Old July 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #81
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkh100 View Post
I didn't know we had psychologists on these forums. You're way off, nobody made fun of me for just riding a 250 and I could honestly care less if they did. Your parents are the ones that don't know parenting if you're talking like that to somebody you don't know.
ok let me break down my analysis.

you say you dont drive the 250 fast at all, in fact probably dont know what driving the 250 fast is like... but its still too slow and boring for you. so you need a faster bike right? makes a whole lot of sense.

why is it boring? because you are riding a bike slow in traffic. any bike you ride slow in traffic is boring. having more power wont change the way you drive.

i speak honestly with people. i dont respect anyone until someone earns it. i respect that there is a learning curve with new skills but what i dont respect is people who dont acknowledge such concepts. i will teach my children to do the same if i ever have any.

please, tell me im wrong about one of my points and i will explain to you why you are an idiot.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #82
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlab View Post
this topic is pretty worn out.i don't really understand why 250 owners get so upset when people want to try something with more power.i would say most motorcyclists started on something a lot bigger than 250's and have survived.i ride my 1000 on the street at 25% of it's potential and have a great time with it. it goes 180,but i don't fell the need to go wfo unless i'm on the track. i enjoy my 250 and got one for my wife,but i really don't think i would like it so much if i hadn't sampled all engine sizes and configurations of motorcycles through the years.if i had just started and stayed on a 250 i would really have missed out on a lot of interesting and fun experiences with a lot of motorcyclists with diverse interests
Thanks for saying it. Most of these guys know what a bigger bike feels like so they don't care too much for it. Worse case scenario, I'll realize that my ninja was better while i'm test riding the Gixxer and i'll go back to. It's true, people start out on bigger bikes without any experience.. Atleast I had my 250 for a month which I feel is where you learn the most since it's the first thousand or so miles.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #83
Talon
ninjette.org member

Name: Doug

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2012 ninja 650

It's kind of a shame he missed out on the Kawasaki ride event that was in SoCal a few months back. That way he could have tried out a bunch of bikes in a safe and supervised manner.

I think all sport bike manufacturers do group ride events, perhaps a different brand is coming around soon. That way he can ride all different size bikes and decide which is right for him.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #84
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
ok let me break down my analysis.

you say you dont drive the 250 fast at all, in fact probably dont know what driving the 250 fast is like... but its still too slow and boring for you. so you need a faster bike right? makes a whole lot of sense.

why is it boring? because you are riding a bike slow in traffic. any bike you ride slow in traffic is boring. having more power wont change the way you drive.

i speak honestly with people. i dont respect anyone until someone earn it. i respect that there is a learning curve with new skills but what i dont respect is people who dont acknowledge such concepts. i will teach my children to do the same if i ever have any.

please, tell me im wrong about one of my points and i will explain to you why you are an idiot.
It's hard to take advice from someone who is also insulting you in the same sentence. You don't need to respect me, but you don't need to be rude either. If you said ANYTHING about my parents that isn't something positive face to face you would be in a more dangerous situation than me on a Busa. On-topic, you are right. Which is why I created a thread, not to get bashed on. I'm not going to ignore everyones advice and do what I want. I don't get much advice in real life since I don't know many people that ride.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #85
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
had my 250 for a month which I feel is where you learn the most since it's the first thousand or so miles.
i disagree with this statement. learning the initial basic concepts like how to make the bike go, what counter steering is... it is a very small amount of what actually goes into riding a bike. put 20k miles on the ninjette and you might start to learn how to really ride a bike... *start*. i say these things because i ride every day, i go to the track, and i realize that i STILL suck really bad. i cant come close to the potential of the 250, let alone a bigger bike. i have two larger bikes but guess what, when i want to enjoy myself i ride the 250. because its more fun riding a slow bike fast than it is riding a fast bike slow.

the problem i have with what you are saying is you are acting completely oblivious to reality and what riding a bike actually is. you sound like you are treating it like a car, or a pedal bike.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #86
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
It's kind of a shame he missed out on the Kawasaki ride event that was in SoCal a few months back. That way he could have tried out a bunch of bikes in a safe and supervised manner.

I think all sport bike manufacturers do group ride events, perhaps a different brand is coming around soon. That way he can ride all different size bikes and decide which is right for him.
The only other bike I rode besides my ninja 250 is a zx10, It didn't seem bad at all. Sure it was no where near as close comfort wise to my ninja but the throttle was not as sensitive as people say it is.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #87
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
The only other bike I rode besides my ninja 250 is a zx10, It didn't seem bad at all. Sure it was no where near as close comfort wise to my ninja but the throttle was not as sensitive as people say it is.
twist the throttle all the way. youll see what people mean

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #88
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jo

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Hmm...that's weird, because my husband has a ZX10 and he tells me the opposite, that I'd barely have to pull the throttle to get it to move. On the 250, I have to pull it back and readjust my hand because I pull it back so much.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #89
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
look robert. maybe you dont understand why you got the backlash you got.

you just crashed your 250. now you say you want something more powerful. if you cant keep from crashing a 250 what makes you think more power will help?

if you want a bigger bike simply to have a bigger bike, great good for you. you are doing something for yourself, dont ask peoples opinions because they arent what you want.

what you are looking for here is someone to make you feel better about your decision of wanting a bigger bike because it makes you feel a certain way... more powerful, cooler, whatever you want. you are looking for "permission" to satisfy your own ego. ego kills bikers. bikers dont like seeing bikers killed, ESPECIALLY by ego.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #90
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
i disagree with this statement. learning the initial basic concepts like how to make the bike go, what counter steering is... it is a very small amount of what actually goes into riding a bike. put 20k miles on the ninjette and you might start to learn how to really ride a bike... *start*. i say these things because i ride every day, i go to the track, and i realize that i STILL suck really bad. i cant come close to the potential of the 250, let alone a bigger bike. i have two larger bikes but guess what, when i want to enjoy myself i ride the 250. because its more fun riding a slow bike fast than it is riding a fast bike slow.

the problem i have with what you are saying is you are acting completely oblivious to reality and what riding a bike actually is. you sound like you are treating it like a car, or a pedal bike.
What I meant was, if someone gets a bigger bike without knowing the basics such as clutch control, counter-steering, low speed turns, etc. it can and will be more dangerous than if they learned on a 250. I'm sure it would take more than 20k miles to become an "okay-good" rider. 20k miles is nothing and on a bike you can always get better. What is "actually riding a bike"? I ride because I enjoy it, I don't take it as a joke though

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #91
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
twist the throttle all the way. youll see what people mean
No thanks, I know what it can do if I twist it all the way. I was just talking about people saying it's "sensitive".
Quote:
look robert. maybe you dont understand why you got the backlash you got.

you just crashed your 250. now you say you want something more powerful. if you cant keep from crashing a 250 what makes you think more power will help?

if you want a bigger bike simply to have a bigger bike, great good for you. you are doing something for yourself, dont ask peoples opinions because they arent what you want.

what you are looking for here is someone to make you feel better about your decision of wanting a bigger bike because it makes you feel a certain way... more powerful, cooler, whatever you want. you are looking for "permission" to satisfy your own ego. ego kills bikers. bikers dont like seeing bikers killed, ESPECIALLY by ego.
Not trying to argue but what does a car turning left infront of me without looking when it was my light have to do with the bike im on? I was going the same speed I would have on a bigger bike.. if I was being immature and I crashed it, I definitely would not get a bigger bike and my parents wouldn't let me ride anymore.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #92
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

This thread isn't even about motorcycles. It's about psychology: self image and ego.

The last thing the young guy wants to hear is advice from older guys, even when he asks for it.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #93
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
Hmm...that's weird, because my husband has a ZX10 and he tells me the opposite, that I'd barely have to pull the throttle to get it to move. On the 250, I have to pull it back and readjust my hand because I pull it back so much.
It is definitely more sensitive than the ninja 250, but not what people make it out to be. Yeah I know what it feels like to get the ninja 250 to accelerate lol

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #94
Talon
ninjette.org member

Name: Doug

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2012 ninja 650

Just playing devil's advocate here, but more mass at the same speed is more force hitting the car. Your fault or not there would be more damage to the car, your bike, and possibly you...

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #95
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
No thanks, I know what it can do if I twist it all the way. I was just talking about people saying it's "sensitive".

Not trying to argue but what does a car turning left infront of me without looking when it was my light have to do with the bike im on? I was going the same speed I would have on a bigger bike.. if I was being immature and I crashed it, I definitely would not get a bigger bike and my parents wouldn't let me ride anymore.
why did you let him hit you? see the point im making? regardless of whos fault it was... it was your fault.

and its sensitive if you twist the throttle. have you ever redlined the 250?

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #96
folky15
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Robert seems a bit more planted than many of you are giving him credit for. Back off attacking the parents and name-calling....seems like there are many 15 and a half year olds here in this thread.

