ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Old September 23rd, 2014, 09:44 PM   #1
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Leaving again!

......not really though. I can't leave ninjette!

But I did get a 'new' motorcycle. Don't worry, I'm also going to try my best to keep my KLX250. Too much fun to sell. So let's get down with it. I got me a 2003 Suzuki SV650S for $2500 with 26k miles. What a bike! All the power one could need for the street.

Stay tuned for more info and pics tomorrow! Maybe, if I'm not too busy riding.

Last futzed with by Jono; September 24th, 2014 at 05:18 PM.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 09:45 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13

In for the pics and fun!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2014, 02:25 AM   #3
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Congrats on the new bike. Those 650s have lots of torque and are supposed to be great street and track bikes.

It's a bike I have wanted to try for awhile. But the used places have no rides allowed so I never have. There are few bikes on my wish list and the SV is at the top.

And it seems to be the ultimate project bike too. You can leave it as is or change out tons of stuff - great bike in either form. Full GSXR front end...
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:46 AM   #4
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Congrats on the SV. That an the 400SM are the only two bikes from Suzuki I have ever really cared for. Love that they can be nearly all things to all different riders. Enjoy and keep the rubber side down.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2014, 10:30 AM   #5
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

I used to say my 500 was all the power you'd ever need for the street. Then I rode the 919 and found out what REAL torque is like haha. Jk, I'm sure the SV is plenty fine for most riding conditions, now that I think about it I have actually ridden one just up and down the street a couple of times so not really enough to have an opinion, but it felt pretty grunty. I'm sure an SV feels like a rocket coming from a klx250 though. The SV aftermarket is the best part. I'd love to own one, a fully faired model with GSXR suspension front and rear. Or a first gen naked, the lines are just so clean on them. Have fun with your new toy!
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2014, 11:21 AM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Update that profile!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:03 PM   #7
Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
Congrats on the SV. That an the 400SM are the only two bikes from Suzuki I have ever really cared for. Love that they can be nearly all things to all different riders. Enjoy and keep the rubber side down.
Thanks! Yeah I used to only care for the DRZ400SM as well but could never find a decent used one so I settled for my KLX. I was never really interested in the SV's for some reason. I always thought I'd get like an FZ6 or something when I felt the need for more power. And I tell myself that I am for sure never going to own a GSXR but maybe that will change someday as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiKid860 View Post
I used to say my 500 was all the power you'd ever need for the street. Then I rode the 919 and found out what REAL torque is like haha. Jk, I'm sure the SV is plenty fine for most riding conditions, now that I think about it I have actually ridden one just up and down the street a couple of times so not really enough to have an opinion, but it felt pretty grunty. I'm sure an SV feels like a rocket coming from a klx250 though. The SV aftermarket is the best part. I'd love to own one, a fully faired model with GSXR suspension front and rear. Or a first gen naked, the lines are just so clean on them. Have fun with your new toy!
The SV is no Ninja 500! But it may too have all the power that you need. But forget needs, most people want wants. Haha. And yes, it is a rocket compared to a single cylinder 250. Not as light and flick-able but definitely fast. I have a friend of a friend who used to race a first gen with a GSXR front end and an ohlins rear. I've heard great things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Update that profile!
Done!

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:06 PM   #8
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
So tell me. Does it power wheelie? 'Allegedly'... Of course
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #9
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Nice find
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #10
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
it's a bad idea to wheelie an sv650, you'll starve the front piston of oil and bam bad things happen

Old September 24th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #11
Jono

Here she is!!! It's not in the bestest condition but for it being 11 years old with 26k miles I think it looks alright. It definitely sounds amazing! Youtube clips of these bikes don't do them justice. Mine has a Yoshimura slip-on which makes sexy noises! When I first started riding I thought that nothing could sound better than an Inline-4 supersport. And then I thought nothing could sound better than a triple. Well, when I first test rode this bike, I just fell in love with the sounds that a V-twin makes. That deep, throaty, powerful, growl that it makes is just beautiful. The only other 650 that I have ridden was an 09 Ninja 650, which is an okay bike but nowhere near as fun as the SV's. They also just sound like a big Ninja 250 which is kinda lame.

