Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I was asked recently to do a write up on a KTM RC8 via a pm. Given some time, I can add it to this thread as an additional perspective. It wasn't my first time on a liter bike but it was my first time on a liter bike "at pace" on the track.
Impressive additional perspective !!!

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #42
sunspots
ninjette.org member

Name: Sunspots

Motorcycle(s): 08 Plasma Blue 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
Good write up, don't worry, some 250 owners get pissy when you imply other machines are faster or better in any way.
What the **** did you just ****ing say about my 250, you little ****? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Ive been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Im the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youre ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little clever comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldnt, you didnt, and now youre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youre ****ing dead, kiddo.
sunspots is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #43
parox91
ninjette.org member

Name: Not Applicable

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspots View Post
What the **** did you just ****ing say about my 250, you little ****? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Ive been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Im the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youre ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little clever comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldnt, you didnt, and now youre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youre ****ing dead, kiddo.

I bet I'd snipe him first.
parox91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #44
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #45
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Name: Roderick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

My life is too busy to be judging other riders like that. I think riders who judge need to get a life. Someone's choice of ride should not concern another. I've ridden liter bikes and they are very entertaining but they have their place and for my purposes they do not fit.
Rugby Winger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #46
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Alex you are right that Ktm is adjustable in many ways. 2 friends of mine ride them and one of them sells 3 jap brands plus bmw and duc and his favorite ride is the rc8r.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (177.6 KB, 14 views)
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 03:07 AM   #47
fast1075
ninjette.org guru

Name: harry

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250, 2004 Buell XB12s, Honda 110 Elite

No ego getting bruised here. Bikes are tools, pick the right one for the purpose. One of my favorites is my scooter. I break out the Buell for knee dragging, The ninja is as yet an unknown variable, but I bet there are some roads I ride that would give a liter bike fits keeping up. Fact
fast1075 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #48
Sentinel
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mars

Motorcycle(s): 2007 N500, 2010 N250, 2011 N1000.

GOing the other way is interesting.

I have ridden almost everything over the decades. My garage has a 2011 ninja 1000 in it, and that';s not even close to the fastest or most powerful bike I've ever had, although it is by far my favorite.

Riding the 250 is simply a different activity than riding a mega-HP literbike. It's not the same thing at all.

Don't sweat haters. Folks gotta toss up their irrelevency sometimes.

If you don't want to go fast, ride a small motor bike. Hell, I can ride my N250 WAY too fast FOR CONDITIONS in some areas (70 mph through 25mph turns, which is what the N250 is BEST for), so the liter bike isn't specifically dangerous, although it can be a loaded gun and a bottle of whiskey if you don;t know what you;re doing.
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #49
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome Sentinel!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #50
Sentinel
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mars

Motorcycle(s): 2007 N500, 2010 N250, 2011 N1000.

Yeah - the N2.5 ia fun in the tight stuff and there are prolly turns you can go faster than an R1 on. But be cool about it. Some kid on a YZ125 might show up and school you mister Mini Ninja racer.

BTW - I bought the N2.5 for my GF to teach her to ride on. Now she wants "more" (a N3.0?) and I am having mega fun riding the Mad Moped.

Anyone move "up" from a N2.5 to a N3.0 and find it a worthwhile trade-up?

Or is it just silliness?
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #51
fast1075
ninjette.org guru

I think every race track has a 14 year old kid on a clapped out RS-125 that will pass you on the outside on one corner and on the inside the next......while you think you a riding like (pick one, or add one of your own) Roberts, or Agostini, or Reed, or Rossi, or DuHamel, or Stoner, or Marquez, ad infinitum.

Old September 19th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #52
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

I find it funny that this thread attracted so much attention. The conversation seems to be deviating a bit and to set things straight the ninja 250 300 is a very fun and capable machine on public roads but has lower limits than a true sport bike.

My original, long winded point is that even an older superbike like a ducati 996 is extremely capable. Motorcycles do 3 things. Turn, stop, go. The ninja 250 is easier to ride because it does those 3 things at a much lesser rate. That's why the racing is interesting to watch because most of the riders can get close to the limits thus keeping racing close.

Go to any local motorcycle racing venue and look at the open and fast classes. The fields split apart and there will be a front pack that it wouldn't matter if they were on the crappiest bike. They'd still crush the field.
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #53
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Yeah - the N2.5 ia fun in the tight stuff and there are prolly turns you can go faster than an R1 on. But be cool about it. Some kid on a YZ125 might show up and school you mister Mini Ninja racer.

BTW - I bought the N2.5 for my GF to teach her to ride on. Now she wants "more" (a N3.0?) and I am having mega fun riding the Mad Moped.

Anyone move "up" from a N2.5 to a N3.0 and find it a worthwhile trade-up?

Or is it just silliness?
the 300 has a lot more midrange torque, is more comfortable on highway, and it feels better than the 250 in every way imaginable other than price. if she wants a good deal more I'd suggest 650 class as the 300 is close but better at everything in marginal ways that add up. if she wants to stay on something small for a good deal of time I'd recommend it otherwise just skip it and move up to a 650
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #54
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
My original, long winded point is that even an older superbike like a ducati 996 is extremely capable. Motorcycles do 3 things. Turn, stop, go. The ninja 250 is easier to ride because it does those 3 things at a much lesser rate.
Should have named the thread, "Need to keep your 250 boner in check? Ride a liter bike!"
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #55
fast1075
ninjette.org guru

The old saying is "anyone can ride a fast bike slow, the fun is riding a slow bike fast".

Old September 19th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #56
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

I came out of the gym tonight and someone had parked has/her Hyabusa next to my ninjette. Best way the ensure a bike doesn't get stolen? Having it parked next to a nicer one
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #57
tfkrocks

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
I came out of the gym tonight and someone had parked has/her Hyabusa next to my ninjette. Best way the ensure a bike doesn't get stolen? Having it parked next to a nicer one
So basically almost any other sportbike lol.
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #58
ShadowStalk3r
ninjette.org member

Name: Pierre

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
It's good to see the Hyabusa rider looking out for you.
ShadowStalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #59
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStalk3r View Post
It's good to see the Hyabusa rider looking out for you.
It was a funny scene seeing the two of them next to each other. The 'busa was like a mama bear looking out and protecting her cub lol
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #60
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

I was in walnut creek yesterday. There was a ruby colored one parked out at the shell station off Ygnacio and California. It was parked next to an m3. Looked like beauty and the beast. Aside from straight line power I cannot understand the allure of such a hideous beast.
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #61
DCMoney
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 1198s, Triumph D675, Suzuki SV1000s, `08 Ninja 250, `11 Ninja 250, Suzuki GS750

How do you think these guys feel after getting passed by a 250?

http://youtu.be/ofivawCpn00

Link to original page on YouTube.