ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

View Poll Results: How many miles have you logged on 2-wheels?
0-10,000 75 56.39%
10k-20k 17 12.78%
20k-30k 9 6.77%
30k-40k 5 3.76%
40k-50k 2 1.50%
50k-100k 9 6.77%
More than 100k 16 12.03%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 26th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #41
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Ja View Post
IMO, it should be a mandatory requirement for driver's license and motorcycle license exams to include a period (of 1 month, 45 days or even more) of bicycle operating on public roads. Not only would that produce safer drivers/riders that are more understanding of the dangers that every bicyclists face on public roads; but also reduce motor vehicle operation and traffic.
Well, since we have drifted off topic, I will twist this quote a little and say that I think that everyone who applies for a driver's license should be required to get a motorcycle-only license first and log a certain number of miles through the city during rush hour. If they had that requirement, I think cars would have a lot more respect for bikers on the road. They might even use their turn signals once in a while when changing lanes.

Old July 26th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #42
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

I have no idea how many miles I've put on dirbikes. It's probably ridiculous.

I have had a few street bikes, back in college it was my only transportation and I put about 11K on my R6. Bought it new and sold it at 11k something miles.
Here and there I have placed average commuter miles on the bikes that I have owned. I am a 365 rider unless the weather is really severe (blizzard, Oklahoma thunderstorms).

Right now I ride 270 a week minus leisure rides or trips.

Probably creeping on the 100K mark on the street given I have a few years where I wasn't able to ride due to deployment. *knocking on wood* Never been down on the street as well. (Very different story on the dirt!!)
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #43
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpsiguy View Post
I resent my tax money being used to build "bike only" lanes. What taxes are generated from bicycle use that pays for that??? NONE .... oh wait maybe that fossil fuel tax that I pay does that.
Well, Kevin, since we are neighbors, let me take a minute to thank you for allowing me to do all my errands on my bicycle with your tax dollars. It saves me a bunch in gas!

PS. I LOVE bike lanes!

Edited to say: I bicycle daily and as much as 35 miles some days. I am NOT one of the a-hole cyclists that ride in the middle of the road and block traffic. I stick 95% of the time to roads with bike lanes or sidewalks, and the 5% of exceptions are back, rural roads where I can get out of the way of traffic way before they get near me. I understand what you're saying because I can't STAND inconsiderate bicyclists.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #44
mkfan
ninjette.org newbie

Name: jason

Motorcycle(s): 250 ninja

I've ridden 3000 miles so far and I've only been riding a few weeks.
mkfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #45
b31den
ninjette.org newbie

Name: b31den

Motorcycle(s): ZZR250

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavison View Post
Im with you Kevin.
Bicycles really shouldnt be on public roads.
Wow, I dont know if this is the typical attitude where youre from but where im from there are at least 20x more bicyclists than motorcycles. Maybe even 50x.

Keep in mind that in general any cyclist you see out of town on a rural road is probably actually a lot wealthier than your average car driver and therefore pays more tax. A full setup costs from between $1k to $15k. Those people are not usually cycling to save money but just for the enjoyment.

I agree that road cycling is fairly dangerous, for exactly the same reason as motorcycling is dangerous. Inattentive, uneducated drivers and riders pushing their skills too far. Ive cycled probably 10-20 thousand km and literally only been honked at once in Alberta, BC or Europe. I cant say the same for the US, however.
b31den is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #46
highpsiguy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 1981 Honda Cx500 Custom, 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
Well, Kevin, since we are neighbors, let me take a minute to thank you for allowing me to do all my errands on my bicycle with your tax dollars. It saves me a bunch in gas!

PS. I LOVE bike lanes!
Well it doesn't sting so bad since I know it helps you haha. I drive some large trucks on those backroads...usually pulling large trailers. I think bicyclist are in more danger there than on other routes. The rural roads around here tend to be narrow and curvy... a bad combination for both of us.

I figured voicing my opinion might stir the pot. Didn't know I would stir it so close to the house ha.

Old July 27th, 2011, 03:10 AM   #47
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by b31den View Post
Wow, I dont know if this is the typical attitude where youre from but where im from there are at least 20x more bicyclists than motorcycles. Maybe even 50x.

Keep in mind that in general any cyclist you see out of town on a rural road is probably actually a lot wealthier than your average car driver and therefore pays more tax. A full setup costs from between $1k to $15k. Those people are not usually cycling to save money but just for the enjoyment.

I agree that road cycling is fairly dangerous, for exactly the same reason as motorcycling is dangerous. Inattentive, uneducated drivers and riders pushing their skills too far. Ive cycled probably 10-20 thousand km and literally only been honked at once in Alberta, BC or Europe. I cant say the same for the US, however.

I don't buy the "not paying taxes" argument because most adult pedal cyclists also have cars.

However, there is an issue with safety and getting in the way of cars and motorcyclists. Bicyclists do not have to have any sort of license nor are they required to obey the rules of the road. They are freeloaders in that respect. You can legally ride a bicycle drunk, through a red light and on the wrong side of the road for example. If a motorist hits them, everyone automatically assumes it was the motorists fault. Bike lanes are a help, but only if the bicyclists decides to stay inside his lines. Around here, serious bicyclists use the sidewalk and stay out of traffic.

As far as bicycle cost, I suppose you can pay as much as you want, but I checked and you can still get bikes at Target for $100. It doesn't sound like that big of an investment.

Old July 27th, 2011, 03:49 AM   #48
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Well it doesn't sting so bad since I know it helps you haha. I drive some large trucks on those backroads...usually pulling large trailers. I think bicyclist are in more danger there than on other routes. The rural roads around here tend to be narrow and curvy... a bad combination for both of us.

I figured voicing my opinion might stir the pot. Didn't know I would stir it so close to the house ha.

LOL! Nah, I respect all opinions and I understand some cyclists ruin it for the rest of us. Let them be called the of the bicycle world! The "rural" roads I'm talking about are few and far between. The only 2 of those I ever consider riding (ie: with no sidewalk/bike lane) are Morton and Robert Hardeman into Winterville. I pull off the road and ride in the grass when I hear a car approaching. My most common route is Cedar Shoals to the gym and Kroger and down Gaines School onto Lexington (sidewalks). I also enjoy riding to the public library. Anyway, I'll sure try to stay out of your way. hehe!

Old July 27th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #49
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

On my way to 25K miles on ONE bike.

Longest distance in one trip? Coast to coast.

Last futzed with by CZroe; July 27th, 2011 at 10:52 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #50
2.5LGT
ninjette.org member

Name: Gao

Motorcycle(s): 05 xz6r 636, 10' Ninja 250R SE Green (sold)

439 total, 130 longest trip
2.5LGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #51
Fly'in Ninja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): C-250R-ST

It would be about 65,000 miles thruout the many years on 7 different bikes.
The longest trip would a three day get away that log about 1300 miles.
Fly'in Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #52
Angel-be-Good
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '11 Street Triple R

Somewhere between 35-40,000 on my two bikes, vast majority of miles on the 250. Longest single-day ride I've done is 500 miles. I blogged about it recently (...even though it was over a year ago). I've done two 2,500-mile trips.

Old July 27th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #53
Johnnyscoots
Over 40 Ninjette Owner

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki VN900C (Black), 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Red/Two Bros. Slip on, 41 Tooth Rear Sprocket)

Over 20,000 miles in 3 years on the Vulcan (and counting), just over 6,000 on the Little Red Ninjette (and counting), and just over 10,000 miles on a Kymco People 250...then the Kymco died on me. Longest single ride recently was last Friday on the Vulcan, from Ephrata, PA to Ventnor, NJ in the 97 degree heat, about 130 miles. Have made several trips from Harrisburg, PA to Jersey, about 136 miles a few years back when I first got the Vulcan. Longest ride on the Ninjette was about 95 miles. Vulcan is obviously faster even with two aboard and saddlebags full. Handled the heat most awesomely!!! Love the lightness of the Ninjette and the fewer fill up visits.

Johnny

Old July 29th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #54
ninja_sleeper
ninjette.org guru

Name: Carrie

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I am officially as of this morning since I got into work have 2000 miles under my utility belt. Been riding my baby since June 17th 2011.
Took that this morning. 2nd time rolling over ... . . ..
ninja_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #55
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Congrats! Great looking bike! I hope you've got some good gear to go with it.

Old July 29th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #56
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_sleeper View Post
I am officially as of this morning since I got into work have 2000 miles under my utility belt. Been riding my baby since June 17th 2011.
Took that this morning. 2nd time rolling over ... . . ..
Congrats Carrie, Awesome photo of you and your bike. Red too.

Old July 29th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #57
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

1000 miles this week.
Posted via Mobile Device
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 08:46 AM   #58
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

I stopped counting after 350,000 miles

Old July 31st, 2011, 10:29 AM   #59
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Wow! You are inspiring...over 350,000 miles and no accidents or drops. Right on, man! That is awesome!

