that for low speed skills? Skip to halfway through

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #70
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post

I didn't know either until Alex edited the link. I think you just enter the 62NShE7_xD4& code in the link. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
here's "blong" from these forums at apex go kart track on his ninja 250. You rarely get out of 2nd gear on that track, hows that for low speed skills? Skip to halfway through
I was gonna suggest this vid but according to "A" his entry speed is too fast.

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #71
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5900
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #72
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

I was gonna post in here sooner, kinda got all crazy in ths thread haha. I was thinking I might do the same one day. I still like to ride the street, but riding the track helps me get that "fix" I need where I can ride the bike as far to the limit as I am comfortable. Riding on the street is still good for me but I am constantly reminded how much I hate how some people drive.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2011, 11:03 PM   #73
"A"
vampire

Quote:
As you can see in the video, the entrance speed for turn 6 is approximately 140 mph on a liter bike. Faster than your average bear.
We all know that OEM speedometer display faster speed than actual, upwards of 12 to 15% faster, 140 on display is more like 125 in actual.

Turn 6 as you refer seems like a high speed sweeper IMO, not a corner.

I don't see any rider draggin their knee at 140 mph, unless you can see the two riders in front.

I see the speedo display in the 60's for the real corners, more likely that the rider is draggin his knee in those spots.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:04 AM   #74
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Wow...this guy is hopeless.

"Real corners"? Hahahhahaha

"Turn 6 as you refer seems like a high speed sweeper IMO, not a corner. " ....yeah, you definitely got some track experience buddy.

Someone quote my post so this "kid" can see what I wrote.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:01 AM   #75
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
Wow...this guy is hopeless.

"Real corners"? Hahahhahaha

"Turn 6 as you refer seems like a high speed sweeper IMO, not a corner. " ....yeah, you definitely got some track experience buddy.

Someone quote my post so this "kid" can see what I wrote.
yeah... I guess sweepers aren't turns anymore, and turns aren't corners. Looks like road racing = drag racing.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 10:14 AM   #76
"A"
vampire

Quote:
yeah... I guess sweepers aren't turns anymore, and turns aren't corners. Looks like road racing = drag racing.
Sweepers, turns, corners, if they are all so similar, why bother slowing down to 60's for turn 4?

Anyhow, back to topic of limiting yourself to track riding only.. the skills you learn and need to practice are limited to the track.
Everytime you want to use or practice those skills,
you have to:

-spend an hour or so packing up your bike,

-haul your bike 1-6 hours away to the track,

-spend another hour to unload, register, get through safety inspection (if you don't have fresh tires, you're not riding for that day),

in the end you get to practice less than 2 hours (4 hours if you ride more than one catergory, any more riding on the track you would likely be too tired and unable to concentrate) by the end of the day.

Keep your street ride, slow maneuvering skills you can practice and use every single day right from your front door.

If you feel you're not good at it, plenty of opportunity to get good without limiting yourself to track only.

Give up the thrill of exploring the new roads and spirited riding in places you've never been just for dragging your knee through corners (at 140 mph?).. seems idiotic.

Plenty of roads in the world that are way more fun than riding your local track over and over.

If enjoy riding a motorcycle is important in your life and you live in an area that riding on the street sucks, move.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:35 AM   #77
Dragone
ninjette.org member

Name: Ted

Motorcycle(s): '86 VFR 750, '90 ZX7, '92 KZ1000, '05 ninja 500, '05 6RR, '06 10R, '07 ninja 250

A quote from "A" that makes sense to me and should be for others who like to ride and survive.

Quote:
Self-control, one of the most important virtue to learn whether on the track or anywhere else in life.
As mentioned, tracking is a hoot and addictive. If you have a dedicated ride/or not and can only afford one weekend a month, then stay within that limit. You can push yourself easier on the track, but self control is still a must. Keep things fun and affordable. Same goes for street riding, if the fun and self control runs out, then the fun ends and pain may pursue.

So if you feel that your self control and finances are better suited for the track, then follow that path.

edit: I have read in here on track bikes being disposable or trash bikes. I totally disagree with that thinking since my life relies on how well my bikes are. In all honesty, I take more care of my track rides knowing that every single component is stressed more. (which does not mean that I neglect my street rides either.)
Dragone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:47 AM   #78
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Sweepers, turns, corners, if they are all so similar, why bother slowing down to 60's for turn 4?