(that said, please don't jump up to a Supersport after only a month of riding experience!)

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #97
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
why did you let him hit you? see the point im making? regardless of whos fault it was... it was your fault.

and its sensitive if you twist the throttle. have you ever redlined the 250?
It was a female, and she looked as if she was going to wait but she turned when I was already too close close to her to do anything about it. I understand what you are saying though, thanks for the advice. And yes I have redlined the 250, the first day I bought it that's all I did because I did not know how to shift properly. Like I said, I already decided against the R1 and 750. I will ride the 650 and see what it feels like.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #98
NikkitaNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250 *Nikkita* - 2003 Buell XB9R

Where's my damn Orville Redenbacher's

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #99
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
you are missing my point. you let her hit you. it is still your fault. she made a mistake, you let her make it. why were you in the position where she was able to hit you? you are treating your bike like its a mustang and it shows.

here is an enjoyable meme for the luls:

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #100
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by folky15 View Post
Robert seems a bit more planted than many of you are giving him credit for. Back off attacking the parents and name-calling....seems like there are many 15 and a half year olds here in this thread.

(that said, please don't jump up to a Supersport after only a month of riding experience!)
Thanks and yeah I guess I won't be getting a ss for a while.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #101
red5
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 15.256

Want to upgrade? Fine, do what makes you happy.

However, if after a month of riding (and crashing) you are bored, that's a rider issue, not a bike issue. You can argue that compared to a 600 or 750 or whatever, the 250 lacks power, options, etc. But it is very to argue that it is not a dam fun bike to ride. If you don't get that, then you are really missing what is great about being on a bike, any bike, in the first place.

Again, (putting all of the valid safety issues aside) if you want a new bike, get one. But if you are already bored, bigger/faster/better won't fix that.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #102
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
you are missing my point. you let her hit you. it is still your fault. she made a mistake, you let her make it. why were you in the position where she was able to hit you? you are treating your bike like its a mustang and it shows.

here is an enjoyable meme for the luls:
600 is too slow don't you think?

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #103
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Bigger bikes are a hoot! Please don't misinterpret what we're saying here. The fact is many of us choose the 250 because it's so simple and light and low powered (but very forgiving) that when you go back to it, you're forced back to the basics of form and good lines and taking turns faster rather than kinda mushing through the turns and then compensating for that lost time with the throttle hand. It responds very well to being thrown around on a track because of this, and really forces you to push harder and be better. While larger ss bikes are fun as hell, all bikes are equally fun in their own way. So don't say you're bored of the 250 after just riding around in traffic because that's not fun on any bike. Take the 250 where it's the most fun; twisty roads and tracks if you're bored after a month straight of track riding on the 250, it might be time for that 600. But I feel like you'll just be focused on all those places you can brake later or flick harder or take a better line and you'll forget about the fact that you're "only" going 100mph

on the other hand, as long as a parent signs a waiver/permission slip for you, you should be able to go to the track just fine. Look into it. You'll really love it and you'll learn a ton. I did, and I'm itching to go back because no road is the same any more.

PS: only 100 on a 250 feels absolutely insane. Like it feels waaaaaaay faster than 100 and is a total rush. 100 on a ss bike feels like a warm up. Just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #104
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Robert, look to the left young padawan. I for sure know what a bigger bike is capable of. While I respect that people will be the happiest owning the bike they "REALLY" want, it's your attitude that will make or break you going forward. And going forward not only includes mileage racked up on the odometer but also the street cred that only experience will teach you. IMHO, a rider will not truly be comfortable for what the world throws at them in 10k miles, much less a month. It's not measured in miles, it's measured in exposure to the unexpected that is the world.

A wise man once told me, "You start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick to life is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck."

Moving to a larger bike is not impossible after only a month on the ninja but take a long look sobering in the mirror lad. Get whatever bike you want, just be safe and smart about your riding. Make a plan to educate yourself, gear up and gain skills like taking the MSF, some other course and build up to doing a track day to get your serious speed fixes. Do you have any that you would care to share?

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #105
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Bigger bikes are a hoot! Please don't misinterpret what we're saying here. The fact is many of us choose the 250 because it's so simple and light and low powered (but very forgiving) that when you go back to it, you're forced back to the basics of form and good lines and taking turns faster rather than kinda mushing through the turns and then compensating for that lost time with the throttle hand. It responds very well to being thrown around on a track because of this, and really forces you to push harder and be better. While larger ss bikes are fun as hell, all bikes are equally fun in their own way. So don't say you're bored of the 250 after just riding around in traffic because that's not fun on any bike. Take the 250 where it's the most fun; twisty roads and tracks if you're bored after a month straight of track riding on the 250, it might be time for that 600. But I feel like you'll just be focused on all those places you can brake later or flick harder or take a better line and you'll forget about the fact that you're "only" going 100mph

on the other hand, as long as a parent signs a waiver/permission slip for you, you should be able to go to the track just fine. Look into it. You'll really love it and you'll learn a ton. I did, and I'm itching to go back because no road is the same any more.

PS: only 100 on a 250 feels absolutely insane. Like it feels waaaaaaay faster than 100 and is a total rush. 100 on a ss bike feels like a warm up. Just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device

very well said chris. riding the zx or others at 140 feels like the 250 at 100.

side note though, is there anyone who actually gets bored of the ninjette on the track? it seems like people get bored of the 1000s and switch to 250s....

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #106
NikkitaNinja
ninjette.org guru

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #107
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
You're right and I know what you mean about the ninja. I made many mistakes the first week or two and my 250 didn't throw me off. But the thing is i'm 15 and I can't afford a car really and I definitely can't afford both. I rely on my bike for transportation so I felt like I needed something bigger. I'll definitely try going to the track as soon as possible. The fastest I've gone on my ninja is 70-75 when I accidentally entered a freeway. Got off at the next exit though lol.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #108
NikkitaNinja
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
when I accidentally entered a freeway

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #109
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Tyler, when your new to the streets, it's not hard to enter the freeway by mistake in LA. If your stuck in the lane, you just have to go with traffic and turn around later. It may sound bad but it's actually a smart thing to do.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #110
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Robert, look to the left young padawan. I for sure know what a bigger bike is capable of. While I respect that people will be the happiest owning the bike they "REALLY" want, it's your attitude that will make or break you going forward. And going forward not only includes mileage racked up on the odometer but also the street cred that only experience will teach you. IMHO, a rider will not truly be comfortable for what the world throws at them in 10k miles, much less a month. It's not measured in miles, it's measured in exposure to the unexpected that is the world.

A wise man once told me, "You start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick to life is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck."

Moving to a larger bike is not impossible after only a month on the ninja but take a long look sobering in the mirror lad. Get whatever bike you want, just be safe and smart about your riding. Make a plan to educate yourself, gear up and gain skills like taking the MSF, some other course and build up to doing a track day to get your serious speed fixes. Do you have any that you would care to share?
I took the MSF first thing and I am waiting for an experienced rider class to be available. And beautiful r6 by the way man.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #111
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
If you're worried that the bike feeling anemic during commuting, try switching to a 15T front sprocket. It will lengthen each gear a little and lower your revs about 1000 rpm at freeway speeds. I was a disbeliever in higher gearing till I swapped up and realized I could still get nice 30-70 pull in a lower gear.

$15 for a new front sprocket is worth a try since it is cheaper than 6k for a new bike just to commute on when you're still getting the feel for how it feels to be in traffic and dealing with sharing the asphalt with morons.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #112
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Tyler, when your new to the streets, it's not hard to enter the freeway in LA. If you stuck in the lane, you just have to go with traffic and turn around later. It may sound bad but it's actually a smart thing to do.
Yeah, especially in my situation because the sign that tells you that you're in the lane to enter is way ahead of where you actually enter. Not to mention there was a truck in front of me and I couldn't see where I was headed. There is no way to turn around and go back once you're on the ramp because there is oncoming traffic.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #113
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

I'm not bored of my 250 at all and I've had it for almost 2 months. Do I feel slow sometimes? I guess, if I feel like riding slow that day. Most of the time, I'm usually going as fast as I want to go. The only time I ever want more power is on the highway but even then, I can still get up to 90 or so indicated. I'd like a bit more power getting to that but it's not really necessary and I've got plenty of power to keep up with the other cars.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get a bigger bike because that's up to each rider. I'm just saying that in my opinion, you've still got a lot to learn and I feel like if anything, you've simply mastered 'riding a motorcycle'. Congrats but I feel like anyone can just ride it. It takes a bit more skill and dedication to ride well though and make the most out of whatever bike you're on.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #114
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
beautiful r6 by the way man.
nah, that pos is fugly. You see that broken tail light????? Chris should give me that ugly ol' thing and get himself a purty lil RSV4 or ZX10 to rip around the track on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #115
itsEnZo
ninjette.org member

Name: Jared

Motorcycle(s): None.. YET

That's a really good quote, csmith. Gonna have to use that sometime lol. To contribute to this thread: there's plenty of good advice you're receiving, Robert. I can't imagine how a 250 would seem slow if you're going through 3-4 gears trying to reach 40-45 mph on a surface street as opposed to staying in 2nd on a bigger bike, but what do I know lol. 45 mph is 45 mph to me, no matter what car I happen to be driving, so I'm assuming it's more or less the same on 2 wheels. Are you being honest when you say you aren't trying to impress anyone? Are you racing your friends or something? Seems like acceleration is your concern, which is why I ask.

Edt: dunno why the quote erased itself, but I was referring to the bag of luck and bag of experience lol

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #116
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
I'm not bored of my 250 at all and I've had it for almost 2 months. Do I feel slow sometimes? I guess, if I feel like riding slow that day. Most of the time, I'm usually going as fast as I want to go. The only time I ever want more power is on the highway but even then, I can still get up to 90 or so indicated. I'd like a bit more power getting to that but it's not really necessary and I've got plenty of power to keep up with the other cars.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get a bigger bike because that's up to each rider. I'm just saying that in my opinion, you've still got a lot to learn and I feel like if anything, you've simply mastered 'riding a motorcycle'. Congrats but I feel like anyone can just ride it. It takes a bit more skill and dedication to ride well though and make the most out of whatever bike you're on.
I do have a lot to learn. I felt the same way about my 250. It wasn't slow, but I needed just a bit more power to be more comfortable. I don't think anyone can ride, at least that's not what I saw at the MSF course. There were 1 or 2 people that striked out the first exercise and another 1 or 2 later on. There was also a guy who had failed the course the first time and even this time he could barely turn the bike.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #117
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Don't base much off of the msf course. Its all newbies.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #118
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsEnZo View Post
That's a really good quote, csmith. Gonna have to use that sometime lol. To contribute to this thread: there's plenty of good advice you're receiving, Robert. I can't imagine how a 250 would seem slow if you're going through 3-4 gears trying to reach 40-45 mph on a surface street as opposed to staying in 2nd on a bigger bike, but what do I know lol. 45 mph is 45 mph to me, no matter what car I happen to be driving, so I'm assuming it's more or less the same on 2 wheels. Are you being honest when you say you aren't trying to impress anyone? Are you racing your friends or something? Seems like acceleration is your concern, which is why I ask.

Edt: dunno why the quote erased itself, but I was referring to the bag of luck and bag of experience lol
Haha it was a good quote I agree. I'm definitely not trying to impress anyone, especially not after an accident. I could care less, my friends actually really liked the 250 and I never got made of for it just being a 250. Most people can't even tell since the 08+ models look like 600+ bikes. People actually thought it was a 600. And if I ever get a speeding ticket, my parents will not let me ride.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #119
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
It wasn't slow, but I needed just a bit more power to be more comfortable.
let me fix this for you, you seem to have trouble phrasing things:

Quote:
It wasn't slow, but I wanted more power to feel better about myself.
you are 15. what do you need motorized transportation for? especially in LA. ride a bicycle. go for a walk. stop making excuses and be honest with yourself. even if you continue lying to yourself on here, at least when yoou go to make the decision in real life, dont lie to yourself. sit down, think about WHY you think each thing. what is the reason for the statements you make. break it down to fact, and strip out all the ego and opinion. you say you cant afford a car. but you think you can afford a bigger bike? if you want to save money, keep your crashed 250 and stop buying **** thats MORE expensive than a cheap car.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #120
5evenz
ninjette.org member

Name: Sev

Motorcycle(s): 09' 250r Thunder Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
What kind of irresponsible parents do you have that would buy you a bike five times more powerful than the one you totaled after only a month?
Aaaahhhaaaaa,,, my mom literally vomited when i got my 250. cant imagine an R1

Ok so if you can control your throttle and the urge to go boom boom fast fast look into a Suzuki sv650, or for more styling a ninja 650 (sounds like your bored of the looks not the speed) maybe a big ol dual sport of some kind or some cafe'd old 500. all good choices. do your research.

there are lots of bikes out there designed as quick, comfortable and stylish commuters that are more than up to the task of ripping the twisty's a new one and wont fly through the back of that UPS truck in front of you when you sneeze and jerk the throttle but still have more getup and go than the 250.

in the right hands you'll whip past idiots on r1's, busa's and gixxers. If your boredom of the ninja stems from wanting a gixxer or r1 to fit in with the bros may aswell trade them boots and jacket for some nice flipflops and a beater.

Closed Thread