ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 5th, 2011, 08:13 AM   #201
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

IMO, this bike is ugly as hell . It looks like they put a strange looking sport bike tail on it, then it looks like the 1000rr / gsxr farings in the middle, and the front...the front is just not fit for a sport bike while the exhaust only exaggerates is flaws. I wouldn't be able to ride a bike that ugly. Ninja 250 all the way.

Old February 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #202
patw
ninjette.org guru

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 SE

Another shootout between the 250's

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1/9134...inja-250R.aspx

tldr version: Honda good for new riders but Ninja better overall.

Old February 5th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #203
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by patw View Post

That's a good comparison for the most part (still reading it), but when I saw this I knew that something in their test was obviously wrong:

"As for measured gas mileage, the more modern technology of the fuel injected Honda makes for a noticeable difference over the green bike...the trusty Honda recorded an astonishing 64.7 mpg. As for the Kawasaki, the more dated carb setup mustered an average of 49.1, giving the CBR the nod in the lightened-pocketbook department."

I've never heard of a ninjette getting as low as 49 mpg's, have any of you? And for you speed demon's out there, the new cbr does almost 90mph and is all around slower than the lil ninja.

Old February 5th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #204
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post

I've never heard of a ninjette getting as low as 49 mpg's, have any of you? And for you speed demon's out there, the new cbr does almost 90mph and is all around slower than the lil ninja.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/poll....ults&pollid=14

41-50mpg is the second highest bracket on our poll here. I myself also am in the low 40's so it seems like 49.1 isn't far from the truth.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #205
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
Wow FI...Love that. this definately give the Ninja 250 a run for its money.
Absolutely no way.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #206
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeldren View Post
I personally enjoy thumpers, they have a very unique sound and powerband. However I am still waiting for one of the big boys to step up and make another super single.

I am just personally not that impressed with Honda's offering, mostly because they had an excellent 250cc a while back with the VTR and even the CBR 250cc, this new bike doesn't seem that extraordinary considering their past accomplishments.

That being said I am pleased that another company other than Kawi is looking at the 250cc sport segment, I just hope to see something even cooler down the line from the likes of Suzuki and Yamaha. It would be nice if Aprilia threw their towel into the ring too and added a 250cc powerplant to that RSV 125cc they are bringing.
Yamaha has something in the works and you can find those older great honda engines being made per order in china.

Old February 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #207
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I dunno if the thumper is going to be much of an issue, in and of itself. Early reviews are saying that vibration at all speeds is quite minimal.

http://www.ridermagazine.com/output.cfm?id=2708479
Somenone said this bike will do 90'ish, only if you can hold on from being thrown off above 70+, 250 4-stroke thumper, made in china I bet as well. Right next to Honda VT250F knockoffs.

Old February 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #208
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
That was a great site! Being able to see the Ninja and the CBR side by side is cool. The Ninja looks more "beefy" than the CBR. I can't belive that it has more torq(3 more) than the Ninja, although the CBR is lacking 6HP from the Ninja.
The torque will get the honda off the line ahead of you, so you can pat him on the back before waving good-bye.

Old February 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #209
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
What they need to do is stop teasing us and release the MSRP already! LOL!
That's why I said they'll have to make in it china to make the ninjettes price, even on the post-gens.

Old February 5th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #210
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
I agree. They didn't have the need for improving before, but they definitely need to reconsider that now. I keep my fingers crossed for the FI on the Ninjette in 2012. I think it's fair to expect it at this point
I don't really care for the ABS, maybe the digital speedo would be nice, but we'll see how far they're willing to take it keeping the price reasonable.
Any second thoughts will be due to yamaha not honda china.

Old February 5th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #211
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Yeah, I just read that article also and while they didn't go overboard it's clear the reviewer really liked the bike. What stood out in the review was the low-rpm torque, less tip-in tendancies, a decent suspention and the fact that it accomodated a 6'4" rider. They also made a point to mention that the typical Honda fit & finish was far above what the price point would indicate and the entire package had a "high quality feel". Overall a damn good review right outta the gate.
Wayne, It was a good review, and it seemed fair--I have always liked CW's opinions. I have to agree about Honda fit and finish having recently bought an NT-700V. The finish and quality is exceptional. A lot of people feel that the finish on Honda and H-D is second to none.

I still think that those who prefer a twin will continue to ride the Ninja. A single is a totally different handling machine (more civilized) Sport riders are not into civilized. There is a lot to be said for the scream of a Ninja turning 11,000RPM. I seriously doubt that the Honda can replecate that. Riding a Ninja in town in 3Rd gear at 35MPH is OK. You twist the throttle a little bit, and the bike changes personality lunging ahead with a vengeance. Singles for the most part don't have that personality trait.

Some will go for the Honda because of FI. I'm not so sure that FI would be my tipping point. If I had no bike and had my choice, I would still go with the Ninja--but that is because I had one for two years and know the bike. If Kawa came out with the FI Ninja in the US, it would, at least for me, be no contest--Ninja.

I suspect that in another year to year and a half, I'll ge back on board a green Ninja and use the NT as a long range touring machine.

Ninjas are like cats---they adopt you. It's not the other way around.

Old February 5th, 2011, 10:42 PM   #212
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
IMO, this bike is ugly as hell . It looks like they put a strange looking sport bike tail on it, then it looks like the 1000rr / gsxr farings in the middle, and the front...the front is just not fit for a sport bike while the exhaust only exaggerates is flaws. I wouldn't be able to ride a bike that ugly. Ninja 250 all the way.

Just so you know the CBR250 is designed to look almost identical to another of Honda's bikes. The VFR1200F.

sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #213
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

What is weird is I don't like the new VFR, but do like the CBR250.

What is funny is how they did the big/little brother thing, just like Kawi did.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #214
scotty

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

Have these came out yet to dealers? I want to see one in person. Still, the only thing I like about the bike, is its tail.

Old February 6th, 2011, 03:08 AM   #215
kevlarorc
noob motovlogger

Name: Gareth

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
Somenone said this bike will do 90'ish, only if you can hold on from being thrown off above 70+, 250 4-stroke thumper, made in china I bet as well. Right next to Honda VT250F knockoffs.
The vibration isn't a bucking horse, it's just vibration.

Also, you know you can multi-quote right? Just hit the button to the right of the quote button.

Old February 6th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #216
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

Quote:
You obviously have not ridden many thumpers, they are only really violent at idle or startup other than that they just buzz a bit more at high revs. I believe these cbr's are being made in Thailand right next to the ninja 250.

Not trying to defend the ugly bastard just getting the facts straight.

Old February 6th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #217
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Just so you know the CBR250 is designed to look almost identical to another of Honda's bikes. The VFR1200F.
I think the vfr1200f looks good, but the cbr250 seems really small to me, when u look at it next to our 250's, it looks like a bicycle, and our 250's are alrdy pretty small. And other things that make or break a bike for me are the front cowl and the headlight design neither of which I like on the cbr 250.

Old February 6th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #218
KURT
Resident Old Guy

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): sold

So Honda looked hard at the competition, and decided what the CBR needed was a lower first gear, and less clutch feel?? Throw in an ABS system that you'd be better off not having, and an engine that can't pass traffic on the freeway.

Apparently when Honda logged into the Kawi forums, the only thing they read was the desire for fuel injection.

Looks like what the CBR250 really is... a simple, safe little commuter, in wolf's clothing. A few nice features, but less potential than the Ninja.
KURT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #219
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlarorc View Post
The vibration isn't a bucking horse, it's just vibration.

Also, you know you can multi-quote right? Just hit the button to the right of the quote button.
Quote:
You obviously have not ridden many thumpers, they are only really violent at idle or startup other than that they just buzz a bit more at high revs. I believe these cbr's are being made in Thailand right next to the ninja 250.

JUST vibration and buzz, yah that's o.k., just a shame it happens below where everyone drives down here, much less the speed limit. I'd buy a scooter, this bike is below honda and the success they've had (decades ago) with 250's. I want to see what yamaha does with patience and R&D. By the way I am called a techno tard but never ugly. Though it does take one to know one.

Old February 6th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #220
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Wayne, It was a good review, and it seemed fair--I have always liked CW's opinions. I have to agree about Honda fit and finish having recently bought an NT-700V. The finish and quality is exceptional. A lot of people feel that the finish on Honda and H-D is second to none.

I still think that those who prefer a twin will continue to ride the Ninja. A single is a totally different handling machine (more civilized) Sport riders are not into civilized. There is a lot to be said for the scream of a Ninja turning 11,000RPM. I seriously doubt that the Honda can replecate that. Riding a Ninja in town in 3Rd gear at 35MPH is OK. You twist the throttle a little bit, and the bike changes personality lunging ahead with a vengeance. Singles for the most part don't have that personality trait.

Some will go for the Honda because of FI. I'm not so sure that FI would be my tipping point. If I had no bike and had my choice, I would still go with the Ninja--but that is because I had one for two years and know the bike. If Kawa came out with the FI Ninja in the US, it would, at least for me, be no contest--Ninja.

I suspect that in another year to year and a half, I'll ge back on board a green Ninja and use the NT as a long range touring machine.

Ninjas are like cats---they adopt you. It's not the other way around.
As much as I've enjoyed riding my Ninja 250R for the past couple of years, the fact is it is not the bike that I really wanted. It's more of a compromise chosen because it was the only 250 game in town at the time I bought it. Several of the cost-cutting measures Kawasaki chose for this bike have aggrivated me since I bought it and although they are relatively minor annoyances they are annoyances none the less.
I think FI is a HUGE selling point for this bike. Ever since I bought my '08 Ninja all I've heard on the forums is "when is FI coming on the Ninjette?" The Ninjette can be a cranky beast on chilly mornings here and I wouldn't miss having to futz with the choke for several minutes before every ride.
I've never ridden a single, but from what I'm reading I think it would be more suited to my riding style. Visits to the redline on the Ninjette have been few & far between lately. I think the only drawback would be top speed compared to the Ninja and it's not like I'm out there trying to wring every rpm I can out of the twin. The engine counterbalancer seems to be up to the task of reducing much of the high-rpm buzzing on the highway, which is another of the Ninjettes tendancies I could live without. Add to that easier valve maintainence and the availability of ABS and there's no way I'm not taking a good solid look at this bike when it hits the dealerships in April.
The only thing I see holding me back from trading in my Ninja for a CBR250R this spring is the possibility of Yamaha finally being spurred to re-enter the small-displacement bike market. I've owned a Yamaha 250 and 400 in the past and I would dearly love to own a Yamaha 250 again. Weather I pull the trigger on the CBR this spring or not will depend on how Yamaha responds to the CBR's launch in the US. I'm hoping they will finally throw down the gauntlet and give me the bike I've been waiting for. Otherwise I may have to spend a little time on a CBR250R while I continue waiting.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #221
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Quote:
JUST vibration and buzz, yah that's o.k., just a shame it happens below where everyone drives down here, much less the speed limit. I'd buy a scooter, this bike is below honda and the success they've had (decades ago) with 250's. I want to see what yamaha does with patience and R&D. By the way I am called a techno tard but never ugly. Though it does take one to know one.
Thats alright Im referred to by everyone as that weird hobbit.

Old February 6th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #222
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

Quote:

True, and today's "thumper" can be pretty refined. I just sold a 2009 Yamaha WR250X which was also FI. It was smooth on start up, idle and only buzzed a little on the highway... 55+ I notice it, not really below that. That was one of the most favorite bikes I have owned, probably on the top 5 list... PIC HERE.
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #223
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:

Interesting review. Seems like they think that the Honda is the better beginner bike and more suited for rides around town whereas the Ninja is more versatile and more capable on the freeway. You can tell by the reviewers' comments that the Ninja was a better match to their advanced riding skills than the Honda and in the way they described the Ninja as "a real motorcycle" and "feels more well made". Whereas for the CBR, one of the reviewers described it as much smaller feeling and that the light clutch action "feels like a toy". Reminds me of the clutch on the CBR 125s I rode on during my safety course.

The review also mentions that the two bikes are the same MSRP in USA. Over here in the Canada though, the non ABS version of the Honda saves you $500 compared to the Kawasaki which gives the Honda very good value here as a beginner bike.

Although these two bikes will compete in the 250 cc sport class, I believe Honda is going after a much wider market than the Kawasaki. Honda scooters and small bikes are everywhere in places like Asia and India. Kawasaki's presence is very small compared to Honda in some of these markets. The design of the Honda to make it smaller, lighter, more nimble, quicker off the line and more economical makes this bike much better suited to the congested city and urban conditions of India and Asia than the Kawasaki. The design will also make it more appealing to riders who are coming from scooters. While the twin engine in the Ninja gives it a performance edge over the Honda, you will almost never get to experience that top end power in many of the congested Asian cities. It may not earn the same type of respect here in North America as the Ninja, but on a global level I think the Honda 250 CBR is going to be a real winner.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #224
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Thats alright Im referred to by everyone as that weird hobbit.
Don't no if i'd like to hear THAT story, you're alright bro!

Old February 8th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #225
littledog
ninjette.org member

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Special Edition Ninja 250 a good memory, 2011 Suzuki DL 650 the new ride

Quote:

I read this review. I have used my ninja as a bike to learn on, a bike to ride all day long cause I love to ride, and as my ride to work, and to wherever else i want to go, for now over a year, over 28k miles.

fuel economy. for me 60 mpg is typical on the ninja. i did have 1 tank full below 50 i think but there was a lot of waiting at traffic lights, and a lot of wailing to try to beat the next light. highway travel it gives around 55 in my experience. stop and go city travel, again about 55. open roads at 50-55 mph it gets 65mpg.

highway travel. to me this is now a big deal. if the ninja did not "feel safe" merging into highway traffic i would have to, well, not use it for highway travel. in my opinion, the ninja is JUST BARELY POWERFUL ENOUGH to merge into highway traffic.

the ninja has carbs. my bike has never sat more than 3 days un ridden (rainy weekends). i never messed with the carbs cause i think they work fine. yes i have to warm it up using the thing on the handle bar when it is below 40F. so i start it before i put on my helmet and gloves. this is a problem? not yet. and my fuel pump is gravity powered. if that ever wears out, i will have much bigger worries.

honda is a great beginner and around town bike.

the ninja is a great bike. period.

here, have a sip of the green kool aid
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #226
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledog View Post
and my fuel pump is gravity powered. if that ever wears out, i will have much bigger worries.

LOL Yes, we all will.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #227
Daeldren
two wheel addict

I don't think I read about the chickenwing style of cornering from Keith Code.

Old February 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #228
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Interesting read. I'd really like to test one out on the track before committing though.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #229
sixer
no joy

Name: Six

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 2006 636

Don't care for the looks of the cbr but FI would be nice fer the ninja- its all its missing IMO
Posted via Mobile Device
sixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #230
kkim

Honda really missed the mark by not offering a bike w/ a 400cc engine as their sub 600cc sport bike. if they had done that, instead of taking on the 250 ninja head on, they would OWN the sub 600cc market and the 250 Ninja dominance would be a thing of the past.

As it stands, it's a good first try by Honda, but nowhere near the polish that the ninja has acquired over decades of process refinement.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #231
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer View Post
don't care for the looks of the cbr but fi would be nice fer the ninja- its all its missing imo
posted via mobile device
this
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #232
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Honda really missed the mark by not offering a bike w/ a 400cc engine as their sub 600cc sport bike. if they had done that, instead of taking on the 250 ninja head on, they would OWN the sub 600cc market and the 250 Ninja dominance would be a thing of the past.

As it stands, it's a good first try by Honda, but nowhere near the polish that the ninja has acquired over decades of process refinement.
Agreed with everything you said Kim, imagine if they introduced a revised vfr 400. I want to see one of these hondas in race trim but I just don't see them pumping out much more power.

Here is hoping we see something even better from the likes of Yamaha and Suzuki if they enter the fight.

And to add to all of the above, I really have not been impressed with anything honda has introduced as of late, granted it could just be the economy.

But for a company that has such amazing history to come out with the VFR 1200 and DN-01 is just kind of disappointing. I mean your really going to soil the name of the interceptor line with that rolling whale?

Old February 9th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #233
sixer
no joy

Name: Six

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 2006 636

So I guess in the overseas shoot-out the ninja FI started right up Lol _ seen the Honda Official video lol a 250 flying like a F16 a 600 must be a space shuttle..
Posted via Mobile Device
sixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #234
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/merged with the other mongo Honda 250 thread we have going...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #235
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Not an in-depth review of the CBR250R but the reviewer had many positives about it. Unlike the motorcycle-usa review, this review was complimentary of the ABS system. I'm excited about this bike. Even if it's a competitor, if it gets more people into riding and helps to grow the 250cc segment then I think all riders will benefit. I expect Honda to sell a lot of these in Canada given that the non-ABS model is $500 cheaper than the Ninja and the popularity of the CBR125 here.

http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/articles/9989/

Old February 10th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #236
tiggen
ninjette.org guru

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2003 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Interesting read. I'd really like to test one out on the track before committing though.
Don't know if you heard, but Honda put up contingency for the 250 in the Southeast region of WERA. Just a matter of time before we can get some track impressions.

Still wish it was the VTR...
tiggen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #237
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
It may be the perspective but this picture makes the Honda look tiny... I'm still waiting to see the Honda in person. Being 6'-1", I'm not sure the Honda will fit me.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #238
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post

I would not count them out just yet. Remember Canada has a 400cc Ninja. They may wait to see how Kawasaki does with that before we see something from them. It probably won't be long.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #239
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggen View Post
Don't know if you heard, but Honda put up contingency for the 250 in the Southeast region of WERA. Just a matter of time before we can get some track impressions.

Still wish it was the VTR...
At first I had my doubts about Honda's ability to enter the new CBR250r into the same ring as Kawasaki. Now I'm not so sure. Moriwaki Engineering has got something on the self in the form of a 250 track bike. The New Honda CBR250r. Moriwaki Engineering is big in Japan and already have a 250cc entry for racing (MD250H), so with Honda's latest 250 coming to the States, it was just a matter of time before we saw racing head to head against the Ninja 250. Moriwaki also makes products for Yamaha, Kawasaki & Suzuki as well. Mugen Motorsport has even put their signature design on the New CBR250r making it more sporty and aggressive with colored seats and chrome performance exhaust. For some, the stock version of the New 2011 CBR250R may not fit their styling and design taste, but you have to admit it has potential to be a awesome looking machine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbr-250r-moriwaki.jpg (73.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg moriwaki2.jpg (92.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg moriwaki.jpg (78.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg mugen3.jpg (84.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg mugen.jpg (95.1 KB, 5 views)
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #240
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

User review from Thailand of the Honda CBR250R. Seems more than capable on the highway up to around 120 kph for a rider about 75kg and 175cm. Confirms what a lot of early magazine reviews have said about the power band. Plenty of low to mid end power but because the single doesn't rev as high, power does tapper of towards the high RPM.

http://www.hondacbr250.com/showthread.php?t=81