Old July 19th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #161
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
(and Mommy said yes )
damn, i'm in my mid twenties and my mom is still trying to not let me ride. "dont you dare take it on the highway!!"

wish my mom rode motorcycles lol

Old July 19th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #162
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jo

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

I did ask my boys that once, if they thought it was weird their mom rode a motorcycle. They were like...eh...nah... I guess they don't even think about it.

Now MY parents, are a different story. My mom (in her Filipina accent) "Ay anak! Just be care-pull...okayyy??" and my dad, think's I'm going to kill myself.

Old July 19th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #163
pomartin
ninjette.org member

Name: Martin

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R (FI)

if you T-boned a car then you are not observing enough... and till you get this in your blood do not drive stronger/faster bike. why? It might happen again... and if u were faster= much bigger chances to serious injuries

just my opinion

Old July 19th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #164
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

I found it hilarious how he said he T-boned a car, yet it wasn't his fault. Jack-ass, if you ride into the side of something it is your fault completely.

Old July 19th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #165
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty nasty View Post
I found it hilarious how he said he T-boned a car, yet it wasn't his fault. Jack-ass, if you ride into the side of something it is your fault completely.
This is not always true, see here; http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97999

Old July 19th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #166
-kj-
ninjette.org member

Name: KJ

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkh100 View Post
No thanks, I know what it can do if I twist it all the way. I was just talking about people saying it's "sensitive".

Not trying to argue but what does a car turning left infront of me without looking when it was my light have to do with the bike im on? I was going the same speed I would have on a bigger bike.. if I was being immature and I crashed it, I definitely would not get a bigger bike and my parents wouldn't let me ride anymore.
Yea, the 250 is not the fastest. My car is way faster than the ninja 250 but I think your missing the point. When driving or riding you got to be a defensive minded person. The minute you let your guard down accidents happen. You can't assume people are going to do the right thing. EVen if the accident wasn't your fault... I hope you took something out of it.From the 1st page it said that you ran a yellow light and hit a car door or something. Now your saying that someone didn't yield when turning left. There's always something you could have done better. From my MSF course I learned a lot about scanning and putting yourself in the best position to prevent accidents.

Anyways... good luck with the 600.Im planning on getting a 600 when I have enough money. I still plan to keep my ninjette for driving around town. Ride safe.

Old July 19th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #167
Little Green Machine
Love my kittehs!

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

Ok, so I'm not going to advise you to not get a bigger, more powerful bike, no not at all. In fact, i think you should do it! Why not? Oh and before you do any test riding, please add me to your Life Insurance Policy, K?

Make the check payable to LGM, so that way when you jump on the missle, and make yourself a human projectile, I can feel warm and fuzzy when the check arrives!

Really?! You wrecked the 250, and now your gonna get something even more dangerous for you to possibly take out an innocent bystander? WOW man, WOW!

Old July 19th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #168
ARc
Revolver Wario

Name: Jeffrey

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250

Logo Dude
Edit: Criticism retracted. I think enough of the hive mind responded and he knows what the community consensus is on his decision.

Advice: Get another 250, used so you don't have to baby it. Learn how to take care of it. Learn how to take it apart. Learn how to put her back together. Learn how to ride it hard. She's one of the few ones that aren't happy unless she's over 6k RPM. It's like your practice girlfriend. All subsequent ones that follow generally need to be taken care of the same way, ridden the same way. Learn how to not ever need the brake and be able to carry yourself throughout the turn with nothing but applying throttle. If you're as smart as you say you are, if you follow a little bit of the hypermiling stuff in this forum, you can easily get 65+ MPG. That and insurance combined is a lot of money saved you can put toward track days and a good set of tools.

You can start thinking about moving up to a bigger bike when you can take a corner at 60+ mph. If you have to ask what kind of corner I'm talking about, you're not ready yet.

Old July 20th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #169
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
The 750 is less than 6k, and insurance is 1k a year. Not to mention the money I'll save on gas.
Just out of curiosity... what do you do at age 15 that you have over $7000 to spend on a motorcycle? That is a lot of money for someone your age. And are you not saving any money for college?

Old July 20th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #170
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELY1990 View Post
Just out of curiosity... what do you do at age 15 that you have over $7000 to spend on a motorcycle? That is a lot of money for someone your age. And are you not saving any money for college?
I already asked that and didn't get an answer. Mommy and daddy are probably the ones that got it.

Oh, and earlier in the thread he said his car insurance is $3000/yr. I lol'd heartily.

Old July 20th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #171
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

Quote:
Guys, i'm not going to lie, I got bored of my 2012 ninjette after a month. ... Of course the ninjette has its advantages but I feel as if the power wasn't enough. I'm going to pick up a Gixxer 750 or R1 after I come back from vacation in a month.
You can do what you want (or, it appears, what your parents will sign for). I grew up in Santa Barbara where there was no shortage of people who trashed beemers and more only to have their parents buy them new ones, so on the scale of things, you're not exactly shocking me with the $ here.

I'll just focus on your desire: you want to have the powerful bike experience.

I strongly recommend that, if you have the $ at your disposal, you give up on street riding *for now*. Instead, get a (used) race bike and gear and pony up for some track lessons. CA has no shortage of good facilities for motorcycle racing.

You'll get all the adrenaline you can stand without the risk of taking out someone's family or being taken out by a soccer mom at an intersection. Plus, with instruction, you'll probably turn out to be a much better rider.

At this point another street bike for you, 250 or 600 or 1000, is just IMO another accident waiting to happen. You're thinking of how you're bored, not how you can keep another crash, even (especially!) the other guy's fault, from happening. The cc in the bike is almost irrelevant.

Old July 20th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #172
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Please let this thread die . I think the punk should get a busa and add a turbo . What ever it takes to just make him GO AWAY.

Old July 20th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #173
lgk

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
Please let this thread die . I think the punk should get a busa and add a turbo . What ever it takes to just make him GO AWAY.
I thought you were going to suggest a 200shot nitrous kit, lol.

Old July 20th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #174
Racer x

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
He would not listen anyhow.

Old July 20th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #175
oreX
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2013 636 - ABS

In all honesty I dont think you should have even been on the 250. Its not a matter of skill with riding a motorcycle, its a matter of experience on the road. Damn dude, you said it yourself, you t-boned a car while running a yellow light. I mean cmon? Seriously? I think you need to spend some time in a cage and learn how the roads work before you jump on a super sport and try tearing up the streets.

Simply put, upgrading to a 600 is not going to improve your riding skills. You just get to go faster. Ask @saxnbass about how the 250 gets him on his cbr 600 in some of the twisties around here :P

If someone has stated this already then I apologize, as I havent spent the time to sift through the mountain of "its a bad ****ing idea" responses.

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #176
lgk

Quote:
He would not listen anyhow.
I'm thinking he would listen since the only thing he is concerned about is power.

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #177
Racer x

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Not power just attention . He does not know what power is.

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #178
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
I already asked that and didn't get an answer. Mommy and daddy are probably the ones that got it.

Oh, and earlier in the thread he said his car insurance is $3000/yr. I lol'd heartily.
$3000 a year for car insurance?! Good for him for being born to rich parents (or parents willing to pay an outrageous amount). I am jealous.

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #179
iplante
I ride like a granny

Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

Since OP is AWOL I think this thread should be left to die

Old July 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #180
espacef1fan
ninjette.org member

Name: ADAM

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R

Free way is a problem? Get a pregen...they have more top end...they arent tuned for midrange torque...haha

In all seriousness though...

Power and power delivery arent the ONLY issues with a supersport/bigger/heavier/more powerful bike......

-Insurance is a no brainer
-fuel economy. 40mpg or so sounds okay..unless you are used to 65mpg
-The brakes. Holy **** ...any proper sull on sportbike has very sensitive and powerful brakes....really easy to lock the front tire in a panic or lowside while learning trail braking...

-more weight/power ..this becomes a viscous cycle of getting to speed faster than intended and having more weight to deal with when figuring out what to do about it with a corner infront of you!

FINALLY!!!!!

NOONE ever mentions this!

Maintainance.

Chains will tolerate more asshattery on a lower power bike such as neglect. So you will generally sport a problem with your poor maintainance schedule before it causes a wreck.

The same is true for other stuff maintaince wise...

Old July 20th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #181
namdamyo
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r SE green/black

Quote:
I was talking about the ninja 250 on the freeway. It was not comfortable at all, and I was only on it for 5 minutes. Another thing is I have to roll on the throttle pretty hard to get it moving. If your goal is to make me look like i'm riding for looks than ok, I'll just say I am so that you can relax and stop posting in this thread.
I've done a lot of freeway riding, and what I have to say is that at first, it kinda sucks. It was almost scary the first couple times: you're not used to the bike running constantly around 8-9k, bumps bounce you around, you're tense...
After a couple times riding the route to my college (about an hour and a half all on freeways) I was a lot more comfortable, and even started passing cars (which I'm comfortable doing now). Sure I get a little sore around the 2 hour mark, but you don't have to ride that long. (I'm actually considering upgrading my seat to tour longer ^^)

I've already put about 2500mi on mine since august '11, and I'd say probably 3/4 of that was on freeways doing between 55 and 75. Like I said it took some getting used to, and revving higher is disconcerting at first, especially after riding in town where I'm usually between 5-7k.

I haven't ridden anything above 250cc yet, but the other day I got to sit on an r6, fz6r and cbr600rr. The fz6r was by far the most comfortable and most similar to the stock 250r. I think if you want a different bike, sport tourers like the fz6r, 650r, versys, ninja 500 and the like are something to look into. the new honda nc700x looks interesting as well and still very reasonable on power! (and apparently gets equal or higher mpg than the 250)

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #182
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
He hasn't been on the site since July 18th. RIP @robertkh100
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

Old July 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #183
I'm Fred
ninjette.org member

Name: Jiggles knows

Motorcycle(s): None yet :(

Robertkh100

Old July 20th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #184
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
He hasn't been on the site since July 18th. RIP @robertkh100
hahahha! He's most likely in the hospital. Did he state if he wears gear?

