ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old September 12th, 2015, 05:44 PM   #1
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kurgan

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Looking for an exhaust heat shield.

After putting the TBR full pipe on that didn't come with a heat shield, the heel of my right foot starts getting cooked after riding for 10 minutes or more and it just doesn't feel right moving my foot forward on the pegs.

Does anybody know of a heat shield that will fit the Two Brothers exhaust, preferably in real carbon fiber?
Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2015, 01:08 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2015, 07:44 AM   #3
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

A quick Google search found this. May not be carbon fiber, but is similar to what came with my Jardine RT-5, secured by standard worm gear hose clamps on the underside for a clean finish.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/un...MhQ&kpid=88113

Let us know if you find anything else!

Old September 17th, 2015, 07:28 PM   #4
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

This isn't looking good. I went to Bates #2 today and the only stuff in their catalogs were stainless steel and aluminum in different colors and shapes.

Between the Kawi dealership and Bates all I got besides the generic fugly metal heat shield options were suggestions of exhaust wrapping tape just on that last section of the pipe which I want to avoid if possible.

Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:58 PM   #5
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Name: Butch

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmbShn41 View Post
A quick Google search found this. May not be carbon fiber, but is similar to what came with my Jardine RT-5, secured by standard worm gear hose clamps on the underside for a clean finish.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/un...MhQ&kpid=88113

Let us know if you find anything else!
I have a similar heat shield on my 250, but it's a Targa.. When I put my Musarri pipe on, I noticed an increase in the heat on my heel, so picked up the Targa product.. The only downside is that the clamp that came with it was too small, so I just rigged two clamps together and it works fine..
FBR_BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2015, 07:14 PM   #6
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

Since it's going to be next to impossible to find something in Carbon Fiber that's actually going to fit and look right, I just had an idea, how about this???

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/271829...-1/s-l1000.jpg

I saw something similar to that at Bates #2, but it's made for 2 stroke off-road bikes, and I think it's made more for protecting the pipe than it is to guard against heat. It's over a foot long so I could cut it to fit for length.

Maybe rig that up so it sits just off the surface of the pipe, and paint it with the matte black high temperature barbecue grill paint. It will stand out against the stainless pipe.

It's somewhat flexible, so I could bend it and twist it so it follows the bends of the pipe so it will look like it was made for it.

I could also get some of the same heat shield material that's inside the stock fairings in a self-stick form so it would actually reflect heat back toward the pipe.