Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Riding in the rain for the first time!

Gear:
Shoei Qwest helmet
A* SPX gloves
Icon red/black icon Stryker chest/back protector
Icon Contra Textile jacket
White/Black military camo pants (not waterproof)
my new white/black Spidi XP3S boots
Kriega R25 backpack

Reason for being out in a fcking thunderstorm:

Future Waifu is gettin a 300 soon and and her Bday is extremely close to that date, so im just goin to surprise her with a bunch of stuff on the day she gets her 300, Got some motorcycle stuff shipped to a buddy of mine who runs a sports store because i was going to pick up a blanket shes been wanting from there anyway, that way i can take everything home at the same time.

Thoughts..

WAS FUN AS FCK. Started to really pour right after i got out of my neighborhood. Needed to go get cash at the ATM first, During the right turn into the little shopping center where its located i ended up skidding the back wheel, i was makin sure to take the turn exxxtra slow because ive never experienced water on a bike before, guess i used too much throttle. Didnt panic, just held on the throttle and let the rear tire do its thing, Got my monies, went out another exit into the left turn lane waiting for the green, I didnt notice the huge puddle of oil and whatever else sitting directly in my way so i could either go straight(to the right of the puddle) in oncoming traffic making their left turns or go left into the stopped cars, i ended up taking that route, Swinging left into the parked cars then right to get back in position then left and completed the turn no problem (no way i was going to go through a 5foot wide puddle of OIL.)

Made it to the train tracks bout to make a right turn over them when the asshole in front of me decides to stop moving and hard brakes his car ( so he can peel out,) i gently apply both brakes and my front wheel was on the actual train tracks so my front wheel ended up skidding a good bit but i was able to save it by pulling in the clutch , continued to hold the brakes and let go of the throttle. After correcting everything i continued on my way to the shop, picked everything up and on the way back had a nice view of dark, heavy clouds, heavy rain and thunder/lightning ahead of me. got home without a scratch

Loved it, id much rather ride in rain 24/7 then a perfect summer day.

Last futzed with by Aggrotech; October 23rd, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:36 AM   #2
250rr
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
Loved it, id much rather ride in rain 24/7 then a perfect summer day.
I live in Oregon. No you wouldn't.
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:57 AM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 27th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Rain is the best. It was the most relaxing time I was on the bike. I loved hearing the water splash, I just loved riding in it. It would be raining, and I'd grab my gear and head out for no reason, seeing a confused/crazy look on my wife as I did. She didn't understand how great it is to ride in the rain. She looked at the danger aspects, I looked at the enjoyment.

Much better to live and be happy, than to live and worry.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote