ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old May 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #41
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
sounds like you need to mod your bike, if it's more oomph you're after.
Indeed I do, but I just don't have enough cash for everything I want! And I keep thinking I really need that double bubble and saddlebags over 'go-fast' parts. Stupid responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Clearly the next step is a pile of carbon fiber and titanium parts replacements on the bike.
I wonder if they make carbon fiber and titanium for people?

Yeah, I will get around to modding the bike sooner or later. I could definitely use the extra power and reduced weight on straights. I may shim the needles and sync up the carbs this weekend. But hey I knew what I was getting and this bike is a perfect commuter with incredible handling and this thing gets too fast in the twistys, LOL. Okay, it gets too fast for the posted speed limit! Man it's a good thing I'm old enough to know when to back off. This bike would have gotten me into trouble when I was younger.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.
Xoulrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #42
demp
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2015 V-Star 950 Tourer (Deep Blue)

Don't be scared to take it up near redline, the rev limitters there to make sure it doesn't go boom
demp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #43
kevlarorc
noob motovlogger

Name: Gareth

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujyu View Post
Holy cow, 90-95?!?!?!? The police would nail you where I live for driving 90-95. I don't even drive past 80 in my car!
that's why you don't let the police see you. mopac at night gets pretty damn fast. I was pushing 90 in the left lane just to pass people when I needed to get over.
oh. and I highly highly highly highly highly (highly?) recommend shimming the carb needles. heck, you can come and get some washers from me if you want.

Old May 19th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #44
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlarorc View Post
oh. and I highly highly highly highly highly (highly?) recommend shimming the carb needles. heck, you can come and get some washers from me if you want.
lol... a convert.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #45
Soujyu
ninjette.org sage

Name: W

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (sold), 2012 Tuono V4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlarorc View Post
that's why you don't let the police see you. mopac at night gets pretty damn fast. I was pushing 90 in the left lane just to pass people when I needed to get over.
I don't want to get tasered by the Austin cops....and don't even talk about Williamson County area LEOs, they'll probably shoot you in the back without question. Speaking of which, the Austin cops will probably also shoot me in the back without question....

I've probably done maybe 80 at the most on this bike. I don't feel comfortable taking it much past that (which is why I don't do track days/school yet).

Quote:
lol... a convert.
Man, you've converted a whole bunch of people already. I'll wait another 2000 miles (getting close to the dreaded valve adjustment). It would probably be the perfect time to tinker with my carbs if I choose to do so.

Incidentally, doing the "grip the legs to the gas tank" makes the run up to 9K rpm in first a lot less like bullriding. I had to do it during my commute to work this morning to avoid having to pay the draconian fealty (oops, should I say tolls) if I couldn't pull out ahead of a line of cars and get into the middle lane from the left.
Soujyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #46
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

Name: Lucas

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue 250R

Quote:
practice, son... practice.
I never redline in first gear though. I think of first gear as more of a rolling entry into second gear because the engine simply revs through first in a blink of an eye.
thats the whole fun of it... ya know what they say, ATRATT (at the red all the time)

Old May 19th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #47
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Clearly the next step is a pile of carbon fiber and titanium parts replacements on the bike.
Don't forget the flush mounts and the stickers. That's like...10 hp and 5 torques of awesome right there
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #48
deezyellownutz
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Zx10R 2009 250R

I weigh 220 and the 250R moves when I want it to.

Bounce that rev limit and make that baby sing!

Old May 20th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #49
captlombardi
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): '09 EX250J, '01 CBR600F4i

there are a lot of guys here with bigger bikes than the 250r (myself included). maybe it is a difference of perspective after riding a faster bike, but the 250r never gave me the "OMG its gonna pull away from me!" feeling. ever. like never ever even if i feather it to 9k in first gear and rip it open.

so no, not 9k, not 11k. how about 13k? you ARE getting on the highway and the 250r won't break any highway speed limits in first gear. the bike has been designed, tested, and proven to be able to rev to 13k. hell, some guys here even put the first gen ignitors in their bikes to rev higher than that! don't worry about hurting the bike.

i would have thought you'd have wrapped the bike out a few times with 5k miles on it (were all 5k ridden by you?). regardless, do whatever you need to do to get more comfortable with the bike so you are able to use the full rpm range. it will be more fun, i promise!
captlombardi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM   #50
2WheelGuy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): '98 EX250, '02 EX250, '08 250r, '03 SV650, '98 GSXR750 '03 Hayabusa, '87 YSR50, '84 ZX900, +MORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
1000CC's.
0-60 in 3 seconds.
1300CC's 0-60 in 2.5 seconds

AFM #278
2WheelGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2010, 05:28 PM   #51
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelGuy View Post
1300CC's 0-60 in 2.5 seconds
Doh!
Owned. lol

Does the tank bag fly off? haha
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2010, 06:47 PM   #52
GeorgiaHooligan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Aaron

this bike loves to shift at 10k, the 250 is very forgiving.
GeorgiaHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote