wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post
Rumor has it, you got on the back of a green and black liter bike
LOL

well it definitely looked like a literbike. i don't think i made a very good back-pack, though. at least i didn't have to do it again last weekend

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:02 PM   #42
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Didn't we just have this thread before? Why are we starting all over again?

I love my pregen. I'm not going to trade it in. But a bigger bike could be more fun. See, I'm an acellaholic. Doing 0-60 in 6 seconds is starting to seem slow to me. Just the other day, a Corvette was able to keep up with me. Embarrassing.

A lot of people have made some good points for and against, but in the end, I'll probably keep my pregen.
my friend's ZR1 smokes me like honey badger smokes the grass. every time i feel so ashamed

Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:13 PM   #43
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

well maybe the heavier riders should lose some weight >.> jk jk its your life :P but hey if you have a little extra fatness maybe good to lose a bit bigger bike or not. ;]

Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:20 PM   #44
Powerlogix
ninjette.org member

Name: Binh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250

i think the problem is not people wanting to upgrade to a larger bike but that some people make excuses about why they need to upgrade. If you want to go bigger just DO IT!!!
Powerlogix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:28 PM   #45
heylookitsfranco
ninjette.org member

Name: Franco

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2006 Ninja 636

what do you care if someone wants a little more power? I personally want something with a little more so I'm not shifting like crazy when i'm running to the store around the corner. I like revving up the bike every now and again, but I gotta take it to 8k in three or four gears just to go from stop light to stop light. Do I want a literbike? noo lol. I'll take a cruiser--something with more torques to get me around with less drama. the vulcan 900 appeals to me because peak torque happens at what would be just above idle for our bikes.
buuuut beggars can't be choosers, and I'm broke, so I guess I'll be dramatic on my pretty little ninjette. hahaha

Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:57 PM   #46
austinm911
ninjette.org member

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Of course there's people out there who like more power. That's why Ducati, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Mclaren, etc. are in business!
austinm911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:58 PM   #47
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinm911 View Post
Of course there's people out there who like more power. That's why Ducati, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Mclaren, etc. are in business!
You forgot Bugatti.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:00 PM   #48
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
my friend's ZR1 smokes me like honey badger smokes the grass. every time i feel so ashamed
A ZX-14 could still kick his grass.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:02 PM   #49
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Quote:
A ZX-14 could still kick his grass.
How about the Hayagoosa?

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:04 PM   #50
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren13 View Post
Whoah, what?

Is that rider choice or mechanical limits of your bike?
Rider choice. I believe the ER-6n tops out somewhere around 130 or so. My 250 wouldn't go faster than 101, lying down, feet on the back pegs, according to the GPS. I think the speedo read closer to 110. I'm betting on the GPS on this one... I tried it once, not long after I got the 250. I really haven't tried, nor do I intend to try, topping out the 650. 20-70 MPH is more important to me, anyways. Anything above 85 MPH or so on the naked bike and the wind beats the crap out of me. So I tend to cruise along at 70-75 or so.

Let me clarify, now that I'm on a keyboard and not a phone:

What I really wanted to point out was that I enjoy having more power, even though I don't use it for higher speeds. That whole "who needs to go above 100 MPH statement?" is a bit ridiculous, if you think about it. After all, a Ninja 250 will easily get to 85 MPH, it's not like anyone needs to even go that fast, right? Should we all trade in our bikes for Honda Nighthawk 250s and Kawi Eliminator 125s?

Furthermore, it's not like a bike with a higher power to weight ratio accelerates the same to 70 then and then takes off! 65 horsepower is more fun than 33 when accelerating off a light with no cars near you. In traffic, the 250 was plenty capable of ramming me into most cars in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlogix View Post
i think the problem is not people wanting to upgrade to a larger bike but that some people make excuses about why they need to upgrade. If you want to go bigger just DO IT!!!
Truth. Nothing wrong with this.

One thing to keep in mind, getting a different bike doesn't always have to mean getting a bigger one. There are a handful of folks on here who got a 250 after having larger bikes. There are folks who trade or sell their 250's and get a bike with similar power or even less. But there is a phenomenon of peer pressure to go bigger every time.

That, and going bigger isn't always an upgrade! Compare apples to apples. For example: my Ninja 250 was the top of the 1/4 liter bike heap in 2008. There was no other bike in its class with the performance, handling and styling that was it's equivalent. The ER-6n is a middleweight standard. I like it, but it's not at the top of it's little heap, particularly in the U.S. It was so popular that it was discontinued here, and I bought mine as a brand new 2 year old leftover at a deep discount. So, did I "upgrade" or did I get a bigger bike? The biggest driver for my decision was that I ride 2-up a few times a week with my son, and it wasn't fun on the 250. Yes, before I hear how terrific 250's are at riding 2-up, it worked adequately. It just wasn't fun. So I got a bike that was lower in compared to its peers than the 250. Meh!

