ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old September 21st, 2013, 03:10 PM   #1
SvenW
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Sven

Motorcycle(s): EX 250

WTB: destroyed newgen engine

Hey everyone, we are looking for a new gen engine for our 2014 Waterloo Hybrid vehicle. We already have one engine which is running nicely, but need another one to act as a jig to hold our engine mounts as we weld our chassis together.
The engine can be the crappiest, ugliest, seized item, but does need to have all three mounts in tact.

We are located in Ontario Canada, so Michigan, New York or Ontario is preferred.

Let me know if anyone has anything.
-Sven
SvenW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2013, 03:24 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
@alex.s might have something in his garage.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM   #3
PartsNinja
Ninja Parts Master

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ducati Streetfighter 1098, 2014 Honda CB1100 Cafe, 2007 SV1000S, Quite a few 2008-2012 Ninja 250s

we have one available. took a hit to the right side, sheared off a bolt for the clutch cover and damaged the clutch basket. i could disassemble some of it to offer as parts to others and offer you the bulk of it for decently cheap. all mounting points are fine. what were you looking to spend or were you think more of in the "free" realm? shipping might be costly but i can look into it. not sure what fedexs rates are like for shipping something so heavy to cananadia.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:53 PM   #4
ve3nsv
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Terry

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Have you tried Zedeno or some local Kawasaki shops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenW View Post
Hey everyone, we are looking for a new gen engine for our 2014 Waterloo Hybrid vehicle. We already have one engine which is running nicely, but need another one to act as a jig to hold our engine mounts as we weld our chassis together.
The engine can be the crappiest, ugliest, seized item, but does need to have all three mounts in tact.

We are located in Ontario Canada, so Michigan, New York or Ontario is preferred.

Let me know if anyone has anything.
-Sven
ve3nsv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:15 PM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome Terry!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM   #6
SvenW
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Have you tried Zedeno or some local Kawasaki shops?
Yeh, the guys from Zedenos are awesome, bought our first engine from them and they were super helpful. They only had one engine when we were there last, but I may try them again. I'll probably end up giving them or a few other shops around midwestern ontario tmw.

Quote:
we have one available. took a hit to the right side, sheared off a bolt for the clutch cover and damaged the clutch basket. i could disassemble some of it to offer as parts to others and offer you the bulk of it for decently cheap. all mounting points are fine. what were you looking to spend or were you think more of in the "free" realm? shipping might be costly but i can look into it. not sure what fedexs rates are like for shipping something so heavy to cananadia.
Thanks for the offer, the cost of shipping would most likely be more than than the worth of the engine though.

Old September 24th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #7
SvenW
ninjette.org newbie

pregen vs newgen

Didn't have much luck with the new gen engines. Does anyone have the dimension difference between the new and old engine mounts? I tried to searching for the difference on the forums but all I could find was that the front mounting point was different length, with no real dimensions.