Old July 31st, 2011, 10:49 AM   #60
highpsiguy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 1981 Honda Cx500 Custom, 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
I am impressed. You got me by at least 100k. I knew some hardcore Goldwingers that said they were reaching over 500k plus.

I don't ride as often as I use to. Now it seems that my trips are just local jaunts and errands. I feel the lil 250 more than sufficient for a very long trip, but I just have not done it yet.

My longest trip was from Galveston Texas to Cornelia Ga without stopping except for fuel. I did run out of gas on that trip. I was on the cx500 and forgot to set the reserve valve back to on and when I ran out...well too late. Ended up pushing the 500 for about 3 to 4 miles on I 10 3 oclock in the morning to the next exit for fuel. Still made trip in about 16-17 hours. I think it was around 900 miles.

Old July 31st, 2011, 08:08 PM   #61
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
I am impressed. You got me by at least 100k. I knew some hardcore Goldwingers that said they were reaching over 500k plus.

I don't ride as often as I use to. Now it seems that my trips are just local jaunts and errands. I feel the lil 250 more than sufficient for a very long trip, but I just have not done it yet.

My longest trip was from Galveston Texas to Cornelia Ga without stopping except for fuel. I did run out of gas on that trip. I was on the cx500 and forgot to set the reserve valve back to on and when I ran out...well too late. Ended up pushing the 500 for about 3 to 4 miles on I 10 3 oclock in the morning to the next exit for fuel. Still made trip in about 16-17 hours. I think it was around 900 miles.
I, too, ran out of gas on the I-10 from GA to CA. Actually, I now think it was the stalling issue from a vacuum in the tank, but I'll never know at this point.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 09:27 PM   #62
ninja_sleeper
ninjette.org guru

Name: Carrie

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

put another 280 on mine this weekend. I love my ninjette.
ninja_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 07:55 PM   #63
JLinde1339
Fighterer in Training

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250R

Finally got her on the road and logged my first 125 miles on two wheels. Felt great!
JLinde1339 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 08:04 PM   #64
TheJimmyEnglish
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Red

4500 so far on the Ninja since April.. About 20k all together and rising as the Ninja is my daily now

Old September 12th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #65
checho323
ninjette.org guru

Name: Checho

Motorcycle(s): Harley Street 750

Bike Miles

I bought my 09 Ninja in April of 09 (new) I currently have 5K+ miles on it. Is that to many miles? I ride it almost everyday except the weekends. Just wondering

Tks
checho323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #66
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

I bought my 2011 5/14 of this year, and I am going for my 4k service on Saturday. I think you are OK. I believe there is a bike on this forum with over 30K. Probably more than one.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #67
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Not sure if there is such a thing as too many miles
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #68
zem
Matress

Name: Sebastian

Motorcycle(s): Blue 04 Ninja 250

I bought mine with 1936 miles on it around June this summer, and I currently have about 5200 miles on it. I commute 40+ miles a day for school.

Old September 12th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #69
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

I bought mine with 6500 miles on it, and now it has nearly 7300 miles after riding for about 2.5 weeks, I'd say I don't have enough miles on it!
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #70
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

whatt? too many miles??

Old September 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #71
checho323
ninjette.org guru

Name: Checho

Motorcycle(s): Harley Street 750

You guys are hilarious
I guess I need to ride more lol
checho323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #72
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/merged with poll thread

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #73
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

Maybe the Poll should be changed to miles a month average? I only have 4k, but I am averaging just over 1K\Mo. Just a thought.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #74
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

I just started riding in April.

Old September 12th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #75
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Up to 33K miles now after doing 2,500 miles in the last month.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #76
GeorgiaHooligan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Aaron

14trillion miles or so. Give or take a few. Just like the United States Debt Ceiling.
GeorgiaHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #77
Apollo626
ninjette.org member

Name: Marcus

Motorcycle(s): Green '08 Ninja 250R

I just crossed the 1,000 mile mark last week, and I've only had my bike for a month!
Apollo626 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #78
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by checho323 View Post
I bought my 09 Ninja in April of 09 (new) I currently have 5K+ miles on it. Is that to many miles? I ride it almost everyday except the weekends. Just wondering

Tks
No, i bought mine in october of 09, and ive put 13000 on it, and would have put more on it if i could.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #79
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

I've been riding since 1982. I can conservatively claim 10k miles per riding year.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #80
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

What if you liberally claim?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote