ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old March 4th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #201
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
@nautica

csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #202
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica View Post
I'd also like to find a program to help flexibility but I'm not sure exactly what to do yet.
Martial arts... Pick one, stick with it...

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #203
EternalNewb

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Good idea, Hans, but one has to be careful about stretching and warming up, depending on the style. I've seen people throw some flashy kicks before they were ready, and then have to take some time off.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #204
psych0hans

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
Good idea, Hans, but one has to be careful about stretching and warming up, depending on the style. I've seen people throw some flashy kicks before they were ready, and then have to take some time off.
Too true bro, but it's the same with anything in life, You gotta learn to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run... Just stay focused and pace yourself. Learning a martial art has many advantages including, but not limited to agility, endurance, focus and the fact that you can open a can of whoopass on any mofo who messes with you...

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #205
EternalNewb

Yeah. I really need to get training again. Still, I'm split between just general power/endurance/flexibility, martial arts, and parkour/free-running.
It'd be nice to get some climbing and swimming in there too...

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #206
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Yeah I considered yoga but it didn't seem very interesting and could get boring.

And here you go @BlueHairSar

At least this made me smile.

Old March 4th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #207
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
Martial arts... Pick one, stick with it...
2nd Degree Black Belt 10yrs of sticking with it but still can't do the splits.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...1&postcount=62

Old March 4th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #208
psych0hans

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
2nd Degree Black Belt 10yrs of sticking with it but still can't do the splits.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...1&postcount=62

Old March 4th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #209
psych0hans

Some pics of yours truly... Don't laugh... Oh alright, go ahead... lol

Old March 4th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #210
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
This thread just keeps getting weirder!

Old March 4th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #211
EternalNewb

Actually, on the note of core strength and flexibility, does anyone else here slackline? I've been picking it up again, and it's really kind of meditative for me. Plus, when I'm so focused on walking the line and not falling off, I forget how sore I'm going to be later. Or don't notice right away how sore I'm getting while doing it.

Old March 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #212
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

If I tried to slackline, I would end up flatlined.
@psych0hans - lol man... do your thang!

Old March 4th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #213
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Yoga. Totally serious.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #214
EternalNewb

Chris, it really isn't as bad as it seems. Don't even bother with tricks, just focus on keeping your balance and slowly walking the line. Once you start to get the hang of it, it's very fun.

On another note, I way overdid the core training and squats yesterday, and cannot sneeze or cough comfortably. Fortunately, the 5 stories of stairs at university weren't as bad as I expected. Way to go me. :P

Old March 4th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #215
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
I am not a racer, but i do enjoy track days and maybe someday may attempt a few races. I started CrossFit last week and it is going to be a great way to build leg and core strength and endurance.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #216
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Cross fit's "pull ups" are the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #217
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
great contribution!!!

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old March 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #218
BlueHairSar
ninjette.org sage

Name: Sarah

Motorcycle(s): Silver 2005 Ninja 250 - Available for free mustache rides.

Quote:
The kip up ones? Yes, agreed. You're letting momentum do half of the work for you!

Quote:

And here you go @BlueHairSar

<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
This thread just keeps getting weirder!

Old March 5th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #219
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHairSar View Post
You're letting momentum do half of the work for you!
Well, hang on a minute. I'll give them some credit; the intent is to keep the cardio aspect of the workout while also getting a little upper body workout in. I get that.

But if you're going to do pull ups, do pull ups. If you're going to do cardio, do cardio. Don't combine them and ruin the pull ups just so you can do large numbers of them.

I run. I bike. I alternate sets of pull-ups, dips, push-ups, and core after all my runs/bike rides. I don't do many because I just want to stay trim, nothing more. I don't do kip-ups because I don't see any merit to them.

The whole Crossfit thing is just a fad in my eyes. It looks like a great way to lose weight for someone who's inactive and is looking to be more healthy, but other than that, it doesn't make sense to me. From what I've seen, it's just a general fitness and aerobic workout. But what is it accomplishing? What's the end goal? The best motivation to get out of bed and exercise is a physical goal, or a chance to get out and enjoy a beautiful day and test yourself. Doing random workouts with a bunch of people in a gym (sorry, it's a box, not a gym ) doesn't do anything for me. If your goal is to be a body builder, go lift. If your goal is to run a marathon, go run. Crossfit does neither of those because it's all about general fitness. But for what? For the sake of vanity? For the sake of wearing really dorky socks? Sorry, the whole thing just doesn't work for me. If it works for you, go for it. For me, my exercise is because I love being outside and sucking in fresh air and enjoying the world around me, away from suburbia. There's a certain state of zen that I can only get when I'm 25 miles out on a mile long climb; no "box" can do that for me, especially when they don't do real pull-ups.

Is that better contribution @cbinker?

Old March 5th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #220
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Workout tonight totally sucked. Not sure why either, there was just no focus.

Old March 5th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #221
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You get enough sleep last night? I always have trouble getting in the zone if I don't get enough sleep.

Old March 5th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #222
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

No, I have been sleeping like crap. My bum shoulder has been bothering me.

Old March 5th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #223
geeker
ninjette.org guru

Name: Richie

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda CRF300L Rally, 2015 Ninja ZX6R 636, 2014 Ninja 1000, 2013 Ninja 300 (sold), 2011 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
No, I have been sleeping like crap. My bum shoulder has been bothering me.
We started month two of insanity this week. My workout was late because I went to a bike night after work. Half way through the workout, I had to do side push-ups. That aggregated my right shoulder a bit. I think it's from an old injury from crashing my road bike six years ago. I may have to find some substitute moves to augment the existing exercises.
geeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #224
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
The whole Crossfit thing is just a fad in my eyes. It looks like a great way to lose weight for someone who's inactive and is looking to be more healthy, but other than that, it doesn't make sense to me. From what I've seen, it's just a general fitness and aerobic workout. But what is it accomplishing? What's the end goal? The best motivation to get out of bed and exercise is a physical goal, or a chance to get out and enjoy a beautiful day and test yourself. Doing random workouts with a bunch of people in a gym (sorry, it's a box, not a gym ) doesn't do anything for me. If your goal is to be a body builder, go lift. If your goal is to run a marathon, go run. Crossfit does neither of those because it's all about general fitness. But for what? For the sake of vanity? For the sake of wearing really dorky socks? Sorry, the whole thing just doesn't work for me. If it works for you, go for it. For me, my exercise is because I love being outside and sucking in fresh air and enjoying the world around me, away from suburbia. There's a certain state of zen that I can only get when I'm 25 miles out on a mile long climb; no "box" can do that for me, especially when they don't do real pull-ups.

Is that better contribution @cbinker?
you mad bro? got called out, now you went into a bitching rant about something you dont really know. Doesnt sound like you know what crossfit is about. Where in life are you going to need to do a hanging dead pull up? All those things you enjoy to do, I already do, regular workout routines arent doing it for me anymore. 3 years ago my sister invited me to attempt to work out with her. Yes ATTEMPT. I was lifting heavy and running on a regular basis, but when I attempted crossfit and could not keep up with them, I knew I found my new program, when i could eventually afford it.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old March 6th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #225
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Different programs are out there to fit all the different needs. Crossfit and programs of that sort are geared towards individuals who want to be in better shape whether that means losing weight or just staying healthy, but you won't be getting huge using that and not everyone even wants that. I see nothing wrong with programs like that but it's not something that really interests me at this point, but that doesn't mean someone else won't enjoy it. It can also be a nice change of pace for someone who has been doing the same stuff for awhile. Different strokes for different folks is all.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 6th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #226
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
you mad bro?
No, not mad. Not bitching either. I just don't see that workout as a good option for me because it just doesn't interest me. I agree with nautica here.

Like I said, having a specific goal is the best kind of motivation. To me, general fitness is not an end goal. A half marathon, or a certain 5k time, or a specific weight for lifting, or a % body fat, or a waist size is a goal that pays off in the end.

Again, if Crossfit works for you, go for it! I'm positive I would also have a lot of trouble doing a Crossfit workout compared to someone who has been doing it regularly. That's the same idea as me having trouble keeping up with sprinters during 100 meters; because I have not trained for that. You're always going to suck at a new exercise right when you start.

Sorry if I offended you. If you read the beginning of that post, I gave Crossfit some credit for for having a reason for doing what it's doing. Also, it probably is a good workout for getting in race shape. It seems like Crossfit will get a good cardio base while keeping you trim. But it's still not for me. You're allowed to make your own decisions, I'm allowed to make mine. Don't get so defensive and call me bitchy when I give the reasons that I choose not to take part in a Crossfit program.

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #227
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

My fat ass has lost 7lbs since starting p90x 2.5 weeks ago. Feel great besides the small limp i have when I walk from slightly hurting my leg. I get to eat a lot, 2400 calories recommended (although I eat less than that), and all of it is healthy/clean/very good and tasty, I think. Besides the 2 Beers I had and a slice of regular pizza when I had no other options (at a clients house), I have yet to cheat. Next time though, I will be taking some food/snacks with me to the client.

Luckily I don't mind cooking a lot and trying out new ways to cook traditional meals. That and the fact that I have always loved and ate turkey. I do need to find that 99% lean version. I have only found 93% from the few markets I visited.

Also, I will be moving up to dumbbells today. I have a bad rotator cuff and the resistance bands helped tremendously. Just was too hard to get the exact amount of tension needed for certain workouts, and I think my rotator cuff is ready for the weights. Still need them to simulate pullups/chinups. I, for the life of me, cannot trust the pullup bar systems. Maybe if I reinforce the trim around the doorway I might. Maybe.
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #228
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
Luckily I don't mind cooking a lot and trying out new ways to cook traditional meals. That and the fact that I have always loved and ate turkey. I do need to find that 99% lean version. I have only found 93% from the few markets I visited.
Ever try turkey tacos with the lean stuff? Or turkey burgers?

They both go great with rice with black beans and a little cilantro.

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #229
EternalNewb

I used to have a bad habit o doing pull ups on the molding around door frames. I blame my brief time rock climbing. Speaking of, anyone rock climb? I've been thinking about getting back into it.

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #230
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
No, not mad. Not bitching either. I just don't see that workout as a good option for me because it just doesn't interest me. I agree with nautica here.

Like I said, having a specific goal is the best kind of motivation. To me, general fitness is not an end goal. A half marathon, or a certain 5k time, or a specific weight for lifting, or a % body fat, or a waist size is a goal that pays off in the end.

Again, if Crossfit works for you, go for it! I'm positive I would also have a lot of trouble doing a Crossfit workout compared to someone who has been doing it regularly. That's the same idea as me having trouble keeping up with sprinters during 100 meters; because I have not trained for that. You're always going to suck at a new exercise right when you start.

Sorry if I offended you. If you read the beginning of that post, I gave Crossfit some credit for for having a reason for doing what it's doing. Also, it probably is a good workout for getting in race shape. It seems like Crossfit will get a good cardio base while keeping you trim. But it's still not for me. You're allowed to make your own decisions, I'm allowed to make mine. Don't get so defensive and call me bitchy when I give the reasons that I choose not to take part in a Crossfit program.
I truly would like to see what guys like pedrosa do for training. being that small and able to pilot that type of motorcycle needs some vigorous training combining cardio and strength all together.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #231
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I hope you guys don't mind if I take the pictures and post them on "all guy"
sites.

Please smile for pix!

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #232
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Quote:
Ever try turkey tacos with the lean stuff? Or turkey burgers?

They both go great with rice with black beans and a little cilantro.
Turkey Burrito! I only had it a few times since starting p90x, I have to avoid lots of carbs for the first month. Before that? A LOT! The same goes for the turkey burgers!

Trick is to add fresh chopped tomato and onions, a pinch (or two) of very low fat cheese, and the cilantro on top when you're done adding the cooked ingredients to the wrap (whole wheat of course). That and some home made spicy salsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
I used to have a bad habit o doing pull ups on the molding around door frames. I blame my brief time rock climbing. Speaking of, anyone rock climb? I've been thinking about getting back into it.
I was thinking of trying that since a few clubs have started to pop up rather close to me. I might just start with hiking though.
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #233
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
I truly would like to see what guys like pedrosa do for training. being that small and able to pilot that type of motorcycle needs some vigorous training combining cardio and strength all together.
True that!!

Same with the players on professional soccer teams in Europe. They run an average of like 5k during a game, but they're also strong

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #234
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
Trick is to add fresh chopped tomato and onions, a pinch (or two) of very low fat cheese, and the cilantro on top when you're done adding the cooked ingredients to the wrap (whole wheat of course). That and some home made spicy salsa.

Old March 6th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #235
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I hope you guys don't mind if I take the pictures and post them on "all guy"
sites.

Please smile for pix!
Calvin Klein underwear adds only please.

Old March 6th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #236
geeker
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda CRF300L Rally, 2015 Ninja ZX6R 636, 2014 Ninja 1000, 2013 Ninja 300 (sold), 2011 Ninja 250R (sold)

I know from watching Nicky Hayden's Instagram account he is a cyclist.

Old March 8th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #237
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

I just thought I would leave this here as a workout idea. hahahahahahhahahahaha

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old March 8th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #238
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Bahaha

Old March 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #239
geeker
ninjette.org guru

Jesus... Lol

Old March 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #240
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Congratulations, you found the "what the f***" side of youtube. Not sure we want to know what you were really trying to find..
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.