ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old November 12th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Trackday @ Chuckwalla 11/9/12

Woo! First trackday was fun as ****. I'm addicted.

I got to the track around 3pm the day before the track day. First one there! Max showed up a bit later and then Walter Senior and Junior. We blocked off a huge section for the 250s and prepped my bike for the track day. I think a few other people showed too. Slept in my car, that sucked, got a good 3 or 4 hours of sleep

Then it was time for the track day! The lack of sleep didn't bother me, I was too damn excited. We had a little classroom that went over the track map and what the flags meant and blah blah blah then we headed out to the track. A group went, then B group, then a practice for the track noobs in C group. A mellow pace around the track to learn it and then we got to ride out.

C group has some more restrictions to make it safer but also a bit frustrating, there is no inside passing only outside passing, pass on the inside and they kick you off the track. This makes it safer and more predictable for everyone but goddamn frustrating when some ****er takes a real race line going half the speed. They start so far out that you can't pass them on the outside, meanwhile theres a HUGE gap on the inside that you can't do anything with. I was nowhere near being the fastest out there but I tried to be respectful of others who wanted to go faster and so I'd stay as close to the inside as I could so others could pass.

Alright so, as I'm heading onto the track, I feel anxious and excited, scared and nervous. Sort of that feeling you get when you get strapped into a badass ride at an amusement park. Like aw **** I never should have done this but don't want to get off. After the first session those anxious nervous feelings were gone and I was just filled with excitement and adrenaline.

As the day went on I got lots of tips and advice from the other riders. Most notably from @dino74. In my first session I was trying to lean off the bike like I saw everyone else do. After talking to Dean he told me don't even worry about hanging off, just lean in a bit and work on lines, apexing, exiting, etc. It was good advice, I'd be going through corners the same speed as dudes hanging way the hell off their bikes

I started getting a lot more confident in session 3 and 4. I started learning how to take the corners throughout the day. I'd follow Max or Dean and see how they took it and then mimic them. I had a tough ass time with crash mountain until I saw how Dean did it.

I didn't shift gears too much, I mostly just stayed in 4th unless I was trying to pass someone. Not having to brake as much for the corners helped me figure out good entrance speeds and how to take the line. I think that's why I was having so much trouble with crash mountain which is three turns, left right left over a hill. It was directly after the back straight where you gain a ton of speed and then have to slow down a lot for the turns. I found it difficult to figure out how much I needed to slow down to comfortably take the turns and it would have been even more difficult if I'd been pinning the throttle every chance I had.

Max also helped me out a bit and passed me on the outside dragging his knee in the bowl. I was thinking damn he's fast and I got to watch him and everybody else in the race on saturday. Max and Tiff who would rape my nuts in a race came in 3rd and 2nd.... from last place... of 30 bikes... Tiff even got lapped by the cbr250 which came in first (dafuq right!?) so at least it LOOKED like she came in second

Buncha people crashed, lotsa noobs went off track too. Dean did an endo but saved it, Kit ate it thanks to Deans endo, Jon crashed and ground down his peg, shifter and handle bar. Sean Pen crashed at crash mountain I think. Damn 2fiddy race got red flagged three times lol. Oh and Alex blew his engine.

So much fun, met a ton of cool people, learned a lot about riding, froze my nuts off at night sleeping in my car, it was a good weekend and well worth the 515mi 9.5hr drive. Jesus, how the **** did I get talked into that

Another thing, the camaraderie at the track is amazing. Jon and Kit's bikes got towed back in and instantly everyone starts fixing them up. Sean Pen's shift rod (shift shaft?) got super ****ed up and the announcer got on the loud speaker and asking for another one. He had three within 10 minutes. Also, people just leave all their **** out with no fear of it being damaged or stolen. Pit bull stands are lying out everywhere, tools all over the place, its really nice to see a community so trusting of each other and so willing to help each other out.

Round trip. I drove my car this past weekend more than I have all year

Grandpa Dean giving out some advice

One of the few good pictures I got. Thing about the photographer was he was only out in the morning so basically I only got pics of when I was all nervous and slow lmao

My tires got nicely worn

Cooler on Wednesday

Cooler on Monday (today). Badass ****ing cooler right? I never had to refill it

My Track Prepped 2fiddy

PhotoDump

Trackday Gallery with all my pics is HERE

The Track

I believe a few thanks are in order.

