ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #81
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Well I bought the camera on a whim since it was on a black friday sale and hadnt really thought about where I was going to put it lol.
I would think being on my helmet would make it unbalanced and awkward. Also I dont think the adhesive will stick to the heavily waxed surface. I wanted it looking out the windscreen but it is far to tinted for it. So I think im going to try mounting it to the front fork for now.
I might need to build a gyroscopic mount for the tank, the videos I have seen with them used are just amazing.
Liquidtoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #82
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I am not sure what type of sticky stuff they use for their mounts but dood.... that stuff will stick to just about anything and be as happy as a tick on a fat dog.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #83
Old Guy on a '08
Chris

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): BLACK!!! '08 250R

Question dood

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I am not sure what type of sticky stuff they use for their mounts but dood.... that stuff will stick to just about anything and be as happy as a tick on a fat dog.
dood??? dood... that's priceless...
Old Guy on a '08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #84
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
3m VHB, Double face tape. It still has the logos on it, but the amazon review said just the opposite. Make sure to have straps the tape pops off..

I think for a quick test I'm going to pull a couple of the gas cap screws and poke couple holes in the mount and screw it down for the day. Save the paint from the sticky residue and be sure it wont come up
Liquidtoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #85
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Dunno man, maybe it got wet or something. I have a sticky mount on my helmet that has been there for 2 years. It didn't even sit completely flush, still going strong and shows no signs of coming off/getting loose anytime soon. It's the only one I can't safety wire as plan b. Better safe than sorry though aye.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #86
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
fwiw on placement, I've had good luck in the past mounting a camera right behind my gauges/windscreen using a tank mount like this one. It gives a good view of the road and the gauges.

My plan with the gopro is to put a sticky right behind the seat so I can get a good view of my form and see what I need to change. I also want to put one on front so I can have an unobstructed "flying" view of the track, or right behind the fork on the front fender, for the same thing, only a cool angle.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote