ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old August 20th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #1
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Six Flags

Going to Six Flags today, leaving in a few minutes, and was wondering if anyone has any tips? I'll report back when I get home. Thanks
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Hydration and have fun! Be outgoing and try to pick up a chick (pics mandatory!).
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #3
azimmer11
ninjette.org sage

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

I just went to cedar point yesterday...I'd say bring your own food. The food on the grounds is really expensive. $4.15 for one bottle of water...
azimmer11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #4
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Have fun steve! It's a blast..at least I think it was. Superman was awesome anyways lol.

Oh yeah, I agree, stay hydrated, take water. It is very easy out there to get dehydrated for some reason.
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Does SixFlags or Cedar Point have a speedpass or something similar where you get to use the "short line" or skip tot he front?

Old August 20th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #6
azimmer11
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Does SixFlags or Cedar Point have a speedpass or something similar where you get to use the "short line" or skip tot he front?
Cedar Point has something called the "Fast Pass" its $65 extra and about 50% of people buy it so it becomes pointless because the Fast Pass line is just as long as the normal lines.

Old August 20th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Ah, this is not the case at Kings Island (operated by Cedar Fair) near Cincinnati. They have a Fast Pass, expensive but currently worth it to ride everything in a single day. Was interested in ending the summer with a ride up to Cedar Point but still working out the $$ and budget.

Old August 20th, 2012, 06:54 AM   #8
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

probably too late but wear sun screen lol
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #9
azimmer11
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Ah, this is not the case at Kings Island (operated by Cedar Fair) near Cincinnati. They have a Fast Pass, expensive but currently worth it to ride everything in a single day. Was interested in ending the summer with a ride up to Cedar Point but still working out the $$ and budget.
i was there for about 8 hours and was able to ride everything without the fast pass. now is a good time go. you want to go now before Halloweekends starts because the lines will be really long. lines that are usually 2 hours are only 1 right now.

Old August 20th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #10
nycsteve
Biker

Thanks for the tips guys. I've been there before a few times, just wanted to make sure I was ready this time since it's my first time riding the bike with a passenger. I did stay hydrated, bought the souvenir cup with free refills! That alone probably saved the day.

Food as always was expensive, but my passenger (ex-girl) found $35. Everything else was pretty good. No fast pass but got on 3 rides I've never been on plus another one. All our gear fit in one locker, so it worked out pretty good.

Thanks again guys!

Old August 20th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #11
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

on to the next one..on to the next one..!!!

Old August 20th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #12
MysticNight
ninjette.org member

Name: Amy

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250

We went to six flags America for the first time last week and had practically no wait at all and those souvenir cups were sooo worth it. It was a much nicer park then Great Adventure.

Of course we didn't get on the superman coaster because we saw it get stuck at the very top for at least 15 minutes .....no thanks lol!
MysticNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2012, 05:35 AM   #13
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNight View Post
We went to six flags America for the first time last week and had practically no wait at all and those souvenir cups were sooo worth it. It was a much nicer park then Great Adventure.

Of course we didn't get on the superman coaster because we saw it get stuck at the very top for at least 15 minutes .....no thanks lol!
Yea, great adventure pretty much sucks! Too small for the crowds that arrive, but then again it's poorly run by the owner of the Washington Redskins so it's basically business as usual lol.

I've wanted to go to Six Flags America but that might be next year or the year after. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to be doing next year, either Iron Butt type of rides because I've always wanted to do long road trips. @Miles_Prower might join me in going to the dragon next year, so I might as well go even further south to Florida!

Or I'll go visit as many theme/water parks as I possibly can. Has been a fantasy of mine for a long time. Note to self: stop watching travel channel! lol

That would have been soooooooo cool to be stuck on that ride for 15 mins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Prower View Post
on to the next one..on to the next one..!!!
I know I know...... lol

Old August 21st, 2012, 05:40 AM   #14
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
Or I'll go visit as many theme/water parks as I possibly can. As been a fantasy of mine for a long time. Note to self: stop watching travel channel! lol

That would have been soooooooo cool to be stuck on that ride for 15 mins!

I know I know...... lol
I'm down for theme parks lol! I live like 15 minutes from Hershey Park and I haven't been there..EVER.

Old August 21st, 2012, 06:09 AM   #15
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Prower View Post
I'm down for theme parks lol! I live like 15 minutes from Hershey Park and I haven't been there..EVER.
Ohhhhhh man, you don't know what you're missing! I've been many times and it's always great. Even on a very crowded day, lines are a relative breeze when compared to great adventure. Water park is excellent! We can definitely go.

Old August 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM   #16
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

Six Flags is in a neighboring town. It's God-awful expensive. We frequently do a lot of work for them (installing fences) and I've NEVER had a job go easily/good there. It has always been hell. The whole place is a hell hole. Why anyone gets enjoyment out of the cesspool that is Six Flags I'll never know. Roller coasters? Yeah, maybe, but those pansies need to throw their leg over a MX bike or a super sport sometime. Or go sky diving. Them's real thrill rides.

Oh ya, someone died on the Superman coaster at the Six Flags near me. I'd have more fun/stay healthier buying a $10 bottle of Vodka, getting hammered, then setting fire to the rest of the cash I was going to spend at Six Flags.
dirty nasty is offline   Reply With Quote