Quote:
Anyhow, back to topic of limiting yourself to track riding only.. the skills you learn and need to practice are limited to the track.
Everytime you want to use or practice those skills,
you have to:

-spend an hour or so packing up your bike,

-haul your bike 1-6 hours away to the track,

-spend another hour to unload, register, get through safety inspection (if you don't have fresh tires, you're not riding for that day),

in the end you get to practice less than 2 hours (4 hours if you ride more than one catergory, any more riding on the track you would likely be too tired and unable to concentrate) by the end of the day.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM   #79
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

This was just posted by a street rider who won a free trackday we raffled off at our site to help promote getting street riders on to the track because it's safer than riding the streets.

Quote:
Firstly I need to thank Christian, Dustin, Counsler and Monis and everyone else for one of the best times I have seen, ever. We started by arriving Friday night, unloaded and bs’d for awhile and then got to sleep, thanks for the heated camper Counsler. Saturday morning the fog set in for a couple of hours, which wasn’t anything new. The riders meeting took place and were very well received from everyone, just to inform all how the track was and that wheelies would be all right because of the bumps & quick drop offs. For a first timer and after almost thirty years of riding on the street, I don't know how to ride, at all. All of the guys at TrackDaz, were exceptional giving info on how to better the fun, and made me feel like I was home and I have known them forever. First run was definitely nerve racking, and I was the first guy off the track, jajajaj first yellow flag, will never forget that one, but didn’t bin it. “Just go out and have Fun”, well to say the least, I am a F**kin Idiot for waiting this long to get to a track, I would have stopped riding the street years ago if I had done this. As the day went on you will find yourself where to and not to push, and getting passed up by smaller CC’s will really piss you off but, who cares, its nice being able to test yourself without the copper’s chasing you. I still can’t wipe the **** eaten grin thinking about turns 6, 7, 8, and 9 at BW, kick ass long sweepers, ideal for a ZX10r. Then you go and check out your photos, while you are thinking “man I was moving through the corners getting good lean angles, and then you see your pictures, and say “I thought I was leaning more than that, or at least it feels like it”. But no you’re still straight up and down and again getting passed up by smaller CC’s. What a BLAST. Sunday, the fog had gotten worse, so we sat around some nursing hangovers, others unfortunately sleeping outside in a cot. Then track time starts and your so excited to get out there and continue learning and getting passed by smaller CC’s again, by mid afternoon it had warmed up and that’s when you go out and twist that throttle, with oh **** here comes turn 3, 4, and 5 and get through the fastest you have in 2 days. This was when I felt it was time to push and after three, what I thought were fast laps and passing smaller CC’s and out breaking other ZX10’s, I pulled off the track, laughing my A** off, telling myself your stayin in California this time, you have met some kick ass people, and when is the next Trackday, I’ll be off the street in the next months if I make it to then, and want to thank everyone from Trackdaz and BW, for showing me a great ride. So from the comforts of a hot camper, to the party Saturday night, I cannot wait to get back out there, and start asking how to go faster. Thanks again LedZled

The pictures are not uploading for some reason, Security issue, but they will get here soon, contacted admin, waiting for reply
http://www.socalmoto.org/forum/showt...t=14729&page=5

Old December 22nd, 2011, 01:26 PM   #80
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i think we can all agree "A" is an idiot and is talking out of his ass with little or no real experience on the subject. sounds like nemesis pegged it with crashing out in the first session.

to think that street riding is safer in ANY way than riding on a track is absolutely preposterous. what's even more ridiculous is all of this is coming from a guy who barely wears gear on the street, and advocates people not wearing helmets if they dont feel like it.

"A", stop being a fool and a troll. what was the last constructive or beneficial thing you posted to this site? its been a LONG time since i've seen you post anything but hateful trolling and bad advice. why dont you stop spending money on new bikes and spend some time riding them to their limit once in awhile. or maybe its that you dont understand how to tell where a bikes limits are? maybe you crashed a few times long ago and now you dont push anything? because when you arent pushing anything, im sure the street would probably feel much safer. especially when you are in the middle of nowhere and there is no traffic around (another thing you posted)

honestly, "A", stfu.

i know i will get bashed for being such a dick publicly, but you have warranted it.