ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #1
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 R6

Riding with Passenger

Just got my second helmet in recently, and I'd like to be able to go for a short ride with a lady friend on the back. Does anyone have any tips for me or for her?

Don't want to crash. Lol.

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #2
krolinked
Nerd

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ducati Hyperstrada

Tell her not to move around on the back while stopped, moving slowly, or during turns. Keep body inline with yours, don't try to balance the bike, let you do that.

Also make sure you have solid footing and are braced when she mounts, dismounts. You can be knocked over bike and all if she catches you off guard.

BRAKE SOONER!

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #3
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolinked View Post
Tell her not to move around on the back while stopped, moving slowly, or during turns. Keep body inline with yours, don't try to balance the bike, let you do that.

Also make sure you have solid footing and are braced when she mounts, dismounts. You can be knocked over bike and all if she catches you off guard.

BRAKE SOONER!

I literally drove down my driveway around my block and back with her on the back. It seems that any momentum forward slams her fowards, like, so her crotch is up against my back almost. Would it be better for her just to stay like that? Or does she need to back up on her seat or what?

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #4
krolinked
Nerd

It would be helpful if YOU scoot back until you feel the empty spot between seats. This will help her brace a bit better. Also if she puts her hand on tank as a brace when slowing +1 for her. Also make sure you scoot back Forward at every stop if your not tall enough to flat foot while scooted back. Tippy toe = dropped bike injured girly. Ask me How i Know haha

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #5
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolinked View Post
It would be helpful if YOU scoot back until you feel the empty spot between seats. This will help her brace a bit better. Also if she puts her hand on tank as a brace when slowing +1 for her. Also make sure you scoot back Forward at every stop if your not tall enough to flat foot while scooted back. Tippy toe = dropped bike injured girly. Ask me How i Know haha
Hmm, makes sense. Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure she would be pissed if she fell off... I'd probably see if she was okay then laugh my ass off.

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #6
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Retract your balls inside of you so when you slow down and she inevitably smashes you against the gas tank you still have some manhood left
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #7
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

Make yourself comfortable.
dirty nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #8
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Retract your balls inside of you so when you slow down and she inevitably smashes you against the gas tank you still have some manhood left

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #9
krolinked
Nerd

Also make sure you scoot back forward when lane splitting and doing anything that takes greater precision, as I notice it's easier to control the bike when i"m all the way forward.

Also scooting back for her comfort will make you uncomfortable. So it's either you or her :P

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #10
toua70
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toua

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 and Gsx-R 750 k8 (out of commission)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan.chin View Post
I literally drove down my driveway around my block and back with her on the back. It seems that any momentum forward slams her fowards, like, so her crotch is up against my back almost. Would it be better for her just to stay like that? Or does she need to back up on her seat or what?
her hands needs to be on gas tank when you brake so she can hold herself in place without crowding you. Youtube it.

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #11
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toua70 View Post
her hands needs to be on gas tank when you brake so she can hold herself in place without crowding you. Youtube it.
Gotcha. I'll keep that in mind.

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #12
toua70
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toua

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 and Gsx-R 750 k8 (out of commission)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan.chin View Post
Gotcha. I'll keep that in mind.
yeah, i ride with my wife a lot and she used to crowd me all the time. Just youtube how to ride with a passenger or something like that. Also, if she needs to readjust, best to do it at a stop and not while coming to a stop because it'll throw you off balance.

Old August 14th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #13
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

There's a good thread on 2-up riding linked from the sticky thread at the top of the Riding Skills section.

2 Up riding

In addition to just a helmet, what does the rest of your passenger's gear look like? They are just as vulnerable as the rider if the worst should come to pass.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #14
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
There's a good thread on 2-up riding linked from the sticky thread at the top of the Riding Skills section.

2 Up riding

In addition to just a helmet, what does the rest of your passenger's gear look like? They are just as vulnerable as the rider if the worst should come to pass.
At the time, I just had her wear sneakers, jeans, my jacket, and my new helmet. But, if she enjoys a short ride around the block, I'll probably end up buying her her own gear.

Old August 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #15
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote