ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM   #41
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
Your result for The Motorcycle Personality Test ...
Yamaha FJR1300

You scored 5 moxie, 10 zeal, and 5 pomp!

Yamaha FJR1300
You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.

You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?

Guilty!
I got the same thing. Not to shabby for me. I could live with a bike like that.

I plan a lot of my activities and trips around riding and am looking forward to my 2 1/2 week trip in September.

Old May 1st, 2009, 03:04 PM   #42
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
I'm under the impression that in the last several years Ducati have really turned around their reputation for quality, and now put out decent, reliable bikes. Is that not correct..?
They are worlds better now than they were; they were practically hand-built up through the mid-90's. Hand-built isn't a compliment in all cases. The superbike line especially has had teething issues for years and years, from the 851 - 916 - 996, along with the 748. Top performing, phenomenal styling & handling, but with very common faults that people wouldn't accept on a low-end japanese bike. They were designed to be competitive on the track, which may or may not translate into a well-rounded street machine. The less-stressed machines (air-cooled, monsters/st2's/SS) machines seem to last better than the higher-stressed superbike line (liquid-cooled, 4V, more extensive electronics, etc).

The 999 was a huge step forward in manufacturing for them, as well as overall reliability. The 1098 was yet another step in the right direction. Yet if you go to a Duc forum right now, you'll still find any number of posts like "why does my brand new bike stall at lights all the time?" or "why is my bike on its 3rd ECU in 800 miles?"

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2009, 03:24 PM   #43
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

http://www.helloquizzy.com/results/t...l=4&var_pomp=7

Aprilia RSV Mille
You scored 12 moxie, 4 zeal, and 7 pomp!

You're a fast and competent rider, but maybe not quite as good as you think you are. You've spent some big bucks on a sexy Aprilia, now go buy a beat-up Kawasaki EX500 as a track bike and get in some practice before you kill yourself.
Seriously. The Mille's power scares the crap out of you at times, and you mostly bought it because you wanted something more unusual than a Ducati. Its not comfortable, you're not having fun, and you're riding less than you did on your old bike. If you're not willing to put in some serious practice time, you should really get something a little less purposefully lethal.

(Is it just me, or is the bike way more attractive than the bimbo in the picture below? --iocaine)

-------------------

LOL
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2009, 04:35 PM   #44
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
One thing I noticed about the test is that the creator really has a hate-on for Harleys...
I don't know if its a hate thing but rather very little respect as the Harley venue is so over priced and is form over substance. While not a Harley fan myself I've met some real riders that know what they are doing and ride all over this wonderful country on a hog. That works for me and I have great respect for them. Makes no matter what one rides as long as they enjoy the experience.
Cheers, Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:54 PM   #45
KJohnson21
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

These are my results:

Yamaha FJR1300

You scored 4 moxie, 9 zeal, and 1 pomp!

That's interesting because I've been looking at that model since it came out. But, I guess I have a bias!

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #46
devinjc
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 205 Black

http://www.helloquizzy.com/results/t...=13&var_pomp=7

Your result for The Motorcycle Personality Test...
Ducati 996You scored 8 moxie, 13 zeal, and 7 pomp!The Motorcycle Personality Test at HelloQuizzy

Somehow I saw that coming.
devinjc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #47
nmd003
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250R

Yamaha FJR1300

You scored -1 moxie, 7 zeal, and 1 pomp!

Yamaha FJR1300
You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.

You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?

------------------------------

hey i'll take that as a compliment lol
nmd003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #48
squishedworm
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Unhappy hmm, I seemed to have scored a bit different

600cc Sportbike
You scored 6 moxie, 5 zeal, and 4 pomp!

You are a squid. Your bike is a 600cc Japanese Sportbike. Take your pick, it really doesn't matter, since you're going to wad it.
You are the primary source of extra bits of fairing plastic on eBay.

When you're riding in the mountains, you have a hard time keeping up with that Olde Pharte on a Triumph Thruxton without blowing the centerline in the twisties and going WFO on every straight. (You're not a bad rider, but you're just not as good as you think you are.)

On a hot day, you're likely to be seen weaving through highway traffic at warp speed, wearing sneakers and a t-shirt blowing up your back.

The good news for you is that this is a temporary phase in your riding career. You will either (a) buzzsplat or (b) become more acutely conscious of your own mortality after a few minor but eye-openingly lucky crashes.

Take it to the track. You'll live longer.

I guess I should practice on the Ninja 250 a bit more?
squishedworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #49
tlhamon
ninjette.org member

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

Ducati ST4S

Old May 6th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #50
Jiu Jitsu Player
Live 2 Ride Forced 2 Work

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 RED 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
http://www.helloquizzy.com/results/t...l=4&var_pomp=7

Aprilia RSV Mille
You scored 12 moxie, 4 zeal, and 7 pomp!

You're a fast and competent rider, but maybe not quite as good as you think you are. You've spent some big bucks on a sexy Aprilia, now go buy a beat-up Kawasaki EX500 as a track bike and get in some practice before you kill yourself.
Seriously. The Mille's power scares the crap out of you at times, and you mostly bought it because you wanted something more unusual than a Ducati. Its not comfortable, you're not having fun, and you're riding less than you did on your old bike. If you're not willing to put in some serious practice time, you should really get something a little less purposefully lethal.

(Is it just me, or is the bike way more attractive than the bimbo in the picture below? --iocaine)

-------------------

LOL
Those were exactly my results!

www.7milesdown.com
Jiu Jitsu Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2009, 06:16 AM   #51
sm0kediver
one disaster at a time

Name: Jody

Motorcycle(s): EX250J9

You scored 5 moxie, 6 zeal, and -3 pomp!

I'd take that bike
sm0kediver is offline   Reply With Quote