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #185
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

NOOOO!! Oh well I call dibs on his old bikes :P
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #186
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestp202 View Post
hahahha! He's most likely in the hospital. Did he state if he wears gear?
atgatt

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #187
lgk

I'm glad your ok, hows it going with the zx14 ninja?

Old July 20th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #188
Sigma.40
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 1999 "1000cc" ZX9R

Quote:
Anything more expensive than the 250 and I'd be flat broke. Tires for larger bikes wear out much faster and cost a lot more, you'll use more gas/higher octane which costs a lot more, maintenance intervals are much more often and more intensive on a larger bike compared to the 250. Unless you are prepared to work on a super sport (you aren't, you will **** everything up to holy high hell and have a bike totaled by your incompetence) by yourself you're going to be paying OUT THE ASS to bring it to a dealer to have it serviced. On a 250 you can let certain maintenance intervals stretch more miles. On a super sport bike not following the maintenance guidelines laid out by the manufacturer can cost you your life. Insurance for a super sport you DEFINITELY cannot afford. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by espacef1fan View Post
Power and power delivery arent the ONLY issues with a supersport/bigger/heavier/more powerful bike......

-The brakes. Holy **** ...any proper sull on sportbike has very sensitive and powerful brakes....really easy to lock the front tire in a panic or lowside while learning trail braking...

Maintainance.

Chains will tolerate more asshattery on a lower power bike such as neglect. So you will generally sport a problem with your poor maintainance schedule before it causes a wreck.
The same is true for other stuff maintaince wise...
Off topic- How would all that maintenence stuff compare to a large cruiser? Looking at getting either a 1500cc Vulcan or, if I can find one, a 1900cc Stratoliner soon (in addition to the Ninja) for better travelling and 2 up riding.

EDIT- I'm aware its a Ninja 250 forum but this thread reminded me that I was curious about this so I'm hoping someone knows.

Old July 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #189
C L
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2014 300

Troll or not, you guys are being awfully rude

Old July 20th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #190
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Busa or bust

Old July 20th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #191
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by C L View Post
Troll or not, you guys are being awfully rude
Its the only way to get through to a stubborn person

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #192
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
Its the only way to get through to a stubborn person
This is fact. Have you ever tried dealing with a 15 year old?

Old July 21st, 2012, 04:55 AM   #193
Sigma.40
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 1999 "1000cc" ZX9R

Quote:
This is fact. Have you ever tried dealing with a 15 year old?
I'm finding it hard to believe he's 15. With all of the Repooblik of Kalifornia's stupid laws and restrictions, can you really get a license and motorcycle endorsement at 15?

Old July 21st, 2012, 05:15 AM   #194
Racer x

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I find the whole thing a bit off.
Why would someone come on a bike forum and knock the bike. Then brag about how skilled and smart he is and how much money he has if he was not just trolling for attention ?
What do you want Robert? Do you want us to agree running a yellow light into the side of a car was not your fault?
Do you want us to tell you the bigger bike will be much better safer than the 250? What? You wrecked your 250 and don't want another one . Who cares? Go buy something else be careful. Stop back in and see us.

Old July 21st, 2012, 05:34 AM   #195
wvninjamom
ninjette.org member

Name: Robbie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R, 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager

I've been watching this thread since it started. So...here's where I show my age. As the mother of 7 boys over the age of 22, it's been my experience that he's gonna do what he wants to do. You can preach, lecture, try to lead by example, etc...but he's still gonna do what he wants - 'TIL HE LEARNS THE HARD WAY. Hopefully, he'll be able to walk away from the lesson.

And - if anyone knows how we can get OUR 24 year old to quit riding his R1 in flip flops and shorts, let me know. See what I mean

Old July 21st, 2012, 06:00 AM   #196
Racer x

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Show him a photo of some one with a knee torn off. Just for fun . Congrats on raising 7 boys . WOW

Old July 21st, 2012, 06:21 AM   #197
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Let your son eat sh!t off a bicycle. It will sink in that gear is needed on a motorcycle. Worked for me. (I'm 19 btw)
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 21st, 2012, 06:29 AM   #198
Racer x

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I raced bicycles before motorcycles. Going down in Spandex at 30 mph will definitely teach you what pain is. It is not the pain from hitting the ground. Sure that hurts . But using a brush to scrape gravel and dirt out of an open bleeding wound is when he will need his mommy.

Old July 21st, 2012, 08:20 AM   #199
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma.40 View Post
i'm finding it hard to believe he's 15. With all of the repooblik of kalifornia's stupid laws and restrictions, can you really get a license and motorcycle endorsement at 15?
15 1/2. (permit)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old July 21st, 2012, 08:54 AM   #200
lgk

Quote:
I raced bicycles before motorcycles. Going down in Spandex at 30 mph will definitely teach you what pain is. It is not the pain from hitting the ground. Sure that hurts . But using a brush to scrape gravel and dirt out of an open bleeding wound is when he will need his mommy.
The scraping hurts about the same as the shower next morning.

Safety gear allows a person to enjoy the sport for a longer period of time.
People that truly love what they do will not hesitate to wear it.

Closed Thread