ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 18th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #1
EvilPooMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 :)

Ruh Roh!

so i took my first ride with another person the other day its a shame its been two months since i started unfortunately i don't know that many people around here who ride. anyway he just bought a GSXR 750 and traded in his r6. we hit up some of the back roads and had a smoke break or two then we pulled into a food lion parking lot. he told me to get off my bike and to get on his 0.o so i did... I love my 250 to death...but fro some reason i can't stop thinking about wanting to ride that thing again...is this bad, i think i need an intervention...but it had such smooth shifting and was so comfy :O am i bad person for feeling this way?

Last futzed with by EvilPooMonkey; June 18th, 2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: cant type
EvilPooMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
[intervention]
No, it's common. Think with your head and not what is between your legs (literally). You know when it's time to upgrade and when it's not.
[/intervention]
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #3
EvilPooMonkey
ninjette.org guru

:/ yeah i am def not ready for it yet, and in no way did it break me away from being in love with my rocket, but that 10 minutes has been lingering in the back of mind all week :/

Old June 18th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #4
mholme
ninjette.org member

Name: Marques

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '06 636

I think just the opposite when I ride a supersport- I say, man, I could get in a lot of trouble on this thing. 10 years after selling mine, I still don't trust myself on the street with one.
mholme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #5
EvilPooMonkey
ninjette.org guru

see i am not even at all tempted by the power it had, in fact it's weird that what appealed to me were the simple things. A) the riding position was amazing, i was so comfy with the handle bars being down so low. B) it was so smooth, the ride and the shifting. C) gauge cluster was awesome. D) it felt more solid underneath me... i guess the weight. E) built in power commander. I know its a super sport but i could see that being a comfy everyday driver too.