ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old October 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #1
RacerX113
ninjette.org member

Name: Doug

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Thruxton, Ninja 250

South East Race Organazation

I just picked up a ninja to turn into a track bike. I used to race in the WERA series quit a while ago. I'm just curious if there are any other organizations in the southeast that have good turn outs. I'd also like to do a few track days to get up to speed before racing. Are there any Ninja250 groups that do track days together in the southeast. Is it pretty rough being on the track at the same time as the faster bikes?

Thanks,
Doug
RacerX113 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Motoseries is coming up next year I think, that is where I will be. For a track day it's not rough being on track with bigger bikes but they do fly by you pretty quick on the back straight. They shouldn't be passing so close to call it getting buzzed but it happens.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #3
r6boater
ninjette.org member

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): '04 R1 and '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX113 View Post
I just picked up a ninja to turn into a track bike. I used to race in the WERA series quit a while ago. I'm just curious if there are any other organizations in the southeast that have good turn outs. I'd also like to do a few track days to get up to speed before racing. Are there any Ninja250 groups that do track days together in the southeast. Is it pretty rough being on the track at the same time as the faster bikes?

Thanks,
Doug
Come ride the Tally track day with Draik the weekend of the 3rd/4th of Nov!!! STT/Apex/US129Photos is hosting.

Draik (my 12 year old) will be racing his 250 with WERA next year in the SE in the E-Superstock class. We may do a round or two of motoseries as well, haven't really looked into yet though.
r6boater is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #4
RacerX113
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Motoseries is coming up next year I think, that is where I will be. For a track day it's not rough being on track with bigger bikes but they do fly by you pretty quick on the back straight. They shouldn't be passing so close to call it getting buzzed but it happens.
Looks like a cool series. It looks like it is mostly in the Midwest. Do you know if they will be doing anything down south?

Thanks
Doug

Old October 19th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #5
RacerX113
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6boater View Post
Come ride the Tally track day with Draik the weekend of the 3rd/4th of Nov!!! STT/Apex/US129Photos is hosting.

Draik (my 12 year old) will be racing his 250 with WERA next year in the SE in the E-Superstock class. We may do a round or two of motoseries as well, haven't really looked into yet though.
I would love to do Tally, but I don't think i'll have my bike ready by then. If I'm not ready by then hopefully we will get do another. Send me a pm the next one you go to.

I hope Draik knows how lucky he is to have your support. Do you ride with him as well?

Doug

Old October 19th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #6
r6boater
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I would love to do Tally, but I don't think i'll have my bike ready by then. If I'm not ready by then hopefully we will get do another. Send me a pm the next one you go to.

I hope Draik knows how lucky he is to have your support. Do you ride with him as well?

Doug
We are actually going to take his bike without bodywork...the only things we are going to do is safety wire it, and have new tires and brake pads.

We might have one in December at Jennings. I'll contact you to let you know. Are you on Facebook? If so, seach TheDraik77 and like his page... that'l be a good way to get info too.

Thanks! I just do a little riding on the road...never raced myself.

Old October 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #7
TGRIFF
ninjette.org member

Name: Tyson

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R

WERA and CCS does some races in the SE region and NESBA does a bunch of track days at in GA.
TGRIFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 20th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #8
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Looks like a cool series. It looks like it is mostly in the Midwest. Do you know if they will be doing anything down south?

Thanks
Doug
Hmmm... dunno never run with this race org. Here was the schedule this year. http://motoseries.com/racing_cal.htm

May just have to stick with WERA. Kinda wanted to mix it up a little I guess.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 20th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #9
RacerX113
ninjette.org member

R6boater.
If you haven't done so already I would recomend Steel Braided lines up front when you do the pads. I'm not sure how the 250 is on brakes, but you can get brake fade pretty bad with out them. Other than that you should be good to go.

Old October 20th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #10
r6boater
ninjette.org member

True true. We will be doing that too. Just on the front though...

Old October 20th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #11
RacerX113
ninjette.org member

Yeah the bake line would be overkill IMO. I don't use the rear brake that often.