I was in a dealership today with the guy I work with looking at bikes. We weren't buying, just looking. He has a 2011 Versys, similar in power to mine. We both agree that the Z1000 kicks much ass. And we both come to the same conclusion, neither wants to pay that much for one new, and neither one of us wants to have a bike that gets MPG in the 30s (he traded his Mean Streak for the Versys with MPG being one reason.) To tell the truth, I'll get bored of the ER in 3-4 years, it happens. But honestly, it's got plenty of power to do what I want. I may get a different bike, but I doubt I'll get a larger one like the Z1000.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:38 PM   #51
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
Just the other day, a Corvette was able to keep up with me. Embarrassing.
An old Corvette, something was wrong with it, or he wasn't trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusninja View Post
well maybe the heavier riders should lose some weight >.> jk jk its your life :P but hey if you have a little extra fatness maybe good to lose a bit bigger bike or not. ;]
Please tell me how exactly to do that. If I were some overweight couch potato that might be possible. Most of the students I've had over the years have referred to me as a professional wrestler or an NFL linebacker. I'm not 270 because of fat, I'm 270 because of muscle density.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlogix View Post
I agree with this. Some people do make excuses about upgrading. I kept my 250 for as long as I felt I needed it to get the skills I desired to have.

But acceleration was always lacking for me personally, and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't one of the reasons I wanted another bike. I was going to install an Area P exhaust and a jet kit, but then my wife and I got our driveway paved and I used the mod money for that. I happened on the ZX a bit later and I got a solid deal and good trade for the Ninjette, so I bought the ZX.

I still don't think making a thread about "Don't make excuses or you will get flamed" is productive. I am even more shocked by it being almost40 who started it, because he is a respected member of this community. I normally agree with him on many issues. This is one where I don't. I feel this thread has done nothing but start another 250 vs. SS debate.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:45 PM   #52
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
I still don't think making a thread about "Don't make excuses or you will get flamed" is productive. I am even more shocked by it being almost40 who started it, because he is a respected member of this community. I normally agree with him on many issues. This is one where I don't. I feel this thread has done nothing but start another 250 vs. SS debate.
I don't think that was tone at all. See excerpted below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
DO NOT give the excuse that the 250 cant be safely ridden on the highway as its too underpowered
Secondly
Dont make the statement that you may need the power of a bigger bike to "get yourself out of trouble".
I think he's right on both counts. The 250 can be ridden safely on the highway, and you don't need the power of a bigger bike to get out of trouble.

For most.

That said, there are always exceptions. But take the spirit of what he was saying and work with it.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM   #53
illmental
ninjette.org member

Name: Bobby

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Blah.. I'm selling my Civic and buying a Lambo.. this little Civic can't get me into.. err... I mean out of trouble quick enough!

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:58 PM   #54
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

I agree on both counts, Bill. My 250R did 85 mph all day long, no problem. So, yes, saying you need more power for the interstate is a horrible and potentially deadly excuse.

Same deal with the power. It is almost always better to brake than to accelerate out of a bad situation. The better choice of course is to ride defensively, being aware of traffic and staying focused, and avoid having to brake at all.

I still feel though, that the title of the thread and its tone, which included several all-caps words, was unnecessary. The problem with reality is that it is based in perception. I perceived his original post as a bit negative and fanning the flames. Now people have come in here, reading the thread, and it is starting to turn into another 250 VS thread and there is simply no right or wrong answer to a thread like that and they simply become pointless.

I'm out unless someone quotes me directly and I feel I need to clarify. Have fun. I should not have responded in the first place.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM   #55
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
An old Corvette, something was wrong with it, or he wasn't trying.

Please tell me how exactly to do that. If I were some overweight couch potato that might be possible. Most of the students I've had over the years have referred to me as a professional wrestler or an NFL linebacker. I'm not 270 because of fat, I'm 270 because of muscle density.

I agree with this. Some people do make excuses about upgrading. I kept my 250 for as long as I felt I needed it to get the skills I desired to have.

But acceleration was always lacking for me personally, and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't one of the reasons I wanted another bike. I was going to install an Area P exhaust and a jet kit, but then my wife and I got our driveway paved and I used the mod money for that. I happened on the ZX a bit later and I got a solid deal and good trade for the Ninjette, so I bought the ZX.

The point of the thread was to keep things a little more civil.
I HAVE flamed over this issue and dont do it anymore. Hindsight is 20/20.
I dont really care if you need or want a bigger bike. (I have one)
My only goal with this thread was to WARN others that my original 2 statements seem to start a $hitstorm every time they are posted.
It was a warning if you will...... Dont say this unless your prepared to be flamed to a crisp.

Thats it......that was my only intention.
All the BS (yes I called it BS Cynical) after my first post proves that it is an issue that will be contested with vigor.
Your allowed to make any "excuse" you please. 95% of the reasons people give for a bigger bike purchase go unnoticed, they get congratulated asked for pics and then move on.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 07:24 PM   #56
almost40

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:

I'm out unless someone quotes me directly and I feel I need to clarify. Have fun. I should not have responded in the first place.
Your response is welcome anytime. If you dont clarify your position the worst will be assumed.
God only knows that to be the TRUTH here on the internet.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 07:38 PM   #57
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
Your response is welcome anytime. If you dont clarify your position the worst will be assumed.
God only knows that to be the TRUTH here on the internet.
So you started this thread as a joke? You know, I forgot to laugh. I will not be taking your ramblings seriously from now on
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 07:50 PM   #58
almost40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toly View Post
So you started this thread as a joke? You know, I forgot to laugh. I will not be taking your ramblings seriously from now on
At what point did I say it was a joke??
I HAVE started threads that were a "joke" more like a pun or a friendly jab at someone I knew would percieve it as a joke.
Thats not the case here.
Sorry you feel that way. It really hurts my feelings........NOT

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:00 PM   #59
rusninja

Quote:
Thats why i said if you have extra fat it be good to lose a bit. I understand that some people have high muscle density thats why i put The extra fat im not trying to say people should go losing all their weight just if theyre over weight maybe its a good thing for them to think of geting some exersize.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:13 PM   #60
Buffalony

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

me and my gf together weight 325ish. the ninjette does fine up steep hills. Stop being lazy....Downshift!!

Edit: Actually closer to 340Lbs Then figure gear and full back pack. No problems besides having to down shift and give some gas.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:39 PM   #61
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalony View Post
Stop being lazy....Downshift!!
But I don't wanna shift! It confuses me. I just want to twist the throttle to change speed.

Does anyone know why it's so hard to get to first gear when I stop? And it's almost impossible to find neutral. Why is shifting so confusing!?!

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:45 PM   #62
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Well... in any case. We have a minor shitstorm, over nothing. As usual...

So the whole point of the thread was to identify 2 statements that rile people up? Done.

Let's say we end it and leave it at that. Everyone OK with this?

Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:22 PM   #63
almost40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
Well... in any case. We have a minor shitstorm, over nothing. As usual...

So the whole point of the thread was to identify 2 statements that rile people up? Done.

Let's say we end it and leave it at that. Everyone OK with this?
Ya got my vote.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:36 PM   #64
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

But if we dont restate things over and over how will I get my posts past 1k? =)

Jk, vote yes on end thread.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:27 AM   #65
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

I only bought my last liter bike (RC51) so some girl would sleep with me. Now that we are married I sold it and bought a 250. Is that kosher?

j/k
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:58 AM   #66
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

That's what you get for trying to be helpful. Ass...
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 03:26 AM   #67
rusninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarC View Post
I only bought my last liter bike (RC51) so some girl would sleep with me. Now that we are married I sold it and bought a 250. Is that kosher?

j/k
right XD

Old August 3rd, 2011, 05:43 AM   #68
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

right on OP! i agree with those squid excuses!
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:03 AM   #69
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Name: Clint

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r 2009 Honda CBR600RR

lol at people in this thread.
clintalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 09:28 AM   #70
Buffalony

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarC View Post

YUP

Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:43 AM   #71
kamikaze
ex-ninjette.org guru :o

Name: Trevor

Motorcycle(s): 2003 SV1000 S

it's not that it's unsafe on the highway, it's just that it really is lacking power for frequent highway riding.

I did a trip to PA earlier this year, and that'll be the first and last time I do that many highway miles on it. having it wound out to 11 grand pretty well from one gas stop to the next just to keep up to the group is not fun in the least. Don't get me wrong, the bike is a blast in the twisties and is fine for everyday riding but it's really hard to love this thing on the highway.

someone else said something about the 250 doing everything that a bigger bike can, and for the most part I'd agree. One of my complaints however, is constantly changing gears on it when flogging it in the twisty stuff. sometimes it would be nice to just stick it in 2nd or 3rd on a bigger bike and worry more about braking points and body position than constantly banging thru gears.

i know some people will disagree with what I've said, but it's my opinion. If I had to do it all over again I'd buy the 250. It's a great bike, it's just not for everyone.
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:47 AM   #72
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

EX250
ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:49 AM   #73
almost40

Round # 1437. Get out your fire suits.
Please, please, dont.................... please.
Just let it be.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:49 AM   #74
kamikaze

Quote:
I agree on both counts, Bill. My 250R did 85 mph all day long, no problem. So, yes, saying you need more power for the interstate is a horrible and potentially deadly excuse.
it's not about top speed sometimes.

how many revs are you turning at 85MPH? I'm willing to bet around 11000 in top gear on stock sprockets. Compare that to my buddies Bandit 1250, where he's doing less than 5 grand. I've said it before and I'll say it again, a 600/litrebike will most likely get the same or better mileage on the highway simply because the 250 is wound right out all the time. you can change that up a bit with different sprockets and maybe sticking to the speed limit, but it's not going to get a whole lot better.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:55 AM   #75
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
someone else said something about the 250 doing everything that a bigger bike can, and for the most part I'd agree. One of my complaints however, is constantly changing gears on it when flogging it in the twisty stuff. sometimes it would be nice to just stick it in 2nd or 3rd on a bigger bike and worry more about braking points and body position than constantly banging thru gears.

Being a frequent mountain rider, I 100% agree. This is one of the only situations in which I feel a bigger bike would be beneficial. I obviously understand why the gears have to be so short for a 250cc engine, and some mountain roads are just fine. For example, in Deals Gap (the Dragon), the bike is fine taking the whole thing in 3rd b/c the speeds in those tight turns with very few straights are pretty consistent, however, on most other mountain roads I've been on, (BRP, Cherohala, for example), I'm constantly shifting as some corners are longer, more straights exist between the curves, plus serious elevation changes affect which gear our bikes need to be in for particular corners.
However, though I agree and know if can be annoying, I try to look at it as if it's a game. I like to find the sweet spot for every bit of road where the bike is at peak performance! But yes, there is a TON of shifting in the mountains.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:14 PM   #76
Vegedurden
ninjette.org member

Name: Vege

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r

Quote:
One of my complaints however, is constantly changing gears on it when flogging it in the twisty stuff. sometimes it would be nice to just stick it in 2nd or 3rd on a bigger bike and worry more about braking points and body position than constantly banging thru gears.
I see what you mean but I'm happy with the gear changing thing, actually. It's great to have an opportunity to learn how to do it without even thinking. And given the comparatively small amount of power you have on a 250, you are forced to look for the power band quite early, which forces you to understand your engine a bit better, and to learn how to use your clutch and time your gear change more precisely. I like what the bike is teaching me.

I think great riding is when you can take care of all of that simultaneously, then you can say you really master the bike. Which is pretty cool in itself, to me.

Quote:
i know some people will disagree with what I've said, but it's my opinion. If I had to do it all over again I'd buy the 250. It's a great bike, it's just not for everyone.
I don't think any bike is for everyone. Hell, riding in itself is definitely not for everyone
Not to say it is without any weakness, but I'd buy the 250r again in a heartbeat too.
I wuuuuv' my 250
Vegedurden is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:21 PM   #77
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

If gearing is that crucial, you can do sprocket swaps. Make the gears taller. I rode up our local mountain 35 to the 9 and back down and was either in 2nd or 3rd the entire way. I can also make a full turn thru an intersection in 1st without needing to redline it. haha.

A properly set up ninjette is capable of doing highway riding and some spirited fun on the back roads. By proper, I mean carbs, jetted and tuned, and a sprocket swap to make the final drive taller. My bike has 15/43 and it's jetted. I cruise at 65 @7k RPM or 70 @7.5k RPM. 85mph puts me around 9k, although I've never felt the need to go that fast. I have good passing power and a lot of power in the lower gears as well. I'm not going to tell you what to do, but if it was me and the group I was with was going faster than I felt comfortable with, I would drop back and make my own pace.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:08 PM   #78
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
If gearing is that crucial, you can do sprocket swaps. Make the gears taller. I rode up our local mountain 35 to the 9 and back down and was either in 2nd or 3rd the entire way. I can also make a full turn thru an intersection in 1st without needing to redline it. haha.

A properly set up ninjette is capable of doing highway riding and some spirited fun on the back roads. By proper, I mean carbs, jetted and tuned, and a sprocket swap to make the final drive taller. My bike has 15/43 and it's jetted. I cruise at 65 @7k RPM or 70 @7.5k RPM. 85mph puts me around 9k, although I've never felt the need to go that fast. I have good passing power and a lot of power in the lower gears as well. I'm not going to tell you what to do, but if it was me and the group I was with was going faster than I felt comfortable with, I would drop back and make my own pace.
+1 i feel plenty confident on the highway with my modded 250.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM   #79
kamikaze

yea, a sprocket swap will definitely help with the high rpms, but does that not sacrifice acceleration?

Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:51 PM   #80
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
yea, a sprocket swap will definitely help with the high rpms, but does that not sacrifice acceleration?
Not if the bike is jetted properly. Mine has plenty of acceleration off the line and on the freeway. Even without my BRT TIS, it can still haul my 200lb butt off the line easily, even lifting the front wheel. Now, I'm not saying it will be the same. I did lose some acceleration, but not enough to make it dog slow. I can still put 6-8 car lengths in the first 3 seconds of traffic from a light if necessary.