So this bike also came with side fairings (obviously not on the bike right now) because they are rashed up a bit and I like the look without them. I may slap them on to see how they look but idk yet. Too busy riding the thing. It also has a new chain and sprockets with the rear sprocket having a few more teeth than what came on it stock.

As far as power goes. This bike has it. Haha. A big reason why I picked the SV over say an FZ6, was the torque! The SV's are the perfect do it all bikes, track days, commuting, long distance. They will do it effortlessly. And they are cheap to insure and maintain! Is there a better bike for the price? I don't think so.

Ummmm, that's it for now.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #12
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
So tell me. Does it power wheelie? 'Allegedly'... Of course
It will lift the front wheel a little bit when I really get on it. Haven't really tried too hard but I think it will be pretty easy to get small power wheelies. I'll keep you updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
it's a bad idea to wheelie an sv650, you'll starve the front piston of oil and bam bad things happen
That's what I hear. Good thing I don't plan on riding out wheelies. Just the occasionally power wheelie will satisfy me.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #13
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
just as I'm seriously considering a sumo (even have the bait dangled in front of a potential buyer to get rid of the ninjette) Jono just goes out and ruins it all with another sport bike

Old September 24th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #14
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
just as I'm seriously considering a sumo (even have the bait dangled in front of a potential buyer to get rid of the ninjette) Jono just goes out and ruins it all with another sport bike
Oh man! Okay definitely get the SUMO! Nothing is more fun for around town riding. But if you do any sort of long rides and interstate rides they obviously suck.

My advice: Get the SUMO now and add an SV to your collection later.

Reason I got the SV is mainly for interstate commuting. I recently got an internship and in order for me to get there the quickest way I have to take the interstate. And since commuting by car sucks ass and the KLX tops out around 85 I needed a bike capable of handling the interstate speeds. People in this city go way over the posted speed limit so riding the KLX on the interstate is sketchy. That was my excuse to get it anyways.

Old September 24th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #15
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
So this bike also came with side fairings (obviously not on the bike right now) because they are rashed up a bit and I like the look without them. I may slap them on to see how they look but idk yet. Too busy riding the thing. It also has a new chain and sprockets with the rear sprocket having a few more teeth than what came on it stock.

As far as power goes. This bike has it. Haha. A big reason why I picked the SV over say an FZ6, was the torque! The SV's are the perfect do it all bikes, track days, commuting, long distance. They will do it effortlessly. And they are cheap to insure and maintain! Is there a better bike for the price? I don't think so.

Ummmm, that's it for now.
Congrats.

If you plan to do high speed interstate riding, you may want to change that gearing. I added 1T to the countershaft sprocket to drop the cruise RPMs by 500, running about 5500 at 75 MPH, which puts it at a nice smooth spot. It felt too nervous with the stock gearing, and there's no need to spin it fast anyway - there's plenty of torque to pull taller gearing.

I've had a 2nd gen SV (F.I. like yours) since 2006, and just picked up a 2000 1st gen last month.

Overall a great street bike that can do almost anything with a few mods.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #16
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Congrats.

If you plan to do high speed interstate riding, you may want to change that gearing. I added 1T to the countershaft sprocket to drop the cruise RPMs by 500, running about 5500 at 75 MPH, which puts it at a nice smooth spot. It felt too nervous with the stock gearing, and there's no need to spin it fast anyway - there's plenty of torque to pull taller gearing.

I've had a 2nd gen SV (F.I. like yours) since 2006, and just picked up a 2000 1st gen last month.

Overall a great street bike that can do almost anything with a few mods.
Thanks!

Since I am so used to riding 250's, the SV on the interstate even with it's current gearing is still 10x better than a screaming 250. Haha. But If I do decide I'd like to lower the RPM's some I'll definitely look into that.

Old September 24th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #17
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Thanks!

Since I am so used to riding 250's, the SV on the interstate even with it's current gearing is still 10x better than a screaming 250. Haha. But If I do decide I'd like to lower the RPM's some I'll definitely look into that.
Look around on www.svrider.com if you haven't already.

The stock gearing for a "S" model like yours is 15/46. Mine, a "N" model, was 15/45. I'm now running 16/45.

Because of the large amount of torque available at moderate RPMs, there's very little reason to gear a SV down. That's especially true if you do a good amount of highway riding.

It cruises noticeably smoother below 6000 RPMs.

Old September 25th, 2014, 06:08 AM   #18
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Bike looks good man, keep the thread updated with your journey.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2014, 06:26 AM   #19
Roark
ninjette.org sage

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninjette

How's the mpg on it?

Memphis interstates can be pretty daunting for the Ninjette.. SV seems like a practical addition for interstate commuting.

Old September 25th, 2014, 06:51 AM   #20
jkv45
Rev Limiter

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
How's the mpg on it?

Memphis interstates can be pretty daunting for the Ninjette.. SV seems like a practical addition for interstate commuting.
I'll chime in on that -

The SV does amazing on gas. My F.I. version (2nd gen) gets about 55 MPG on the hwy at 70+ running a +1T countershaft sprocket and ethanol-free 87 octane (it makes a difference). Best I've seen has been 62 from moderate backroad riding. And mine is the model without a fairing, and I have taller handlebars. It holds over 5 gal of gas, so the range is substantial. Later versions (2007 and above) have dual-plug heads, and may do even better.

In town or on short trips it still gets about 50 MPG when riding normally, which usually means shifting in the 6000 - 7000 RPM range. Not much need to shift higher unless you are in a hurry.

Old September 25th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #21
Roark
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
I'll chime in on that -

The SV does amazing on gas. My F.I. version (2nd gen) gets about 55 MPG on the hwy at 70+ running a +1T countershaft sprocket and ethanol-free 87 octane (it makes a difference). Best I've seen has been 62 from moderate backroad riding. And mine is the model without a fairing, and I have taller handlebars. It holds over 5 gal of gas, so the range is substantial. Later versions (2007 and above) have dual-plug heads, and may do even better.

In town or on short trips it still gets about 50 MPG when riding normally, which usually means shifting in the 6000 - 7000 RPM range. Not much need to shift higher unless you are in a hurry.

Good information.. Thank you much

Old September 25th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #22
Roark
ninjette.org sage

@Jono, wondering.. Did you see the blue one in Jonesboro?

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/mcy/4655911002.html

Old September 25th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #23
Jono

Yeah I haven't used a whole tank yet so I can't say what kind of mileage I'm getting.

Quote:
@Jono, wondering.. Did you see the blue one in Jonesboro?

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/mcy/4655911002.html

I did see that, but didn't even consider it. I wanted the sporty faired version. And at least an 03 because of the looks and fuel injection.

Old September 25th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #24
MrAtom

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
What's this neat little tank bra thing called? I like it.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #25
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
What's this neat little tank bra thing called? I like it.
No idea as it came on the bike when I bought it. At first I thought I would remove it but after riding the bike I like it. At least until I can get some TechSpec tank pads.

Old September 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #26
Roark
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
No idea as it came on the bike when I bought it. At first I thought I would remove it but after riding the bike I like it. At least until I can get some TechSpec tank pads.

Hopefully that thing doesn't prematurely wear the paint.

Old September 25th, 2014, 05:00 PM   #27
Jono

@Roark It shouldn't anymore than wearing pants while riding. It's very soft fabric contacting the paint.

Old September 25th, 2014, 09:18 PM   #28
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

Welcome to club v twin. Good score. 2500 sounds like a bargain to me.
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2014, 02:58 AM   #29
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^ because you're from the land of unreasonably expensive motorcycles

Old September 28th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #30
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Awesome!!!! Congrats!

I also went from a ninja 250 to a 2003 SV650S--->N
Here is mine, I got it with 10k miles (it has 12,500 now and needed nothing as of yet, not even a chain adjustment), lowered, Yoshi slip on, frame sliders and stainless brake lines and R title for $2200 so I'd say you got a great deal too.

They do sound phenomenal and have sooo much low RPM power... I've ridden gixxers, zx6, street triple 675, 650r, z750, monster 696 and the SV is the most fun out of all of them!

Enjoy!

...sorry, I still dont know how to up-right these photos...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FRA_0841.jpg (106.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg FRA_0812.jpg (104.9 KB, 9 views)
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 28th, 2014, 01:01 PM   #31
Roark
ninjette.org sage

Hmm.. Did you consider the FZ6 when researching?

Old September 29th, 2014, 05:06 PM   #32
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
Awesome!!!! Congrats!

Here is mine, I got it with 10k miles (it has 12,500 now and needed nothing as of yet, not even a chain adjustment), lowered, Yoshi slip on, frame sliders and stainless brake lines and R title for $2200 so I'd say you got a great deal too.

They do sound phenomenal and have sooo much low RPM power... I've ridden gixxers, zx6, street triple 675, 650r, z750, monster 696 and the SV is the most fun out of all of them!

Enjoy!

Thanks! I am very happy with my purchase so far. Only thing that makes me a little mad is the fact that the forks are slowly leaking oil. Dude I bought it from said he replaced the seals very recently so I may ask him a few questions about that. Haha. And they weren't leaking before or after my test ride on it. And no, I haven't done any wheelies that would blow the seals. My guess is he either put too much oil in the forks or bought new cheap seals that don't work. But it's not a big deal. I can get new OEM seals for pretty cheap.

Your bike looks good! You really prefer it over a Street Triple, huh?! I really want one of those someday. Never ridden one though.

Quote:
Hmm.. Did you consider the FZ6 when researching?
I did! For the longest time I though the FZ6 would be my next bike. But I could never find a used one in good shape and for the right price. Plus I decided against getting an Inline 4 because you have to rev them up to get decent power out of em. Which isn't always possible riding around town. The SV feels like it has torque everywhere in the rev range. Also, after looking at FZ's online all the time they started to look less appealing to me. I love their rear ends, but I hate the handlebars. The SV650S has a much more sporty seating position. Which I like but others may not. I actually find leaning over on sport bikes more comfy than sitting upright like on my KLX. I also went for the SV because I would like to someday start doing track days and the SV is the perfect bike for that. And the guy I bought it from is a trackday junkie so he said he would haul my bike to the track for me when I decide I want to start! I'm aiming for this Spring! But maybe I'll go sooner!

Old September 30th, 2014, 07:48 PM   #33
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:
Awesome!!!! Congrats!

Enjoy!

Thanks! I am very happy with my purchase so far. Only thing that makes me a little mad is the fact that the forks are slowly leaking oil. Dude I bought it from said he replaced the seals very recently so I may ask him a few questions about that. Haha. And they weren't leaking before or after my test ride on it. And no, I haven't done any wheelies that would blow the seals. My guess is he either put too much oil in the forks or bought new cheap seals that don't work. But it's not a big deal. I can get new OEM seals for pretty cheap.

Your bike looks good! You really prefer it over a Street Triple, huh?! I really want one of those someday. Never ridden one though.
Fork seals aren't bad if you know how to do them. But they're expensive to get done at a shop.

I rode a 2012 street triple 675 the other day for work and it had a bent rotor and a sticking throttle so maybe it wasn't the best example. It's super lightweight, easy to handle, and comfortable. It goes like 99392 mph in 2nd gear, you never have to use any other gears on the street.. and it doesn't feel like it's going that fast, but it is. It just doesn't have a lot of character imo.... I'm not a big fan of the whistling motor noise. It just does what it's supposed to do, it goes, it stops, it turns, but it's pretty 'quiet', didn't have much to say, know what I mean? The SV has TONS of personality. But maybe that's just cause I'm getting to know mine pretty well.
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2014, 09:23 PM   #34
Roark
ninjette.org sage

@Jono, track day junkie, you say?

Where does he ride?

Old October 1st, 2014, 04:05 PM   #35
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
Fork seals aren't bad if you know how to do them. But they're expensive to get done at a shop.

I rode a 2012 street triple 675 the other day for work and it had a bent rotor and a sticking throttle so maybe it wasn't the best example. It's super lightweight, easy to handle, and comfortable. It goes like 99392 mph in 2nd gear, you never have to use any other gears on the street.. and it doesn't feel like it's going that fast, but it is. It just doesn't have a lot of character imo.... I'm not a big fan of the whistling motor noise. It just does what it's supposed to do, it goes, it stops, it turns, but it's pretty 'quiet', didn't have much to say, know what I mean? The SV has TONS of personality. But maybe that's just cause I'm getting to know mine pretty well.
I'm not too worried about changing the fork seals myself as there are plenty of write-ups on how to do it. Seems pretty straight forward. I just need to get a cheap front head stand to lift up the front end. I'm not ghetto enough to use a ladder to support the front of the bike.

I see what you're saying. I'd like to ride one myself and see how I feel about it. I think it would be the perfect street bike. Would have to have an exhaust system though.

Quote:
@Jono, track day junkie, you say?

Where does he ride?
Yup. He mentioned he was going to Barber Motorsports Park on the 18th & 19th of this month. And he also mentioned he goes to Road Atlanta. He also runs a bike shop here in Memphis called CycleLogic. I had never heard of it till I went to look at the SV. He also sells bikes for people who trade in bikes for bikes that he has in his showroom. Kinda interesting. His track bike was an 07+ R6 which looked pretty sweet. He was also working on a 05 ZX636 track bike the day I got the SV.

Old November 23rd, 2014, 05:58 PM   #36
Jono

Unhappy ~Updates~

I guess an update is overdue.

Put on just less than 500 miles since owning. Never had ANY issues with the transmission or shifting during this time. And last month on my way to work it's true colors showed. I was riding for about 8 minutes. No problem. Then I take off from a red light. Go into second gear, then 3rd. No problems. Try to go into 4th. No luck. Try to go back down a gear. No luck. It's stuck in 3rd gear. Got it home riding 3rd.

Later.. Pull off the clutch cover and remove clutch in order to see if it has something to do with the shift star or other mechanisms in there.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Determined it is an internal issue. Which requires the engine to be dropped and completely torn down in order to see what is going on in the transmission. Asked on some other forums if this is a common thing. Doesn't seem to be all that common. But the folks over on the WERA forum have had problems with SV transmissions. Apparently the transmissions are the weak point of these bikes.

Flash forward to today. I finally got the engine dropped out of the bike. Next step is to tear it down so I can find out what failed in the transmission.

How the bike sits, as of today.

Hopefully I can get into the engine soon. May have to wait a few weeks until I graduate from college. Need to finish strong. Haha

Old November 23rd, 2014, 06:25 PM   #37
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Haha it's amazing how much different a "real" sportbike frame looks. BTW I know you are at a low point emotionally with this bike now, but just remember that sh*t happens.

Last year after I bought my Husa 450 I dropped a nut in the intake and tried to start the bike after that without knowing... Obviously chaos ensued and I was pretty bummed, especially since I had caused it.

But I didn't let it beat me and I tore the whole bike down plus the top end of the engine to get it fixed.

After that I rode the bike all summer with no problems. Now I'm confident that if any other problems occur in the future I'll be able to tackle them because I know the bike inside out. Just like you will be with your 650.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2014, 06:35 PM   #38
Roark
ninjette.org sage

Good luck with the fix up, man.. I know how tough they can be!!

Old November 23rd, 2014, 07:30 PM   #39
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamunky85 View Post
Haha it's amazing how much different a "real" sportbike frame looks. BTW I know you are at a low point emotionally with this bike now, but just remember that sh*t happens.

After that I rode the bike all summer with no problems. Now I'm confident that if any other problems occur in the future I'll be able to tackle them because I know the bike inside out. Just like you will be with your 650.
I know right! But don't be too jealous of my real frame. There is a lot to be said about the ninja 250's frame. Swapping the ninja 250's motor was much less of a task.

And I am definitely at a low point with this bike. It's always a risk getting a used bike, but for something like this to happen, is just out of the ordinary. Having said that, I don't think I'll ever buy a Suzuki again. I'm learning that I'm not a fan of how they build bikes.

You are right. When I get this thing back together it will be nice knowing that I know pretty much everything about the bike.

Quote:
Good luck with the fix up, man.. I know how tough they can be!!
Thanks. It will definitely be an experience.

Old November 23rd, 2014, 10:17 PM   #40
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

This is not what I was expecting to read! Very sorry about what you are having to deal with.

At least you can do it yourself and not pay too much to get it worked on. And you will be very familiar with the bike after all the work you do on it.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote