ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 13th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #1
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Angry Future rider rant

I just want to say that I really can't wait until spring when I can get my Ninja 250 and finally see what it feels like. I've been back and forth so many times in my head on my opinion of a bike I've never ridden. I read about motorcycles all day long and I'll spend the first half of the day reading about how the Ninja is such a great beginner bike, a real gem. How it's very forgiving of typical newb mistakes and makes learning to ride easier, safer and more fun. THEN, I wonder upon someone dogging the 250 and saying it's garbage and a total slug. Now being someone who wants to spend my money well and be happy with my purchase, it's disheartening to read that the bike I've been longing to get is now being described in a bad light. Add on that I've never actually ridden one and I end up going crazy thinking about it most days.

I've seen some great videos of people riding the hell out of the 250 and haulin' ass on the highway (90 is haulin ass when traffic is probably going 70). I've seen people go through everday traffic with no trouble keeping up or accelerating when needed. These all make me think the 250 will be a good beginner bike and still fun. And then I see videos from vloggers like Ramekin and Lauriejennifer, who ride something bigger than the 250 and then proceed to down talk the 250. Is it really that slow that it becomes hard to appreciate when you upgrade?

Summary: I really hope the pro's outweigh the cons for the Ninja 250....
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
It all depends what you're looking for out of a bike. I rode a cbr600 F3 all summer along with my 250 since my buddy was in california and didn't want to winterize his bike. I loved the acceleration of the 600, but I honestly like my 250 better. It's lighter and quicker through the fun parts of where I ride. I feel so connected and such a part of my bike that I can't let it go. It just fun. Maybe not the fastest bike in the pack, but definitely is always able to put a grin on my face. so yes, I lust for the eyeball sucking acceleration and massive power of a 600 of my own (someday it will happen), but I love this 250 too much to let it go.

ps, I've ridden a ninja 650 and a ninja 1000 and a zx14 at the ticket to ride event this summer. They're all totally different bikes. I still like the 250R better for how I ride and what I want out of my bike.

I WILL get a supersport/superbike, but I'll be keeping my 250 if it's even remotely financially possible for me
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Just start small. Baby steps. The resale isn't that bad. Buy a used 250r and then if you feel like you're driving a lawn mower or dislike it, sell it.

I'd much rather start on a 250 than start on a 600 and realize it's too much for me to handle and then have to 'take it easy' instead of comfortably going full out on a 250r.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #4
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
Just start small. Baby steps. The resale isn't that bad. Buy a used 250r and then if you feel like you're driving a lawn mower or dislike it, sell it.

I'd much rather start on a 250 than start on a 600 and realize it's too much for me to handle and then have to 'take it easy' instead of comfortably going full out on a 250r.
Yeah, that's how I feel sometimes after reading some of the posts on this forum and watching the 'good' videos but then I see the 'bad' ones and I feel like I'm missing something. Is it really super slow or are people just expecting too much after riding a 600+?

Sometimes, I try to think of it like this.....and no, cars =/= bikes. I drive a m/t 300 hp sports coupe. When it was in the shop over the summer, I had to drive a Chrysler Sebring. It wasn't all that slow and was PLENTY for commuting. Just coming from a sports car, the Chrysler didn't have the immediate throttle response I was used to. Still was fun to drive and I still drove in the fast lane as usual, I just got up to speed like a normal car instead of my usual quickness.....Now replace my car with a 600+ and the chrysler with a 250 and that's how I'm hoping it'll be....

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #5
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

I drove a 3000GT VR4 (320HP) and I have plenty of fun on my 250. Youre not gonna scream along on the highway but its more than you need to zip around town. I regularly speed (yea yea im bad) but its usually unintentional. you can go 0-60 faster then the average car on the road, and you can mash on it without really affecting gas millage that bad. Its not gonna be faster then a 600 of course but its been fun learning on it and I wouldnt trade it at this point still.

hope that helps
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #6
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Yeah, that's how I feel sometimes after reading some of the posts on this forum and watching the 'good' videos but then I see the 'bad' ones and I feel like I'm missing something. Is it really super slow or are people just expecting too much after riding a 600+?

Sometimes, I try to think of it like this.....and no, cars =/= bikes. I drive a m/t 300 hp sports coupe. When it was in the shop over the summer, I had to drive a Chrysler Sebring. It wasn't all that slow and was PLENTY for commuting. Just coming from a sports car, the Chrysler didn't have the immediate throttle response I was used to. Still was fun to drive and I still drove in the fast lane as usual, I just got up to speed like a normal car instead of my usual quickness.....Now replace my car with a 600+ and the chrysler with a 250 and that's how I'm hoping it'll be....
I never even sat on a Ninja 250r, so I wouldn't be able to tell you. However, I did ride a 250 cc bike at the MSF (I think it was either a Honda Shadow or Nighthawk) and I thought those things could really go. Definitely plenty for commuting just like the Sebring.

I heard the Ninja 250 has slow acceleration too so I guess that's a good analogy. Don't think all about horsepower too.. obviously a little 375 lb on two wheels isn't going to be the same

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #7
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
I never even sat on a Ninja 250r, so I wouldn't be able to tell you. However, I did ride a 250 cc bike at the MSF (I think it was either a Honda Shadow or Nighthawk) and I thought those things could really go. Definitely plenty for commuting just like the Sebring.

I heard the Ninja 250 has slow acceleration too so I guess that's a good analogy. Don't think all about horsepower too.. obviously a little 375 lb on two wheels isn't going to be the same
the cruisers at the MSF class are completely different.

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #8
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Had the 250 for 2 months. Put 1400 miles on it. Traded in for EXACT SAME VALUE i bought it for and got my Yamaha R6.

250's keep value SOOOOO well. And I'm very glad that I started on the ninjette. Start with the 250

(people who read this keep the you jumped too soon comments to yourself. that's another topic. thanks)

PS: Yes. 250 cruiser and ninjette is night and day.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #9
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
the cruisers at the MSF class are completely different.
ya thats what i was thinking. idk how different a sportbike is to a cruiser.

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #10
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
Had the 250 for 2 months. Put 1400 miles on it. Traded in for EXACT SAME VALUE i bought it for and got my Yamaha R6.

250's keep value SOOOOO well. And I'm very glad that I started on the ninjette. Start with the 250

(people who read this keep the you jumped too soon comments to yourself. that's another topic. thanks)

PS: Yes. 250 cruiser and ninjette is night and day.
GURK JUMPED SHIP THAT JERK

but yeah seriously Im going to fix mine up and I can almost guarantee Ill sell it for MORE because Im fixing the cosmetic defects

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #11
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

OP, you can't base your opinions on what others say. Some dislike the 250R because it isn't as fast as they might want it to be, but if you're a total noob to motorcycling, you can't go wrong with a 250R.
Plus, only squids care about straight-line acceleration.

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #12
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Don't bother listening to those nay-sayers. They are the type that are stuck in the typical US bred 'bigger-is-better' mentality. They are incapable of appreciating what the 250 can do. Many of them are just so hung up on having more power than you can actually use on the street that they forget what else there is to riding motorcycle. Will the 250 be a rocket down the highway? No, but if that's why you want a motorcycle for the street, then imo you don't need one. Will it pass typical traffic and provide lots of fun and enjoyment for those with (imo again) reasonable expectations for a street machine? Absolutely, it's quick when it needs to be, isn't so powerful that it will get away from you when making your learning mistakes, loves to be flicked around turns faster than any of the big bikes out there, and will be cheaper in every way possible to own/operate.

I've seen/heard some of those same people talking down the 250. But I looked at how they road, what THEY wanted in a bike, and then compared it to my feelings and thoughts on the subject. Nothing was the same between the two. They wanted a street-legal race bike to act stupid and turn the roads into race tracks and felt that any bike that couldn't do that was a pos. I on the other hand wanted to experience the simple freedom of openness that motorcycles in general provide, to have enough speed to make it fun, yet be easy enough to make mistakes on and not be scared to death of doing so. I also wanted a bike that was cheap, highway capable, comfortable, and just an all around good bike for most uses. The 250 fit that bill to the letter.

So make a list and ask yourself what you want in a bike. Do you want to act like a racer on the street? Do you want to just cruise around like Billy Badass Biker? Do you want to go on super long rides of discovery in total luxury? Do you want to commute, experience freedom, have some fun in the twisties once in awhile, and not spend alot doing so?............ Don't let the nay-sayers sway you away from what you want just because they don't understand it.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #13
str8t six
never enough

Name: josh

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 ninja 250R

hey guys, i just got my bike so ill tell you my perspective. i first bought the bike 2 weeks ago just to learn on, knowing that i would eventually upgrade. i didnt want to buy a big bike and get myself in trouble, let alone drop a 8,000+ dollar bike. Ive put a little over 100 miles on her so far and this is what i think. if you have never driven a bike before, then its perfect. now if you have driven dirtbikes and such, then the 250 would be disappointing. i think the ninja can get to 60mph in like 7 seconds, which is faster than most cars on the road. i do find myself looking for 7th gear tho because she does rev pretty high. i got on the highway and could go from 70 to 80 in 3 seconds. i think this bike is perfect for a beginner like myself and people who have never ridden before.

custom graphics, zero gravity DB
str8t six is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #14
sombo

Quote:

The ninjette accelerates much faster than those things. It really is night and day difference between those 250 cruisers and the ninjette. I would not take one of those on a highway if I had one, but I've taken my '94 ninjette on the highway and up to an indicated 95mph (with more power to go if I wanted to) with no issues. That's something those cruisers can not do. From what I understand good luck getting them much past 65mph since they have less than 20hp at the wheel and only use 5 gears.

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #15
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
i can tell you straight up, it pretty much goes like this to riders that care about skill and bike quality

1. get a 250, use and abuse it
2. get a 600
3. wish you still had the 250 to use and abuse (cheaper parts, tires ect.. ect..)

4. (if your lucky) get another 250 to rail the really really technical twisties in a way the 600s can't or start racing 250's

Assuming your riding the street. The only things I have found lacking in the 250 is the raw HP and highway comfort/seat. Everything else (aside of personal mods) is pretty much rubbish by riders that don't know much better.

I know your new, but after a while 11k rpm will sound like music to your ears on a 250, CBR1000 or just about any other sport bike.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #16
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

are you a new rider?

if so, you are already answering your own question...
"Ninja is such a great beginner bike, a real gem. How it's very forgiving of typical newb mistakes and makes learning to ride easier, safer and more fun."

so what is it that you want to know? ya its slower then a 600, or a 1000 bike...so what? are you really going to go 100+ mph on a bike, if you are...delete your profile from here and forget you ever want to ride a bike, we don't need another fallen rider.

its a great bike to learn on...end of story.

Old October 13th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #17
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
ya thats what i was thinking. idk how different a sportbike is to a cruiser.
Night and day.

Like sitting on an office chair vs sitting on a lazyboy. Both are comfortable, and both do the job of giving you someplace to sit, but they give a completely different seating experience. But, in the 250cc class, the ninja absolutely KILLS the cruisers for capability and performance.

Old October 13th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #18
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

The issue is that if you ask three people on the internet a question, you'll get five different opinions.

It's a great bike. All bikes do some things well and other things not-so-well...as a new rider, you really won't know which things are important to you until you get some miles under your belt (for example, maybe you'll fall in love with long distance touring, or with track racing, or with dual sport riding -- each of which work best on totally different types of bikes). The nice thing about the Ninjette is that it does everything decently enough that you'll be able to learn and have fun and figure out what specific kinds of riding really float your boat.

Old October 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #19
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof View Post
The issue is that if you ask three people on the internet a question, you'll get five different opinions.

It's a great bike. All bikes do some things well and other things not-so-well...as a new rider, you really won't know which things are important to you until you get some miles under your belt (for example, maybe you'll fall in love with long distance touring, or with track racing, or with dual sport riding -- each of which work best on totally different types of bikes). The nice thing about the Ninjette is that it does everything decently enough that you'll be able to learn and have fun and figure out what specific kinds of riding really float your boat.
except trail riding

Old October 13th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #20
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I dunno, check out some of Skippii's threads; seems like the ninjette handles trail riding just fine.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #21
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

LOL, I was just looking for Skippii's thread too!

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...52&postcount=1

Old October 13th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #22
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

WTF!!!

I stand corrected. Im ing so hard.

Old October 13th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #23
str8t six
never enough

Name: josh

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 ninja 250R

Quote:
LOL, I was just looking for Skippii's thread too!

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...52&postcount=1
that is AWESOME!!!

custom graphics, zero gravity DB
str8t six is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #24
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

To the OP:

Dude, you need to filter your information sources - you can't just listen to everyone who babbles on the Net - seek opinion of experts, racers, and experienced, respected riders. Listen to what they tell you, not to some dude on a 600cc forum, who crashed twice in two months and has never taken his bike over 8K rpm, or out of third gear.
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM   #25
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

dang anything over 250ccs is garbage slow as hell ;]

Old October 13th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #26
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Three and a half years of daily use as a commuter and considering a second and third Ninjette! I subscribe to those guys too and, well, I honestly think they are just trying to feel good about their purchases and justify them with things that don't really matter.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #27
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toly View Post
..........not to some dude on a 600cc forum, who crashed twice in two months and has never taken his bike over 8K rpm, or out of third gear.
You don't actually need to other wise you end going to fast. I have found myself riding in a lower numbered gear for that reason other wise I am not going over 6K rpm and cruising at 4ish when in 6th. I find myself riding at 6-8 in second to third just around town now. I am not able to really put the bike into the happy area of the tacho other wise.

I am happy I started on a 250 to get the skills. I realised after getting the 600 though just how forgiving the 250 really is.
Locksmiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #28
Rys
ninjette.org member

Name: Patrick

Motorcycle(s): 09 black 250

If you think there a lot of people with differing opinions out there just wait till you actually get a bike. Surprisingly most people have a fairly strong opinions when it comes to a bike.

Once you get the bike everyone is going to fall into one of 4 categories:

Category 1(75% of the people) Will think you are an idiot and are gonna get yourself hurt or killed.

Category 2(15% of the people) Think its cool that you have a bike and don't care what it is because they don't have one themselves, but be careful.

Category 3(3% of the people) Have or have had a motorcycle and think that 250 is a perfectly reasonable bike to ride around on.

Category 4(7% of the people) Have or have had a bike and think a 250 is for kids and would never consider owning one.

Oddly enough 90% of the people in category 4 no longer own a bike. Why is that you may ask? Well because they they are to dangerous. They drove like an idiot on their 600rr's and almost got themselves killed and decided to quit riding.

I quit trying to rationalize with the category 4 people real fast. Now I just agree with them and say yup its a glorified moped but I got it cheap as dirt and it gets 60mpg and it usually works. In this economy most people will not give anyone grief for trying to save money
Rys is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #29
WhiteRice
Kamikaze Squirrel

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250r

I've always believed that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.
WhiteRice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2011, 06:22 AM   #30
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmiff View Post
You don't actually need to other wise you end going to fast. I have found myself riding in a lower numbered gear for that reason other wise I am not going over 6K rpm and cruising at 4ish when in 6th. I find myself riding at 6-8 in second to third just around town now. I am not able to really put the bike into the happy area of the tacho other wise.
You don't need to, but you can. My point is that someone who's redlined a 600 in most of its gears is probably a racer and rides much better than those who don't thrash their 600s. Thus, his opinion is more valuable.

Also, the OP needs to listen to the opinion of people who owned both a 250 and a 600cc bike. For every one who regrets getting a 250, there're ten who don't
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2011, 06:52 AM   #31
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Quote:
You don't need to, but you can. My point is that someone who's redlined a 600 in most of its gears is probably a racer and rides much better than those who don't thrash their 600s. Thus, his opinion is more valuable.

Also, the OP needs to listen to the opinion of people who owned both a 250 and a 600cc bike. For every one who regrets getting a 250, there're ten who don't
Yeah, I haven't really spoken to too many people with that have ridden both. Most of the riders I've met around where I work started off on their 600. One guy started on some 1100 Harley. There is one guy that rides a 250 cruiser but then all he wanted to talk about was how I should get a cruiser.

Old October 14th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #32
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Well... sorta. You can row through the gears pretty quick on the freeway on a 600, and have no semblance of skill compared to a track rat or AMA/WERA/MotoGP racer

Quote:
Amen. I'm quite pleased with my 250, even after a long-term test ride of a 600. My bike is still more fun. Count me in as one of those 10

Old October 14th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #33
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

I've put high mileage on a 450cc, a 650cc, a 750cc, a different 650cc, a 225cc, and a third 650cc.

The Ninjette is actually the bike I've spent the least amount of time on since I bought it after my injury. But with my relatively limited experience on it, I can say that it's easily the most fun bike I've ever owned.

I do a LOT of long distance touring when I'm not hurt, and I don't know how the Ninjette will stack up against the larger bikes that I've done all day interstate on. But considering that I don't actually *enjoy* the all day interstate much and prefer the back roads anyway, I think it'll be just fine. I've certainly done multi-day hundreds-of-miles-per-day touring on the XT225 and the Ninjette is way more comfy than that bike.

I dunno. For me, it really boils down to that I originally bought the Ninjette because I could no longer hold up my 650cc bikes after my back injury. I bought it with the full intention of riding it until my back healed and then selling it for another 650cc. Now, I'm really considering keeping it as my main bike. I haven't missed the 650cc bikes at all.

Old October 14th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #34
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
I've put high mileage on a 450cc, a 650cc, a 750cc, a different 650cc, a 225cc, and a third 650cc.

The Ninjette is actually the bike I've spent the least amount of time on since I bought it after my injury. But with my relatively limited experience on it, I can say that it's easily the most fun bike I've ever owned.
Awesome! That makes me appreciate my Ninjette even more. I've only ever ridden a 125CC and this 250CC, so I can't judge the benefits of the bigger bikes. Right now though I have no desire to move to a bigger engine. <3 my 250r!

Hope your back heals up. So many people get back problems: it's not nice.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #35
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Hope your back heals up. So many people get back problems: it's not nice.
Thanks; it's getting better. I ruptured my L4-L5 disc in August 2009 and it's been a parade of doctors since then. Spinal decompression therapy seems to finally be working. I was up to riding almost 100 miles at a time again before having to park the bike to work weekends for the last month.

Old October 14th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #36
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
only squids care about straight-line acceleration.
+1

I've never had anyone who rides talk down on the 250, it's always: nice bike, good job on starting small. you'll love that thing. you're smart for starting on it. damn that thing looks big for a 250.

I love my 250, but I'm still planning on getting a bigger bike in the future( I'm still keeping my 2fiddy), and I can't even tell you how thankful I am that I started with this thing

And never ever compare a 250 ninja to other 250's (cruisers), for crying out loud, NINJAS! shoot poison darts with their eyes! and kill bears with their toe nails! anyway IMO 250 ninjas are more like 600 cruisers. they accelerate almost the same, they almost have the same topspeed but the crusiers are heavy and the ninjas are lighter.

P.S. The only guy who said that the 250 sucks is a friend of mine who doesn't ride...
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #37
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Nothings hard to appreciate if its good...I rode my gf's 250 and its frreakin fun! love it

Old October 15th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #38
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
Plus, only squids care about straight-line acceleration.

So all the moto gp's are squids right?

yeah

Old October 15th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #39
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post

So all the moto gp's are squids right?

yeah
No, because they also worry about cornering and handling unlike squids who could give a rats arse about that as long as it can do 180+ in a straight line on the highway. Throw the twisties argument at a squid and they just go "Pffffft whatever!" Ask a motogp racer about that and they will give you more details than you will understand about the subject and the bikes lol.

Old October 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #40
gitoy
ninjette.org guru

Name: gitoy

Motorcycle(s): 04 ninja 250, 05 zzr 600 (sold), 07 cbr600rr

i had 22k on an 01, 41k on a 04 ninja 250, 14k on a zzr600, 10k on a 07 cbr600...these were all bought used...

but the most fun i have is on the 04 ninja 250 which i bought for $600 with 328 miles on it...why so cheap?...it was rear ended but all it took was a replacement rear fender from a donor bike...

yeah the 250 can do it all, zipping around town, more than fast enough for the freeways, and it is a hoot in the canyons...gas and go...over 250 miles...

the cbr is just as much fun in the canyons but it takes almost an hour to get there and the crouching position has me worn out by then...but i ride it because it will pout...
gitoy is offline   Reply With Quote