Thanks @Dmented and @Nemesis for the korean bbq, was ****ing delicious
@Trailerboy531 for setting up the n00bie day
@Kevin2109 for completely tearing the **** up outta c group, dragging knee around the noobs, getting black flagged and then being too scared to go race
@Zombiphone for showing me its ok to go slow and come in last.
@9lives for racing my gas cap in the shootout
@alex.s for the big beautiful dick on my windshield
Someone loaned me some wire cutters which I stole, I think it was Brian, can't remember though, anyway if you want them back let me know!

And to everyone else it was great meeting you!

Total Cost for this weekend
Suit - $350
Track Day - $120
Trailer Hitch - $200
Uhaul Trailer (5 days) - $115
Beer - $25
Snacks n food - $50
60 Gallons of Gas - $250
Cooler - $60
Tinted Shield - $40
Tie Downs - $20
Pictures - $40

Total $1,270

Holy ****.

Totally worth it

Here are my track vids, there was about 7 or so sessions. I'll post up all the full laps from each session and put my fastest lap first. Welcoming all criticism! I started getting much more comfortable around session 3 & 4. In the videos if you see when I'm in a turn and my line gets all ****ed up, its because I stopped looking through the turn and was looking in front of myself instead, its a bad habit I'm working to break.

I don't expect anyone to watch all of these, theres well over an hour of footage total. If you want to critique me use one of the later track sessions (3 and up). I didn't work on my body positioning at all this track day, I probably will at one of the next ones though

I think my fastest time was in session 6 or 7

Session 1

Link to original page on YouTube.

Session 2

Session 3

Session 4

Session 5

Session 6

Session 7

Riding home

AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

Last futzed with by Jiggles; November 13th, 2012 at 03:02 AM.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old November 12th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Man, @Jiggles, you have no idea how much this puts a smile on my face I am so glad you had fun!! And thats how it should be! It was awesome watching you and everyone else advance soooo much in just a short day of riding. There is nothing someone can say, describe or try and act with there hands that truly describes your first track day.

Remember your first orgasm? The track is nothing like that, you dont chase to find that feeling again, it just keeps getting better every time you do it You will always remember this day as your first, the adrenalin, the fun, the excitement, its all there and keeps coming. The end of the day feeling, the closeness with all your friends, all your muscles aching, thinking of how fast or how slow you went, thinking of how to go faster, how to lean more, how to shift more, break less, and accelerate more and sooner! It just keeps getting better and better!!

Thanks guys for making my one year mark at the track so amazing, I absolutely loved it, and I hope you all did too Another successful day in the books, and many more to come with it :')

PS: MAD props to @jenndiggity! I cant believe how much you improved throughout the day!! At first I was like, damn she's kinda slow, but its here first time, its all good But at the end after I passed max and caught up with you, I was like "HOLY ****, WHO IS THIS?!," you were flying!! Seriously, you were awesome out there, and I'm so glad you made it out!

Old November 12th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Oh yea Jenn, it was damn hard for me to pass you at the end of the day! Lol, I couldn't get around you in the turns but luckily since my 250 is the fastest 250 ever I got by you in the straights,
AFM #676

Old November 12th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Damn fine write up Jiggles! Nice riding in those vids too (what I have watched so far), I will watch them all. Expensive aint it?!?!?!? And glad you had a good time!

The track.... creating junkies one rider at a time.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Haha yea but it should be cheaper next time since now I have a suit and a hitch and some closer tracks lol. I'm glad my car was able to tow 1200lbs 1000mi without breaking down
AFM #676

Old November 12th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Now maybe you can get a proper avatar. lol

I know what CC was talking about now, I am also tired of seeing your a*s flying.

Old November 12th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #7
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Now maybe you can get a proper avatar. lol

I know what CC was talking about now, I am also tired of seeing your a*s flying.
But I didn't crash
AFM #676

Old November 12th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #8
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Thanks a bunch for this write up Jiggles!! I have already been talking about going to the track next summer with a friend and this just makes me want to do it even more. I am soooooo going!! And hopefully for half that price. Haha.

I'll be sure to watch the vids as they finish uploading and I have more time. Glad you had a great first track day.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #9
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13

The first 3 vids are up, the rest should upload overnight
AFM #676

Old November 12th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #10
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Turkeydaz at Buttonwillow. Free advice. No handies.
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #11
9lives
ninjette.org member

Name: Walter

Motorcycle(s): Daytona 675

Nice write up there Sean. I'd like to thank you again for loaning me your gas cap since I was basically SOL without it. Sure wish we would have known that you were sleeping in your car? We had had room in the toy hauler and would have gladly given you a more comfortable place to sleep. Well anyway glad you had a great time now you need to go and do a trackday at Sears Point and Thunderhill.
9lives is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #12
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Ah that would have been nice. I'd wake up every couple hours and run the car for 5-10 minutes to heat everything up lol.

Next track day is Turkeydaz@Buttonwillow (much closer ) 11/24 and possibly 11/25 depending on what work is gna do with me
AFM #676

Old November 12th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #13
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I enjoyed reading this Sean. I know the feeling We've got the itch!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #14
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Good ****, man. Not only did you pop your track cherry, but I can honestly say that not once that weekend did I feel compelled to punch you in the face. Those are definitely two great and very hard earned successes.

See you in a week and a half, apparently
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #15
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Tiff is alot like the track, she seems intimidating at a distance but then you get up close and quickly realize its easy to ride all over her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
See you in a week and a half, apparently
Apparently! I may have jumped the gun, I saw there was 4 spots left for one day and I was like **** it, in! I may have to go back to work, I may be getting fired from work, idk, but I'll be missing work on the 24th and hopefully the 25th for sure.

Candid photos ftw?

AFM #676

Old November 13th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #16
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
And the ride home.....

AFM #676

Old November 13th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #17
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
tl;dr

Old November 13th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #18
Peanut_EOD
ninjette.org sage

Name: Peanut

Motorcycle(s): Green 2013 ZX-6R

Welcome to the addiction!

Old November 13th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #19
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
It's better than meth!
AFM #676

Old November 13th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #20
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Just more expensive.

Old November 13th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #21
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
And you get to keep your teeth
AFM #676

Old November 14th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #22
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 faster red

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
And you get to keep your teeth
Not if you crash, hard.

And your math is wrong , again. Your suit and tie downs are long term asset purchase, and thr trailer hitch is a capital investment, so effectively your track-incurred expense is only less than $500 bucks. (The beer dont count since you drink it anyways)

/asian accountant troll mode
andylawcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #23
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Love it! You got the bug right away like me, max, kev, jeff and alex.s did last year.
See you at Turkeydaz jigglet!
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #24
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylawcc View Post
Not if you crash, hard.

And your math is wrong , again. Your suit and tie downs are long term asset purchase, and thr trailer hitch is a capital investment, so effectively your track-incurred expense is only less than $500 bucks. (The beer dont count since you drink it anyways)

AHAHAHA perfect.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #25
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Awesome write up! Great pics and vids too. Can't wait for my first "official" track day!
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #26
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by andylawcc View Post
Not if you crash, hard.

Oh so I didn't spend $1300??? My wallet says otherwise
AFM #676

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #27
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
don't think of it as $1300 for a single day... add in the costs of the next few days then average it out and the number gets smaller...

you gotta find ways to make it seem like you aren't spending all your money on bikes (even if you actually are)

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #28
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I will not rationalize these expenses so suck it
AFM #676

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #29
DreamN
Beer Me!

Name: Jimmy

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 Car(s): '09 Cube, '93 240SX (Coupe & 'Vert)

Awesome stuff. Can't wait till I feel ready for the track.

Curious, how long were most of you riding before your first track day.
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #30
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
A year
AFM #676

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #31
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Powerful the track is, it is the path to the dark side.

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #32
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
how much vodka have you drank in the past hour, chris?

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #33
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

hahahahahha

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #34
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Unfortunately TurkeyDaz is sold out on the 24 and the 25th only has a few C group spots left. You better hop on that if you want to go! I don't think I'll be attending as I just don't have the money for it..

Great write up though man. It was an awesome experience having you out there and I'm so glad you caught the bug - it's really truly amazing. Now you know why we can't shut the hell up before or after a track day, the excitement is overwhelming. I'm still impressed with how far you came to track with us, you're one crazy mofo.

Last but not least...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Tiff is alot like the track, she seems intimidating at a distance but then you get up close and quickly realize its easy to ride all over her.
Sigged.
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #35
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Awesome stuff. Can't wait till I feel ready for the track.

Curious, how long were most of you riding before your first track day.
about 5 months - 2000 miles.

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #36
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Yea I already signed up for the 24th and 25th, there was only 4 spots left when I signed up
AFM #676

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #37
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

lucky bastard..

/lawls. You're hooked as hell.
CVMA #531

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #38
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
My disability just got extended from june 2012 to sept 2012!

Yea, you read that right
AFM #676

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #39
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

That's a lot of extra money....

buy my entry fee!!!
CVMA #531

Old November 14th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #40
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
dont know if i will have a bike to ride for turkeydaz but i will try to come to spectate. maybe i can convince someone to give me a 2up ride

*mercilessly pokes @Zombiphone*